Are you still mad Yea Forums?

Are you still mad Yea Forums?

Attached: Guardian.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Look up any Youtube video that came out before season 5 of the Guardian. See how people were hyped for the rematch before the episode and then see everyone pissed off after it aired.

>did not have anti-Aku sword
>died against Aku

Nah.

Aku is stupid.

Why did no other gods give their champions anti-aku weapons, like alien gods when he was invading their worlds.

The time skip was a good idea, but not at the cost of just skipping over stuff like seeing the Guardian again. If anything there should have been an episode where we finally see him overwhelmed by Aku and he dies by Jack's side or something

woops lol

Attached: The_Guardian....png (300x183, 69K)

A thing can make sense in-universe and still be bad narratively.

Because, as a rule of thumb in fiction, gods are dicks.

No cause I believe Jack will best him in the past, and then go to the future to stop Aku for good.

Not mad, just disappointed.

to save Ashi*

Veryly

Nah, I never cared much for Jack.

>Angry because you're expectations were subverted

Let me guess, you also hated Last Jedi, right?

Stupid, but far from the only thing Genndy fucked up with the last season.
I'm not mad, just disappointed. Especially since everyone could see from the first three episodes Genndy was fully capable of doing a great return finale season and just fucked everything up instead for inexplicable reasons.

Why am I mad? I liked the idea of the guardian failing just not how it was done.

I know it's b8 / a joke, but the difference between subverted expectations done right and this is that it didn't have any clever turn of events that allowed the Guardian getting killed and Jack not being able to use his portal to make sense.
Instead, the magic portal and the Guardian who was standing there guarding the stupid thing for thousands of years on behalf of higher powers meant to make sure nobody except Jack got to use it were all just horrible mistakes. Guardian stopped Jack from using it and *didn't* stop Aku from destroying it, completely defeating the purpose of all his time guarding it and all the noble heroes he murdered in the process of guarding it.

I could care less about the guardian's death. It's the hackneyed romance that sunk the final season.

Also the magic portal showed a future that not only didn't happen, but never even had a chance to happen because Jack was unable to age and it showed Jack as an old man.
So none of it made any sense.

>epic hero finds out it was all for nothing

That's Basic Bitch subversion, dude. If you can't handle something so stock standard and simple...

The real problem is that Genndy is not a writer and he doesn't make script-driven cartoons. The original Samurai Jack was board-driven just like his goofy comedy shorts from the 90s. That's why there were infinite stretches of silence and walking walking walking (I'm aware of the Duck Dodgers joke, but it's true). It was board-driven, meaning visuals first and writing never. The stories were episodic and while there were glimmers of an endgame, like with the Guardian and the vision, it was still a villain of the week series with NO plotting beyond each individual episode.

With season 5, Genndy needed to produce a serialized narrative with character development, growing romance, consequences and payoff. The sort of thing script-driven animation is utilized for. But Genndy only works in board-driven productions, so we got a love interest straight out of Fanfiction.net, dropped plot threads and inconsistent continuity, and a hasty/sloppy resolution that wasn't plotted for shit. Also penis jokes because WE ADULT SWIM NOW.

It was Steven Universe tier. Adventure Time tier. Star Vs. tier. The exact same problem those shows have. It wanted to have the storytelling complexity of script-driven animation while still being board-driven. And it never EVER works.

No, that's not what it was.

TLJ is pretty ass so yeah

A tragic subversion has logic that allows it to make it sense.
Macbeth getting killed made sense because it fulfilled the prophecy to the letter, not because it suddenly ignored the prophecy at the last minute.

>TLJ is pretty ass so yeah

Have sex.