Rumored details on the dueling THE FLASH scripts

It is known the current directors of The Flash, John Goldstein and John Daley, wrote a light, fun script that Warner is very happy with, but Ezra Miller wanted a darker story and wrote his own script with Grant Morrison. Rumor has it Warner passed on it and now Miller is going to drop out of the movie. Some rumored plot details for both scripts have been floating around, which sounds better?

Goldstein/Daley script
>Barry meets Eobard Thawne and they actually become friends and fight the Rogues together.
>Thawne is a time traveler who went back in time to learn from the Flash, but ended up arriving earlier than intended.
>Movie explores how Thawne went from Barry's admirer to his greatest enemy in real time instead of leaving it as backstory like the other pitches.
>The Rogues' tech comes from the future as well and enhances their bodies instead of being just guns.

Miller/Morrison
>Barry tries to save his dead mom through time travel and accidentally frees Thawne from the Speed Force.
>Barry has to team up with Jay Garrick to stop Thawne from killing Flashes across the Multiverse to destroy the Speed Force or something like that.
>Lots of alt-Flashes featured, leading up to a big battle between Thawne and an army Flashes.
>In the end Barry realizes he has to let Thawne kill his mom so he's defeated in the future.

From the sound of things, the directors' script is safer and easier to follow, while Miller's is an overtly ambitious deep dive into mindbending time travel/parallel universions from the comics.

Attached: Flash.jpg (700x442, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/does-ezra-millers-casting-as-a-superhero-mean-that-hollywood-is-finally-opening-up-to-casting-openly-9874904.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also, Goldstein and Daley apparently want to cast Billy Magnussen as Thawne, regardless of whether Miller stays or leaves.

Attached: Reverse Flash.png (1013x571, 865K)

Miller's one sounds like the third act of a trilogy. Making Flash go up against such a threat in the first one would make everything else seem lame.

If this was pitched before Into the Spider-Verse, WB would’ve definitely said no. But since this is after that movie, they’re either very stubborn/dumb or scared people would accuse the Miller/Morrison script as a rip off of Into the Spider-Verse

>Miller's is an overtly ambitious deep dive into mindbending time travel/parallel universions from the comics.
Someone posted a summary here already. It's just really basic comic book bullshit. It's a kind of by the numbers save the multiverse story. Morrison really held himself back.

I really liked him as the idiot in Game Night. But I’ve never seen him in a serious role, maybe he’s so good that he can work with any script. But I’m not sure if he could play Thawne

If the rumors about a new separate DCEU are true, there's no reason for WB to not use Flashpoint to merge both universes.

It would 100% be the smartest thing DC ever could do.

Which is why they will never do it.

We could have gotten morrisonkino

Attached: 1561435776384.png (657x527, 29K)

as long as they do Eobard right I'm happy. I'm shallow like that

Watch "Maniac". He can pull it off.

I like Jay Garrick but the first seems better.

His forehead looks high enough. That's a plus.

>>Barry meets Eobard Thawne and they actually become friends and fight the Rogues together.
>>Thawne is a time traveler who went back in time to learn from the Flash, but ended up arriving earlier than intended.
>>Movie explores how Thawne went from Barry's admirer to his greatest enemy in real time instead of leaving it as backstory like the other pitches.

I like theses.

>>The Rogues' tech comes from the future as well and enhances their bodies instead of being just guns.

I wouldn't mind this THAT much. I hope the technology still leaves them to be relatively normal. Like, I'd be fine if Captain Cold would just have a resistance to cold.

That's where I'm standing. Weather its Eobard, Grodd or the Rouges I just want them done well

The only reason I can't see them recasting Miller is because the wokecrowd would have WB's heads on a stick for firing "OMG the 1st LGBT superhero actor!!" without him getting his movie
I can already see the rage tweets

he gives blowjobs in Get Shorty

>which sounds better?
Neither, but a mash up sounds good

>young Eobard goes back in time to learn from Flash
>they fight Rogues and other baddies, but are eluded by a mysterious speedster until the end
>finale of film is the reveal that future Eobard is the villain they just defeated, sending young Eobard off in a fury to start the time loop

>Like, I'd be fine if Captain Cold would just have a resistance to cold.
That would just be Mr. Freeze

Into the Spider-Verse didn't invent movies about parallel realities.

BUT MUH MARVEL!!!!

I thought they cancelled the DCEU? Does anyone actually know what movies are coming out? Didn't they throw The Batman in the trash?

Attached: 342.jpg (608x342, 21K)

But normies and MarvelvsDC retards would get into a fit over it

#MyFlash

Attached: D-EX803U8AA1-2n.jpg (597x839, 71K)

Attached: lipstick.jpg (1024x1024, 79K)

would facefuck

me too

Attached: lipstick.jpg (1024x1216, 117K)

>I thought they cancelled the DCEU?
They kinda' did.

>Does anyone actually know what movies are coming out?
100% certain? Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman 2, Suicide Squad 2, The Batman, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2 and Black Adam.

Then you have The Flash, Green Lantern Corps, Supergirl, New Gods, The Trench, Shazam VS. Black Adam, Plastic Man and Blue Beetle in the pipeline.

>Didn't they throw The Batman in the trash?
Affleck left, but Batman fights on.

>and enhances their bodies instead of being just guns
FUCK. THAT. NOISE.

>My name is Barry Allen, and I'm the fastest dilator alive.

But now people think it was a Marvel idea.
Again, thats happen when you are stuck with Superman and Batman for decades and you give no fucks about other potential characters

First one sounds more fun.

I want xim to be my qt gf

Attached: 0D1358EA-99DB-4928-875A-B66E86902055.jpg (634x951, 417K)

I'm a huge Morrison fag but it really sounds like a bad idea for a comic book movie.

>miller wants to walk because his ow the edge script got rejected
What's with everyone named Miller or Millar being edgy faggots?

Damn Ezra looks like that???!

It's shopped
He has a better ass and legs than that

Attached: 1561659571808.jpg (687x687, 85K)

Is every Flash movie thread going to be derailed by this one user's raging Ezraboner?

>he thinks it’s one person

BRAP
R
A
P

You're not fooling anyone.

He's not the first lgbt superhero actor, so no.

Jeez Morrison calm down.
also that ending is a bit dark...Like i get the ending but should have it so Flash can save his mom

>not using my awesome fan script
SERIOUSLY WB????

Attached: creepythinMan.jpg (2000x1428, 854K)

Then who is?

Yes, he was:
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/does-ezra-millers-casting-as-a-superhero-mean-that-hollywood-is-finally-opening-up-to-casting-openly-9874904.html
>This month US actor Ezra Miller made history when he became the first openly LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender) actor to be cast as a superhero in a major studio film.

>>>The Rogues' tech comes from the future as well and enhances their bodies instead of being just guns.

>I wouldn't mind this THAT much. I hope the technology still leaves them to be relatively normal. Like, I'd be fine if Captain Cold would just have a resistance to cold.

they would just be the new 52 versions of the rogues, where the did just have their weapons absorbed into their body

IMO, it's easy for men to get praised for genderbending/being feminine when they already have masculine features to begin with.

Ezra Miller's got a Chad jawline, and he's in shape. He can wear a lipstick and a dress, and girls will go "OMG, it's so sexy when a man isn't afraid to be girly!"

Now picture some skinnyfat dude with gynecomastia, a round, feminine face, and chunky thighs doing the trying to do the same thing. Nobody would find this "cool" or "attractive."

David Bowie? Prince? Young Boy George? They have license to "challenge gender roles" because there is no question of their masculinity to begin with.

>The Rogues' tech comes from the future as well and enhances their bodies instead of being just guns.
pass

He’s not a chad, he has a meth addict jaw and the rest of his face looks faggoty

Eh, guess we'll find out, but I don't believe these articles anymore without something a little more substantial. Last we heard Ezra was confirming he wasn't going anywhere, and now thus turns up? There is an active media campaign to cast doubt on anything and everything not femeale led in the DCU at the moment. It's weird as fuck and I have no idea who could possibly be behind it.

Attached: DisneySmear.jpg (1352x903, 385K)

Someone on Twitter posted this and there's also people that said they were going to ask Ezra about Flash tonight in LA as well

Attached: 1561681503613.png (640x643, 535K)

>There is an active media campaign to cast doubt on anything and everything not femeale led in the DCU at the moment.

Except for The Batman. And Shazam. And Aquaman. And Black Adam.

Maybe they're "casting doubt" on The Flash because it is a shitshow of a production with an uncertain future.

And if he confirms that he is still on board and it's all fake, there will be another 'leak' next week. It's like clockwork.

Except there have been negative spins on all of those leading up to them? The sad fact is that, even if all this stuff is true, most of it gets instantly dismissed because there is some rumor like this every week.

Believe me, I agree with you - it's frustrating that there's all this disinfo/anecdote surrounding this project almost constantly but for me it makes me feel better to see or hear directly from the star/person making the movie that things are still chugging along.

>Except there have been negative spins on all of those leading up to them?

Shitposting on Yea Forums isn't a "negative spin" on things.

Yeah, it does. I can't imagine they'd really think this would be a good idea for a first movie. Hell, if the other script ends with Thawne trapped, it could lead into the Miller script naturally.

How many times were we reassured Affleck was still Batman?

People have a reason for being skeptical of this kind of stuff.

Did we hear consistently over and over directly from Affleck himself though?

Slott's spiderverse was a copy of the superman army which borrowed the concept from Flash of Two Worlds.
Flash is literally the multiverse guy.

No.

And neither have we from Ezra. He hasn't spoken about the movie since the report about his conflict with the directors first hit.

See: Vahn got arrangements to do an interview with him, and like I said in the next few days we should have more stuff from Twitter about people who are asking him about it