Comic book movie actually embraces, respects...

>comic book movie actually embraces, respects, and even celebrates the source medium instead of mocking it for the first time in literal decades
>everyone hates on it or is at least heavily "conflicted" because they would have to admit they were wrong and would have to go against "le DC bad" meme

Capeshit is too good for you, you deserve far worse.

Attached: aquaman.webm (1920x1080, 1.54M)

I loved it and Shazam user, way more than any of the Marvel offerings this year.

Aquaboy and Shitzam were trash movies for babies.

all capeshit is bad

That was not the problem. It was,
BOOOOOM MUTHERFUCKER.

cant think for myself:the sad incel post

>Oh no we don't know how to end a scene
>QUICK THROW IN AN EXPLOSION

I don't like DC but I don't see a considerable amount of people actively shitting on Aquaman or Shazam. There's definitely better than what Marvel has been doing this year.

yeah yeah that's nice and all, very impressive

as a movie it was boring though

t. not a mouseshill

There's more to a movie than effects and costumes, you fucking blind shill.

Can't believe it happened not once, twice, or even thrice, but FOUR TIMES. You could make a drinking game out of it.

I absolutely loved the movie but yeah it almost felt like the movie itself was having a chuckle with how many just off screen sudden explosions it had

>comic book movie deviates from the source medium
>everyone hates it

Attached: 1561640013424.png (1429x1354, 2.14M)

Aquaman is just a generic Hollywood blockbuster, even moreso than the MCU. That's impressive but not for the reason you want.

I thought Aquaman and Shazam were great though, and I'm a Marvel fanboy.

Did you ot see the tattooed 56%er they cast as aquaman? The guy that molests kids on camera, but is protected in pedowood? Playing the King Arthur inspired character where they discard all the lore to have fish cars and gungan prequel tier underwater cities when the characters swim at mach speeds?

>Having brand loyalty
Just like whatever movie

Honestly your english is so bad I can't tell what you're upset about

A shame its Aquaman, that nobody ever gave a fuck about.

I loved Shazam and Aquaman was pretty good, too. Just make fun movies, that's all you have to do.

Wait I'm confused. I thought most people found Morgan endearing but largely ignored her outside of the love you 3000 memes

Her mom is allegedly a shitty parent in public and made this statement to keep people from criticizing her

>And MCU isn't?

And the MCU isn't?

You know what the first Spider-Man trilogy, Aquaman and Shazam all have in common?

Horror directors.

the sign of capekino

This movie's production didn't cast him, he was a holdover from JL

unironically PS3-tier cgi

unlike Black Panther which was PS2-tier

Aquaman was pretty good. Really liked Orm and Manta

I agree, they were both terrible films.

I loved how unapologetically goofy the villains could be
I'm good on the MCU but they'd also never run "Call me...Ocean Master" without a comedic aside or reaction

Attached: [MUFFLED SCREAMING].jpg (1344x717, 209K)

It was alright, Shazam was so far the best thing WB’s Director’s Cut Extended Universe has ever put out tho

SJWs are sending her death threats because they think Morgan is replacing Riri, so a privileged wypeepo is taking another role from a strong black womyn.

citation needed

But the race shouldn't matter only whether they're good in the role.

I loved this villain. Whoever designed the mask to contort to make expressions deserves an award. And I love it when media can go the extra mile to personify a character. Its a reason why I loved JoJo from its first episode. Ocean Master is so clearly a villain and he's super entitled. The way he talks and act is super expressive and made me really like him as a villain. Willem Dafoe was also amazing in the movie too.

They should be attacking Tom Holland because he whitewashed Miles Morales and called him Peter

>>everyone hates on it or is at least heavily "conflicted" because they would have to admit they were wrong
Literally none of this happened.

>everyone hates it
Pretty sure a lot of people liked it, even if it wasn't perfect. It made over a billion dollars, unless there's that many people hatewatching a movie, that usually doesn't happen unless someone likes it.

It would be cool if the MCU now started introducing more campy aesthetics, concepts, and costumes into the universe in the vein of Orm's mask. The 2010s are over and the first three phases have been wrapped up, it's time for the pendulum swing the other way and allow for more creativity and zaniness, especially since Aquaman showed it can sell. I feel like there's potential for the MCU to start feeling dated if they do nothing to update the concept introduced in 2008 with Iron Man.

Attached: 1550343675149.jpg (1116x931, 226K)

Aquaman was certainly visually stunning, but something nobody seems to acknowledge (or even want to) is that the plot made about as much sense, if not less than the Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Shazam was fantastic, except for the bully characters. It just feels like those two were written by boomers.

The movie made a billion in cash, why are you lying by saying that everyone hated it?! Everyone loves the fuck out of it, enoughs to give The Trench a spinoff

Which super heroes comics do you recommend for someone who hates Disney crap and thinks that marvel is a shit?

DC i guess. Image and Dark Horse also have some decent supes

And Spider-Verse, made by Sony, but perfectly good as well. That December was fantastic for comic book movies.

On rewatch I can tell, yep, it was on purpose.

Thank you based aquachad

>everyone hates on it
Nice victim complex

Dan jurgens run on superman/action comics

>Everyone hates it
Everyone loves Aquaman.
It literally made over a billion dollars.
Everybody who actually watched Shazam loved it too.

Attached: RCO011.jpg (1041x1600, 352K)

woops meant

Wtf is even that pic?

shut up everyone loved aquaman. even the trench are getting a spin off movie. aint nobody making a dark elves or skrull movie

I think the people heading the MCU kind of forgot what the first Iron Man movie was like. Tony demanded his suit be painted like a hot rod. And then they just refused to give Cap a good costume for a solid decade, kept sticking Thor in plastic and civvies, and now keep trying to make Spidey black, armored tacticool costumes. They mostly got over it by the time of Dr. Strange and Black Panther but they're on the verge of backsliding.

>and now keep trying to make Spidey black,
This is where site formatting cut off the paragraph for me
>armored tacticool costumes.

Attached: 16849.gif (498x276, 2.29M)

Go back to hell you don't belong in God's world Yea Forums.

>Ant-Man suit in that pic
It may not look like the comic counterpart but it's a great depiction of the costume. It's also an outright lie that the colors are muted, Ant-Man's red is so saturated is that it catches the eye more compared the Wasp suit (Which is a problem since it makes Ant-Man look better than Wasp in the movies).

>for the first time in literal decades
No.

Anyway, I'll always maintain that Aquaman was a step in the right direction for DC in that it got away from the cringy tryhard Snydershit and didn't act embarrassed of its own subject matter, but it was still a bad movie. Character arcs are all over the place, pacing is fucking garbage, action is boring, and the film plays out like a series of clips trying to emulate the iconic scenes of better films.

I'm glad Aquaman happened because if it failed Shazam might not have even been released, and DC would have stayed the course with their shitty muh gritty darkness direction. But I wouldn't watch it again because it fucking sucks as a movie.

I just don't care about Aquaman when the movies before it in this universe sucked hard, ruined the trinity, & blew their wads too early. Tried to give Shazam a try but I gave up quickly after it mocked the concept of Shazam in the first place with an oh so witty sarcastic remark. Then it unironically had a stronk womyn moment where Shazam tells a mugger to 'get woke'.

I liked how Aquaman looked but the story was bland and everyone in it kinda sucked except Momoa, Black Manta (who was dispatched pretty ignominiously) and the Green Goblin

Gotham Academy I believe. Damian Wayne and a qt asian waifu doing adventure.

Holy shit they really do all have that shape