Who are the Illuminati in DC?

Attached: Illuminati.jpg (600x904, 130K)

Kingdom Come had that crew of Highfather, Zeus , Shazam, Phantom Stranger and the GL Guardian that absolutely shit on Marvel's pathetic Illuminati.

Did they actually call themselves the Illuminati?? Isn't that a loaded term? Were they aware that what they were doing was kind of insidious?

Yes yes and yes

That was the point. It was an insidious group.

Who actually came up with the name?

Superman and Wonder Woman are definitely a part of it. Batman, of course, would oppose it.

Vandal Savage, Mera, Amanda Waller, Wonder Woman, Mr. Terrific, and Black Adam

Superman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
The Flash
Shazam
Hawkman/Hawkgirl

Me

This looks good but add Batman

Batman
Batman is paranoid extraordinaire, brainlet, he would LEAD the Illuminati. Superman would oppose it.

This.

Superman would never know.

Batman's against concentration of power, including his own. Superman's always the figurehead of such things, even if most of the times he's there to be lead around by other more cunning people.

Either way, Superman would lead the Illuminati, and Batman would create an underdog group that'd count Green Arrow to oppose Superman dumb-headed move.
Wrong. Shows how little you guys know DC.

what exactly is the Marvel Illuminati? just the smartest people? what do they do?

Batman did Tower of Babel and Brother Eye. I totally see him being in on the Illuminati.

Superman would lead it. He always does. Kingdom Come and INJUSTICE is something that exist. Not to mention Identity Crisis.

Superman was against the OMAC program and Brother Eye and Batman contingency plans. He would never lead an organization like the Illuminati.

Metron
Amanda Waller
Black Adam
Batman
Dr. Magnus
Ganthet
Hippolyta

Batman created the contingency plans for the Justice League in 'Tower Babel' precisely because he's uncomfortable about the Justice League and its members holding so much power. Everyone acted indignant about the idea, including Superman.
Batman also created Brother Eye because he became aware that the Justice League wiped his mind so they could continue to mind-rape a villain for convence sake, and that Superman was aware of it. Brother Eye was a countermeasure against the Justice League and its members because he feared they'd keep on abusing their powers.

Pretty much all over Batman's crazy actions was in direct conflict against the idea of superheroes holding power and abusing said power. Meanwhile Superman's always leading the party even when said party is corrupt as fuck.

Aquaman
Queen Hippolyta
Black Adam
Doctor Fate
Hawkman
Lex Luthor

Superman was against Brother Eye because he felt betrayed by Batman, despite betraying Batman much earlier. Not to mention that Superman is able to spy the entirety of Earth.

I always felt like Mera, who is pretty bitching, would be atlantis's representation in the Illuminati, guiding Arthur's hand to do what the Illuminati believe is best.

The Jews.

In other words the actual writers / artists.

Attached: 1559515565750.jpg (544x626, 68K)

Lex
Batman
Amanda Waller
Black Adam
Orion
Hippolyta
Mera
Doctor Fate

Superman (because the president asked him to)
Wonder Woman (as Themyscera's ambassador)
Mera (as Atlantis' representative)
Green Lantern (as the Corps' representative)
Orion (as New Genesis' representative)
Black Adam (as Kadaqh's ruler)
Doctor Fate (as magic's whatever)

They are important figures in their “area” (mutants, magic, science, inhumans etc). They manipulate events to suit what they believe is the greater good

this pantheon appears in the first issue of the current JL run too

the current JL run proposes that the justice league and legion of doom are the black and white lodges

but the true answer lies in The Invisibles, which is more relevent than ever now that both Bruce and Lex can step through 4th dimensional doors like invisible agents

another reasonable answer is the league of assassins which needs little citation if you understand the etymology of the word

They are huge assholes basically

>Kingdom Come/Injustice
KEK two alternate realities. The latter being massively bad fanfic and only exists to shill the video game and wank Batman again. The former was Superman who retired the cape to go be a farmer and bang Wonder Woman because heroes lost their way. Both are massively out of character and are the last stories you want representing Superman's character.

In contrast, in main canon, Batman had contingency plans for the League and built Brother Eye. Both of which turned on him and many important heroes.

But they also tend to be the leading minds of their groups as well, in terms of hierarchy (literal kings) or intelligence (scientists, etc.)

Not to mention Batman is one of DC's top intellects. Illuminati needs an Iron Man/Reed equivalent mind to function well.

to be fair netherrealm studios is the reason why doomsday clock happened

all cuz they wanted roarshach to be playable

>Orion (as New Genesis' representative)
Orion wouldn't care and New Genesis wouldn't be fooled by a bunch of Earthlings and Dr Fate has way more important things to do.

They did nothing wrong

Explain Identity Crisis.

Attached: Identity Crisis (2004) (Digital TPB) (F) (Nahga-Empire).cbr-Identity Crisis (2004) (Digital TPB) (Na (1920x2951, 1.3M)

Superman have super-intellect and would serve as the ineffectual voice of reason, like always.

Yeah, Metron or Highfather would be better suited here.

>Batman (Street heroes/detectives)
>Amanda Waller (Suicide Squad/Black Ops)
>Mera (Atlantis)
>Hippolyta (Themyscria/Ancient Gods)
>Black Adam (Khandaq/Magic)
>Metron (New Gods/Space)

The one being wanked in INJUSTICE is Superman, user. Don't let him being a villain it fool you.

That's boring. Superman is a boy scout and isn't suited for a secret society.

None of DC's characters are massive snobs so no one. Lex already has the Legion of Doom. Batman is his own illuminati

Batman would never be part of such a group. He'd only enter such a group to undermine the whole operation.

When has Batman been a part of such a thing? Even in the Justice League he's always trying to undermine his own colleagues.

Captain America wasnt in the Illuminati, why the fuck would Superman be in it?

Cap is a coward, Superman isn’t

Captain America joined in later iterations

It's precisely because Superman is a boyscout that he be part of such a group. There's precedent to it.
Forget the golden age, Superman has been the guy that doesn't want to rock the boat for the longest time now. Diana would probably convince him that's the right thing to do and that they can do good by being part of such a group.

I feel the Court Of Owls rather feel like the traditional description of the Illuminati.

As for something like Marvel´s not sure but I guess Amanda Waller is part of it.

Also I doubt Zeus and other super powered beings count as the Illuminati are meant to be powerful mortals.

DC never made one. The closest thing they had is that Anti-Light in the Young Justice cartoon (ironically, the name is the opposite of the Illuminati).

He was pissed when he found out about it

That sounds dumb and out of character

Superman would be placed in the group because of his role as representative of all the DCU. The "Zeus" of the meta-human community.

Pssst. The Justice League is DC's Illuminati.

Court of Owls was an example of Snyder stupidity that the entire universe revolved around Gotham. It would be more plausible that it would be a few families and maybe 4-6 people tops and not so over the top retarded.

He joined but made sure they did things better.

He would be, even Ra could do it.

>Superman being so weak minded that he would be recruited like a naive boy.
KEK. Superman wouldn't get involved with such a manipulative group playing gods. Superman is a firefighter not a bureaucrat.

The whole point is Batman has repeatedly been caught trying to take control of situations, like Brother Eye and the Tower of Babel. To say he wouldn’t be in a super secret club trying to run the way the world works would be disingenuous with his current characterization.

The Illuminati, like Civil War, are things that simply don't fit in DC.

Batman is the only major hero asshole and paranoid enough to do it but he's his own Illuminati.
It would end up being mostly villains, anti heroes, and anti villains like Vandal, Lex, Ra's, Orm, etc.

Why does he lead the Justice League them and act as the representative of the DCU?

And then he joined anyways

Attached: New_Avengers_Vol_2_29_Textless.jpg (900x1366, 255K)

>made sure they did things better.
How? And who the fuck in there would listen to him besides Tony?

Attached: ml9ok8xibmtk9ivamwzc.png (800x450, 743K)

Well at times it seems Batman is his own continuity apart from DC. There are plenty of beings who could take down the Court Of Owls and the LOA but nothing.

If anything if we go with the demons are reptilian aliens who do rituals route, we could say Intergang is the Illuminati in DC and actually give trouble to Superman and a few metas.

Makes me wonder how come Intergang never clashed with Ra and his group and the court of Owls.

Also the Secret Society that the Earth 3 Syndicate tried to make, also felt Illuminati-like but got trashed by Batman, Lex and pals.

>Xavier come pose for our cover page
>alri-AAUUUGHHH

Read the goddamn comics you're referencing like a casual.
Tower of Babel was about Batman not being okay with the Justice League and its member holding so much power, including himself, and then coming up with counter-measures for each and every single one of them, INCLUDING HIMSELF.
OMAC was about Batman being paranoid as fuck about the Justice League and its members abusing their power because he remembered about them wiping out his mind so he created Brother Eye to keep an eye on every single one of them, so the moment they pull any shady shit their actions would be sent to every media outlet.

SO why do you think he wouldn't be part of a group that serves as a check to the Justice League? It's totally consistent with his character

I actually wanted for the Justice League to deal more with the Court Of Owls, but sadly did not happen but for a brief moment.

Even The Comedian alone went brutal on what remained of the Court Of Owls.

Cap joined to keep an eye on them after the things they did.

Because that's not what the Illuminati is about. They're about the world's "leaders" of every race coming together to control the fate of the world for the greater good.

What the fuck can he do if he disagrees with that group lmao

Speaking of the Tower of Babel, how come the League does not deal more with Ra?

At least they should let Aquaman deal with Ra´s Al Ghul once in a while.

Get mindwiped and kicked out apparently

Exactly. Him being there as a check and balance is next to useless

Batman doesn't share his villains much. I think that Ra's only ever fought Wonder Woman and Black Canary, whom he wanted to fuck.

What would they do? Kill him? Plus they respect him and Namor views him as a bro. Namor was against Hulk being sent away, supported Cap in Civil War and was the one to go talk to him when he had the Phoenix Force.

Because they'd dismantled his little global glorified thug gang in a second. Status quo is needed for Batman to have more villains for future stories.

What?

H-he can go tell Thor on them. He is bros with Namor and SHOULD be great friends with Tony

Fuck telepaths, they should be killed on site. LIterally no good comes of them and they could mindfuck you whenever they feel like it.

>What would they do? Kill him?
Mind wipe him
>Plus they respect him
Not enough to listen to him when the rest decide that something is the “right” thing to do

Do the vampire monitors count?

I think if you kill Strange you have far greater issues than mind wipes

Basically none of the big important heroes would be on it, except maybe Batman. And there would be villains and anti villains on it.

>Mr Terrific, if not Batman
>Orm, maybe Mera
>Dr Fate
>Amanda Waller
>Swamp Thing
>Some combo of Lex, Vandal, Black Adam, and Ra's
>I'm sure you'd have to squeeze an amazon in here and it would probably be Hippolyta or Artemis

Why does there always have to be a parallel?

Oh I just assumed Xavier mindwiped him since thats kind of his thing.

Strange really just mindwiped Steve?

In DC they always have the meta-humans as the bad guys and the masked vigilantes as the underdogs freedom fighters.

None of DC's characters are pathetic enough to give a shit about forming a frat to control world.

Yes, he does stuff like that all the time. His modus operandi way back then was a massive mind wipe after every fight

Superman is a god, Captain America is a soilder

they are not comparable

>what is the justice league

remember the mini series where the joker became god, beat superman and then preceeded to try erase batman from existence and then superman explains that the entireity of the metaverse exists inside of batman.

the detective. Detective comics. You can kill superman and the story can continue but if you kill batman everything is over.

This is why morrison constantly tells you to study detective chimp he is often used as a metaphor for bruce

By that fucking leap of logic
>what is the Avengers

What about Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, and Doomsday Clock? The DCU literally revolves around Superman.

it's fun :)

Batman dies and Dick replaces him for a while lel. Morrison's fav character is obviously bats

And now Doomsday Clock says the whole metaverse spins on Superman.

Read
Ra would never be placed on such group.

Or it was as Barbathos was the one making Batman the metaverse spin on him. With Barbathos gone, now Manhattan is somehow making the metaverse spin on Superman.

How does that not read as controlling behavior, you uneducated swine? Also, what next, are you going to tell me the original Outsiders were being trained to help the Justice League in case they needed back-up? Get out of here, you venomous pleb.

Did you read METAL? Batman was just a trap. What Barbatos wanted was Superman, who eventually followed Batman into the dark multiverse and was kidnapped to fuel their machines.

Morrison didn't kill Batman he made him a god. Bruce and Lex can both step through 4 dimensional doors like King Mob now

Dr Manhatten can't see gods

Batman's all about going against the establishment, user. Even the Outsiders. The group was created by Batman to fight bad shit that the government and the Justice League wouldn't intervene because of politics. The Outsiders are a bunch of fringe figures and underdogs

>How does that not read as controlling behavior, you uneducated swine
It's about check and balances, about accountability.

Weird how Batman can go against beings like Doomsday and Darkseid, while they do not let metas deal with Ra.

Similar as they do not let Lady Shiva deal with beings like Doomsday and Darkseid, yet Cassandra can dodge bullets and even be faster than light.

Fuck, I just want to see Lady Shiva and Cassandra getting their shit pushed more often to show they are not the big shits they are inside the DC Universe.

No, the beating by faux Prometheus does not count.

So you want Batman adjacent characters to be used more by other properties for the explicit purpose of being shat on all to reaffirm the supremacy of these other properties?

>the first superhero IRL is NOT the one the superhero universe revolves around
What a hot take

They are a shared universe after all!

Read

i am honestly just as much as a supershill as the rest of you lads, i am sorry for telling you the truth about what DC stands for.

Here is to hal. cheers everyone. 4 more years.

why are you telling me to read my own post?

Just Amanda Waller.

>I wonder what could be going on in that underground military fortress made entirely of lead. Certainly nothing nefarious.

Dr Fate, Mr Terrific, Aquaman, The Chief (Niles Caulder), Steel, Martian Manhunter.

Then later Grodd will join the illuminati after witnessing an incursion on the outskirts of his city.

And Steel being supermans token black best friend will invite him to the team before erasing his mind.

I know a lot of anons hate the idea of Superman being part of an "Illuminati" type of group, but if DC were to do this they'd have to include him precisely because he's the big character of the DCU. He's the HERO, and sometimes even get to act as the GOD, and so he gets portrayed as the KING. He's pretty much the face of the establishment. The MAN, if you will.
That's the main issue Superman face ever since DC started to push him as the publisher's mascot both out and in-universe.

Bruce Wayne, Batman, and Matches Malone

>I see what you are doing.

Why can´t we have a story with Batman trying to rule everything.

And before you say it is impossible, he would have lots of kryptonite stuff.

The twist would be that Ra would oppose this, be his Injustice Lex and die fighting him.

The legion of Doom

The face of Marvel is either Spider-Man or Captain America and neither are Illuminati

It's Batman.

The Illuminati are a bunch of self righteous pricks who think they know better and make secret plans that wind up fucking over everyone else.

Because of Alan Moore. No, seriously. Pretty much every portrayal of us vs them that has plagued DC for decades now is somewhat based on a old comic event pitch Moore gave DC back in the 80's. DC never published it, but they keep milking the concept so often it basically became the publisher's mantra. The irony is that Moore came up with the pitch as a sort of subtle "fuck you" to certain ideas Moore feared DC would enact in the future.

>Batman's against concentration of power, including his own

Unless it's under his control. Secret armies (omac), plots to kill every hero that's worth a fuck and a need to always be in control? That's all Batman all the time.

>because he's uncomfortable about the Justice League and its members holding so much power.

We didn't say that he didn't have a bullshit excuse.

Cap is.

Later on ya . But it was better before he joined

OMAC wasn't Batman's idea, user, but Maxwell Lord's. Batman only came up with the Brother Eye satellite, Cadmus were the ones that came up with the idea of turning humans into controlled metas using nanon-bots. Lord only combined the nanonbots ideas with the spy satellite idea.
Batman also never planned to kill anyone. That's simple not how Batman works. The contingency plans were only made to incapacitate and contain the heroes. Ra's al Ghul was the one that changed the plans to be lethal, and in doing so made the plans weaker and easy to escape.

What Illuminati stories are good before he joined?

Whatever happened to Cadmus? Some saw it as Western Comics´ NERV.

>Superman and Ra´s Al Ghul working together to fight an evil Batman.

I like the idea.

Fuck, Batman would be a bigger control freak than Superman because of muh parents ar ded and over prevent from children losing their parents.

None.

Exactly, it was worse under Bendis

As far as I know, they did not exist. They just shown them as like stories that took place in the past.

Whatever happened to the Lady Illuminati? Somehow I do see Storm as the replacement for Xavier but she was for Black Panther while Xavier had Lilandra.

Are the Talons kept alive via the Lazarus stuff?

No they have some formula

He is more bro with Namor than Tony.

Similar or based on it?

Of course. Namor being war bros with Steve and Bucky is one of my favorite aspects of him.

Tony and Steve always stuck out to me as good friends, in the old comics at least.

“Who watches the watchmen?” Which, essentially, was a response to Miller’s Batman.

The whole reason the Illuminati existed was to advocate for Earth's rights and protect humanity from alien threats. No New Gods. No Green Lanterns. Both owe allegiance to powers offworld.
And everyone should remember, just because someone like Waller seems like an obvious choice doesn't mean she'd be there. It's not like Marvel included Nick Fury. Kings and leaders and scientists. People of influence and intelligence and discretion.

Luthor
Black Adam
Aquaman
Doctor Fate
Hippolyta
Batman

It's a shame DC ditched so much in the New 52. Mr. Terrific would have been excellent for this. For a while he was White King of Checkmate, Chairman of the Justice Society, and still the smartest guy on earth. In the current DCU, the only team that matters is the Justice League.

Well, the first mini was written by bendis, if you didn't guess, so...

The logical choices would be Luthor, Mr. Mind, Sivana, Grodd, maybe Black Adam, Ra's or Vandal Savage and Egg-Fu

They don't fit Marvel, either.

You're implying Superman is corrupt because he's leading a corrupt group. Not only is this circular but it's largely not true in canon.

Attached: sassy namor hopes.jpg (387x400, 75K)

He make a point in having more power than anyone else as a "precaution" because he thinks that he is better than everyone else and that he is so perfect that he won"t ever crack and do something bad.

Eh, some members of the Illuminati I can see

-being there. Xavier and Strange are good candidates. The rest are definitely more iffy in terms of membership

The whole thing at the time was making Marvel's geniuses or powerful characters into ducks and moral ambiguity and blah blah, it brought nothing good.

...I was almost sure I wrote "dicks"

The logical choices would be Luthor, Mr. Mind, Sivana, Grodd, maybe Black Adam, Ra's or Vandal Savage
This is by far the best choice. The Light from Young Justice is basically the DC Illuminati.
>They don't fit Marvel, either.
Completely disagree. Everyone on the original illuminati is big enough of an asshole to think it's a good idea.

>making
Most of them already are

Stark has always been a dick.
Namor has always been a dick.
Richards has always been a dick.
Xavier had recently been turned into a dick in a set of unrelated stories.

Black Bolt came out of this okay. So did Strange.

rape

Constantine
Mera
Hippolyta
Fate
Metron
John Stewart

I visibly cringed reading this
So retarded

>Everyone on the original illuminati is big enough of an asshole to think it's a good idea.
And they quickly escalated it to sending superheroes to Negative Zone Guantanamo because they were "just following orders" from Uncle SSam. That reasoning just doesn't work.

Dr Fate would just show up and say
>The fate of your scheming little group isn't as good as you think
and leave.

Batgod prints more money. Really the universes revolve around $$$$$$$$$

He made plans against himself as well, dipshit. It's just that he wasn't a pussy about his powers being questioned.

No you little Batman fanboy. Batman would lead the group. You've been reading too much injustice and TDKR.

JL wasnt pussy about it they didnt like how Bats did it without their knowledge. A team is suppose to trust each other.

Just Batman

Superman was fine with the JL raping the villains' minds for convenience sake, Batman wasn't.

Attached: Adventures of Superman 636 (Team-DCP).cbr-Adventures of Superman 636 (Team-DCP)-Image20.jpg (1024x1598, 372K)

Who gives a shit about Identity Crisis bad writing? Elongated man and his wife is a e-list fodder no one cares about. The whole thing needs to be swept under a rug.

DC made an entire crossover about evil alternate universe Batmen who took over their worlds just a year or two ago and everyone bitched about it.

Why would people bitch about it? They wanked Batman even more despite it being evil alt Batman. Surely that would make them happy?

It's indicative of how DC tends to portray Superman and Batman.

They bitched precisely the same way you're doing it now. The evil Batmen accomplished something - how would they be a threat otherwise? - and that's apparently Batwank.

Superman will always be the king, because he's their most important character. Batman will always be the underdog, because he's their most popular and profitable character. So whenever lines are drawn in the sand, Superman will be the face of the establishment and Batman the face of the opposition. Costumed super-heroes vs masked vigilantes. Metas vs humans. Gods vs men.

t. reads Injustice.

INJUSTICE is literally a product made up of DC's in-house memes. So of course they'd crib that shit. Still all of that comes from Alan Moore's Twilight of the Superheroes pitch that have been reworked by DC over the years for several comics. The more famous one being Kingdom Come.

Yep. Just compare and contrast with the damage Identity Crisis did to the league right up to Flashpoint.

Attached: Cap-Mid-Wipe-720x468.jpg (720x468, 75K)

>He made plans against himself as well, dipshit.

Lol, making plans "against yourself" and keeping them to yourself is just a roundabout way of protecting yourself and thinking about your own weaknesses.

Spidey will never be important in universe for a big community event as a key player. Good, Parker is a incel who will never sto0 being a shit superhero.

Isn't marvels current Illuminati comprised of all villains like black ant, the enchantress, etc?

batman
black adam
alan scott
mr terrific
dr fate
j'onn j'onzz

anybody who says superman doesn't get it. cap and supes have the same moral compass, superman would never put himself into a group thinking he could steer earth "in the right direction"

Everyone who think Superman wouldn't be leading such a group have a romanticized view of Superman and know nothing of how DC operates. Identity Crisis is something that exists, after all. It was a major comic event that had major repercussions.

Captain America have more in common with Batman than Superman, though.

>superman would never put himself into a group thinking he could steer earth "in the right direction"
>What is the Justice League?

Tbh the worst members were Namor and Stark. Bolt and Strange did nothing wrong, really

Yes, but at some point he was the voice of reason.But things got out of control and when he opposed their decisions he was fucking mindraped

T. Amanda Waller

superman didn't do anything in identity crisis, which is the point, he didn't get directly involved

at the same time identity crisis is shit

batman is the opposite to cap in terms of how they deal with the rights of anybody in their way

the JL is a response team dealing with villains, natural disasters, etc. it's like cap being on the avengers but wanting nothing to do with the illuminati. superman is fine with a response team, but he would not be down with a wildstorm authority scenario

>superman didn't do anything in identity crisis, which is the point, he didn't get directly involved
He was aware and let it continue. Even hid it decades later.

That's it. Tha'ts the entire story

> Mr. Terrific
> Dr. Fate
> Batman
> Black Adam
> Ted Kord
> Jericho

DC's Illuminati are responsible for the creation of Brother Eye which fucked up the present. And from the carcass of Brother Eye gave rise to Solaris which fucked up the future and killed over a million future heroes. Some among them were Supermen.

Why the hell would Ted Kord and Jericho be invited? They ain't important figures in their universe.

Aren't Cadmus basically The Illuminati?

Ted Kord is similar to Tony. But you could also swap him out with Ray Palmer.

And yeah I guess I was going for the mute hero to mirror Black Bolt with Jericho. But replace him with Ra's now that I think about it

Dark Knights Metal, had a new canon version of CADMUS so i guess it's pretty much them

The Light from young justice

I can't see Wondy on the team

Superman's "super intellect" varies so much from each story it may as well not exist at all.

Batman

That's a thing they had in the nineties called the Quintessence. They just oversee cosmic shit.
Batman, Black Adam, Aquaman, Dr. Fate, Diana and Solivar

sending your friend into space.

DC Illuminate decides to send Doomsday into space. Planet Doomsday is born. Doomsday and a bunch of misfits eventually come to Earth in the World War Doomsday event where Doomsday kick everyone's collective ass and kills Superman.... again.

Attached: 1426709278448.jpg (1324x2050, 561K)

>Parker is a incel

Literally banged supermodels.

>Unironically using a buzzword incorrectly
Wow you are a retard.

fuck NOOOOOOOO.

Watch it as bendis gives them that brilliant, innovative idea...

Doesn't work 100% because Doomsday actually deserves it... and that's why I can see that happening.

You do realize that batman created a fucking space robot to spy on everything, right?

...For literally three issues, then the rest kicked him off the team.