>1998
>American Godzilla comes out
>Its not Godzilla
>Its shit on for being not Godzilla and even though it did well financially, the american series was cancelled

>2019
>MCU Spider-Man comes out
>its not Spider-Man
>If you criticize this at all you're just a whiny comic nerd and you need to sit down and accept daddy Disney, its just an alternate universe sweetie, thats a yikers from me!

What the fuck happened?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hvukgxvj5t4
youtube.com/watch?v=11UqGjtCaZ4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>movie is objectively bad regardless of whether it's authentically Godzilla
>somehow the same as hating a movie purely because it's NOT MUH

The 1998 Godzilla really isnt that bad, its just an okay movie that has more to do with The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms than anything to do with Godzilla.

Also, its not "not muh" to point out that MCU Spider-Man is just sucking Iron Mans dick. The entire fucking sequel movie was just sucking Iron Mans dick. All of his villains are just mad at Iron Man, and all Spider-Man wants to be, continuously, is Iron Man 2.

It was a shitty Jurassic Park ripoff

disney

>really isnt that bad
It really is

Difference of one being a bad movie and the other being a good one?

Zilla 98 was a good movie. I’ll fight anyone on this.

>Jurassic World
>Dinosaur movie
>It's not dinosaurs
>Neckbeards defend because science was stupid when they were children
No one actually cares about authenticity user

Zilla is well liked as a Kaiju film, just not as a Godzilla film.
Also
>Zilla is clearly a girl
She is a precious cupcake not an asexual abomination.

Nuspidey isn’t good though

American Gojira fans are top level wizards
Normalfags like spiderman
Thats the main diff

The movie was shit, the animated series retroactively made it less shit.

Attached: godzilla_animated_series.jpg (1200x680, 75K)

>FFH
>Good

Really? You seen it?

Attached: Spagetface.png (320x240, 107K)

Damn I hate Disney. We'd been hoping for years for Spider-Man to join the MCU. Now every mistake they make is permanent. This is the timeline where I'm hoping we get a One More Day adaptation. The absolute state of the MCU.

>>If you criticize this at all you're just a whiny comic nerd

This is true if you do not like absolutely any tv show or movie of any kind whatsoever without exception after 2016.

You have to love every show and every movie or else you are a whining angry incel nazi maga hat wearing asshole looking to start trouble or trolling.

Attached: [email protected] (400x341, 24K)

Shut the fuck up Raimifag.

How am i being a raimifag?

Yea patient zero was Ghostbusters. If you had any negqative thing to say about it and did not praise it forever ans ever you were a seething incel who hated seeing women on screen.

Got much much worse with Star wars, if you did not like it then obviously it's because you hate seeing strong women on screen because clearly the movie was perfection in every other respect.

Then it just sort of turned into the perfect defense for anyone that made a shitty movie. No one was allowed to simply not like a movie that was not good. You either say it was amazing, or you should not have an opinion because you must be politically motivated to pretend to not like it.

Attached: 1560.png (615x398, 59K)

She's a beautify mother of hundreds.

Find me someone in this day and age that still defends Ghost Busters.

Just look on twitter for about 10 seconds.

With Star Wars it was a case of the people screaming about feminism and agendas being much louder than the people who just thought TLJ was a bad movie on its own merits, which made it easier to dismiss criticism when the loudest critics were drowning out the people who were pointing out legitimate problems. The worst part is that pointing this out gets you labeled an SJW Disney shill.

Zilla has both penis and vagina. They spell this out in the movie. It fucked itself to reproduce. Only Cartoon Zilla was not intersex. You'd know this if you watched the movie and the cartoon.

Furthermore Cartoon Zilla is the only good thing to come out of Zilla.

Attached: GodzillaJr-building.jpg (374x231, 12K)

It's actually still strongly defended by the "Look how much of a feminist I am!" camp who still like to claim the movie was amazing but was sabotaged by seething angry misogynists.

God i fucking hate twitter.

Godzilla thread? Let's!

What's your favorite monster from the series?

Attached: GodzillaJr_SPLENDID.jpg (466x358, 35K)

Don't forget Thundercats Roar, which had the entire animation industry making fun of anyone who just did not like the look of it.

Attached: 456555213.jpg (570x570, 65K)

I only just started watching but the thing that eats tar was pretty neat.

The concept of that didnt even make any sense. Thundercats is boomercore shit, why bring it back if you're not targeting the demographic who watched Thundercats as a kid?

Modern kids dont even know what the fuck Thundercats is.

That was one of the arguments. Why did it ever have to be Thundercats at all if they were not trying to bank on some nostalgia for extra views? Why not just make a totally new random show about cat people going on adventures instead.

Jr. had a good waifu.

Attached: Komodithrax.png (1200x905, 1.18M)

Nessie.

Attached: 144711da4c97bfb707a5bd2ab86e56d800074e1cv2_00.jpg (512x318, 26K)

I never got why they were so touchy about this. The show wasn't even political so all the criticism seems from actual quality.

Because its being made by southern california retards with skin the thickness of damp paper who's parents bought them into art school. They're the definition of privileged brats.

>The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms
That wasn't a shitty comedy though.

Because what said
>Then it just sort of turned into the perfect defense for anyone that made a shitty movie. No one was allowed to simply not like a movie that was not good. You either say it was amazing, or you should not have an opinion because you must be politically motivated to pretend to not like it.

>all the criticism seems from actual quality.
You're right but that didn't stop people from calling it SJW tranny soiboi feminist etc etc because we've reached a point where people just throw those words at anything they don't like, even if it doesn't actually make any sense.

Both sides of this are full of thin-skinned morons. Neither can take the fact that it's a shit cartoon based on a shit toy commercial that the public at large will never really will care about. They feed into each other, validating one another the angrier they get. Roar is shit, and the people who flipped out over it are morons.

I think a lot of it is propaganda. The media picks up a few tweets and fans the flames until it becomes a culture war so they get click money. They create artificial political divides to cause fighting between groups to their own benefit.

Yea the pushback of
>It's not for you incel! It's a kids show made for kids only!

Always made me question why make it Thundercats and not some new OC show. Clearly it's not supposed to attract nostalgia points from old fans. and it's not like they saw the original having a solid story that they wanted to adapt for a new generation since it looks like another all new wacky random humor show. So it makes no sense to make it a Thundercats series at all since they are doing nothing that would give them a reason to make it a Thundercats show.

Weirdly if they did this and made some OC show about wacky barbarian cat people fighting lizard people with magic swords, it might have been fun and watchable.

It’s still pretty bad. Not unwatchable but the forced drama and obvious Jurassic Park influence weighs it down

They made the sword of omens into a Mecha which was weird as fuck.

It’s pretty god damn Spiderman user. Just doing new shit only. How is the hard to comprehend? The character is there man, they just aren’t retreading and are playing with lore; which you either think is good or don’t I suppose. Either way, you’re allowed not to like it. Just don’t do to others what you claim is being done to you because a lot of people see and are enjoying the true spirit of the character in this new stuff. Not to sound overly fluffy but it’s true. People love this Spider-Man, lots of classic fans and lots of newer or movie fans.

Look at what TLJ continues to do for a bunch of whiny shits crapping out youtube videos on the regular about how it was the worst thing ever. Especially with those furries with the deviantart-tier "avatars" clickbaiting for youtube ad bux. Which in turn gets the fucktards who try to actually defend that shit to make their response videos, and then it becomes that same kind of circlejerk again.

In the end the TLJ haters got the last laugh, though, because they managed to completely destroy all discussion of Star Wars on social and mainstream media. They did not win, in the end, but they so thoroughly poisoned any and all discussion of Star Wars that nobody else can win either, not now and not from now on. Sheev would be proud.

Attached: open-uri20150608-27674-wiquhr_3528045b.jpg (1200x600, 84K)

I just like it... That’s it. Don’t buy toys. Don’t care about anything other than character and story. I just like it user. 28 years old. Love it.

>It’s pretty god damn Spiderman user
No user, it isnt.

It lacks the soul of Spider-Man.

I'd at least be willing to watch it again, so there's that

>What the fuck happened?
(((The Mouse))) controls the narrative. Cant let you get away speaking wrongly about our products. Hehe

Attached: download.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Okay so now that we have a Godzilla thread that isnt immediately dying for once, Anyone got scans of the new Godzilla comic?

Attached: file.png (1399x2152, 3.21M)

Do you think you word that so it would be taken as a serious criticism outside of Yea Forums and Yea Forums in general.

I hear the leviathan Titan located In Loch Ness is very similar to this incarnation.

>You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them!
pottery

Yes. I'm not posting them and getting a dmca though

Man I'd love that. KotM was great, and if they throw Jr's show a bone it would only make me happier.

It lacks a fundamental understanding of how the character of Spider-Man functions, why he does what he does, and the personal anchors that make him the character that he is. His supporting cast, which is among the best in comics, was butchered and completely scraped away to be replaced with a knockoff of a Miles Morales character, his core motivation is at best hinted at, instead that focus being shifted onto Iron Man, an irresponsible egocentric futurist alcoholic who got a city blown up and at this point made 7 or 8 supervillains because of his own actions.

Even focusing on trying to be like "Ultimate" is disingenuous, it isnt like Ultimate in the slightest. Ultimate was a retool of the initial concept at the year 2000 to be about a modern teenager dealing with modern problems and a more tightly knit version of the classic mythos, and is full of violence, suffering, death, and turmoil. Spider-Mans core character more or less revolves around two key things:

- Juggling his personal and Superhero life, and the drama that it creates.

- Being independent, to his own detriment.

Spider-Man was among, if not the, very first teenage superheroes. Not a sidekick, his own bonafide man. And his primary motivation is pathological guilt and the sense of responsibility it creates because of his own egocentric actions causing the death of a beloved family member.

MCU Spider-Man has none of the responsibility, none of the tact, lacks the supporting cast and villains of the comic book version. Hell he lacks his own achievements, he constantly needs help and gear from Tony Stark, wanted to be trained by Tony Stark, wanted to be an Avenger. Spider-Man is not that. He's never been that, and all its done in the MCU is undermine his core concepts.

Spider-Man was created to subvert the concept of a teenage sidekick, and now all he is is a teenage sidekick.

Good, good. Now will you actually post this outside of Yea Forums.

How do i find them, friend.

Billy Batson pioneered it before Peter.

Why? You wanted me to justify my point.

You are wasting your time, I've spent a fucking week arguing with idiots that defend MCU Spider-Man and all I've gotten for it is the realization that everyone that defends it has never read a Spider-Man comic or they didn't like the character in the first place.

He wants to show you that most who go to see it won't care about your point. He's right, sadly.

Yeah, the Kotm novel describes at least two other monsters such as a secret Titan named kraken who actually does show up in concept art meaning it's canon and mokele mbembe.

I'm always curious to see if people hold strong convictions are committed to changing something. Calling something 'soulless' is just the lowest effort form, like signing an internet petition.

I don't actually care about the MCU Spiderman, personally.

Sweet. Shame that didn't get a bit in the movie, then.

Just enjoy things, you tard.

Can you faggits keep this shut contained to a single fucking thread? Jesus Christ

I agree let's talk about what said

hide it

I actually liked the Cyborg Zilla, was a nice take on the Mechagozilla concept. Wonder if it was actually an influence on Kiryu, of if they just came to similar ideas on their own.

Probably a coincidence

That one monster that was a projection of the guy's dream. Also the monster with the freeze breath that made thunderstorms when it clashed with Goji's breath.
Monique has one image on Rule34 and it's a bad pencil doodle. There's no justice in this world.

I absolutely adore the art style in the show, just as I adore how it was used in the MIB cartoon. It has this rough, creepy look to all its monsters and aliens.

>Monique has one image on Rule34 and it's a bad pencil doodle. There's no justice in this world.
We should get the drawfags on /aco/ to change that.

Attached: Zilla_OP.jpg (700x525, 310K)

I agree, honestly just want Spider-Man to say fuck you to the avengers every once and awhile. I liked the character because of his lack of living role models.

Kiryu's more of an Evangelion spin on Mechagodzilla then anything else.

why do people keep saying 1998 isn't a godzilla film just because it didn't have a giant monster fight when the first damn godzilla film didn't have a monster fight then couple it with shin godzilla?

shin is more jarring because one of the complaints about 98 is the military taking down godzilla but guess what takes down shin?

Zilla was made a Godzilla monster but not godzilla. She is a different species. And shin Godzilla doesn't get taken down by the military user.

>This entire post

Attached: 1525786972694.jpg (551x807, 83K)

>shin Godzilla doesn't get taken down by the military user.
EXACTLY!
98 gets flak for being taken down by the US military ("weak ass lizard") but Shin taken down by tons of coagulant is OK?

I mean he gets better

Shin is an actually good movie, arguably the best Godzilla movie period.

Godzilla has to be taken down through special means, like the first ever Godzilla being killed by a made up sci-fi weapon or like what ou just said with Shin. Zilla was killed by normal ass missiles, something a real Godzilla would just brush off.

>arguably the best Godzilla movie period.
Don't be stupid. It's mostly great, but the Japanese message of them projecting all of their faults onto Americans being "nuke-happy" is ignorant shit. Those pricks would've been quicker to bomb us if they had the technology and they still expect us to apologize for utilizing it first.

I know you think what you pointed out is a writing flaw, but it's not.

Attached: a3dbd6fcf08c5e5a2274b7a90b175f3e.jpg (2880x1820, 606K)

>Almost the entire commentary made by the movie was anti-Japanese goverment
>Get asshurt that they dear even slightly maybe mention they have an issue with America
You're pathetic, I hope you're not American cause you'd be a god damn embarrassment.

>Got much much worse with Star wars, if you did not like it then obviously it's because you hate seeing strong women on screen because clearly the movie was perfection in every other respect
When your movie is so awful that even the absolute cocksuckers that have eaten everything SW for decades and keep eternal vigilance of wookiepedia hate it, you know you fucked big time.

This. It's so much so that they have an official crossover of the idea. One that even appeared in a Super Robot Wars title though sadly just a mobile game.

Attached: Kiryu-Eva.jpg (950x469, 317K)

maybe japan needs better missiles then?

EXCUSE ME WHAT
WHAT IN THE FUCK

Go back to tumblr.

The same applies for every "hurr radiocative bad" film. Go be xenophobic nationalists in 2ch.

I ain't joking user.
It's real. Shinji got in the Godzilla.

Attached: ShinjiKiryu.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Seethe harder, leftie.

Attached: d5b34c44eb42c8bea5052cec0c8e9a4b.jpg (600x720, 69K)

why was the sequel so different from the original? people complain about uprising being different than pacific rim but tokyo SOS takes as much liberties as well but people seem OK with it.

go back to gaia

what in the ACTUAL fuck

eva craps out more merch than star wars. why is this so shocking to you?

Attached: 1000015766_1.jpg (560x560, 21K)

Anno should just make 4.0 a Shin Godzilla crossover.

Needs more shin Godzilla

Attached: dbmt0ul-a5d3fa48-a15b-4a79-a79d-8af77ae9dc6e.png (750x1280, 833K)

Easy, the MCU had ten years of build up and an obnoxiously loud fanbase of "normie" fucks. Zilla had hollywood.

It's already happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=hvukgxvj5t4

I'm curious what about Tokyo SOS you found so different from Against Mechagodzilla.

This movie had a pinball machine made. It's pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=11UqGjtCaZ4
pinballmap.com

Attached: godzilla pinball flyer back.jpg (609x792, 68K)

It's about public consciousness. People want a Godzilla movie to be about a fuckin cool dinosaur dragon the wrecks shit because that's the image people have of him in their heads. They didn't get that in 98.

The problem with Spider-Man is that the public has an image of him that basically never existed in the original comics. Marvel's pushed a narrative that the reason Spidey got popular and that people relate to him is because he was the first teen superhero. Nevermind that he was in senior year in Amazing Fantasy #15 and he's been a grown ass adult in 99.9% of comics. So as long as he's a modern teenager in adaptions the general public will think it's a good Spider-Man adaption.

I just hope as Miles gets pushed more this version of Peter can die.

It started when Disney fucked up Star Wars and said old fans were toxic. Twittertards with low IQ (which is all of them) want to be virtuous, so they white knight the billion dollar mega corporations.

The reasons are two-fold. It's because shilling and guerrilla marketing has become much easier due to the rise of social media and the internet in general, as well as the fact that the MCU is so incredibly popular.

Massive multimedia corporation with understanding of social media influence
>OBJECTIVELY bad movie
Fuck off, brainlet

>old fans were toxic
But they are.

most of the old cast is gone (same complaint people had with uprising) and even though they established a shared universe, the fairies (and mothra) took their sweet time to complain about the whole "don't disturb the dead or else". i wouldn't mind if they just crammed the two films together (mothra awakens after kiryu rampages).

I was not crazy about how his villains are really Iron Man villains that he is pestering instead, and the suit AI thing bugs me.

It does seem to be a Disney direction, the last two Spider-Man tv series from then had Peter in highschool the whole time too.

So fuck disney.