Do you know what happens when a toad gets struck by lightning?

Do you know what happens when a toad gets struck by lightning?

Attached: a26f7da9ff28d22f19bedee23c299e499bfda696.jpg (600x300, 22K)

A line get put into a garbage rendition of some pedos idea of a comic book??

Does anyone actually like Toad, let alone the FoX-Men version?

I honestly don't. Please elaborate.

THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENS TO EVERYTHING ELSE

Attached: storm-toad-struck-by-lightning.png (1000x478, 404K)

*shrieking*

Attached: Screenshot_20190626-021551_YouTube Vanced.jpg (2048x1536, 174K)

X-Men Evolution Toad was my favourite character

It croaks?

I want storm to strike me with lightning. Preferably while standing on me.

Attached: 1522031513970.jpg (250x236, 13K)

Why they cut toad's quips but left in Storm's witty retort I'll never know.

IIRC, wasn't Toad initially just a guy looking for some friends in XME? Kinda shame he fell into the Brotherhood.

It gives Joss Whedon a movie career?

Pretty much all the OG Brohood in Evo where at worst kind of jerks but would have done well if the X-men just worked a little bit to help them. But I guess since they're not hot big titted goth girls they get to go screw

I really liked the movie version. Wished they just got done and over with it and made him like that everywhere. He was badass and almost took out 3/4 of the X-Men.

>Wished they just got done and over with it and made him like that everywhere

They kinda did. The comics adapted that look for him after the movie. The issue is that Toad is such a Z-list jobber that nobody is even interested in doing anything with him other than as a joke. You would have to take it as a personal mission to rehabilitate Toad and make him a cool martial artists antagonist in order to make him into a believable threat.

Actually I'm amazed nobody has ever tried to make him an X-man in one of the lesser teams, like the half dozen iterations of X-Force in the past 15 years, and make him more of a badass that way. And no, being a fucking janitor in Aaron's X-men doesn't count. He was used as a punchline joke and that ugly duckling "romance" with Husk was fucking terrible use of the character.

Honestly don't know why everybody is embarrased or think this joke is bad.

I always thought this line was retarded, it felt more like it belonged to Beavis and Butthead.

>Hey Butthead, wanna know what happens when a toad gets struck by lightning?
>He he he he

In Ultimate X-men Cyclops was weirdly buddies with Toad. I thought that was a neat idea and wish something was actually done with it. Like, just because they are rival teams doesn't mean they have to dislike each other personally.

>Do you know what happens when a toad gets struck by lightning?
It gets #MeTooed

Fuck off, X-Men 1 is EPIC

It feels good man?

It gets super speed?

That's what it was supposed to be iirc.

Super SNEED!

God this line was bad.
Truly an authentic comic movie, the new ones are too serious

WHY DID THEY NOT USE THIS

Attached: 51xnM-n2F0L._SX298_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (300x468, 47K)

No it wasn't, the problem is that they cut Toad's catchphrase and now Storm's punchline doesn't make sense

What's his catchphrase that would make that couplet make sense?

Toad would keep mentioning facts about toads ("do you know what happens when a toad" etc)

Oh, so it would have been pretty weak anyway.

That line made no fucking sense. Did a writer quit before that scene's dialogue was written?

He was SO sympathetic. I felt sorry for his stupid ass. Needed to brush his teeth, too.

...it's a JOKE? Shouldn't there be a punchline?

How does it not? The joke is everything gets fucking fried

People too retarded to get antijokes, despite the fact the one of the first jokes they probably ever heard was one

Which one was it?

Why did the chicken cross the road?

>How do you call a 6'6" fighting mad frog?
>The same name you call every frog

Attached: x-men-storm-halle-berry.jpg (646x431, 67K)

Also it was apparently written less as a one-liner and meant to be delivered as her asking as though she was genuinely curious with an sort of disinterested answer when it's the "same as everything else."

Mother fuckers all ways tryin ta ice skate uphill

but at least it would have made sense

They tried to recruit all of them though. The brotherhood didn’t want to be a part of it though

Haley berry was a diva that wanted more screen time

Could Storm work as anti frogposting?

Casting Halle Berry was the bigger joke.

It was supposed to be his catchphrase in the movie with him making that joke, You know what a toad does/happens X?, intermittently through the film. They edited all of those jokes out by the final cut.

enlight me, I wan toad know

are you a girl

Was Storm just zapping animals??

They were gay

Whedon did some scripting on this movie, that line was one of his, he insisted the line was perfect and the problem was all with Berry's delivery of it.

I liked it.

Attached: too co for me.gif (800x600, 2.55M)

>They kinda did. The comics adapted that look for him after the movie. The issue is that Toad is such a Z-list jobber that nobody is even interested in doing anything with him other than as a joke. You would have to take it as a personal mission to rehabilitate Toad and make him a cool martial artists antagonist in order to make him into a believable threat.

The comics changed Toad's appearance to look like he did in the movie, and did a story that used Mystique, Toad and Sabretooth as villains, the movie Brotherhood without Magneto. Despite this effort for synergy, the X-Men defeated Toad off-panel to keep the focus on the more important villains.