Why did this go nowhere?

Why did this go nowhere?

Attached: Too_Far_(Amedot)-_SU.png (1920x1090, 1.37M)

the same reason a lot of stuff doesn't go anywhere in this show, bad writing or disinterest in following up on something

Attached: 1560460797407.png (808x1920, 648K)

Amethyst isn't interested in relationships from what I've seen. The two have definitely grown closer since then though.

Because Lapidot.

I thought Amy and Greg were an item

it wasn't mean to go anywhere, it's just retarded waifufags latching onto peridot as if she was meant to be important.

Because Lauren Puke

Exactly. It doesn't help that the show likes to make certain audience THINK something is going to happen, though. But all shows do that in some way or another. Drama is good for ratings, after all.

It was something only one storyboarder did that had no impact on the greater story

Zuke wanted to put in a shipping episode before quickly moving into Peridot and Lapis because that was easier and more convenient since they’re closer to each other in the barn

Shame that Peridot and Lapis never had any actual romantic chemistry or even chemistry in general (especially with it being revealed that Peridot's goofy shit during S3+S4 was an act to placate Lapis). Hell, Bismuth had more chemistry with Peridot in Reunited and that was one episode.

Because some sperg on the show had to shoe horn in their stupid Lapidot bullshit.

Lapidot is objectively the most grossly overrated ship in the entire SU fandom. It did not deserve to become canon.
Yes I AM mad.

I half expected her to show up on homeworld in a giant battle suit Bismuth made her.

It's okay, it's never becoming canon now that it was uprooted and destroyed and that Zuke has fucked off and homeless somewhere.

Attached: fuck off puke.jpg (645x436, 91K)

Well we had this at least

Attached: Change_Your_Mind_322.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

I unironicaly feel empathy for her regarding what she said in this pic.

Attached: stupid zuke.png (689x1020, 123K)

What a peice of shit. You write how the characters would act, not how you WANT them to act.

Because SU is gay

Yeah. But I mean like Minimus Ambus/Ultra Magnus type deal. On that note; Why didn't they replace her limb enhancers once she changed sides? She's pretty useless in a fight without them.

You feel empathy for her? She called Sugar an abusive boss, she abused and manipulated a 17 year old revisionist to sleep with her and love bombed her, she's a fucking horrible person

Sometimes I'm not sure if I hate Lapidot purely because it's a bad ship that doesn't work (which it is) or because I used to be a huge Pearlapisfag.

No Lapis ship worked after Malachite, or at least so soon after Malachite.
She is shoved out one fusion representing a toxic relationship and is moving in with Peridot in the next episode, it's just bad writing. Pearlapis is cool though despite them never interacting

>Peridot's goofy shit during S3+S4 was an act to placate Lapis
That's some dumb bullshit to cover for Flanderizing a character.

Because the crew is lazy as fuck and couldn't be assed to animate it anymore.

Attached: 1560135073610.png (1612x930, 767K)

Why should it have? Seriously... It's not like Sugar isn't getting enough rainbow-brownie points with Ruby/Sapphire/Garnet and having Pearl be a turbo-lesbo for Rose/Pink Diamond.

More like you're mad you have nothing to use against the show anymore.

Because steven/peridot is the superior ship

I like Steven as a character, but not allowing the different character dynamics to blossom or develop without him being there to witness it has always been a problem for the show.

Attached: 674575.png (991x1920, 1.01M)

Because it wasn't intended by Rebecca, and was literally shoehorned in by Lauren Zuke, former head Storyboard artist, because she's a psychotic shipper.

That's a consequence of the forced POV for you. I don't think it hurts the show as much as people do and I'm amazed that Lapis is like the only main character not to be fully developed yet with that in place, but if you were to give me the option of removing it I'd do so in a heartbeat.

Amethyst and Peridot had such a great dynamic, not because of romance. Amethyst as a free spirit hanging out with a curious and enthusiastic Peridot has such great chemistry, instead of Peridot dealing with a depressed cunt.

Shame we never saw them together that often

>Blaming Zuke for Lapidot.

People shipped Peridot and Lapis before we even knew anything about their personalities.

Attached: 342.jpg.png (1000x640, 220K)

No? I stopped watching back in season 3. I'm just saying that's some garbage.

>Storyboard artists should allow themselves to be influenced by nobodies drawing fanart on the internet

Attached: shiteating.png (480x270, 252K)

everyone was shipped with everyone
this is just what fanbases do

>expecting anything to be meaningfully resolved in SU

it is a shame cause Amedot actually had good chemistry

Attached: 1406003883528.jpg (459x329, 17K)

Why should I care about your opinion then? It's not informed, you've missed tons of character development and other details. So yes you are just mad because you've lost an easy way to shit on the show. Fuck off.

She wasn't Flanderized, that's blowing up one trait to becoming the cardinal trait until they're a one-note joke. Peridot was fully a serious threat that got turned into comic relief. It isn't the first narrative to have something like this happen and honestly, the trope deserves a name.

Sideshow-Bobization?

>any-villain-in-DBZ-ization

>Peridot was fully a serious threat that got turned into comic relief.

She wasn't

this. She was a moderate threat for 2 episodes before jasper took over, and even back then she had comedic moments. After jailbreak, the gems had jasper and the diamonds as proper villains, so she just went full on comic villain.

Lapidot fans seem to have gotten incredibly entitled despite the show basically completely bombing their ship, though.

But I don't want to shit on the show. I'm just saying that, if it is as described there (suddenly revealing that the inconsistent character writing was "just a ruse, bro!"), that's some bullshit. You don't have to be so dramatic just because someone thinks a thing they heard is dumb.

>that's blowing up one trait to becoming the cardinal trait until they're a one-note joke.
Peridot went from an eccentric today to a full blown wacky, catchphrase spewing meme. I think that counts, at least up through season 4.

They basically retconned it after the dumb bitch who was being super pushy about it got fired.

Why is the staff of SU so emotionally manipulative?

I don't get the peridot one. Is she supposed to be naked?

Wait, what did she get fired for?

Peridot and Lapis both suffered because the other existed. Sugar should have whacked her staff over the head and said "pick one because we can only develop one of them properly".

Imagine all of the stupid barn episodes being replaced with either Lapis or Peridot becoming the full-fledged fifth member of the Crystal Gems, with equal screentime and importance to the original three and Steven.

>(especially with it being revealed that Peridot's goofy shit during S3+S4 was an act to placate Lapis)
When did that happen

Why are all the voice actresses Filipino

amethyst is garbage, who would want to pair any character to a literal pig midget niggress