Why is All Might better than Superman?

Why is All Might better than Superman?

Attached: 59C0615D-F90C-4C4C-A532-BDED68F6D393.jpg (602x602, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-oqo-dkGOVI
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=108392528
previewsworld.com/Article/228893-Exclusive-Marchs-Top-100-Best-Selling-Graphic-Novels
viz.com/print-publishing-sales
thedailybeast.com/japans-shinzo-abe-could-be-brought-down-by-kindergarten-corruption
youtube.com/watch?v=HKgk6G0lekQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GiHftejWSvU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why can't you go back to Yea Forums

He has the benefit of only ever being written by one guy as well as being somewhat tragic in that he wants to save everyone's but can't. It's like a child's pure fantasy of being a superhero, something everyone can relate to, trying to survive in the real world with a hole in its stomach.

He's certainly the better written character.

All Might has, quite literally, zero good stories.

All Might is actually a skinny and frail dude who's terrible hurt and ill, and every time he uses his powers he's risking his health as well depleting the last of his powers.

Superman is a perfect alien, from a perfect planet, that fell to the perfect part of Earth, was raised by perfect parents, and became a perfect person. This without even addressing the fact that he has awesome powers.

Attached: IMG_0758.jpg (450x352, 20K)

>liking "My Hero Academia"
>in 2019

Meh, he’s okay, I wouldn’t really compare the two

He was vulnerabilities and fears. He is pretty much All Star Superman without the plot armor.

He struggles.

Go back to Yea Forums so they can lock you in the basement, even they are embarrased by BnHA shills. All Might is trapped in a shitty manga with a hack writer so his potential caps there in terms of good story. Only tumblr retards think BnHA is zenith of fiction and good literature.

"Struggles". Not a high point, everyone struggles in some form you nitwits. And every MC has plot armor, All Might is not the MC so he isnt as revelant so of course hes gonna go down sooner or later you brainlet. He has some plot armor too, surviving long as he did vs All For One.

More than any kind of Weeaboos, My Hero Academia fans have a big need of shitting on Marvel/DC to prop up their manga.

More or less two years ago, MHAfags were making variations of "My Hero Academia is better than X-Men" and "All Might is better than Superman" threads pretty much every day.

I don't know what is it that they found so well written in the most by-the-books shonen ever written.

Kek All Star Superman is good writing and Supes in that is a way better character. Comparing the two is like comparing gold to big fat shit.

>Superman
>Symbol of peace

>implyung that weebs have read All Star Superman
They just googled "famous superman story" to argue that My Hero Academia is better.

nice fad anime OP.

He's not.
Horikoshi ruined All Might beyond repair since the Yakuza arc.

>Palls around with a guy who abused his wife for years
>Thinks Grenade-Death-Fist-Fucker is worthy of praise

Hmmm

>I wouldn’t really compare the two
All Might is pretty unsubtly inspired by Superman.

N-no.

You see, All Might struggles!! He, like, sacrificed a part of his powers to defeat an enemy in the past. That is certainly far more than Superman has ever done, and, thus, makes All Might a far better written character!

My Hero Academia is All Star Superman done right!! Hori is a better version of Morrison!!

Yeah, I did wonder about that. I’ve never really kept up with MHA but I did hear the burn scar kid’s dad was super famous and abusive, did All Might know?

>Palls around with a guy who abused his wife for years
What? Who?

Superman was aware that the JL was mind-raping villains and even not-so-bad villains and did nothing.

The second best hero in the My Hero Academiaverse abused his wife so badly that she got insane. The biggest hero, All Might, never saw anything wrong with that.

>mha fag escapes containment again

You know it’s one thing to do that to a supervillain, it’s another, to abuse your wife and kid. You getting that, buddy? Should I dumb it down?

They did it to Batman too, and Superman was aware of it. He never said a word to Batman either.

Been reading since 2015 and I can assure you All Might had no idea.

>Implying that erasing part of the memory of villains is in any way as bad as abusing an innocent woman into insanity.
And Superman didn't know anyway. Also, din't SHIELD does that with villains all that time in the Marvel Universe?

That only happened twice iirc.
Dr. Light raped Sue Dibny and The Top desecrated Iris Allen’s grave and was harassing Barry Allen and tried to kill his father. They weren’t “not so bad”

You think that because you don't read Superman, and I say that as someone who likes All Might

Are you trying to say wiping somebody’s memory is worse than abusing your kid?

They also rewrote the personality of many villains.

Both are seemingly unbeatable heroes struggling with a terminal illness and what could that mean to the world they left behind.

The difference is that All Star is a story where Supes is the main character and the narrative makes him look good, While All Might is the mentor of the protagonist, so his views get to be challenged and in the end while he defeated his foe, he ran out of power and now is up to a new generation to protect the world.

Oh, right, Endeavor. I forgot he existed.

The JL did it to several villains. Like Catwoman, where Zatanna rewrote her to be less selfish and amoral.

>"Geez, poor Endeavor! His wife got insane, his son got his face burnt, and his whole family hates him for whatever reason. Oh well, surely this has nothing to do with him being a violent fuck. TEXAS SMASH!"
Why weebs consider this good writing?

Watch Frank Miller take Hori to school

Really? That’s fucked. Guess I was wrong. But I don’t think Superman knew about it.

Endeavor marries some woman for pure eugenics purposes.
That woman snaps under all his bullshit and maims one of her own kids.
Ten years later, she makes peace with the child she hurt, but she'd still rather live in a psychiatric ward than go home.

He knew that the JL was doing this behind closed doors, and definitely knew what went down with Dr. Light and Batman, but he kept his mouth shut.

Not only All Star Superman is much better than My Hero Academia by a fairly large margin, but even the supposedly strong point of MHA ("in the end while he defeated his foe, he ran out of power and now is up to a new generation to protect the world") is exactly how All Star ended, 10 years before MHA was published.

Public figure and all that, it was apparently not even public knowledge at all.

Not nearly as invulnerable, and he had to work for his power. Everything that we see Deku go through it's clear that All Might also had to do this too.

Was it ever written? Do you have scans?

>Americans today see All Might as a bigger pop culture icon and a bigger symbol of the perfect hero than Superman.
The absolute state of the americucks

Attached: oogaboogaaa.jpg (800x450, 41K)

>is exactly how All Star ended, 10 years before MHA was published.
ASS ended with Superman alive, fixing the sun, because in the end he didn't die, only transformed into an even more powerful form.

Well the good news is that isnt the end of MHA so that's not what this is about it all.

Excellent writing

Yeah, no, sweetie unless it happens on panel Superman didn't know about it. You're wrong and have no proof for your claims

And this is considered the second best hero in all the My Heroverse, huh? Someone who abuses his wife so badly that she gets insane.

Attached: Adventures of Superman 636 (Team-DCP).cbr-Adventures of Superman 636 (Team-DCP)-Image19.jpg (1024x1585, 375K)

Attached: Adventures of Superman 636 (Team-DCP).cbr-Adventures of Superman 636 (Team-DCP)-Image20.jpg (1024x1598, 372K)

You know the crazy thing about Endeavor is? He's slowly becoming one of the most interesting characters in the manga. He's a piece of shit that was obsessed about usurping All Might's legacy, so much so his entire family was a tool to meet that dream, and now he's slowly realizing just how much he fucked up. The reader and his family don't necessarily forgive him of this misdeeds, but he's trying to make a real family for once.

Attached: Endeavor flames.jpg (800x1080, 582K)

Okay.

Why does he look like a gorilla?

Batman's supposed to be the second best hero in the DC Universe, and one of Superman's best friends. So...

>Everything that we see Deku go through it's clear that All Might also had to do this too.
Do weebs know how to read?

That fucking midget grandpa says that All Might never had to go through any training to control his powers, and weebs somehow understand that this means that "All Might had to train for his powers"?

It's no wonder people like this end ep so fascinated by the manga writing.

All-might doesn't have the long term narrative rot that superman has.

No, he says that control came naturally to him. Control has nothing to do with physical strain, he still had to work for it.

Name the number of innocent women that Batman has abused so badly that they got insane.

I will wait.

It's called muscle mass, ya twink

O MY 7 SEVEN QUIRKS

Never happened worlds been retconned, blame Barry

Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Arkham Knight...

If anything, characters like All Might and Saitama make me appreciate Superman more. Sure he's super powered and can seemingly take out any foe but he still has a street level focus because they're not in it to only fight horrible monsters, they want to help people. They inspire those around them to help others as well. They are stronger than their might, they are hope.

I find it funny that Alan Moore wrote one of the best Superman titles when he took over Supreme (aka Rob Liefeld's OC Donut Steel Supes) yet he also wrote one of the worst Superman stories in Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? It's not a bad read but its "what if the grim dark 80's happened to silver age Superman?" premise is too thick to be satire. It's killing for the sake of killing that thinks of a situation that would be so horrible that Superman would retire and ultimately, I don't think Superman would ever retire. There's too much to do and he still has a hand to lend.

He was trying to make a point but he couldn’t so he just left it at “So...”

Attached: 9FD68ACD-EEC1-4B26-8112-5E3EB4F0A395.jpg (303x350, 34K)

The fire looks like fur

Then Superman helped his wife betray all his friends and superhero colleges for clickbait by letting her release confidential and personal information about themselves to the public. Information that could embarrass them and damage their reputation.

>not abused by Batman
>not abused by Batman
>not abused by Batman
The STATE of My Hero Academiafags.

>Batman being at fault for any of them.

Attached: EB619146-57A4-4CC4-8658-AA149E098B62.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Spoiler was emotionally abused by batman then she read left to die with black mask

They're mentally ill people that need compassion, understanding, help, and treatment. Batman continued abuse only make them worse.

She was not emotionally abused you dumb shit.

I actually want to read an All Might/Superman crossover. Perhaps even thrown in The Tick and Captain America

Attached: All Might.png (702x1138, 346K)

I’m not saying they don’t need help, but Batman does not make them any worse.

>Damn, remember when All Might was looking the other way while his fella was abusing his own wife into insanity?
>W-WELL SUPERMAN'S WIFE WROTE AN ARTICLE ABOUT SUPER-HEROES BEING DEPRESSED, THAT MAKES SUPERMAN JUST AS BAD!!!!

>Kansas
>Being perfect.
Please.

No, theyre sick fucks who kill people and who wont ever change even if you got Superman to help.

Yes, he does. They're criminals manly because of him.

Harley Quinn changed. Try again.

Well, in that case, Endeavor's wife is insane because of All Might.

Such a """"hero"""" you got there.

>Hey guys I've been abusing you and treating you like shit for years, but I want to have a family now, we good?
>What? Admit my crimes and go to jail, hahahahahah!

Superman enable Batman. So Superman is also responsible.

Everyone interacting with batman is abused by having to talk with a broken man-baby

Harley tried to kill Booster in HiC. She’ll never be a true hero, she’s still a monster.

This is a hero whom everyone praises

Attached: tumblr_inline_os4w0y9YXt1ujjuud_400.png (358x453, 91K)

No one forgives Endeavor for what he's done, they're just trying to function at this point and move on. His wife still loves him, the daughter is trying to make things work, and even Shoto showed concern when his dad almost died fighting the High End Nomu.

Take it from someone who comes from a shit family, it happens

You are shitposting in a comics board due to your love for an unimaginative shonen battle manga. You sure you want to throw "man-baby" around?

If you're talking about Bakugo, they constantly shit on him and make fun of his autism. They praise his power/skill, not who he is.

HOLY SHIT

Attached: 179D969C-5A49-4C04-991C-AC7AAD5B67B2.png (247x387, 162K)

His family forgiving him is one thing.
If he was genuinely sorry, he'd actually try and make amends, admit what he did wrong, and turn himself in to the police.
He's not, therefore he's not truly sorry - he just wants to feed his own ego by pretending to care.

Reminder that the concept of Bakugo's character as a sociopathic asshole who's only planning on being a hero for self-absorbed reasons is good in and of itself but the execution is so fucking autistic it completely ruins him

Attached: 1457402793352.png (436x490, 256K)

Jesus BhNA shills go back to Yea Forums i know they kicked you out but this is not the board to discuss your shitty manga

>Shitty east vs west bait thread
>Not even an original thread
>Yea Forums swarms like a pack of braindead piranhas
>Will very likely make it to 500
On Yea Forums this thread wouldn't have made it past the front gates.

Attached: D973w1oW4AAyOaV.jpg (1031x766, 83K)

>If you're talking about Bakugo, they constantly shit on him and make fun of his autism
Post one page of All Might "shiting" on Bakugo instead of going on and on and on about how amazing and awesome he is.

It’s not a high bar.

Yea Forums is just as bad. Their BnHA threads spam the front page and last longer than a week somehow. Probably due to unstable shippers from tumblr spamming

And get arrested for what? His wife won't file charges, and she herself is fucking nuts enough to poor boiling water on her own son. I get she was put in a shit situation but she herself isn't exactly a saint. In fact, I think she can even leave the hospital on her own free will now after therapy.

Apparently, IcyHot's dad made a mini eugenics program and would partially disown his children that weren't the correct ratio of Fire and Ice and go on fuckin his mom again right after childbirth. IcyHot is the ultimate lifeform but then a few chapters later his dad is suddenly a-ok in his book

Yeah BnHA is really low. Superman is vastly above that. Deviantart fanfiction is above that. Try again you faggot shill

Even though Bakugo has the personality of a heel from professional wrestling, there are plenty of people who don't notice what a jackass he is. Fortunately, everyone who matters like All Might and Best Jeanist and All For One pick up on his shittiness.

The point is that BHA heroes are not much more than glorified polices.

Endeavor is a fucking good cop. But he's still a piece of shit of a person that is lately realizing everyone that actually knows him personally hates his guts.

the fact that the "hero" profession is a relentless popularity contest and a lot of theme aren't genuine heroes is pointed out in the very first episode and later in Stain's arc

Better question is why is Ochako so goddamn underutilized

Attached: ochako serious.png (629x371, 191K)

Yea Forumsmblr has always been werdly subservient to other boards, to/a/ more than most.

Remember, literally every manga is considered "honorary Yea Forums" for some reason.

Wow, what a speedreader you are

Attached: Bakugofags.jpg (300x168, 12K)

Oh I’m not saying BNHA is good by any means. I’m saying Superman just isn’t that great, he’s no Hal Jordan

She's pretty OP thanks to CQC and held her own during the Class A vs B exercise

>The point is that BHA heroes are not much more than glorified polices.
Then why are MHAfags so obsessed with telling every within reach that "this glorified cop of my mango is a better Superman than Superman"? Don't they know any better?

BNHA heroes are the same as the heroes we see in the Venture Bros. They get paid to save people, which when taken to an extreme, results in shit like this

youtube.com/watch?v=-oqo-dkGOVI

>CQC
Funny how few people learn basic martial arts in this series when it time and time again proves to be the deciding factor for whatever reason

Attached: Iris Ash.jpg (252x200, 12K)

People are more emotionally invested in AM because he's in a manga which (tends to) not be reboot as often as comics are.

When Superman died tons of folks were invested in him, back in the 90s. AM is always on the verge of dying, so you get the same sort of attention.

Where is All Might "shitting" on Bakugou? I'm not seeing it.

His wife doesn't have to file charges if he turns himself in.
But he won't

GOT 'EM

Attached: 1504126933583.gif (595x842, 210K)

Oh all might? Sure. He knows Bakugo is a hot tempered rookie constantly feeling inadequate against Deku

Attached: Bakugo.png (500x234, 111K)

So are you a child with zero idea how the law works
>"I'd like to report that I hit my wife"
>"Is she filing charges?"
>"No"
>"Are you still doing it?"
>"Not anymore"
>"Have a good day, sir"

Go to bed, Lois.

>All Might basically says "Bakugo, my boy, you are in level 30, your rival is in level 1"
>S-SEE? ALL MIGHT TOTALLY SHITS ON BAKUGO, LIKE, TOTALLY!
Am I dealing with children here?

For the same reason batfags brag about why batman is the greatest hero ever created for the rest of times: Autism.

I like All might and i think is a great analogue for Superman in his ideals.

However a quick look can tell you how different they are

What's a matter, OP? Thread didn't go the way you wanted?

>Sir, I abused my wife until she got fucking insade.
>Is your insane wife filling charges.
>No. I don't think insane people even answer for themselves in such cases.
>Oh well, then there's nothing the law can do for her. Have a good day, greatest hero.

Not him but you literally just cant read. Fuck off.

His wife isn't legally insane.

>Hello there, I tortured my wife and several of my children into insanity
>not to worry, you're a hero and everyone loves you

Oh, Japan...

Why are you crying about Batman out of nowhere, dude?

She was literally taken into MHA Arkham after burning the face of her own child.

Being emotionally distant from your children isn't torture. The only case you have is against Shoto, who Endeavor pushed too hard while training. I'm not calling Endeavor a good parent, just learn context

Attached: 45131513.jpg (1280x776, 133K)

Based and Halpilled

Attached: 8C14A50B-772C-4442-A340-38F1A88D09AF.jpg (488x408, 41K)

Its funny just lurking here and seeing you people use a more violent word every time you post until we're into all-out torture.

Endeavor never beat his wife or kid, he was emotionally neglectful. His wife hated him because she felt like a means to an end, and she's the one who abused icyhot, not Endeavor. She checked herself into the asylum to get away from Endeavor, not because shes fucking psycho. It was a cover up for scarring her kid in the public eye.

If Superman looks silly is because he is in a world with the same problems as the real world but with supervilains My hero academia is a world with little geopolitical and economical problems and All Might is not silly in that world

She had a psychotic break induced from stress. She's of sound mind and knows right and wrong. The only reason she's still at the hospital is to deal with her issues and because she's ashamed of what she did to her own son. Legally she's not classified as insane or unfit to make decisions, and can leave when she chooses.

Tons of characters to juggle (Theentire class A, All Might, Villain Alliance, other factions like the yakuza and the recently introduce Liberation guys).

I wish she got more screentime too, but in terms of shonen comics she's doing pretty gud.

Apples and oranges, Hori's not nearly as edgy as Miller.

>defending "heroes" abusing innocent people into insanity in order to shit on Superman
Who hurt you and why you weeaboos are always aiming at Superman for your shit fantasies? It's "Goku is stronger than Superman", or "Saitama is better written than Superman", or "All Might is a better hero than Superman", etc.

Actually as someone trying to give Endeavor some slack, you're only half right. What happened is that Endeavor got full custody after the incident, and she was admitted into the hospital on his request. She's a lot better now, and can leave, but she's still afraid to do so. And yeah he did hit her at least once. Endeavor is a bastard, but he's admittedly trying to fix who he is and his family now

I love Superman, and I never said Endeavor was a good person. He's a piece of shit. Being emotionally distant isn't torture though

Read my post again. I was using Batfags as an exaple of a fandom just being a bunch of retards with "My dad can beat your dad" line of thinking

Both are writers, how is this "apples and oranges"?

Horikoshi is a writer that otakus believe to be one of the best alive. Why can't we compare his body of work to Miller's.works?

I'd read that shit in a heartbeat. All Might bantering with The Tick, hero-worshipping Captain America, and trying to win Superman's approval as a true hero of humanity? Sign me up.

To me you just sound an insecure Superman fanboy forever butthurt about Batman being more popular and profitable.

Because that's not All Might's style. He's not going to tell the kid to go fuck himself, Bakugou will just rage back at him.
All Might is trying to show the kid some empathy, even though both of them know he doesn't deserve it.

So why isnt Endeavors wife a hero if her quirk is so damn powerful that he eugenics'd with her. Why does she let herself get pushed around if she's fucking omega level.

Sometimes. Sometimes not. That's the problem with multiple writers.

Bakugo IS amazing, and awesome, but he's not (yet) a decent person. Everyone acknowledges this, and he's slowly getting better as a person because his hero and his rival have both made him aware of his indecency as a failing and a weakness he can't tolerate within himself.

The guy thinks hes above everyone else and acts our violently and abusively to those around him, and All Might strokes his ego making it worse constantly.

>It's a multiverse shenanigans crossover issue
>Chairface Chippendale, The Red Skull, All For One, and Lex Luthor have banded together
>A Doomsday/Nomu hybrid is beating the shit out of Superman
>A distant "SPOOOOOOOON!" is heard, as The Tick leaps in to aid The Man of Steel
>The Tick gets pummeled, but can endure the abuse while Superman recovers
>All Might and Cap join the fray

Attached: JUSTICE.jpg (1909x2446, 534K)

Not really a weeabo but Superman is boring. His fanboys make him so perfect that nobody cares about him anymore, add the constant retconing shit and is a easy target for anybody that want to shit in capes

Because A: not everyone wants to go into the hero career even if you have a badass quirk, and B: its illegal to use your quirk for assault like that. Personally I'm just waiting for Shoto's mom to enter a fight, perhaps against Dabi who is clearly the black sheep of the Todoroki family

Hey! Superman got some flaws too! Like... he cares too much and is too trusting! He's too nice! Yeah, that's it! Take that!

That's how shonen writing works.

How is it a failing or a weakness? It has never hindered him in any way. He's an evil little cunt and everyone worships him for it, including his hero and his rival.

>A one off joke where based Froppy and Kaminari say Bakugo has bad temper
WOW, that's exactly the proportional reaction to Bakugo being a cruel, violent, uncooperative sociopath who has tried to maim his classmate several times.
Go back to your board Yea Forums tourist.

If he is so boring, why can't you weeaboos forget about him? Why are you obsessed with one-upping a "boring" character? Why don't you target some amazing character instead?

Plus you know, it’s her word against a famous hero.

>>CQC
>Funny how few people learn basic martial arts in this series when it time and time again proves to be the deciding factor for whatever reason
Semi-related: there's a not-so-great anime called Akashic Record of Bastard Magical Instructor where the MC's entire schtick is using abjuration magic to turn off his enemy's magic, then beats their ass with kung-fu. That stuff shows up everywhere but where you think it would be, like BnHA.

Nice strawman. Superman isn't perfect, and casual faggots like yourself keep harping about his powers and nothing else

Or maybe you are a batman fanboy lacking the basic human skill of reading comprehension.

Would you have understand it better if i used "Dr.Doom Dick Riders" instead of "Batfags"?

Not going to waste more time with this

Because Japan.

>No niggers
>Good Christian values
>Lots of space
Yes

Kind of sad MHA was so shit. I like how some of the power are on the more unorthodox side, which is something I always like seeing. Also the all the girls are hot.

>Struggles
>When he first got OfA he could use 100% of it with no troubles unlike Deku who struggled to use 5%
No. All Might is an even bigger Mary Sue than Clark.

>One off joke
They constantly poke fun at him. About the only one who keeps sucking his dick outside of his skills is fucking Kirishima

Because the only measure of art's quality is how interesting ut is and the emotions it evokes. Superman as he is commonly written evokes absolutely zero emotion from readers. Even if you hate Endeavor, he still makes you feel something despite being an entirely fabricated person.

Do you just "not get" why people go to horror movies or comedies?

Yes, that's a very heroic way to deal with violent criminals. Suck their dicks. Makes sense.

I honestly think the dude who writes MHA is an actual psychopath in real life, based on how he has his "heroic" characters treat Endeavor and Bakugo, who are both criminally insane and evil.

I'm not the one that mentioned Batman out of the blue.

>/pol/ wojak poster
>is an idiot
Checks out.

>Superman isn't perfect
Preach it on, brother. See

Completely untrue. He didn't go 100% right away, he was just always able to reign it in and not hurt himself using it because he naturally had better control. He still had to earn the 100% and the plus ultra output.

Would you compare Dr. Seuss to Stephen King? Both are writers by your logic, by all means go ahead and compare them and come up with something as a measure of standard.

You are the ones that made him boring with the dumb "who would win" shit. Outside of the comics fandom he is perceived as I said.

He literally says to Deku he had no trouble using 100% from the beginning, and didn’t understand why Deku couldn’t.
Read the manga.

Yeah, yeah, it is really a shame that no writer that has ever written Superman coukd be half as talented as Horikoshi.

In fact, you should go back to Yea Forums to enjoy your deep and well-written mangas with your kind, instead of coming here. Doesn't that sound nice?

>turn himself into the police
Lmao faggot go gatekeep somewhere else

Post it or stop lying.

Read a comic, faggot
I don't give a shit about power level autism, or casuals like yourself

What are some of Superman's flaws?

It hinders him now, because it matters now. He botched his permit exam because of it, because for the first time it has an effect on his life and livelihood and now he has to come to terms with that. It never mattered if he was a shitbag before, but it certainly matters now and now he knows it.

That's not fair to Endeavor, Bakugo is much worse and way more insane than he is.

Then just see how his comics don't sell outside of his autist circle of fanboys

>Superman as he is commonly written evokes absolutely zero emotion from readers
If that is true, why are you weeaboos obsessed with Superman?

This is so fucking bizarre. "I totally do not care about this character that I am obsessed with". Every single day weeaboos come here to open threads about some random anime character and how he compares to Superman. And you do that because you "don't care"?

Do you mean physically or by character? Clark can't be everywhere at once, but constantly feels like he's responsible if just one person dies on Earth from him not being there. He constantly puts pressure on himself, and perhaps gives people too much slack for their shitty actions.

Because is easy. Why do you think they don't dare to touch Batman or Ironman

You're like halfway to figuring out what it means to be baited but you cant put the pieces together, its funny.
They don't care, but you care and you reply so they keep coming back to you. It shouldn't be that hard to notice, dumbass.

You know Deku doesn't have 7, right?

It's like how Bakugo "doesn't care" about Deku ironically

user you realize they're goona go, "Hurr hurr he cares too much."

Non of that is a character flaw, not to mention that is generic as fuck. You could be describing Spider-Man, for all i know. Hell, that's Batman right there.

Nah.

If the hero doesn't aprove the heavy abuse of women until they get insane, than he is a little "too perfect" for my taste.

>Do you mean physically or by character? Bruce can't be everywhere at once, but constantly feels like he's responsible if just one person dies on Gotham from him not being there. He constantly puts pressure on himself, and perhaps gives people too much slack for their shitty actions.

Most Americans have no idea All Might exists

>I'm just baiting, lol. I totally do not care, but I am obsessed with doing it every day because I'm a baiter
Is this how you justify that?

They'd be right, too. That isn't a flaw.

You stupid bitch if I was the one baiting you why would I be trying to tell you you're being baited? Theres more than two people ITT retard, and for that matter theres more than one baiting crossposter, it's not one guy spamming threads. Fucks sake you are stupid.

Is this an Yea Forumsco/ thread?!

Attached: I+like+steins+gate+okabe+is+my+favorite+character+_79b81b66766c9e79cf80bb3898f2ea15.jpg (487x287, 12K)

Yes

See, i told you.

Alright this is the third time you've done this link to your own post thing and it was cringe the first time, it's time to stop. If nobody replies it means nobody cares, it doesnt mean to bump your own post like a desperate child.

Dude, you can't justify that with "baiting".

Weeaboos don't tell their mothers how much they love them every day. Weeaboos don't brush their teeth every day. Weeaboos don't bath every day. They don't even watch anime every day. But every day, they feel the need to tell people that "this random anime character from this random anime is better than Superman".

They are either retarded, or pretending to be retarded, which is just as bad. You can't justify this odd behavior with "le baiting".

Caring too much and being hard on yourself isn't a character flaw, not when the character is a hero in an action story. If anything, it is an endearing trait.
That's the problem with Superman, most of the times. The writers bend themselves backwards to make him endearing and inspirational to the point where he can only be those two things.

Want a flawed Superman? The one from the DCAU. He was a hothead that could easily get angry and be led by his anger. That was a trait that would constantly hinder him and exacerbate problems. Thus a flaw.

I just got here what the hell are talking about?

Becauae you are underage faggot who hasn't explored Supes beyond normie shlock which usually glances over his character in favor of big punchies.

Low test bait. Try harder next time you want (You)s

Whatever, keep replying and keep getting mad about it. Blame it all on someone else and then keep at it. You're legitimately hopeless.

>not to mention that is generic as fuck
It is not generic you dimwit, it's literally the base on wich superheroes where built. Superman is a 80 years old character, with his classical portray of a hero, with his classic superpowers and his silly yet established weaknesses. This is not generic, it's the original, the forefather of cape media, and it doesn't need postmodernism, deconstrucion or subversion to be a great character.

>Guaranteed Replies: The Thread

Attached: L9MlEPw.jpg (807x659, 37K)

Thats the part I least liked about 2000’s pre Flashpoint Clark. Getting written like he couldn’t take care of business like he sometimes had to.

Left and right in the Golden Age, hurling a bastard like a javelin until his parabolic scream ended in a whimpering thud in the distance.

Killing Alternate Earth Zod, Jaxur, and Ursa with Kryptonite for killing the population of their earth.

Ending Doomsday.

No, after his resurrection they write full Boyscout. Identity Crisis was part of the worst of it. He grew up on a farm, he should have a willingness, even if solemn, to put a rabid animal down. He may not have Diana’s fierce and gleeful love of snapping next; but killing Zod shouldn’t cause him to cry out in anguish like in the Snyder flick.

There’s a right way to write Superman, and I think Superdad is coming close there. He was almost back to an excellent form when 50+ of him from across the local multiverse poured on the Sunshine Heat Vision against a Monitor Vampire in Final Crisis...

The only good thing about this scene is that Diana got to feel bad later learning that Batman only didn’t know because they mind wiped him too when he went apeshit at them for trying to rewrite Light’s brain...

And that this scene is probably part of the reason, character development, that had Bruce shoot a God Killing bullet into Darkseid’s Dan Turpin’s husk’s head in Final Crisis as well. With a gun.

>Dude it's just le baiting. Every day, without fail, on the dot. Le Baiting.

Then sell him to us. Why he is so great for you?

I thought the point of superman is that he is a good person that tries to be a good person all the time.

People for some reason can't accept that Clark is just that simple.

Doesn't help that so many people has written superman stories in which he is some sort of messiah/god/personified ideal, instead of just writing about a man that tries to make the world around it a better place the best way he knows.

I’m not going the read the manga for you, nigger.

Literslly yes, the fuck is so hard to understand about that. They baited and it worked so they did it again, wow what a fucking shocker. Is it seriously too foreign for you to understand that replying to bait garuntees it's going to be reused?
This guy gets it, why can't you?

No one needs to sell anything to you, user. If you believe that Superman can't possibly be as well written as anime characters, so be it. No one asks you to justify youŕ love for battle shonen.

based

Attached: My Nigger.jpg (1033x679, 168K)

Posting this all this time later just says to me you looked for it but couldnt find it, because I'm right.

That's the problem. Nobody can be good all the time, and he has invulnerability too, that's boring.

I don't like shonen and I'm genuinely curious about what is so great about him.

>Is it seriously too foreign for you to understand that replying to bait garuntees it's going to be reused?
Yes. It is too foreign to me. I cannot understand why weeaboos behave this way. It's 100% beyond me.

I'm not being sarcastic. To dedicate a time of your day, every single day, to discuss about a character you insist you don't care about is not something I can wrap my head around.

You say that but you're literally here doing that. Fuck you really are hopeless, "I don't bait so I HAVE TO reply to bait, because I don't understand what a troll is" fucking retard. Go outside.

Well he is an expert on the subject of man-babies

That's the problem people like you think the only kind of character flaws are negative ones or something that has to be overcome. The reason so many people have begun parroting, "Being too nice not a flaw." Is because so many beginner and poor writers have misused it to hell and back. Yes, your characters can care TOO much or be compassionate to the point where they put the overall happiness of others and their friends over thier own.

Attached: american vs superior japanese visual art.png (3079x994, 3.63M)

It's only a flaw when the character suffers for it in someone, like if neglecting themself lead to poor personal mental or physical health. Supes doesnt get that, he's just perfect all the time no matter what. That's why it's not a flaw. Being too caring is only when you care so much it has consequences, and there are none.

Something I find funny is that the All Might that the people of the MHA world love is exactly what fags like OP hate Superman for being, the perfect hero who never let anybody down. You just have the benefit of seeing All Might at the end of his career not when he was at his peak mowing down villians with ease

Than you go and fucking read his stories, instead of asking for reader's digest versions. I have never read Lovecraft. You see me arguing that Lovecraft is boring, despite I knowing shit about it? You see me opening threads every day to argue that anime is better than Lovecraft at Yea Forums? You see me asking for people to convince me that Lovecraft isn't boring?

Why don't you follow my example? The day I want to talk about Lovecraft, you bet your ass that I will have read it before giving my hot takes.

>inaudated

>I thought the point of superman is that he is a good person that tries to be a good person all the time.
The problem with Superman is that he's good all the time. There's no trying. You don't see Superman fight his baser nature because there's nothing base in him.

>autistic speel about the lack of words on a page because amerifat cant read
>jap pages shown are also wordless, no comment
Lmao

>It's only a flaw when the character suffers for it in someone, like if neglecting themself lead to poor personal mental or physical health
It has caused Superman to die, to lose his powers, to lose his father, to ostracize his friends, to crisis at his marriage and at his job.

It is still not enough? What stories have you read that have painted Superman like that?

None of these things have happened. Not one of them. I know you're going to be artistically smug and imply I just didn't read them but I know exactly which things you're trying to claim and none of them happened that way.

>turn himself in to the police

This is a shit idea, lady. Endeavor redeeming himself by living up to the role of Number One Hero, and everything it encompasses, is infinitely more interesting than going to prison. It's a way for him to make amends to his family through the themes of the series, i.e. what makes a good hero. He's not getting off easy either, Todoroki still loathes him, his other son absolutely hates his guts, and his daughter is hopeful but still uneasy around him. His wife is also never going to take him back, attempting to make amends with her will instead allow her to heal and move on. I honestly don't know if you're retarded, or retarded AND a speed reader.

Attached: 12.png (902x1300, 260K)

Dude, you have never read a single Superman story. How would you know that Superman doesn't try?

>It has caused Superman to die, to lose his powers, to lose his father, to ostracize his friends, to crisis at his marriage and at his job.
Superman dying has been caused by his powers going haywire (out of his control) or because he heroically sacrificed himself to save others (something any hero would do).
Superman losing his powers has been caused by his powers going haywire (out of his control).
Superman losing his dad has been caused by his father dying of a illness (out of his control).
Superman ostracizing his friends has been caused by him trying to live a double life (less to do about him caring for others, and more him wanting to have his cake and eating too).
Superman having a crisis in his married life has been caused by Lois feeling insecure by his relationship with some superpowered ladies (out of his control).

Shitting on Superman is easy, shitting in Lovecraft is not, Superman is the face of western superheros, Lovecraft is the face of Cosmic horror; cosmic horror has no real competition, superhero comics do. I ask because no one of the comic covers were interesting to me and I don't know what I need to choose to see the real Superman outside of crossovers.

>None of these things have happened. Not one of them.
Now this is an interesting excuse. Literally just denying that some stories exist. I have never seen that before.

How "none of those things happened", my weeb friend? School me.

Tell me then about his baser nature. What are his negative personality traits? What are his vices? What are his sins?

Seeing a top hero possibly going to jail along with all the media, and political drama surronding it sounds way more interesting than him just redeeming himself and everyone being cool with it because "he does his job well".

Two serious things make him better than superman. The first is that he's strong but he's not literally invulnerable. He still takes damage. He has to worry about getting sicker. The second is that he actually has flaws. He's not perfect. There are some superman stories I really like but superman is just too fucking perfect. He doesn't feel like a character so much as an ideal.

>Superman ostracizing his friends has been caused by him trying to live a double life (less to do about him caring for others, and more him wanting to have his cake and eating too)
Then there it is. The flaw you were looking for. Clark wants to have his cake and eat it too, and such flaw almost costed him his friends.

>None of these things have happened. Not one of them.
Why must you lie on the internet user, it's easy to fact check here.

If you think I'm denying stories exist then you didn't read my post. I told you I read them, they didn't happen that way. Superman has never died, he just had a "healing coma" because he's too perfect to truly fail. There was no consequence there, just a delay. I told you, I read the stories and they didnt happen that way. None of those things happened.

He didn't commit any crimes. Emotional abuse isn't jailable crime. No matter how extreme it gets.

I actually agree with you. Superman being a self serving pathological liar and a self deluded hypocrite unaware of the shit he does is something a wish writers would explore more.

Attached: Clark Kent hired thanks to fraud.jpg (679x1024, 648K)

>him leading a double life causes him to ostracize his friends and loved ones
Is this not the kind of suffering you guys want? What do you want him to do? Beat his wife?

>The first is that he's strong but he's not literally invulnerable. He still takes damage. He has to worry about getting sicker.
Superman takes more damage in any random story than All Might has taken in any fight we have seen.

What are All Might flaws, other than approving the abuse of women?

He'd lose custody but that's about it, and since mom is in the ward the kids would go to the system. Yeah, boring. It just removes the characters from their sources of development instead of letting the drama happen.

No, that's a good flaw. If it was explored. Clark constantly lying to people with ease and gaslighting those he love while making grand speeches about trust and truth

Superman almost never feels any threat. You can only go up against darkside so many times before it gets boring.

All-Might's flaws consist of the fact that he's actually not that smart. There are times when he doesn't quite get what's going on.

because he embraces she cheesiness

I hate my Hero Academy

In america. Does Japan have those kinds of laws?

Well said, user

Attached: 1470958381961.gif (691x518, 140K)

Superman died. Why do you think Nekron had control over him during "Blackest Night". Nekron could only control those that had died before. If he could control Superman, than Superman died.

You know who has never died? All Might.

Now tell me how Superman has never lost his powers.

>Two serious things make him better than superman. The first is that he's strong but he's not literally invulnerable. He still takes damage.
Yeah, we all know Superman has never been hurt before

Attached: 5376._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x360, 32K)

How would Superman handle Endeavor?

I too remember a shitty gimmick that crashed the market. I hope it happens again.

When All Might dies he's not going to come back in six months.

>Superman almost never feels any threat
That is just the opinion of someone that doesn't read Superman, which, lets be honest here, it's worthless. People who read Superman know that he is threatened just as much as any other hero, and more than some.

I have never seen All Might being portrayed as a particularly dumb guy. Do you have any moments to share?

Same he does Batman. Letting everything slide.

Attached: idg8qc.jpg (650x1004, 110K)

>Superman almost never feels any threat. You can only go up against darkside so many times before it gets boring.
Superman has a bunch of villians with powers tailor made to fuck him up like Parasite or Metallo. You don't even need to get into the heavy hitters to find a threat for Superman.
We see All Might at his weakest in MHA and he's still clearing up dozens of villians by himself

>Being this mad you got called out for being a casual

Attached: 1476165346954.jpg (416x416, 55K)

Punching your 5 year old kid with the force of grown adult body builder, hitting your wife when she tries to stop you.

The wife is no saint either for burning an innocent child for the crime of looking like his biological parent

>Superman beinf hurt is just a shit gimmick!!!
This is almost "those Superman stories that prove me wrong have never happened" level.

Why are you MHAfags like this? Is the story really so good that you feel the need to behave like this on the internet?

>Punching your 5 year old kid with the force of grown adult body builder
That would kill a 5 year old, what the hell?

Reminder that most Yea Forums vs Yea Forums threads are actually started by Yea Forums

I don't like MHA much so much as I just don't like superman or batman. Characters like that have been done better.

Well, humans are extra tough in MHA I guess, at least ones with quirks.

All Might is an even bigger chad.

>Characters like that have been done better.
Like where? In anime?

>I'm arguing about stuff I don't understand or care about!
Sure, user

Attached: 67752.png (600x580, 360K)

Bullshit All Might is a forever alone virgin.

why is Yea Forums obsessed with superman?

>arguing about stuff I don't understand or care about!
But that's the norm here

She's a girl in a shonen. Hardly a mystery, user. We have a professional female hero who can transform into a dragon and her spotlight in the last arc was falling through a ceiling.

Attached: Ryuko.png (502x392, 67K)

How is he better, let alone all that good in the first place? He's a failure of a mentor to Deku, an exceedingly poor teacher in general, and wound up escalating the very threat he devoted his life to ending. Quite literally the only thing he has going for him is his persona, which he spent most of his adult life coasting on.

It's an easy target because Superman fans act like if they were part of a cult where Superman is their messiah.

Girl in a shounen. Also a character whose main motivation is to stack some motherfucking paper isn't exactly top billing material in what's supposed to be an idealistic universe.

That's a great character, right there. I want to know more about him.

Because they are le baiters.

An entire decade doing that, every day. But do not think that they care. They are just le baiting.

One of the most powerful and iconic superheroes ever. There’s an Eastern vs Western thing going on for decades and Superman is practically a walking target.

It's because Superman is the face of western power to weebs. I say throw Stardust at them. Let's see Goku survive that fucking psychopath

>I want to know more about him.
By all means, go and read about him. Here, I will help you.

A place filled with characters just as deep, well-written and complex. Go there and knock yourself out.

It might be interesting, but you're comparing him to a character who defined a genre. Go back to the 40s and literally everyone in the western hemisphere was interested in the idea of Superman.

east vs west threads are cancer and against >>>/global/rules/3 and >>>Yea Forumsrules/1
OP is a faggot.
Do your part to help purge this board of subhumans like him by reporting this thread.
Here's a link so you don't have to scroll up to the top of the page.
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=108392528

Superman was a lot different back then, and an actual interesting character. Give me my superpowered bully who's willing to stand up to corrupt government officials and mobsters.

You didn't read Superman, nor you read him now. I don't think you even read anything other than shonen manga, and I will eat my leg if you have ever read anything more complicated than Death Note.

I have yet to meet a weeb that isn't like this.

Superman's super senses are honestly just one big major DCU plothole. He's aware of EVERY terrible thing from every other comic. Sometimes they come up with explicit reasons why Superman couldn't help, but usually not.

He isn't "aware" of everything. He can hear a lot, but sound can only travel so fast and he doesn't pay attention to everything he hears, it's mostly background noise.

You are talking about " cosmic awareness", a power that Marvel characters have.

Flash can use his super speed to patrol the entire world
Batman has systems in place to monitor the entire world
Martian Manhunter's psychic powers can let him sweep the planet for information
Cyborg is linked into every computer system on the planet and can boom tube to any problem instantly
Green Lantern is supposed to protect planets but when he is on earth he's just patrolling Coast City.

And some point you just have to have a decent suspension of disbelief to enjoy these shared universes

Shit son
/Thread I guess

All Might is 7'2 and has a bigger penis than Clark.

He couldn’t handle half the women Clark could. They’d snap his dick like a twig.

You are understimating the pillar of justice and its drilling capacity. All Might will smash all pussy.

He's not

Because Japanese and weebs have a culture all about showing deference and submission to the most powerful and it pisses them off that Superman can curbstomp their champions while remaining a humble news reporter with a 9 to 5. It fucks with their heads. The most powerful shouldn't be Americans and they shouldn't have jobs and responsibilities.

Superman being able to be reinterpreted by different authors to mean different things in different kinds of stories is a testament to the character's strength. He's like Hamlet or King Arthur.

All-Might can only be one kind of character for one kind of story because he's simple and one-note as fuck.

This.

>He's like Hamlet or King Arthur.
Oh, my God.

>Perfect person
Superman's had an enormous fear of his own power and survivor's guilt complex since the silver age which informs everything from his secret identity to dodging matrimony to keeping Kara under his thumb until he was sure she was ready.

Superman doesn't struggle? He's constantly bodied and BTFO. He spent most of Metal zombified by a multiverse bat god and stuck in a nightmare reality where he died again and again.

The difference is Superman struggles against things that would annihilate BNHA in nanoseconds while All-Might struggles against lobotomized monster men because there are 0 interesting bad guys in BNHA.

Weebs favorite story is the harem comedy followed by by-the-numbers shonen. They're like pringle cans to fat people. They can't stop consuming even though they should.

Prove me wrong. He'll be a century old in little more than a decade and he's still getting stories.

>survivor's guilt complex
Superman never suffered from this. Does Superman think he should be dead and that him being alive is wrong?
>He spent most of Metal zombified by a multiverse bat god and stuck in a nightmare reality where he died again and again.
That was Batman. Superman was the one that willing entered the dark multiverse following Dream so he could rescue Batman from such fate.

It’s kind of true, comics are considered by some to be modern mythology, guys like Batman and Superman are still going 80 years after they were created, not a lot of heroes that time can say that.

That doesn't make Hamlet or King Arthur. DC pay people to make new stories about him because he's an IP they don't want to let go. Same as any shitty DC character.
Not to mention that there aren't a lot of different takes on him. He's not Batman. Batman is a versatile character that can be played out whatever which way you want. DC is terrible afraid of doing different takes on Superman because they know his fans never accepted it before the few times they tried. Superman's the definition of a safe and boring character.

>It’s kind of true, comics are considered by some to be modern mythology
By who? Comic fans? They're IP farms.
Superman and Batman are as much modern mythology as Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. That is, not at all.

Because of the character's versatility. Grant Morrison wrote him as a symbol of the human imagination. Alan Moore wrote him as a strange man that just wanted to cause no harm or stress to those around him. Scott Snyder writes him as optimism that will never fade even in the face of seemingly insurmountable evidence. Kal-L was Tom Joad with superpowers. Kal-El was a shy, quirky supergenius that could run keikakus that would make modern Batman blush whose arch-foe was Lois Lane.

>Because of the character's versatility.
He isn't.

Hamlet was written just by Shakespeare so no, the modern Arthur was created from ancient fanfiction so maybe you're right in that

Supremely high neuroticism (to the point where he creates statues of his friends and family in the Fortress of Solitude in his spare time and tortures himself with survivor statistics), an inability to trust problems to others (which is why he's Batman's friend, they both have this problem), overwhelming curiosity (from his scientist dad, got him in trouble recently when he time traveled back to Krypton to see if Dr Blue Dick really did fuck up his dad)

>Implying Clark is a fraud persona

Him building statues of his family and friends is seen as a endearing trait, not as something creepy. Same with him being hard on himself is the same.
Superman also never had an inability to trust problems to others. Batman does. It is something that it is always explored as a problem in his stories. Superman sometimes is juxtaposed with Batman to show that he doesn't share that trait, if anything.
Superman being curious? Really?

Him reporting on himself as if he was two different people is fraud. Specially when that landed him a cushy job as a reporter who should have a responsibility to truth and accountability.

>Superman's never suffered this
Read more comics retard.

>Does Superman think he should be dead and that him being alive is wrong
It's more that he views everything as fragile because he knows that an entire planetary culture can die in the blink of an eye. Frank Millar actually demonstrated this pretty well with infant Clark looking at Earth as he approached it and imagined it burning like Krypton.

>That was Batman
Superman was stuck on the spire in zombie-mode suffering lifetimes of agony until Wonder Woman saved him.

This. And it burns up weebs when they realize cape fans have characters older than the post-war Japan they idealize.

>DC pays people to make stories
>Work for hire is wrong
You stupid whore, do you think Ovid and Virgil wrote for free? Shakespeare?

>DC is afraid of different takes on Superman
>So here's Frank Miller's Superman who goes to a military academy and fucks all his girlfriends
Wha?

He’s a reporter because a, it’s a job that he can’t use his powers to take advantage of, because super strength and speed doesn’t help you be a good writer. And b,get a head start on disasters and be able track cases of politics and corruption

Clark has split from Superman enough times that there's no way you're going to nail him with fraud in a court of law.

>It's more that he views everything as fragile because he knows that an entire planetary culture can die in the blink of an eye. Frank Millar actually demonstrated this pretty well with infant Clark looking at Earth as he approached it and imagined it burning like Krypton.
That's not survivor's guilt, dumbfuck.
>Superman was stuck on the spire in zombie-mode suffering lifetimes of agony until Wonder Woman saved him.
Batman was, not Superman.
>You stupid whore, do you think Ovid and Virgil wrote for free? Shakespeare?
If Superman was in the public domain and there were people still interest in him and wanting to make stories about him, that'd be one thing. But Superman is a corporate's mascot. People work on him because they follow orders.

That's the same character wank as always. That Superman's a saint, that Superman's great, that Superman's the stronger there is, and so everyone loves and he deserves everything.

And he makes a mockery out of the profession.
He's still a fraud.

No Superman also experienced that. I remember he had a dream/reality warp/hallucination/trap where Jon and Damian were a aspiring rock duo.

>Him personally reading every hate mail he's gotten from the loved ones of people he couldn't save is endearing
>Him dwelling so much on his life that he recreates it in frozen detail in a giant isolated fortress is endearing

>Superman doesn't have trust issues because he's not as bad as Batman who has a failsafe to kill even Gordon
Trust issues is about 40% of his dynamic with Ms. Kent.

>Curious? Really
Yes really. It was more pronounced in the silver age where you had "I wonder what's in this space cloud AH RED KRYPTONITE I AM NOW FAT SUPERMAN" stories but it still comes up in modern stories. Snyder sometimes touches on it.

>Manga currently outsells comics in America as well
Honestly it's a god damn fucking embarrassment.
This is what happens when you let a bunch of Marxist into your industry who prioritize their agenda over a quality product or even sales.

Attached: 1350354389849.jpg (2048x1152, 108K)

>That's not survivors guilt dumbfuck
Oh please internet psychiatrist tell me what survivors are and aren't allowed to feel.

>Batman, not Superman
Way to show you really don't read comics dumbshit.

>People work on him because they follow orders
So again, Ovid, Virgil, Shakespeare...

>Manga outsells comics in America
Except it doesn't. Viz couldn't even get Jump off the ground and had to make it digital only.

>Him personally reading every hate mail he's gotten from the loved ones of people he couldn't save is endearing
In a story where Steel's niece rubbed that fact on a villain who hated Superman for failing them. It was a story made to show that Superman do care. It was not presented as a character's flaw, but as a strength.
>Him dwelling so much on his life that he recreates it in frozen detail in a giant isolated fortress is endearing
Always shown as an endearing whenever shown with other character's getting awed by the majesty of it all.
>Trust issues is about 40% of his dynamic with Ms. Kent.
Even Superman keeping a double life and gaslightening Lois is rarely shown as a bad thing done by him, but rather something imposed on him by the necessity of the situation. If anything, Superman's shown as the poor victim of a bad circumstance, whereas Lois is shown as a vapid and shallow harpy who isn't being understanding with poor Superman.

The only story that comes to my mind where the whole double identity had negative repercussions for Superman was during the Truth arc of New 52 Superman, but even then Lois is the one on the wrong for exposing his double life.

Are you implying that Superman can save everyone? He saves the same amount of people All Might can. Are you fucking high?

>Not as a flaw but as a strength
Those aren't mutually exclusive character elements. Often a character's strength IS his weakness just applied in a different scenario.

Come on, user. We are back to the whole "he's flawed because he cares too much!".

Western uninspired fanfictions vs a bunch of diferent stories made with real passion. Who will win?

>Awed by the majesty
Lois has called the statues creepy before.

>Even Superman doing a double life and gaslighting Lois is rarely shown as a bad thing
I was referring to their married dynamic. Their dynamic when they were dating was some kind of weird reporter foreplay where Lois gets to fuck Superman if she can expose him and they didn't really mind being deceived by one another, doubly so in the silver age.

And that can't be a flaw? He tried to micromanage Jon and Kara's live and got flack for it.

Western uninspired fanfiction because the Jap stuff is just that godawful.

>He saves the same amount of people All Might can. Are you fucking high?

The guy that can gain super strength for a couple of hours a day vs the guy that can fly around the world and has super strength all the time, even before All Might got fucked up he probably saved fewer people then superman.

That's not a real argument, and the market is the one that put one over the other not me.

>Superman being able to be reinterpreted by different authors to mean different things in different kinds of stories

This kind of thinking is what lead to hacks like Zack Snyder doing shitty stuff with the character.

I wonder why people bother making posts like this.
It doesn't make manga look bad, it just makes you look asshurt.

Attached: 000.jpg (897x1281, 342K)

>Lois has called the statues creepy before.
What? Once? Make it consistent then call me back.
>I was referring to their married dynamic. Their dynamic when they were dating was some kind of weird reporter foreplay
Then it is a foreplay, and not a bad trait from him. You know, ie a flaw.
>And that can't be a flaw?
Superman portrayed as a worried father is hardly what i'd call a flaw. If anything, it'd a ubiquitous, endearing trait that make readers go dawwwd.

Good stuffs, that Superman fans were unable to handle. Goes to show that the character isn't that versatile as this thread make him out to be.

That doesn't mean he can save them all, because he can't, and that has been a recurrent theme in a lot of his stories. But I wouldn't expect you to actually have read comics.

Jesus letting Yea Forums bnha shills run this thread over 300 post already. You guys feel for this shill's retarded desperate attempts for attention. Fact: Superman >>>>>>>> BnHA. If you bother arguing with weebs you are a brainlet.

>Good stuffs, that Superman fans were unable to handle.

No, it's just bad. There's a core on the character that's unchangeable. Otherwise you could write him as a rapist and it would be "an interpretation".

>S-Superman is too good a person!

You're right. Superman should encourage a cult of personality around him being able to punch monster men to death, support a culture that views superheroics as paramilitary pop-idol competitions with a vicious hierarchy, a school that encourages stressful competition on adolescents to the level of public blood sports, praise the school bully because "he's got spirit", and be best friends forever with the guy that beat his wife so bad she went insane.

Yes. That truly is a great character. And don't forget in story NO ONE calls him out on it and sucks his dick because he's THE LAST CHAMPION.

You can't even argue that All-Might struggles. Fucker wins all his fights. Superman doesn't.

Attached: 1554320601445.png (450x490, 310K)

The core wasn't changed. Just accept that Superman isn't a versatile character. See the current bitching about his portrayal in Super Hero Girls.

But Viz doesn't outsell DC let alone Marvel and DC.

>child's
What did user mean by this?

Ship

You don't want me to poke holes of the DCU, do you? Because the first thing i'm going to attack is the Justice League's Watchtower and many of Batman's actions that Superman enabled. There are a lot of bad DC comics and events for me to pick from.

>Make it consistent
How many times do you want?

>Then it is a foreplay and not a bad thing
Well we found something we can agree on.

>Jon feeling smothered by Clark to the point Manchester Black tried to exploit that feeling to turn Jon against Clark
>It's a ubiquitous, endearing trait
What is wrong with you?

I know that. I was just wanted to point out that there is no way that All Might can save as much as Superman, that doesn't make him better but it just impossible

Enough times it becomes a thing.
Jon's an adolescent. They always feel smothered by their parents.

>S-Superman let them mind wipe a superpowered rapist that bragged about doing it and promised to do it again like he was Leland Palmer in lockup
>That's as bad as sucking a wife-beater's dick!

Weeb just kill yourself

Every big shonen outsell Batman in the US and nothing from DC or Marvel outsell Batman.

>Enough times it becomes a thing
And what does that mean?

And Batman. Don't forget about him. As well many other several villains. Some of them not even that bad, like Catwoman.

Bakugo telling Deku to KHS was obviously a mean-spirited joke and Deku outright fucking outlines this the very next fucking moment. Horikoshi has admitted he went too far with making Bakugo unlikeable in the beginning and most of that was quietly retconned out later in the series.

People praise Bakugo's resourcefulness and quick-acting, which is one hundred percent important aspects of a hero. Bakugo's initiative and quick-draw reflexes are vital towards things like Search and Rescue. and all of the pros who got to see his behavior outright said he had a foul attitude that needed to be adjusted. That's literally why Best Jeanist took him in--to adjust his behavior that would be better fitting with his skillset.

No one fellates Bakugo except for All-Might, and that's seriously because All-Might is a total wimp and is exactly like Deku in that regard--attached and thinking that treating him nicely will eventually sway him to acting better than just dumping on him.

Attached: 1544281214353.jpg (620x413, 26K)

Except that's false you brainlet. He explains to Deku that you have to train your body to the point that it can withstand OfA otherwise your fucking body would be torn apart from the sheer existence of the power coursing through it. Unlike Deku he had Nana and Gran Torino train (or beat in Torino's case) ass at the same time until he could handle it as a young adult.

He was 10 at the time. He’s only a teenager as of now.

Outside early 2000's, no, they don't. As much as comic sales have fallen in the US manga sales have fallen MORE.

>manga sales have fallen MORE.
False

That really was fucked up. That’s like telling a kid in a wheelchair to kill themself.

Why is every BHA thread about it being the best and greatest superhero story? Can't you just enjoy Japanese heroes as they are without making comparisons all the time?

Attached: vlcsnap2013101313h41m59s37_display (2).png (662x372, 60K)

No one fucking knows about Endeavor's family issues and part of Icyhot's issues with him is the fact he cannot do anything about it personally. Endeavor's popularity means that he could honestly burn someone alive in the street and people would bend over backwards to defend the decision. Does this sound familiar?

Despite that, Endeavor now in the spotlight as the #1 hero has had to reassess literally everything he has done because now his actions have immediate consequences, Note how NO ONE in Endeavor's family is believing him wanting to change and make up for what he did. Or well, most of you won't because you don't give a shit in the first place.
It's widely agreed and it's also why it never comes up later--it's a dropped point meant to be quietly forgotten about because the author was a little on the edge ball at first. Revisiting it would honestly be a better move as a writer, but it's obvious it won't happen.

Take Batman. Many of Batman's traits weren't seen as bad because people were able to suspend their belief and they were swept under the rug as part of the setting and genre trope.
Buuut eventually writers started to deconstruc him and point such traits as being actually problematic on such a consistent basis that now they're seen as flaws inherit to the character.

That's the kinda of thing i was meaning by that. The Fortress' statues of Superman's loved ones isn't seen as something creepy because the comics don't point them as something on a consistent basis to be seen as such by the majority of people enough to become a mainstay. It's just another of the many things associated with Superman that is taken as granted and swept under the rug as part of the setting. If anything, writers use it to make Superman look better as a character by turning into a positive trait.

I hope one day Yea Forums will wake up and can start the recovery process. They're too busy being defensive though.

Literally nothing wrong with deleting Bruce's memories since he's shown exactly what he does when he gets mad at superhumans.

>Several other villains
Like the Top? The vicious psychopath that mindfucks you while centrifugal force tears your skin off? The guy that promised he'd kill every one of the Flash's family?

It says a whole fucking lot that All-Might NEVER apologized for ANYTHING while Superman had a dark night of the soul over mindfucking irredeemable psychopaths.

>Catwoman
Superman didn't know about Selena and it was quickly retconned. Zatanna did her off the record as a "favor" to Bruce.

When the JSA recruited Stargirl and Jakeem they constantly told them to shape up and act like true heroes. If Jakeem was recruited by All-Might and friends they would have sucked his dick for having a genie that can do anything and he would have remained a little punk.

Remember, that's a great hero worthy of praise!

1. Look at the OP
2. Fuck you for bringing something as good as SamFlam into this. It doesn't deserve to be dirtied.

Did you not read Tomasi's run? The whole thing is about him becoming a better father even as Jon becomes a better son.

They need to compare it because it´s based on American capeshit and they have to convince them selfs that its just better then original one

I to long for the day when Superman will praise Jon for telling a crippled kid to kill themselves.

They do it all the time in Japan. Japan hates cripples and orphans, its just Confucian culture.

Yea Forums needs to starting caring about its own content

Confucius always seemed chill though

If BNHA fags cared about their own content it would have ended before Stain.

Since you obviously have never read MHA, let me tell you a secret.

At some point, they have their provisional license exams, and Bakugo fails the rescue portion with flying colors because not only is he too focused on fighting, but his shitty attitude literally docks all of his points. He is thoroughly chastised by the hero association for his attitude, and he has to actually learn to keep his shitty attitude in check from now on when dealing with civvies. And yes, he gets shat on mercilessly the entire fucking time.

Bakugo's growth is obviously meant to be a slow but meaningful one, and there's been major focuses on showing this growth explicitly that most people ignore because they're either shitposters, anime-onlies, speedreaders, or people who never cared in the first place and will refuse to accept when evidence of the contrary pops up.

And Jakeem would have failed the exams so hard he would be forced to look at himself just like Bakugo did.

There is no way All Might is taller than Superman. Most anime characters are short as fuck despite perspective.

It's not even the best Japanese capshit. Not by a mile.

SamFlam and Tiger and Bunny eat BNHA's lunch. Fucking One-Meme Man is better. The shitty Nu Ultraman with the power armor is better.

BNHA is at the bottom of the Jap cape knock-offs and is only the most profitable because when it come to weebs trash rises, quality sinks.

>Slow but meaningful
Outside the exam he still has his dick sucked which means he's like Endeavor. The capes don't care how he is as a person so long as he does his job right. And that's fucked.

It's like a Kirby thing.

All Might coddles kids, that’s just a fact.

Frankly the whole damn system sounds way too much like The Boys to me, you know? I would not be surprised if some Starlight/Homelander shit happened

It's just Japanese culture. So long as you do your job and act right for the company you can burn hookers with matches in your sparetime, no one will give a shit unless it becomes public then you AND the whistleblower both get in trouble because you disrupted the communal peace.

I'm with you on Tiger and Bunny but Samurai Flamenco is absolute garbage.

Search the data, there's no DC in the top 10 best selling adult graphic novels anymore.

>top 10 best selling adult graphic novels anymore.
What list are you using? Amazon? AHAHAHAHAH!

Comixology sells manga and you NEVER see manga in the top ten.

Doesn't DC's graphic novels usually outsell Marvels in LCS and bookstores?

previewsworld.com/Article/228893-Exclusive-Marchs-Top-100-Best-Selling-Graphic-Novels

Well let's see how far down the list we have to go to hit DC--

>2

Well that's settled it. user is a faggot.

Why are americans full of self hate? They always blabber about why foreign culture/media is better is better than theirs

Attached: OH NO NONONONO.png (752x88, 8K)

Nobody uses comixology to read manga

>Nobody reads manga

Lefties like manga. Rightchads like capes.

That's based only in Diamond data, is not a reliable source.

Cope

In comixology

viz.com/print-publishing-sales
Diamond just sell VIZ manga in comic stores

Fuck off back to R3ddit you stupid niggerfaggot poltard.

Why bother when Billy has always been the best?

Attached: Captain Marvel vs Reed Richards.jpg (1024x1376, 350K)

He is not.

He's good, but he's not better.

I have yet to meet anyone who actually reads Superman, who dislikes Superman and thinks any of the clones are better characters.

What is it about superhero manga and being all like "ohh heroes have to be a part of a corporation and superheroing is an actual career and there's paperwork and other boring real life stuff"? Fuck that man, does Batman need to sign paperwork detailing exactly how many goons he punched to stop Joker from gassing an orphanage? Does Thor have to report to a fucking boss who pays him based on the number of heroic things he's done that week? Is Green Lantern not allowed to save some people from a fire just because it's in Aquaman's jurisdiction? No they fucking don't. When a person cries for help, they fucking go, kick ass, and leave.
also superheros doing it for the fame and fortune instead of doing it selflessly is asinine

Attached: 151939.jpg (1074x1031, 362K)

Oh yeah, ANOTHER THING
ANIME AND MANGA WHERE THE CHARACTERS' MINDSET IS JUST "if I punch harder then I'll win" AND "hrrng, I need to lift more weights to defeat this new bad guy whos stronger than the last bad guy time to train and get more muscles" At least JJBA has characters adapting and getting creative to defeat enemies. Even fucking Jotaro knows when to punch and when to play dead

They're japanese, Japan status quo is colectivist.

Different culture I guess.

Attached: ye.jpg (1130x1600, 570K)

Shonen trope, even Banana no Nana has better battles than your average shonen

>ANIME AND MANGA WHERE THE CHARACTERS' MINDSET IS JUST "if I punch harder then I'll win" AND "hrrng, I need to lift more weights to defeat this new bad guy whos stronger than the last bad guy time to train and get more muscles"

Sounds like you're consuming anime/manga literally aimed at 12 year olds, so.

His dick is only sucked by two people. Everyone else acknowledges how much of a shitheel he is and classmates tease the hell out of him relentlessly.
Exactly, he's a total pushover. That's unique to him.
This too, and the fact there's so much commentary on current hero society alongside this should honestly be the biggest indicator that what's going on isn't sustainable and is in fact cancerous to the social growth of this new world that must be addressed. But I guess shitposts gonna shitpost.

I like Superman more than All Might by every means, personally.

wow that explains everything.
How did Japan get so cucked?

Considering America and Europe are currently being infested by people who are outright against their culture and people due to the fact it's so much focus on individuals, and Japan isn't...I don't think Japan is the cucked one in 2019.

AM doesnt really have the Superman Problem as of the time of canon. Stuff he does feels more menaingfull rather than just impressive because he has stakes and limitations due to his wound.

Also, AM is more overtly inspiring character. Supes *is* but due to how stories work as hin being an established character we dont really get that much of him nowdays.

Supe's is an icon, but AM has more story focused on himself, and being hammy and bombastic like old superheroes (especially because he's doing it despite his condition) is pretty neat.

He's not.

Not really. Superman has the benefit of not being constrained to one shitty writer. While this means he gets passed around like a 2 dollar hooker, he still gets guys like Grant Morrison. Hori is the equivalent of a amateur DeviantArt user who has no experience writing. Poor All-Might.

Attached: olLfSZk.png (626x962, 987K)

I'm pretty sure Endeavor did actually beat his kids, it was just in the context of "training" but a seven-foot-tall-300-pounds-of-muscle hitting a child is fucked up regardless of context.

>Gave a child powers that seriously injure said child.
>Better than Superman.

Japanese culture. Specifically modern Japanese culture under Abe where you see a swing toward traditional values.

Superman would have done the same thing in his circumstances.

It's amazing how hard BNHA's popularity dropped to dregs around here.

There's only one thing about it I care about now and it's the girls. Posting the most underrated one.

Attached: Tatami.jpg (760x1000, 165K)

>Why is All Might better than Superman?

And they say you gotta be patient with fags.

Fact

Abe is shit, but the japanese were always like that.

>Abe is shit
Oh? How come?

Its popularity dropped world wide except for leddit and social media. No one with two brain cells still reads it, thinks it's the greatest shit ever and buys into the hype like people did in 2015-2016. Hori falls under the same trap Kishimoto and Oda did, their works become increasingly lazy and worse the more popular their series became and it's clear they're dragging this out and bullshitting the rest of the way. Hori especially performs worse than the other two because the manga is still very young and hasnt even peaked at all. Characters remain especially flat. Only plebbit, tumblr, shippers and people who fap to the girl students still think its hot shit

>Jap heroes
Government/corporate shills

>American heroes
Independent agents

>Jap heroes on bad guys
"He killed hundreds but he's an honorable man so I cried when he died/I made him an ally"

>American heroes on bad guys
"Fuck them, they pay for their crimes."

>Jap heroes on teams
A strong hierarchy based on grades, levels, and in-group competition.

>American heroes on teams
Anyone can join. Even Snapper Carr. Even Ma Hunkle. The furry boxer and angry manlet sit at the same table as the wrath of god and a lord of order.

>Jap heroes on power levels
PLUS ULTRA! GET MORE POWERFUL! BECOME THE KING OF PIRATES, BELIEVE IT!

(Does All-Might even HAVE normie friends? I mean friends who take powers from the "party trick" quirk pool?)

>American heroes on power levels
Stay humble. Get a secret identity and stay close to the common man. Too much power is dangerous. Get normie friends.

You want to know why we keep having All-Might and Goku vs Superman threads? Because weebs know that if Superman ever crossed over he would be disgusted by what he saw maybe even more than he was disgusted by Marvel.

Not that user, but he's literally a Yakuza pawn. His wife was caught taking money from them. He's more corrupt than Bill Clinton and hides his corruption under MUH NIHON VALUES and occasional sabre rattling.

You know the PM from Samurai Flamenco? That's him.

While there's a lot of shit I hate in the setting it does make sense when you realise EVERYONE has super powers. BNHA isn't analogous to a cape roaming around a world of normies. Limitations and restrictions exist to control who can use their powers. It's like gun control.

Same, if Green Lantern Corps are space cops, how come they do not go to Gotham?

How come Lady Shiva never deals with superhuman beings?

I thought BNHA already peaked in terms of sales and popularity?
Honestly this. Bill was and will always be best boy.

You're forgetting a big one as seen in:
>Jap heroes
Literally doing it for the money

>American heroes
Do it pro bono

Japan right wing is too autistic to know how to lead the country, instead of getting new asiatic allies to don't become chinese vassals they go with the "Japan did nothing wrong" meme

Goku, Sailor Moon, Pegasus Seiya, Luffy and some others are not government watch dogs.

Excellently crafted bait, I took it serious for a good few moments.
See it really works

Abe is a fucking degenerate with ties to yakuza, far-right NIHON MASTERRACE THE EMPEROR IS A GOD shitters, and pedos.

thedailybeast.com/japans-shinzo-abe-could-be-brought-down-by-kindergarten-corruption

It's like a fucking parody.

Amusingly enough, Gotham used to be Alan Scott's city. Shiva doesn't deal with superhumans because she's LOA and knows how to pick her targets. She gets paid to karate chop gangsters to death, not fuck with Superman.

I to was inspired by his support of bullies and child beaters.

They're literally flamboyant policeman liike this user said

His Fans are not about the power level wank.

>Goku and Luffy
Take place in fantasy versions of Earth.

>Seiya
Is part of an hierarchical organization and takes marching orders from Athena.

>Sailor Moon
Is part of hierarchical organization and gives the marching orders.

Back in the 70's during the toku boom you had more rebellious supers. Hongo wasn't part of an organization that wasn't his bike club, but future riders started having organizations attached to them. Ultraman ALWAYS had some kind of government science team attached to him regardless of incarnation. The Tesujin kid was a legit secret agent as was the dude that controlled Giant Robo.

You see a big of divergence with classic mecha though. The Getter Team and Photon Labs weren't government. But later on you get government backed teams like GGG and NERV.

Seiya is under Athena command (but I really want to see him like a green lantern)

He only has one writer

>kills

No.

One Piece's world isn't really remotely analogous to earth. I mean have you seen its map before?

LOA? But how does she expect to become the best if she does not meet the best? Batman can deal with Darkseid and Doomsday. Why not her? How come she is not a candidate for any ring?

Change my mind.

And therein lies the problem. American capes since Superman have had a first responder flavor to them, not a paramilitary one.

Considering the first lantern was Hal (outside Alan Scott) you really can't push a "government shill" narrative with the lanterns.

>His wife got insane, his son got his face burnt,
I mean that would fall on his wife, wouldn't it?

>and his whole family hates him for whatever reason
Isn't the older sister on pretty good terms with him? She was legit worried about him when he got shot in the face. She never seemed to be angry at him and all All-Might would see as far as being angry would be his burnt son, who Endeavor could easily just say was resentment over his inability to save his son. All-Might would understand someone hating their dad for not saving them.

>Oh well, surely this has nothing to do with him being a violent fuck
I feel like the first thing All-Might would do is make sure she has no signs of being abused or hurt and if she had so much as one bruise he would've laid into the guy, but Endeavor was never physically abusive towards her, he just mentally abused her by implying she never was good enough and he, a rich guy, wasted his life by shacking up to her. She didn't like the guy, it was an arranged marriage, he never had to hurt her to make her feel like shit.

>Marxists don't like the Red Son
STFU you stereotypically stupid tosser.

Neither is DB to be honest but its still called "Earth".

And pity All-Might for it.

>No signs of abuse
>Literally goes insane
user...

>firepunch is honorary Yea Forums
They couldn’t handle a taste of it.

>Money slut
>Good
AHAHA no.

But Athena is not a government or something like that, she is a goddess. But at times I wonder what if the Sailor Senshi would had been government?

Not sure if Ichigo would count, sure they are spiritual but the old guy almost executed Rukia because muh laws.

Tons of Superhero teams work with and under the government a lot working directly for them.
Tons of Villains are given the benefit of the doubt and sympathized with by their villains.
Tons of heroes lack secret identities or humility and power levels constantly go fucking overboard.

hes half goku half captain marvel he isnt supes

Yeah, but the logical evolution of the "independent hero" is Batman not Superman, Ironman works too.

They don't have land to rule.

Makes me wonder, X-Men use suits but everyone knows who they are and their bad guys never go after their friends and family. Well most of the time, meanwhile, Spiderman revealed his identity and Aunt May got shot.

Everyone knows who Tony Stark is, rarely they go after anyone related to him with no powers. The Fantastic Four are in NY, everyone knows them and gangsters like Kingpin do not go after them for their stuff, why?

>Judging a character off of fans
BnHA fans are far worse than Superman fans anyways

Yes they do. It is like the after life but they have land and shit.

Or you mean the Senshi? Well they had the moon government but it is dead.

everything is real in dc kid

learn to hypertime

if they fuck up and new52 and sunset the whole line beacuse Disney is paying off At&t the same way people get banned from youtube twitter and facebook the same day then Yea Forums will carry the golden age out itself

Mental abuse is a whole other bag of cats than being violently abusive, user. People do just snap, and she didn't snap at Endeavor, she snapped at her son and horrifically scarred and innocent child. All-Might is a pretty noble person, so I doubt he'd turn to this guy who's kid just got violently attacked by his wife in an apparent mental break and assume it was he who caused the whole thing, and not just a psychotic episode that is a tragic but real thing that happens in any county, and as a hero he would have see this a lot. How many times do you think he personally had to stop a psychotic person in the middle of doing something terrible that made no sense and didn't seem to have a cause? He's the number 1 hero, he sees it all the time, and from what he would visibly be able to see Endeavor wasn't abusing her in any way. WE know she faced some serious mental pressure, but how would HE know that? What signs were there besides the rough, but ultimately heroic, nature of Endeavor would make him turn on someone who was in a really bad place at that moment?

Think about it, come on.

Superman debuted as an anti establishment guy who broke down an apartment complex so the government would build a better one for the lower class. Iron Man became a government stooge anyway in the shitty Civil War

....Ok seriously, what am I missing here? I've read All Star a shit load of times, I've heard a billion times how this was Superman at his most purest, his most uplifting, his most definitive...his most human. And I just can't see that. I mean, everyone keeps posting that fucking suicide picture over and over again, and while it's a great scene, it's the only scene where I view his humanity. Every other one is Morrison's Meta-Mythic Sun God that he came up with in DC 1Mil.

I don't see Clark at all in this guy. Not in the way he talks and not in the way he behaves. He's more the Silver Age characature of Silver Age norms keep poking fun of. He feels too detached from humanity. All I see is the stupid bloody Christ analogue that Zack Snyder/WB likes to jerk off to.

Maybe because Morrison just sucks writing dialogue. Every one he writes speaks like a book of esoteric knowledge in an overly dramatic fashion. I get he was creating an epic mythic take on the character, but I guess I never connected to that.

Then again, I was mostly raised by 90's Supes and stories that had him more or less be a regular Kansas dude who wants to help people with his superpowers. If my only choice is the All Star SuperGod, than yeah, All Might is better.

Athena is like fem Jesus, she gets to be a near martyr but does not rule Japan or even Greece, just some odd part of it but ate not a serious formal government.

It is possible One Piece world is not even Earth, like a theory says it must be a planet where humans ran away into.

But there are plenty of Japanese superhero who are basically vigilantes.

And why none talks about European heroes as part of western ones? Spirou and Tin Tin are not government either. Neither is Yoko Tsuno.

Maybe Asterix.

She has her own little church with a training center in Greece and a Pope. She counts if not for a government than certainly a hierarchical organization.

Ichigo would count because of Soul Society.

Lanterns have fought against the Guardians enough times and have enough independence operating away from them that they aren't organization cucks like Japanese characters.

The Avengers cucked to Gyrich, but see pic related for how DC characters handle government oversight. X-Men also don't cuck.

Attached: Alan Scott vs DC Nick Fury.jpg (1280x2022, 433K)

So how the fuck does Metal, Heroes in Crisis and Doomsday Clock even relate to each other?

>replying to mcu-narutofags
You guys never learn, dont you?

there is some truth to this yes

the solar hero should not give a fuck

its wrong that diana is the killer of the trinity

at the same time, dosent superman killing force us into a dark time and bring on crisis and perpetua?

dosent the statesmen become the tyrant then? One drop of blood?

But battle between truth and justice is inevitable...

Morrison's dialogue is one of his weak spots.

>Alan Scott extorts a federal employee
Based as fuck

>Metal
It's what happened before Snyder's Legion of Doom shit. It cracked the source wall and unleashed his OC Monitor Mommy.

>HIC
Self-contained side adventure where Wally arrests himself. Minimal impact on anything.

>Doomsday Clock
Set sometime in the near future. Will bring back JSA and LOSH.

Their friends and family of the X-men are basically origin stories that occasionally show back up but usually just to showcase the life they no longer fit into.The nonmutant cast of X-men was always pretty small and transient.
Spidey meanwhile has a long history of his superhero life rubbing his real life the wrong way, and Aunt May getting shot was also the big turning moment for his Civil War arc.
Tony constantly defends himself, and being Iron Man makes that pretty fucking easy.
Fantastic Four don't fight Kingpin because that's not their franchise, if you really need an answer maybe Fisk just doesn't think taking them on is worth it.

How does Saint Seiya Earth even works? It is closer to our Earth than that of Dragon Ball, yet in Saint Seiya Omega they mentioned the Three Mile Island incident was linked to the Sanctuary and it seemed as the US government was being a bitch to the Sanctuary, yet in the original series they act like a secrecy and almost nothing happens and it seems that once the 12 houses saga stars, like they exist in their own universe.

You will say it only happened in the anime but why the fuck some Sanctuary goons were scared of the Japanese police?

greek heroes are invunerable too

why does superman need to be perfect?

because he has to set an example for every super hero that was derrived from him, which is every super hero ever.

he is the big blue boy scout because diana is a crazy bitch. Batman is a boyscout to save robin and alfred. Clark has to become the rock of the trinity.

I was expecting that Barbathos and Dr. Manhattan were working together or something. He even know of AT.

no superman, no goku

no goku, no all might

no multiple man, no naruto

no mr fantastic, no luffy

Krillin is a cop. So yeah I guess DB guys are government.

They are insecure about western made shit and are edgy so the original superhero of american comics standing for TRUTH and JUSTICE makes their peepees rage a hard on. Same reason they shit on cartoons too. I know because I use to be an edgy shonen lover in middle school and thought Superman was lame and washed up character that should die.

I doubt Multiple Man and Reed had something to do with Naruto and Luffy respectively.

Naruto seems more to be based upon Harry Potter. Also, speaking of MM. Naruto´s deal was that he was shit doing the clonejutsu stuff. Everyone was able to do it right, yet despite that; it eventually becomes one of Naruto´s main things, while the rest barely do it. Why?

Battleship Yamato are government while Harlock is vigilantes. Galaxy Express is a corporation.

This. Weebs are salty about Superman because deep down they know who the real hero is.

I'm amazed how many people will defend Endeavor and All-Might for this bullshit.

The US thing is a reference from a spin-off novel, the police thing is from Toei and non-canon

Exactly, how does Saint Seiya Earth even works? Shaka could easily beat Athena and Poseidon and rule everything but he is like anime Dr. Manhattan and overloved by Mexicans because they wish to be like him.

Superman became a government stooge selling war bonds and slapping japs.

>Theme song for western superchads
youtube.com/watch?v=HKgk6G0lekQ

>Theme song for Japanese "heroes"
youtube.com/watch?v=GiHftejWSvU

Attached: Superman vs Government Stoogery.jpg (2048x1575, 1.02M)

Nah, it's like a butterfly effect, Multiple Man/Mr Fantastic have nothing to do with Luffy or Naruto, I doubt Oda or Kishimoto know or care about them.

Here is the butterfly effect: No Superman -> No Saiyan Saga/No DBZ -> No Yu Yu Hakusho -> No Hunter X Hunter -> No Naruto

No Superman -> No DBZ -> No One Piece -> No Toriko

No Superman -> No Well Known Shonen -> No BnHA shit (the epitome of generic shonen)

Shadow Clones are different from Clones, in that Shadow Clones are solid and can hit people. Regular ass clones are basically you showing your teacher that you can do illusions. Also if everyone was using Clones in fights would get irritatingly samey and Kishimoto probably didn't want to draw literal armies of the same two people getting into a slappy fight, amusing as the mental image might be.

>Eats a big bang attack they pulled out of their asses
>Calmly sits down beneath a tree and dies like Buddha
Why is it in shonen the characters given the least attention are always the best?

Athena never really fights and Shaka was destroyed by Hades. The Athena thing were shonen tropes again

Only to defeat the greater government cuckery of Imperial Japan.

Attached: Alan Scott vs Anime.jpg (1000x1443, 386K)

It's most because he is a easy target

If the three Hades slaves nuked anyone but Shaka, Shaka could have legit solo'ed Hades.

he rolled quad 7s nigger you dont need a source at that point. If you read western comics you would know this. Name a japanese comic that has inspired sociopolitical revolution

Yes, he is one of the most well known western icon. Weebs hate their own country, kek.

He still does anti establishment shit sometimes.

>Clark has to become the rock of the trinity.
He's actually the thing that brings the trinity down. Batman and Wonder Woman gets dumbed and become antagonists for Superman to shine.

Someone needs to shop in little anime characters in the explosion.

>TRUTH
>live a double life
>lies to everyone both as a hero and a normie
>gaslight his loved ones
>make a mockery of the reporter profession
>acts like a hypocrite telling others to be more honest and forthcoming

>Implying Batwank aura doesnt make everyone else job and lose 100 IQ points.
Wonder Woman is a mess in terms of characterization anyways. They really need to give her some magnus opus story like Supes or Bats

>Clark writs a truthful article with salient, critical opinions on Superman.
>Puts in hundreds of hours making copy exposing corruption and gansters
>"H-He mocked journalism by being Superman!"
Be quiet.

He got famous and won Pulitzers writing articles about Superman filled with fanfare.

>Implying Batwank aura doesnt make everyone else job and lose 100 IQ points.
Oh, you're one of those butthurt Superman fanboys angry that he doesn't have his super-intellect anymore.

Based. Superheros shitting on the Japanese empire. Without the WEST, you weebs would not get any anime and would being speaking japanese as filthy prisoner gaijins.

I mean...strictly speaking Shakespeare was mainly writing for the masses and political brownie points and it was only after death that literary wankers decided that ACKTUALLY his work was posh stuff so without any death of the author shit, he was catering to the same audience DC is. And the King Arthur legends are so subject to retelling and French OCs that I wouldn’t argue they have as many inconsistent retcons as Superman.

I really really wish that Shaka and Manhattan would meet. Not fight, just meet and talk specially how Doomsday Clock is going.

The second request is bullshit. Just below the data is a message that basically say "this is diamond data", learn to read your sources

Not really. Batman makes everyone look dumb, instead of everyone pooling their minds together, I couldnt care less if Superman wasnt Einstein x10 anymore, keep it up with the buzzwords though, let your anger out, it's alright user.

>couldn't even unlock the other powers of his predecessors despite have years spent with One For All

More like "No Might."

>>make a mockery of the reporter profession
Wait I thought you people hate journalism now, "Enemy of the People" "Fake News" and all that
Make up your minds.

okay the thing you dont understand is that everything DC comics has ever done is all canon

Metal is the dark multiverse

the dark multiverse is the watchmen movie

doomsday clock represents the war for the west right now

verner brothers vs the jewish titans

The ending of doomsday clock was recently changed, the writer of batman (batman has been a God for the last 10? years. Since the last Crisis) was canned and dido is back in charge thanks to zoe quinn. They want to sunset the entire line of DC comics

heroes in crisis is more an omen than anything fully relevant. An omen that final crisis is not final. That another new 52 is coming.

We are currently in what is likely the best justice league story of all time

and the odd thing is that I predicted it

rick sanchez vs bruce wayne was a troll post i made on the book of faces in the group of chaos mages, to try and fight their nihilism. I claimed that bruce wayne and mason leng are one and the same and that not only can batman reset his personality from 0 to godbat but can step through the 4th dimenson at will like an agent of the invisibles.

he and lex luthor both show this power in the first issue of this seminal run of justice league.

expect the DC universe to end not with doctor manhatten vs superman, but with the batman who laughs vs superman after bruce joker dunks on lex and perpetua

/pol/ is that way.

I just want to bait, man.

>LOL Faux Kanji.

If this thread is ok, can I make /pol/ threads now?

Maybe everybody else is dumb.

Actually subtly brilliant as Dream Japan was created by Brainwave.

>zoe quinn

Can someone take one for the team?

ITT: Yea Forums trolls turn Yea Forums into faggots.

Not all of them are from the US

How come neither Barbathos nor Manhattan noticed eachother? Even Manhattan knew of the Anti Monitor.

nah, Yea Forums just has a massive superiority inferiority complex. they have to be the best in anything to be something.

Barby was the rouge janitor of the dark multiverse who wanted to eat the light multiverse. Manhattan hung out to the hypertime layer of Earth 0 (metaverse). As shown in Metal when Cyborg ported the team into hypertime, Barbatos was unaware of hypertime as it was beyond the multiverses (sort of like a larger version of the Bleed).

Why do Mexicans like Shaka so much? Is it because he is a poo in the loo, yet has beautiful white features and wish to be like him as they look like poos?

I remember in the last decade, there were these guys from Mexico _Sliver_ and Albion Vega who were part of a fan fic mafia and fapped hard to Shaka. That he could beat Goku, Superman, Batman and The Animaniacs with no problem.

Mexicans are retards.

The Mexican love for superpowered poo in loos goes all the way back to Kaliman.

So, Manhattan >>>>>> Barbathos?

The version of Clark that won a Pulitzer didn't write about Superman. Idiot.

But Kaliman is not a poo. He is a mudslime.

Heck I wonder what would the guy who made Apu banned would think of Shaka. Would he also find him offensive that a Indian national looks like a beautiful escandinavian man?

Or like Mexicans would he like it being in the closet he wishes to look like him?

That's not true, they have the stupid Shaka vs Saga vs Aioria thing

Saitama still takes on street level stuff as well. Dude doesn't care if the threat is massive or minuscule, he's given up on the desire for a challenge and just does his job as a hero. The motivation for why he did it may be dumb but he still does it all the same. I actually prefer Saitama over Supes because despite his grotesque power he can be equal parts heroic and assholish but doesn't let the assholishness affect the little guy.

Saitama only kills bad guys out of boredeom and is only superheroing to look for a challenging fight like Goku. He literally couldnt care about some random fodder civilian like Superman would.

Quite possibly yes. He got a huge, HUGE power boost by traveling to DC. Watchmen Doc couldn't figure out time travel. Doomsday Clock Doc can not only time travel but HYPERtimetravel.

How the fuck does Aioria even is considered that powerful? Ok yeah I know Shion did not wanted Saga as he knew Saga was insane, but I am sure there were other guys more suited to be next in the line. Why not Shaka, Mu or even Camus?

Deathmask too due to the afterlife things, but if he had a problem with Saga, why not with the Sicilian shit with an odd name who kills children for fun?

Yes, he did. His big scoop that landed him his job was an exclusive on Superman.

ANd I know it is poltwise but why the fuck didn´t just Airoria use his damn armor? But heck even without it he would had been still pretty strong to beat a 7 year old psychotic Spaniard, who oddly was a tall adult.

And does Athena just gets born out of thin air? At least with Poseidon and Hades, we know they need to posses some kids but did Athena had parents or do they kill them once she is born?

Oh and Saitama is government too. But why is he so damn dumb? The guy used to be a salaryman, for it you at least need to be somewhat smart.

The scene when he "fights" Shaka before he is brainwashed, that's their prroof

That doesn't actually break any journalist rules on disclosure and sources. You can legit interview yourself under another name.

Well if Mu had been the next Pope, it would probably be considered nepotism but Mu is basically Shaka-light.

Damn I always mix their names, I meant Aiolos the Sagitarius guy, he was next for Pope but he along side his brother; Milo and maybe Shura are mid tier. Bottom tier are Aphrodite, Deathmask and Huehue, Upper tier are Mu, Shaka and I dare to say Camus considering crymancers could be overpowerful considering the Iceman theories.

Saitama admitted that hero work wasn't fulfilling like he thought it would be and still does the job all the same. I'm not saying he's a better person that Clarke, just that I prefer him.
>He literally couldnt care about some random fodder civilian like Superman would.
He saved a kid from being crushed by a car, saved a family that was nearly crushed by debris caused by another hero he was fighting (thought admittedly he almost knocked more debris on them by accident) and saved guy that was gonna jump to his death. The last one is particularly poignant since unlike a hero on the ground who was trying to do it to look good he just calmly talked to the guy like a person and grabbed him when he slipped then told the guy if he wanted to try it again to do it on a roof where he was. In addtion to that he also defeated a monster that attacked the police station and slapped on a police uniform to give them the credit when he found out that someone at the association demanded they beg for assistance and he realized how much they hated being seen as obsolete. Again, dude's an asshole and tends to be a bit oblivious but he at least has the wherewithal to be a good person when it matters.

Saitama only registered after he was told about the association. Prior to that he just slapped villains' shit and went about his day.

Still eventually became government. Or is the association a private enterprise thing?

Private enterprise i'm guessing since it relies on donations to run.

We could go that Saint Seiya, the Sailor Senshi and Soul Society are esotheric/fantasy/supernatural so they are not exactly an "Earthly" thing like a government. Though Soul Society really is a government. But not like those from real life Earth.

Plus Ichigo is like a vigilante right?

Or is it both, something private-government like?

I want to say they're a private buisiness since most of their stuff is paid for via donations and rent from rich fucks that want to live in the same housing complex as heroes. They get all of their tech and infrastructure from one of their top heroes who charges them exorbitant fees so presumably all of the money goes to that and paychecks.

Who knows for certain? In the latest issues a new organization cropped up as competition so it's possibly a buisiness like any other

The Sailor Senshi come from a lost civilization, but it is no longer an adhering government. So basically they are vigilantes.

Then again, in the future they become the government so they no longer are vigilantes.

But I keep wondering how the rest of the world is like with Usagi being the queen of Crystal Tokyo?

Posting this should be a bannable offense. On Yea Forums or Yea Forums or Yea Forums you never see shit about movie adaptations or shit completely seperate from the medium(s) this board is about. But no, here it's always movies about comics or video games about comics or shit attempts at shitposting about comics, but never any talk about comics. It pisses me off.

Yea Forums is full of mcuso'y fags who never touched a comic book in their life, what else is new?

Ban 'em. They are here to talk about movies, not comic books, not cartoons.

At least the MCU is an adaptation of the comics, this shit is just fucking manga it´s not related at all.

Goddamn u edgy.