Why are Superman expys more popular than Superman himself nowadays?

Why are Superman expys more popular than Superman himself nowadays?

Attached: hjjiji.png (1592x316, 1.03M)

>SHAZAM
>Superman Expy

>Goku
>Not a Sun Wukong Expy

There was an entire court case proving the first one, user.

Mr Incredible isn't a superman expy either, he's an obscure 1940s independent comic character

For one, maybe if you actually post correct Superman Expies
For two, expies usually have a differentiating gimmick that helps them stand out from the original

Op is retarded. Sage and move on.

I still mad that Akira toriyama changed bardock origins and character.

He was better as a regular saiyan that try to save his people.

Attached: PlastinoFace_custom-26c477071824f41ea619319ab3ebc20a7d29df34-s6-c30.jpg (948x1308, 48K)

Cap marvel was outselling supes 10:1 at one point.

He still is. Just can see the future. Sort of

Weird how this doesn’t work for vidia, you have dozens or Mario expys yet Mario is still the top dog.

They took away the evil aspects of him from the movie. Bardock was never a good guy but there were worse people above him, the idea that Frieza would just destroy planet Vagita seemingly on a whim leaving small pockets of Sayans like Goku to escape shows how ruthless he is and sets up a perfect beginning for Goku.

Superman is a victim of Big 2's awful practices and his own success and legacy. He's constantly pigeonholed by the idea he's a perfect and boring hero with no conflict. Superman expys are allowed to build on the well known idea put forth by Superman but make an interesting twist that's allowed to not be rendered meaningless by the fact its story isn't allowed to go TOO off brand or have a true resolution.
Like All Might is "what if Superman was a well meaning fuck up that accidentally did exactly what Lex Luthor bitches about and then had to rush to create a worthy successor so the world wouldn't fall into chaos in his eventual absence."
Goku was Sun in DBV and Supes in DBZ...in origin. In personality hes and role he's neither
He's the obvious archetype of THE Superhero. While not literally Superman or Cap the point is he's the hero that in-universe everyone sees as the canon of heroism.

Because WB/DC can't stop raping Superman.

I think the biggest problem with superman is that there are a lack of interesting/memorable characters in the whole series. The only side characters I know are Louis Lane and Lex Luthor, and its literally cliche damsel in distress and "i hate person better than me" villain.

>Louis
Is this one large joke or is it just people that dumb?
God nothing flairs up my autism more than that.

Probably phone posting autocorrect.

Because Warner fucked all the goddamn way up by putting Snyder in charge of the DCCU after the blue space cancer bullshit. WW and Aquaman are now the face of cinematic DC.

Man of Steel sort of killed the hype behind him, BvS sealed it. In fact, a lot of recent supes works don't know how to handle a guy that isn't self-destructively cynical, because our current crop of writers has never had first-hand experience with an honest do-gooder.

I think even before that he was running on the meme of "he's just too perfect and boring" ontop of all the baggage of people secretly having their ideal Superman even people who hate Superman have an ideal Superman they want to see lived up to.

Because the idea of a ‘Superman’ is very popular, but Clark Kent himself is not. Hell, The various Superboys and Supergirl are more beloved than him.

Because Superman sucks

>He's constantly pigeonholed by the idea he's a perfect and boring hero with no conflict.
He's pigeonholed by the fact that the comics are constantly trying to refute this idea instead of just telling a Superman tale. Honestly, him getting powered down for a while was fun just for the fact that it was not yet another tale about how hard it is to be the most beloved powerful Jesus in existence.

They are not, you already made this thread.

Shazam is 100% one.

Goku was 100% a Sun Wokong, before Dragon Ballz, then they added a strong Supes component

>imagine being this retarded.

Why is it that people who never read a Supes comic always have all of these misconceptions?

>Goku
>Anything like superman

Kek

Because all 4 are generally more interesting than him since they have interesting flaws that enhance their own character, instead of making them the most perfect one as they can.

Attached: 1544700386224.png (328x353, 112K)

The Incredibles are more inspired by the fantastic four than anything in DC. Mr. Incredible is based on the thing.

OP, what happens if I compare how much Superman's movie made to the other guys?

You want to guess?

Attached: Sourman02.png (640x480, 313K)