Is there a shittier villain archetype than serial killer?

Is there a shittier villain archetype than serial killer?
>inb4 muh Hannibal Lecter
Exception that proves the rule and all of his clones are shit anyway.

Attached: zsasz.jpg (319x512, 45K)

I don't read comics so I don't care.

You leave Jason, Michael, Freddy, Chucky and Leatherface alone, pleb.

Sissy that's somehow a threat.

My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

>dude just die lmao

That image of Zsasz really creeped me out as a kid, it still does. Because of it I find Zsasz far more disturbing than the Joker or any other Batman villain. It's a clear reminder of how many people this bastard has murdered, a reminder of all the people that Batman and Gotham's system failed to save , and it only makes me wish that writers would just kill him off already, I hate him.

I live in the American Gardens Building on West 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

He died and then came back as a serial killer ghost.

He appears in Batman Begins and he is immediately killed by Katie Holmes, IIRC.

Based spinoff reader

The problem is that serial killers exist in real life and are usually more fucked up than comic killers, but comic killers have to look edgy

Think of Dahmer. He was just some fucking nerdy 30 year old then it turned out he had a bunch of half-eaten bodies he had fucked in his freezer.

>bate-man was only 27

In the movie he looked a lot older

You know in hindsight the fact that Kira was probably at work 11 hours a day, and getting 8 hours of sleep, then 1-2 hours of exercise and eating- that doesn't leave a lot of time to be a serial killer, unless he was only a killer on the weekends.

Maybe the reason japan doesn't have serial killers as much as the west is because every potential killer is too busy working to carry out their violent fantasies.

>There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.
i always hated how they put this line at the beginning of the movie. it's so out of place.

>only a killer on the weekends

I mean he'd only get when he got the urge. That's how serial killers work, they have cool downs and build ups

Also comics tend to avoid the fucked up sex aspects a lot of serial killers have, leaving you with basic bitch slashers. You're not gonna see some Albert Fish motherfucker show up as a Batman villain talking about how he put a rose up his urethra and needles in his asshole and danced in front of a mirror

They are supernatural serial killers, not gritty realistic serial killers.

>That's how serial killers work, they have cool downs and build ups

This highlights why serial killers are bad story wise. There's no overarching plan for them. They just kill when they want to.

Now combine this with cape comics need for reoccurring villains and you have a protagonist that is completely impotent.

He was a wandering spirit doomed with no memory, but he was only killing bad people

>we could have had ghost assassin kino but instead Araki kept writing jojo

Jojo is okay though, but it feels like Araki probably has a lot of other ideas like with Rohan and Kira that never go too far since he's always working on Jojo, trying to get to part 9 to conclude the series before he gets too old.

I suppose that's also why Kira worked so well with a continuing part-based series like JoJo, he didn't need to return

>when they want to

The Dahmer comic shows that it's not a "want" but more of an obsessive urge

>before he gets too old
The man doesn't age, you super retard.

Killers tend to be empty people. The idea of them being wolves in sheep's clothing gets a lot of focus, when the reality is they have to pretend to be a person because they lack fundamental personality traits. Their mental damage becomes who they are, with little room for a real self.

That's not how the phrase "exception that proves the rule" is used.

I liked Zsasz's first story, he actually was actually pretty interesting, i liked how his regular outfit had a huge top hat, but i dislike how they made him bald, i feel like the hair suits him better, his weird black eyes were great too.

Attached: Zsasz.jpg (1041x1600, 615K)

Nah he just only got tassed

>Exception that proves the rule
This has to be one of the most misused expressions in the English language. It doesn't mean "this thing that contradicts your rule proves that the rule is right." That would be stupid and make no sense.

Unironically i think this is the best to write a serial killer supervillain.
Instead of some dude with a flashy look and a crazy name, have it just be some guy who is secretly a sick fuck.
The whole "maybe that normal looking guy you know is actually Ed Gein" is way scarier than "obviously crazy guy is crazy".

Attached: American Psycho.jpg (564x705, 45K)