Kuvira did literally nothing wrong...

Kuvira did literally nothing wrong. Republic City should have been founded in the Northern Air Temple since it was already on the path of technological advancement and Aang would have already had the rights to the land.

Attached: kuvira.png (676x388, 305K)

The entire point of the Republic was to provide independence for the Colonies that had grown culturally distinct from both the Fire Nation and Earth kingdom

That land had been a sovereign land for decades, Kuvira had a decent claim to the Earth Kingdom states she stabilized but she was neither appointed to nor assisting the Republic

Going after RC was sorta wrong given what it was it was meant for. She was totally fine taking all the territories she reclaimed from the EK Anarchy Fallout though.

>approving of communism

How about, no?

I was rooting for her for most of the season until she had to go full-dictator in the end.

The world probably didn't need a giant robot with spirit-fueled nuclear capabilities.

Attached: 658746587.jpg (800x400, 58K)

Amon was a communist.
How was Kuvira a communist? She was a military dictator, but one that was better than fucking Prince Wu.

>Korraposting

and?

Attached: 1545939683677.jpg (682x1024, 118K)

Didn't she have reeducation camps? God, what a shit season.

It was told, it was never shown.
As you say, shit season.

>I was rooting for her for most of the season until she had to go full-dictator in the end
So like Dany from Game of Thrones

Even Kuvira's evilness was handled better than that. I don't think anything can compare to how poorly that character turn went down

But I was rooting for my boy Stannis. Not that HBO fans gave a shit when the show fucked over his character.

>nomads
>rights to land

Attached: 1545230110226.jpg (1987x3056, 1.76M)

Only SJWs and Incels were rooting for Danny after she crucified the masters. Lowering yourself to the same level of your enemies does not make you a good person.
The true best choice for king. After his death I wasn't really on any side, just watching to see what would happen.

Land can still be culturally distinct to a certain people even if they don't stay in one place. Like, who was gonna say the mongols didn't own the steppes they traveled across
Faggot

This. Dany had "handlers". She was surrounded by people who were dedicated to making sure she didn't go full retard. The moment those handlers were gone or dead she did exactly what they were telling her not to do for years.

>believing the official story
The real reason was to create a buffer state between the FN and EK. Aang was actually a shrewd statesman.

Book Stannis is great. Show Stannis was just kind of an asshole that did what Melisandre wanted.

>who was gonna say the mongols didn't own the steppes they traveled across

china. china was gonna say that

Kuvira slave route when

>Dany is a monster for crucifying slavers who crucified hundreds of children for no reason!
>oh but Stannis, Mr. I'll-Burn-You-If-You-Don't-Follow-My-Cooky-Religion, is fine
mhm

To the comic's credit they're giving her a potential redemption arc and hopefully acknowledging that there's a chance that Suyin might not be perfect.

>Cooky-Religion
That religion brought both Jon Snow and Beric back from the dead and aided in fighting the Nigh King's army.

This And they did so several times both to the mongols and their predecessors. Fortunately the Mongols understood no one has a natural claim to land and that claims can only be made and maintained by force, that is why they were so adept to conquering themselves.

Melisandre didn't know what the hell she was doing for the entire time she knew Stannis, not really

>Kuvira love route when
Fixed.

There's also the fact that Mel's CURSE-YE-HAME-HAAAAA with the leeches did coincide with the deaths desired occurring and Shireen's burning turned the weather, and the whole shadow assassin shit

Red Priests can be pretty fucked up, but their shit works pretty well

Have they though?
If the hangoff from the last bit of Ruins of the Empire about getting Toph to run for election is just a red herring you might be onto something, but I refuse to have much in the way of hope particularly since they've gutted all tension with showing Guan is using brainwashing which removes any possibility of him actually winning and providing real conflict to the heroes' plans
for democracy

>Mr. I'll-Burn-You-If-You-Don't-Follow-My-Cooky-Religion
That didn't happen in the books though.

>Suyin might not be perfect.
What comic did you read? Because in the one I read things were heading to a Beifong wank.

Stannis would have been the best choice for king. A man like iron is what the iron throne needed at that time.

Attached: 1488130117473.jpg (499x1405, 293K)

Except Yunkai and Astapor DID fall into disorder after she left the vicinity

A Toph wank.

...Who is a Beifong and a resolute Suyin dindu nuffinist

Stannis was never going to win though, GRRM specifically made it a plot point how much the Tyrells hate Stannis they're obviously rather back the Lannisters over him like what happens and Stannis flat out told Catelyn he wanted Robb's head for crowning himself. If Stannis didn't kill Renly than the Lannisters would have lost the war.

Kuvira is best when punished, the only korra girl I want a love route for is lin

You mean if Renly wasn't such a fucking faggot and worked together with his brother the Lannisters would have lost.
He had no right whatsoever and Stannis made the best offer that could be made under these circumstances.

I disagree with punishing Kuvira, but I wholeheartedly agree with Lin. Would be happier with love route Lin then love route Kuvira desu.

They've already failed in the first issue though

The only reason the Tyrells backed Renly at all was because he was making a claim, if Renly backed Stannis than the Tyrells would work with the Lannisters and get power through a Joffrey marriage. Backing Stannis would net nothing except potentially losing the Reach and the North. This is especially true in the books where Cersei's incest is a lot less common knowledge, meaning in the eyes of the realm Stannis has no more claim than Renly, and Stannis spent a long time in Dragonstone ignoring ravens only crowning himself and spreading the truth after Renly has already crowned himself and moving on King's Landing.

>Kuvira did nothing wrong

She put her mixed race citizens into gulags for shits and giggles, and claimed the only reason she ever committed so many atrocities was because

>WAAAAAAH I'm an orphan WAAAAAAAH

In a world where ironically enough, everyone and their mum is an orphan.

>Build her own city
>Provide a high standard of living for her people
>Wants to avoid external politics
>Avoids temptation to become the new Earth Queen

Suyin literally did nothing wrong, and all you crybabies who wanted her to "help out" miss the point.

Attached: file.png (860x442, 463K)

>Starts doing crime for no other reason than boredom/to stick it to her mother
>Mutilates her sister
>gets off completely scott free
>Whines about the Earth Queen being bad and the Monarchy outdated while sitting in her Platinum Tower
>Refuses to lead the stabilization forces, even though it was an explicitly temporary position
>Doesn't even make efforts like taking in refugees because her perfect city is only open for those that offer her something (wanted criminals are fine as long as they build technology for her). At least the Air Nomads were helping where they could
>REEEEs at Kuvira multiple times for taking the initiative
>Violates a ceasefire and tries to kill Kuvira in her sleep
>Show's the most abhorrent type of nepotism when she instantly forgives her biological child that had done all Kuvira had and more, and for no other reason than childish resentment towards his parents, but constantly browbeats Kuvira about needing to be punished and "take responsibility"

Lol nah, FUCK that bitch

>Stuff she did as a kid
Nice. Classy.
>Stabilization forces
Do you chew the propaganda first or just swallow it whole?
>her perfect city is only open for those that offer her something
You see, when adults do business, they generally want a mutually beneficial exchange.
>REEEEs at Kuvira multiple times for taking the initiative
Because any idiot could see that giving sole executive, military and judicial power to a single force would be a bad idea, even if it did have benevolent intent.
>And doesn't want to lock up her son for the rest of his life
What a monster.

>>And doesn't want to lock up her son for the rest of his life
She also browbeats Kuvira with the fact that she took her in as an orphan, so where's that parental love now?
Get off the internet, Suyin

Is it ethical to impregnate a tomboy like Toph?

Attached: toph.png (500x364, 189K)

>Kuvira did literally nothing wro

Attached: CRUEL ANGEL'S THESIS INTENSIFIES.png (1920x1080, 1.29M)

Just imagine how many bending-proof mecha infantry she could have built with the platinum and just putting the spirit cannon on a big tank

Even the Earth queen said that Avatar Aang abused her father's weak-willed nature to take Earth Kingdom land for RC, Kuivara was right to want to take it for complete reunification

S4 was bad and Kuvira was not appropriate as a final antagonist. She belongs on the second season, at best.

Attached: tumblr_ngttdv8hmA1t4noavo1_r1_1280.jpg (1280x1811, 446K)

>The Earth Queen
>A reliable source of information

This is coming from the bitch that reinstated the Dai Li, after they comitted three different kinds of high treason? The own who was taxing her poorest citizens to death, while letting the rich ones pander about? The one whose entire grip on power was so insecure, some randomer talking into a microphone telling citizens to riot toppled an entire regime?

It was already contentious land, considering people of mixed heritage and citizenship had been living there for a century before Aang did anything, making it into an Independent Republic that no nation could invade without pissing off the other three was the wisest choice.

The Avatar is always abusing and manipulating world politics. The worst part is Bending IS UNATURAL, the AVATAR literally caused the world to become a place of constant conflict and HAS built a cult of personality around themselves declaring their VIEWS to be right.

Korra for fucks sake started a Civil War, freed a War Criminal, attempted to have her girlfriend supply another nation with weapons and have the weapons built in a neutral sovereign nation, and worse. The Avatar is a menace who needs to be destroyed and Benders are responsible for everything wrong with the world alongside the Spirits who need to be genocided.

AMON WAS RIGHT AND DID NOTHING WRONG!

Attached: The_Legend_of_Korra_The_Art_of_the_Animated_Series_Book_One_Air_125.jpg (1280x1707, 333K)

She was always a dictator. Its only when she felt secure in power did she decide to let her fash flag fly.

Pretty sure firing a spirit weapon at civilians was a no no.

>She was always a dictator.
I don't know, I think there's a difference between a leader demanding fealty from the districts that she's feeding and protecting from bandits, and a leader that's in the process of nuking random cities to expand their territory.

Though I guess I usually forget about her "camps" because we never actually see them.

That proves the masters right, not Daenerys "Operation Iraqi Freedom" Targaryen

that's what I'm saying, the image dialog is one of those pics where the person who made it is trying to be clever and point out what "should" have been said but exactly all of the issues he thinks he's highlighting ARE addressed in the show, just not in clunky dialog like that

Only if you're worthy.

She should have been the secondary protagonist of season 3, with season 4 having Korra realize that the only way Kuvira could have had so much success was by really shady and evil dealings.

Agreed, kuvira and the dark avatar were the least interesting villains

>feeding and protecting from bandits
Everyone speculated that she was sourcing those bandits, but we never actually got confirmation of that on the show.

>both of the fathers are literal whos

No, because while you have a chance of making a lin, you might instead father a suyin, actively making the world a worse place

how dare you disrespect Wang Fire like that.

Not true. The Tyrells had been working with Renly already, at the book start, to convince Robert to put aside Cersei and marry Marge instead, also making Renly the new Hand. Renly all but tells Ned this when he shows him Marge's portrait and asks if she looks like Lyanna and if Robert would like her.

This plan only makes sense if they knew that Cersei was an adulteress and the "royal heirs" all abominations, since Westeros has annulment, not divorce, and you can't annul your marriage if you have kids (since having kids is pretty damning evidence that you consummated your marriage and it's legitimate...unless you prove that the kids aren't yours). If Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen can't be de-legitimized, then you are setting up for a new Dance when Prince Joffrey inherits the throne and decides to take revenge on his half-siblings by Marge.

The entire royal court knew about the incest: Jon Arryn, Littlefinger, Varys, Pycelle, Stannis, and eventually Ned. Renly knew it too, otherwise his pre-Robert's-regicide plan is nonsensical. Cersei just sprung her murder-plot before Marge was old enough for Renly to spring his plot, so instead he flees the court and declares war. When Stannis sends his letters, so much of the realm believes it that the church is actually seized by a reformist, populist faction (Sparrows) that set a trap to put Cersei on trial for adultery, incest, and murder, and the entire realm accepts this as legitimate by the church instead of treason, and this is AFTER the Lannisters seemingly won the civil war and consolidated power.

Remember, Mace Tyrell just wants a grandson on the Iron Throne -- he doesn't care how. If Renly and Mace back Stannis, there is a super-easy power sharing arrangement: Stannis King, Renly Hand, and Mace's crippled, unmarried son&heir Willas marries princess Shireen. Now neverming grandson, Mace puts his SON on the throne when Stannis dies. But Renly had to be selfish and screw it all up.

Ah, I understand. You make a good point.

unrelated but I just wanna chime in how completely livid I am that in the show Sansa just decides to walk the North away from the Kingdom and yet the fucking Queen of the Iron Islands and the Prince of Dorne don't say another fucking word

Kuvira is more like Chiang Kai-shek

Attached: d20.jpg (757x496, 168K)

Best antagonist coming through.

Attached: None shall interfere.jpg (855x480, 198K)

First Post Based Post

Kuvira was obviously Metal Mussolini. She's the definition of fascism.

>This plan only makes sense if they knew that Cersei was an adulteress and the "royal heirs" all abominations
That doesn't mean Renly knew about the incest, there's no implication whatsoever that he knew and we basically see his reaction to learning about it. All Renly wanted was to kick Cersei to the curb, he knew how venomous she was, Robert may have obliged if he thought Margaery looked enough like Lyanna. Renly didn't want to depose Cersei's children just Cersei. He initially wanted to take Joffrey into his custody with Ned's help because he thought he was the true heir.

I will rage if Suyin becomes president of Earth Republic/NotKingdom.

look in all honesty Republic city wasn't doing well even under the council.
Also just gonna post the best banner

Attached: best banner.png (525x177, 134K)

she's an Ayn Rand character

I was loving Kuvira because she was pure ambition and willpower, then she went "abloobloobloo muh lack of parents" and the season shat the bed real hard.

Look around. All humans ever have such motivations. People don't become the way they are for no reason, especially the exceptional people.