Post the most overrated cartoons

I'll start. Avater "This is anime tier and above the level of lowly western cartoons" The Last Airbender. You'll be hardpressed to find a fan that also doesn't binge mainstream anime. Legend of Korka is even worse

Attached: Avatar_12_HR_01-56a00ca93df78cafda9fd17c.jpg (768x513, 36K)

Shit thread.

100% correct

Attached: tumblr_inline_oj1cfv5mmb1sear5f_1280~01~01.png (640x480, 334K)

Attached: 1553718468352.jpg (680x680, 51K)

I agree completely but not going into it is being dishonest so let me break it down.
>premise of the story is a 12 year old pacifist monk must account for ruining the world due to being a coward. Does this by mastering four magic powers so he can kill a king and end a 100 year war
The problem with this is it is a show for children. The story does not deliver on any of these things.
>make up for 100 years of war
Aang never deals with this properly, nor does he ever accept his failure in a mature way.
>learn the four magics of his world
He learns them but does not need them, by the end he uses his innate blessing (the avatar state) to do the job for him, rendering the majority of his "struggle" pointless.
>kill the king
He does not have to make up for his failure in this way. He is given a dues ex machina right before his fight, which again, renders his struggles pointless.

Beyond this the majority of the characters are poorly written. Almost none have arcs and the few that do back peddle immensely when it comes down to it. Most rely on raw characterization and nothing more. Simplicity and nothing else, a story for children with child-like characters.

Ultimately it is not a problem that a story is written for children but this stories premise is a poor choice for such a demographic. We see characters like Zuko struggling to show the pain and horror of being a forsaken son who has never felt right in the world only for it to be undercut with childish humor. We see Aang twisting the monks teaching into a form of abhorrent nihilism and grief at the loss of his closest friend only for it to be ruined by drug humor. Moments where Toph is forced to realize she left her parents to join a war. A war where men die and there is nothing she or anyone else can do about it, only for it to be again, undercut with a cheap joke about ambiguity.

If you want to make a children's story then do that. If you want to speak on war and a mans struggle, then do that. Don't do both.

Attached: 1544418234881.jpg (640x480, 37K)

I agree that korra is worse but booth of them are still not overrated. Those are two of the best cartoons and they are 100% not anime

fuck off animefag

>both of them are not overrated
The last airbender is certainly overrated by adults.
Anime is a marketing term, it's not unreasonable for someone to claim Avatar as a product sold itself on its obvious eastern influence.

I don't care what any Adventure Time fan says, this shit started the second Dark Age of Animation.

Attached: AdventureTime.jpg (2500x1406, 431K)

avatar would be 10/10 if it didn't look like anime.

Why?

westerners aping anime instead of coming up with their own art style is lazy.

Its an odd stance to take. "Western" animation is worlds more diverse and unique than anime as a demographic. The fact "western" animation encapsulates dozens of different styles and cultures doesn't mean Avatar as an animation is being reductive, its inclusive to that style as a whole.

>westerners aping anime instead of coming up with their own art style is lazy.
I hate this shitty modern trend of "Muh culture"
Look at pic related, is Genghis Motherfucking Khan. He and his family created the largest contiguous empire the world has ever seen. You know how he did that? By taking everyones elses stuff. What stuff you ask? EVERYTHING. From territory, riches and food to culture, technology and fucking people.
You think people own their culture and everything that comes with it? Wrong. Genghis made it clear that it's up for the taking the same everything else is.
What does all this means? That you should take everything good you find for yourself and exploit it in your favor.
You think appropriating other people's stuff is wrong? Enjoy losing everything, faggot.
You think is morally despicable? 0,5% of the population of the world shares this motherfucker's DNA. What has your Judeo-Christian morals done for you apart from making you a massive faggot?

Attached: Genghis_BigDick_Khan.jpg (800x533, 47K)

We have this bait every week.

Why do you keep making this thread? Yea Forums will never lose its love for Avatar, it’s one of the best cartoons ever made. You are getting as bad as Famicom/WITCHfag.

>speaks on Christianity being small time compared to a guy who is related to 0.5 percent of the population
>when Christianity is 33%~ of the total population of earth
Whats the take away here exactly? A true Christian knows the only kingdom is the kingdom of God. What would some heathen lord matter when compared to that?

Why do you think it's one person?

Because it’s the same complaint worded the same way and nobody ever agrees. It’s always the same “If you like Avatar you hate animation” poster.

What in god's name are you two blathering on about? It's a children's show for Christ's sake.

>no one agrees
>people literally agreeing ITT
user?

>Christianity is 33%
>It gives nothing to its followers but the promise of death not sucking as much as life.
>Teaches them to be pacifist faggots since fighting for God is now a no-no.
>Christianity is broken in multiple sects that do nothing but bicker between themselves.
>All its holy men are weakling fags who got murked.
Pathetic. No wonder based Islam is troathfucking "your" women.

Attached: 6084b1679f2a613d8bf35dc1d0b3132ebb25ebfe.jpg (658x635, 66K)

You completely missed what I said, but at least you got fired up over it. Passion is important, even if it is misplaced.

*every day
MULTIPLE times a day, often as not

>24 posts, 14 posters
Yes?

Avatar is great. I don't like anime, and Korea is bad.

You said no one agrees with him, and people agree with him. If you are claiming he is same-fagging in his own thread you should know I am one of the people that is in agreement with him and I see others that are not me that also agree with him. Perhaps an anonymous forum isn't your speed.

Perhaps you should stop samefagging your abysmal opinion.

I'm not OP user. Don't know how to be more forward with you.

This scene sucks

Attached: Energybending.png (333x250, 101K)

i dont watch anime. ATLA is amazing.

7/10 for making me react.

that is true, it needed more setup.

remove ''the painted lady'' and add an episode with aang researching another way to defeat ozai.

I don't know if this is a reaction or an answer.

better than most anime, Bryke fortunately kept the show simple and concise rather than going up their own ass as tends to happen with anime

Attached: defeat-pride.png (1750x1024, 1000K)

>better then most anime
Not saying much.