Why is EU comic way better than american comic

Why is EU comic way better than american comic

Attached: 1362525067829.jpg (800x1080, 481K)

Other urls found in this thread:

manga-news.com/public/trailers/Capitaine_Albator_memoires_Arcadia_trailer.mp4
www14.zippyshare.com/v/83784831/file.html
www47.zippyshare.com/v/96943985/file.html
vox.com/platform/amp/2014/12/15/7326605/comic-book-censorship
britishcomics.wordpress.com/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/108287949/#108294513
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coke_(fuel)
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84081436/#84081436
techworm.net/2019/06/zippyshare-403-forbidden.html
standup4humanrights.org/en/highlights_37.html
branchesculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/les-captainz-texier-yoann-p-4.jpg?w=640
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Sea_(manga)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because I read comics to get boners

Saying this as an American
The comic scene here is way too leaning towards the superhero genre, which you can only do so much with. Eventually it'll just blend into the same exact stuff repeated. In Europe more variety of stuff is popular and it can get more artistic

Attached: infopratiquesspirobd_franquin-16.png (500x329, 166K)

The fuck, French (or Belgian, I forgot which one this series is based in exactly) have a high school class specifically for road rules?? All semester long??

Honestly thats a big part of it yeah. The graphic novel scene was good for awhile but even that fell off to shill cape-spam
Looking forward to the next big industry crashes, Hollywood, vidya, and comic crashes are all on the horizon.

No Comics Code Authority.

Just because there's more ass and titties in them doesn't make them good. The French are nothing but horny bastards.

> a high school class specifically for road rules?? All semester long??
- The kid is in elementary school
- This comics took place in the 70's. But even then, no there was no long year road rules class. It's more of a one-day thing, and I'm not sure that it's a mandatory thing schools have to do. I found that panel weird as a kid too.

What? My middle school had a 12 week driver's ed class. No wonder y'all can't fuckin drive.

This is boring. Way too many panels of set up for a joke you could guess by panel 2.

Honestly I wished we had that kind of education, instead we just pay a fortune to driving schools who are very slow on purpose, those clever bitches.

Attached: donewiththisshit.jpg (500x455, 38K)

Because we dont celebrate nerd culture

>EU comic

The EU doesn't like comics.

Hey, a semester of road rules makes getting your driver's license insanely easy. the sooner the better.

What I wouldn't give for some slice of life or light fantasy comics these days.

What is...

>Donald Duck
>Uncle Scrooge
>Tintin
>Asterix
>Lucky Luke
>The Smurfs
>Spirou

You could make a three panel strip with 1, 7, and 8. The rest are just filler that just repeats the same joke over and over which seems to be the case with Petit Spirou in general.

>not appreciating the cheesecake art
>not appreciating the good, prolonged way of telling the joke
and that's why you are all going to die, as god has decreed

Anyone got those Spirou on vacation comics with the older chick?

Spoken like a true retard.
Other than these , there's also:
>Agent 212
>Valerian & Laureline
>Yakari
>Marsupilami
>Lou!
>The Bellybuttons
>Freak's Squeele

We like them,we just keep them a niche thing as it should be and not enabling so called nerd culture

Do kids normally learn about road rules at that age?

There are a SHIT TON of slice of life and fantasy indie comics out there. Are you even looking?

We have the same issue with cartoons compared to Japanese stuff.
Just childrens' cartoons, which can be very good, even for adults, and edgy adult humor, which can also be good.
But the bulk of both categories, especially now, compared to 15 years ago, is pretty mediocre.

>Yea Forums twice

>another "eu comics better than american comics" thread
Can you be anymore desperate? EU comics are overrated, they don't do anything even remotely worth praising, at least not these days. We've had plenty of storytimes and it always boils down to everyone being a dick and then you get tragedy for the sake of it because it has to make a point that doesn't fit the comic. Or you get comics of kids being perverts because that's never been done before.

Attached: 1308353660218.jpg (250x250, 10K)

whoops

Attached: spirou.jpg (800x1080, 910K)

Way better than superhero comic #627256715517

>he thinks EU is a synonym for europe
get fucked retard

Why the hell do you say eu when you just mean francobelgian?

In Europe, people get into comics because want to draw comics.

In USA, the industry is so dominated by the big two people get into making comics because they want ot work for them.

>kids being perverts
Attraction is a perversion?

It is if he's a girl fetishist, the little pervert

Well, we don't talk much about Swiss comics or Balkan comics here. And when we talk about British comics, we call them as such. So when it comes to comics, eu and Europe are pretty much the same.

I think that´s a wrong point of view. The more adequate discussion is about corporate, done by the pound comics vs. authors.

Attached: Auladell-Paradis.jpg (1280x1786, 2.72M)

Yeah, but they're all 'woke' garbage.

You're probably looking in the wrong places. There is seriously so much of that out there it's kind of a joke how much there is.

Give me a modern fantasy comic that's full of sword fights, white male heroes, and hot chicks.

you wouldn't be so mad if capeshit wasn't so rotten you couldn't even bring good titles to compare them to those foreign kid comics you hate so much

>indie
it's convenient that they are so rare and special you will never post about them, ever.

You can make all the assumptions you want, it doesn't make you correct.

Attached: RCO008.jpg (1972x1520, 988K)

Attached: 151502435300.png (1207x858, 2.07M)

Eurocomics is full of fantasy, it's not rare at all.

Attached: RCO001.jpg (1452x2048, 545K)

They're better than American comics (generally speaking) regardless of ass and titties.

Mediocre is still mediocre, no matter what you compare it to. I swear most of the French comics were written by guys that got dumped right before writing it.

The French are infamously bad drivers. They're trying to correct this at the school level, but it just leads to the usual resentment and driving badly on purpose.

>got 3 elves books signed this year
it's a good feeling

>The French are nothing but horny bastards
Can we talk about how superheroes' suit are basically paint and how every superheroes is just drawn naked in cape comics?

The joke isn't the point but to see as many different cuties in uniforms as possible.

Look at that deflection! Way to not argue a point user!

It's actually fairly hard to draw clothing and a lot of artists are lazy or don't have the skill for it.

Because it's Yea Forums, silly.

Attached: 5855644.jpg (574x783, 285K)

Spent too much time figure drawing nudes and not enough drawing lumps of cloth.

To be fair this was in Iowa and it was 20 years ago. Education in the US may have gotten significantly worse since then, but my school taught us cooking, cleaning, finances, auto repair, jewelry shop, metal shop, wood shop, and keyboarding if you signed up for them.

adding some off the top of my head
>Gaston Lagaffe
>The Bluecoats
>Yoko Tsuno
>Les Femmes en Blanc
>G. Raf Zerk
>Johan & Peewit
>Papyrus
>De Minimensjes
>Nero
>Bob & Bobette
>Urbanus
>Katamarom
>Rooie Oortjes
>Cowboy Henk
>whatever Kamagurka decides to throw onto paper that week
>De Rode Ridder
>Robin Hoed (by Turk & Degroot, I imagine there are plenty of comics based on Robin Hood)
>Dokus
>Dennis the Menace and Gnasher (the UK one)
>110 pills

I was always jealous that my schools phased out home ec and shop. I would've loved to bake a birdhouse.

Because you've been conditioned by Yea Forums to view American comics as solely composed of either 1. superheroes 2. Tumblr or 3. Tumblr superheroes. So anything different is seen as better, especially if its from another country. Then its "exotic" and you can only read the good stuff that gets translated.

>Same person learning what 2+3 equals is taking a rules of the road and sewing class

I like european comics, they remind me that US comics can still be salvaged if it can rid of the superhero nostalgia

user it's hardly just a capeshit problem. It's a lack of quality problem.

Panel 5 could also be /cgl/.

yes and?

>/o/
>Hot girls
You mean James May x Clarkson smut and those godawful pictures of pregnant cars

Attached: 1556951201084.jpg (400x399, 42K)

Those are all well and good, but are there any good cape comics over there?

Same reasons their games are
The french

Attached: 1554426963388.png (2048x2048, 3.64M)

>are there any good cape comics over there?
Yes.

Attached: IMG_4281.jpg (607x818, 148K)

Because they don’t make endless capeshit. I really don’t understand how some people can enjoy it for more than 3 years.

The Belgians do most of it really.

Attached: 9782800153179-couv-M800x1600.jpg (800x1108, 216K)

I've been saying sinec I was a teenager that education's most horrible feature - out of a towering list of awful traits - is that it takes too long and waits until far too late to impart useful skills. Uni level mathematics was what I was dying for at the age of 15, but they made me wait until I was 19-20 and by that point I wanted sex too much to focus on that.

Anyway, your driving example is perfect so I'm going to use it as prime ammo in any debates I have with education defenders.

Attached: 1548107725398.png (557x605, 178K)

They don't, it's an age cycle like Pokemon.

Yeah. 7th and 8th grades (last before going to high school) boys took wood shop (which I've never used) and girls took cooking (which is much more useful unless you simply microwave packages.)

All those classes I listed were ones I took. There were more. They kinda rolled a few things into one, like sex ed really doesn't take that long but the system makes them do it for 8 weeks anyway, so it becomes kind of a general life skill class. Home Ec had cooking, sewing, and some other crap (I retained nothing and I just eat sandwiches every day). We had an 8 week keyboarding class which, honestly, isn't really long ENOUGH. It gets you the basics but if you want to get 100+ wpm that's a lifelong skill.

You _can_ get Capes, even in Europe.
This is a spin-off of the main series where their 'adventures' are entirely in their imaginations.

Attached: 9782818933848_1_75.jpg (1000x1339, 193K)

I took a summer course in typing. Back then, typing (no one called it keyboarding) was something delegated to secretaries.
But my parents recognized it would help writing reports when I went to college.

Turned out to be an absolutely essential skill since I grew up to be a programmer.

>/fit/ is all dudes

aren't they the ones posting those "girls at the gym" music videos on youtube?

Nowadays I just tell people to buy Typing of the Dead. It's a better typing tutor than I ever had. Again this was 20 years ago, we worked out of workbooks.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Their costumes are real even if their powers are not.

Attached: P00008 2 panels.png (1646x747, 987K)

Captain Wumbo

>Ha ha, he was hit by a car, what a retard!
>Rules of Nature playing in the background
Americans are scary

Not him, but Conan

>Belgian bande dessinee about a little girl living in dying decade of communism in Poland
Huh

This series is really cu

Attached: 1554395029442.jpg (1075x1464, 206K)

I get ya. Lot of these incels didn't get your joke so I'll summarize it for them:

Article 13
Copyright Law

...and they grow up to be lookers.
Though the blonde younger sister still seems to have the mentality of a 6-year old.

Attached: 4Chan 1554663408684 Adult sisters.jpg (1920x2606, 1.4M)

MODS!

>Though the blonde younger sister still seems to have the mentality of a 6-year old.
From the page you posted, it's more like the older one became more bitchy

best dog knows what's up.

yeah we like manga

not just comic

Attached: Cyberpunk-2077-E3.jpg (1000x567, 205K)

It's basically pre-Liz relationship Garfield without the comic timing.

Every time I've seen Eurocomics storytimed here it was always someething interesting and cool.

Ah, well, I can't read the language. My judgment was based on pages of them as adults which _have_ been translated.

If you'd be so kind as to turn into English...

that shit is gonna be pure garbage though.Even worse than the Witcher embarrassing """"rpg"""". Those hacks fully exploited the PS4 game starvation of the time to rewrite history and pretend their shit license was "an old classic loved by all", which never happened..

He meant American comics.

>This looks really cute, I wonder what the plot is about... Oh.

Attached: 4680F161-31BE-42D2-92B1-E18D29EB3256.png (573x461, 73K)

What's so bad about the slice-of-life in Eastern Europe 80's?

This guy's art is so fucking garbage.

The Eastern Bloc was a shit hole and the '90s was almost worse when the USSR was dissolved.

And they are now doing a new series. "Orcs and goblins"

Attached: Stibbity.png (540x493, 320K)

abloo bloo

>cape comics
come to the Duck Side

Attached: paperinik_duck_avenger.jpg (652x990, 156K)

>Big sis: i love to come back home were we grow up.
lil sis: did you see!? the parents kept our toys.(she says the same in the next buble)

>big sis: what is funny is that you still always repeat yourself a lot.

>lil sis: what ...what are you talking about?
big sis: oh come on you always do "that".
you always repeat yourself.

>big sis: the remote tv is for me(x2)
i eat the first crêpe(x2)
Wendy hit me(x2)

>lil sis: i know someone worst than me.
big sis: its true, and you repeated this at least 10 times a day.

>lil sis: you have short memory.
big sis: i dont think so.

>lil sis: so?

>big sis: go down! go down now from my tree!
lil sis: you see!? and its been years that you repeat this indefinitely.

sorry if its not perfect, i tried my best

Attached: 61ustI89JLL._SX377_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (379x499, 55K)

Thank you.

Attached: 9782755605723_cg.jpg (600x791, 83K)

that was a fucking good storytime

Attached: 115789691_o.jpg (1491x2048, 2.21M)

Attached: 51ZafOVomHL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (386x499, 36K)

>American Comics in a eurocomics thread
Retard

The problem is that the creative minds behind American comics today are the weak, socially inept fans of yester year.

Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were married men who didn't give a fuck or try to give jobs to chicks they were trying to fuck.

Today you got dudes who never got to talk to girls hiring girls who have their own agenda and know how to play the game with weak willed men.

"The meek will inherit the Earth" sad but so true.

Attached: 58574712_2535969709765125_3621177039966437376_n.jpg (960x600, 75K)

truth hurts, zoomer?

i need to find this one (the ending is perfect)

Attached: 1559268021595.jpg (2312x3408, 1.9M)

why only american get 6 or more people for 1 comic and french, belgian and japanese need 1 or 2 max?

Indeed

Attached: tracht-man-1-neal-adams-variant-cover.jpg (800x800, 248K)

Well, European comics are often not monthly releases, more like yearly if it is a series. While for series that have a monthly release rhythm I take it there is a bigger team working on that too.

Japanese comics are always big teams working on them, usually around 10 people? Else they would not be able to meet their weekly or monthly releases. But there only the head creator(s) gets credit. The other are hired workers.

Oh, great. Bavarian nationalism.
Yeah, you go beat up that Prussian pig!
The non-existence of a Prussia should not preclude hatred of it!
It's only been a hundred years, after all.

Thanks!
I ran the foreign original of this page though Google Translate.
Their heroic fantasies are brought abruptly back down to earth.

I understand there's a smartphone app you can hold up and it superimposes English over all the street signs, shop windows, etc.. Anything like that to enable you to read foreign comics without a lot of typing?

Attached: T02 - 045 Invulnerability ENGLISH.png (1606x2195, 3.49M)

there is Naver Papago Translate but i dont know if it works well

typical polish girl...grow up with comfy communist, cry like a bay for dirty capitalism

Attached: 4Chan - Reaction buy.jpg (1200x1125, 218K)

>comfy communist
Socal please leave

Do you not have reading comprehension? Get some context to the conversation.

ive read dwarves in french. its beautiful but hard to read. the dwarves have lots of cultural tongue twisters.

redwin basically becomes a dwarven demigod, shit is very cash.

>Scooby

Attached: 1466728880319.png (912x905, 1.23M)

>I understand there's a smartphone app you can hold up and it superimposes English over all the street signs, shop windows, etc.. Anything like that to enable you to read foreign comics without a lot of typing?
google translate can do it

I wouldn't call them better, just "less industrialised". The majority of american comics is aimed at a mass market (with minimal offense to everybody), produced at monthly piece-rate, targeted to sell first, be art more or less as an afterthought. This leads to rather predictable series, with quite predictable stories and usually rather serviceable art.

In Europe comics are seldomly produced for a market. In most cases (pretty much everything besides Panini's Disney Imprints) it seems more like an artist/team follows their artistic vision, drawing/finishing their comics and then looking for a publisher. This leads to a variying outcome, strange stories and irregular "series" with 1-3 years in between each "issue". The art is varying (and sometimes even worse than american comics), but everything seems more daring and less aimed to be minimal offense to everybody.

I think both have their virtues, even if the american comics virtue is often just a continous stream of material, I often miss in european comics.

thats the new standard in France

Attached: manga_francais01.jpg (560x350, 116K)

there's a good hundred of titles every year, that 10 cover cherry picking doesn't mean shit.

Is Last Man good?

Frenchfag here with an evening to lose.
It's not top notch translating, but it'd help you get what's going on.

Attached: Traduction.png (1920x2606, 961K)

>Putting Last Man in the same bag as these low effort fake manga

Attached: bab.jpg (240x320, 15K)

the first 3 are good

they even readapting manga into BD
manga-news.com/public/trailers/Capitaine_Albator_memoires_Arcadia_trailer.mp4

Attached: presentation-article-albator.jpg (850x435, 232K)

why did you change crêpe to pancake?

??? You upload an image and its smart enough to pick out the speech balloons?

Thanks!
Now if you'd just start a web-site as some people have done for Melusine... ^_^

And let us know the URL.

>new standard
Sentaï School is old, man

Is that a One Piece reference?

Attached: outlawitv2.jpg (550x544, 153K)

no its a bleach one

Yes. It's Nico Robin and her famous Stand 「The Hand」

Learn some board culture, anything not big two = indie you dumbass and the thread overall is about euro comics

oh shit more Arthur de pins stuff?

You know, guys, reading these french comics with you all really makes me want to take a nice long walk in the woods. Maybe even get drunk and enjoy some chocolate bars, you feel me?

Attached: blast.jpg (260x330, 23K)

Something something Petit Paul.

finally an Euro thread!
I have a question. do anyone knows a comic, I think it was french, about a some sort of pilgrim guy who comes to America and met some natives and they help him to build a windmill but then an eagle crashes against it and dies and the natives get mad and claim it's evil and stuff happens. I've been trying to find it again for ages.

Attached: 34rff.jpg (1200x1800, 260K)

>a some sort of pilgrim guy who comes to America and met some natives and they help him to build a windmill but then an eagle crashes against it and dies and the natives get mad and claim it's evil and stuff happens
That sounds awesome, but I don't know it. Sorry...

not my proudest fap.

Attached: p132.jpg (1131x1596, 149K)

Attached: 1560047483311.png (680x289, 274K)

>Petit Paul
link?

Not really

Liked by European people, not the EU.

Ah yes because the rpg genre isn't full of exemplary shooters and both single player and straight up actual mmos. A game that tells a solid story and gameplay wise resembles Gothic which is a classic beloved rpg in the country of origin is not one.

Let me guess, you must be a young pleb who never know comfy communist, poor little pleb

Did this shit ever go anywhere?

Attached: 477134._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x479, 24K)

America has image comics which can be cool and weird. But even something like Pic related which is on the fringes of American comics, still leans heavily into cape comic tropes and ideas. I think that the problem is 2 fold.
1. Everyone who is writing for major non-cape titles, has at one point written a cape title. Even the writer of the walking dead, the only really successful none cape comic, and even it's author wrote a 100+ issue series in the comics setting
2.It has become little more then a setting to pitch big budget TV shows. This means that regardless of what kinda comic you are writing, it is basically appealing for the same higher market share. It has to be exciting, with attractive leads etc.

Add to all of this a massive supply and demand problem, there are more people wanting to make comics then there are people who want to consume that content, and you have a nice recipe for a market as terrible as america comic book stores.

The real losers are the America comic store owners, who have no control over the market strangling them

Attached: 12652197._SY540_.jpg (351x540, 56K)

Can some good user translate this?

I guess starvation is quite comfy, then.

11th volume came out last year.

Rough translation:
PLONC!
Magalie?
Oh my god, it went inside!
(can't read the messy scribble in kids 2nd balloon)
Little Paul, close your eyes.

>(can't read the messy scribble in kids 2nd balloon)
The light?

That's probably it, but I was totally sure the 'lu' was a 'w'. Also the 'la' looked like it might be a 'va', which would have been appropriate with the talk of things going places.

>not appreciating the cheesecake art
just read hentai.
>not appreciating the good, prolonged way of telling the joke
and also get a better sense of humor if you think dragging out such a simple joke for so long is acceptable

I wonder how they manage to just walk up to the author and get them to approve their fanfics.

Sometimes I wonder if it's not just the Japanese saying "yeah sure" because they're not used to telling people to fuck off and the french just rolling with it, like when Netflix made their CGI Saint Seiya series

Attached: leiji-mastumoto.jpg (400x400, 135K)

>you feel me?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

on the mobile app, you don't even need to upload any picture. you just hold the text up to camera and it superimposes the translated text onto it.

>just read hentai.
what a fucking brainless retard, holy shit.

Isn't that because of the CCA killing off basically everything considered too lewd, complicated or violent for kids 50 years ago and leaving only men in tights around provided they taught kids anti-commie values?

it's a joke about miring muscles being fucking gay, newfren

Radiant at least gets good after a while

the prequel show is 10/10. book is 6/10

Its a Fate/Zero to UBW comparison, where the prequel show can be watched by itself and is infinitely better

Seconding this, Elves and Dwarves are great series. Redwin remains the best, but I also liked the recent wood elf one with the druid girl.

Attached: elves dwarves.png (1223x850, 2.87M)

It reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes, the art is really nice, and it improved a lot beyond the 7th or 8th volume. The superhero spinoff is also fun, though I only read the second one.

Attached: 07-1 (7).jpg (1920x2606, 1.35M)

Before anyone asks for translations, they're just playing their own version of Battleship. They ask their friends to join them in the last panel, and they all decline.

Sadly untranslated but it's a 100% superhero story inspired by Jack Kirby's early cape work full of humor.
It also takes the time to just parody capes in general, and the likes of star trek, star wars, Harry Potter and Manga in general.

Attached: ratman905-675x905.jpg (675x905, 124K)

I suppose those aren't comic adaption of the book series by Bernhard Hennen respective Markus Heitz?
Because especially the elf books are masterfully written and I'd love to get a comic.

Attached: Elfen.jpg (701x700, 93K)

Has anyone read this? Wondering if it's good.

Attached: castan.jpg (598x800, 76K)

They never did make that movie, did they?

Attached: 01.png (1090x1410, 3.67M)

Pretty much this even through war comics like Nick Fury lasted well into the seventies

Attached: 02.png (1092x1412, 3.16M)

The japs and the french love each other, they are equally autistic

for me it was Theti Cheri

Attached: sap-exldegi2.jpg (918x1280, 385K)

Do the British count as European? (Brexit or not)
War comics may be dead in the US, but the UK continues to relive their glory days.

Attached: il_794xN_1805073227_hu80.jpg (794x529, 129K)

I saw those in a French comic store recently, worth getting?

I dunno, we see Yea Forums anons thirst over spandex wearing gods of fitness with clearly visible busts and bulges all the time

It's what always happens when something turns into an "industry" looking for perpetual profit, just hire anyone that can draw lines on paper so you can release a couple of hundred new albums each month

Arent they all just reprints these days

they need to imitate Japan, they have school to learn manga and tons of contest where editor can find new assets

Yeah, many of the volumes are really good. Redwin the dwarf appears in a several and he's great, like an epic D&D character.

Too much work, just grab someone that has a few followers on his or hers art blog, industrial integrity is bullcrap we need to make money now!

Radiant is actually good after the first arc, and Lastman is decent, but I've only read some of it. Can't speak for the others.

the best option would be to make some kinf of manga with famous Disney characters

Golden Age era comics just came off as childish. They were popular but never a phenomenon. The later generations were relegated to a special kind of comics nerd.
Then you have the Phantom, a pulp era hero who is still doing reasonably well. Over here he outlived all DC and Marvel publications, saw them come and leave.

Attached: fantomen 01-2018.jpg (2008x3071, 1.67M)

Yes fellow American, the based EU is just so much better than dirty USA

Attached: 03.jpg (1600x2388, 843K)

Attached: 04.jpg (1600x2374, 975K)

Attached: 05.jpg (1600x2362, 937K)

Attached: 06.jpg (1600x2344, 846K)

Attached: 07.jpg (1600x2381, 869K)

Attached: 08.jpg (1600x2364, 806K)

Attached: 09.jpg (1600x2370, 903K)

This is overstated. The CCA didn't mean that people had to nothing but superheroes.

Attached: 10.jpg (1600x2304, 848K)

Attached: 11.jpg (1600x2407, 860K)

Attached: 12.jpg (1600x2383, 916K)

Attached: 13.jpg (1600x2365, 820K)

Attached: 14.jpg (1600x2401, 748K)

Attached: 15.jpg (1600x2366, 866K)

Attached: 16.jpg (1600x2361, 822K)

Attached: 17.jpg (1600x2396, 847K)

Attached: 18.jpg (1600x2378, 991K)

Attached: 19.jpg (1600x2401, 975K)

Attached: 20.jpg (1600x2376, 769K)

Attached: 21.jpg (1600x2377, 1.03M)

>Yuropean comic

Attached: fete aerienne.jpg (1636x2334, 3.01M)

Attached: 22.jpg (1600x2361, 880K)

Attached: 23.jpg (1600x2379, 904K)

Attached: 24.jpg (1600x2385, 782K)

Attached: 25.jpg (1600x2392, 880K)

Attached: 26.jpg (1600x2350, 857K)

hot

Attached: 27.jpg (1600x2388, 793K)

Attached: 28.jpg (1600x2357, 756K)

Attached: 29.jpg (1600x2377, 860K)

Attached: 30.jpg (1600x2383, 870K)

these are really well done is there more?

Nope, the scanlator never finish afaik. Too hard.

Every Eurocomic I've ever seen aside from stuff like Tintin, Blake & Mortimer, Yoko Tsuno etc. has boiled down to good art, shit writing.

Attached: 24.jpg (2550x3501, 3.04M)

there was an imgur of it. it's deleted tho.

Trick question, there are no good cape comics.

YOU JUST KNOW

Wait, is it the Ankama Dofus? What happened here?

There we go.

Thanks for everything!
When I introduced into this thread, I'd no idea I'd get so much in return.

based

There are also these:

www14.zippyshare.com/v/83784831/file.html
www47.zippyshare.com/v/96943985/file.html

I'll literally head to the closest Chick Fil A if you want to be proven wrong
We could be the best if we got out of capeshit between two companies being the only thing we read

Attached: IMG_7964.png (3079x994, 3.63M)

The CCA was even pretty far and wide implemented bc of racist and sexist atitudes in the US. lots of immigrants and blacks were creating comics in the Golden Age, and many lead characters were women. the CCA sanitized this, cementing traditional gender roles and circumscribing stories to strong white male leads and limiting minority creators

vox.com/platform/amp/2014/12/15/7326605/comic-book-censorship

Attached: IMG_8052.jpg (617x459, 125K)

britain is still european technically hut it's overwhelmingly affected by toxic american culture that it this point its rural areas are basically bible-thumping bible states and its cities are basically liberal progressive nutty american cities

britain's good years have ended. it's only downhill from here. it's basically as culturally important on the world stage as canada (not a lot)

Thanks.
I knew of a site with Sisters in both French and English, but it's being reported as malware now so I won't post it.

Have some British comics instead.
>britishcomics.wordpress.com/
Eagle, Commando, etc. And some American capeshit infiltrators. :(

Meanwhile, on french TV

Attached: les-sisters-2-e1502285600910.jpg (1920x1065, 227K)

Being in the EU is not a prerequisite for being European

>his country doesn't have drivers' ed
Is this why Europoors can barely drive?

got a link?

>Is this why Europoors can barely drive?
but we dont need baby car

Attached: 07b64aad12f70b3b2f5df40251a9c3d7098943dd_levier-vitesse-manuelle.jpg (980x552, 51K)

haha.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/108287949/#108294513

Attached: petit paul et magalie.jpg (695x363, 27K)

Dofus always had a multitude of franga in wildly varying(ly ugly) graphic styles

Not really, for like 20 years people have tried to do franga and almost all of them have been failures. It's for from being "the new standard".

>Euro Cover
>American Uniform
I mean I dig it, but at the very least draw the French Resistance.

its sure not comparable with the japanese piece but since Radiant succes i see a lot more being publish and thats a good thing if a new gem is found

Oh, I know that. But I wasn't sure if the UK qualified for this thread. After all, you can read them (almost) without having to learn another language.

You missed one.

Attached: debaser.jpg (1358x2126, 548K)

i think this one is more well know

Attached: livres-dreamland-manga.jpg (776x561, 111K)

Any new Bellybuttons?

>Any new Bellybuttons?
Coming in August.

Attached: 9782800174075-couv-M800x1600.jpg (800x1102, 216K)

nice! I love those one page stories
classic shonen manga, except the MC actually gets laid

Le Petit Spirou is a goldmine.
I remember that strip in which he "explores" the body of a girl his age who's only pretending to be asleep.

Marzi on Yea Forums?
I'm about to pull the trigger on second book.

Tell us more.

this one?

Attached: 9782800122113_pg.jpg (500x680, 80K)

why don't people start with the first page when they post that one?

Attached: captain berlin #6.jpg (1980x2855, 1010K)

Attached: captain berlin tpb #1.jpg (347x499, 58K)

So, "red hood" is the good guy, equally opposed to the Nazis and the Soviet puppet government?
I notice "Hitler's" armband doesn't have a swastika. Was it still illegal to depict them?

Attached: E47B2CD1-E326-4301-9592-23B18AC29F81.png (289x350, 181K)

He can't into Phys. ed but can into swimming?

>cover up for slave trading by sounding like a drug runner instead
I'm not sure if that's stupid or brilliant

Yes, it was implemented pretty much right after the war.

Superhero comics are not a majority, or at this point even a significant minority, of American comic books. The big two comics publishers here are Scholastic and Random House, mostly selling books aimed at kids, particularly young girls. Superman or Batman sells 100,000 and change issues, but Smile sold ten times that.

Attached: Smile.jpg (344x499, 20K)

The creative minds behind American comics today don't want to work for DC or Marvel, because they can make more money working fewer hours in webcomics and keep all the rights. Scurry made $188k on its last book. Sleepless Domain is about to close at $60k on its own kickstarter.

Zach Weinersmith makes $80k off Patreon alone. The girl who makes Kill Six Billion Demons is just barely below him, Jeph Jacques makes at least $10k a month and he's not even the biggest webcomics guy any more. All of them own their copyrights and have total creative freedom.The person who made Nimona sold the rights to Disney herself and ended up running She-Ra out of it. Abby Howard, Kate Beaton, and Molly Ostertag all turned their webcomics into jobs at the big comics companies.

Who looks at that and decides to get $40/page inking Swamp Thing instead? The only people willingly working for Marvel/DC anymore are super hardcore fanboy nerds

Attached: Scurry.jpg (940x1441, 514K)

Not sure if trolling.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coke_(fuel)

eventhough its a meme hating the Calarts style and all the girls doing comics (webcomics or whatever), i think this the future of american comics
Once you get old enough you start to get tired of reboots and realize you just like tha familiarity with the characters, not the actual stories.
Pll talk shit about manga, but theres more tha just the popular shonen.
europe has stuff like dylan dog, the whole 2000AD thing...
and everybody knows the blockbuster movies are making comics worse

Attached: images.jpg (365x138, 16K)

I don't think DC/Marvel can go that way, though. If that's the future of American comics, it's either going to be Graphix expanding into comics aimed at older teens or a webcomics collective really taking off.

lOOK AT THE NEW TITLES AND THEIR ART. mOON GIRL AND dEVIL dINOSAUR, gWENPOOL
THEYRE EMULATING THE INDIE/WEBCOMIC SCENE. eVEN THE SERIOUS MEGAVENTS WITH WEIRD SCI FI AND FANTASY ARE SHARING THEIR SPACE WITH GAGS AND SOCIAL JUSTICE COMMENTARY

sorry for the caps lock

i know 30 year old guys that when grab a comic book, their first impulse is trying to read backwards like a manga.
they think the faces on comics are funny and they laugh at how everyone looks super old

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

>girl who makes Kill Six Billion Demons
user...

You could try ebay.fr or similar

That's bullshit and you know it and whoever wrote it knows it too.

we had mavis beacon
don't remember anything about it other than it was dreadfully boring

>he thinks graphic novels are a genre

imagine liking american comics and calling EU comics repetitive

What about South America?

Attached: Mort-Cinder-by-Alberto-Breccia.jpg (3848x2908, 1.8M)

it would get censored so hard nowaday

Attached: Tintin_19_Red_Sea_Sharks01.jpg (2480x3508, 1.23M)

Attached: Tintin_19_Red_Sea_Sharks02.jpg (2480x3508, 1.19M)

I'm surprised to not see any Moebius title such as the metabaron/ the incals...

thanks for the comics!
very cute and I love the art style

I know nothing about Metabarons except that it has cool ships.

Attached: Cool ship.jpg (1600x1045, 1.33M)

I own Tintin in Congo. While I wouldn't say it should be censored, it's undeniable that it's quiet unabashedly racist.

Attached: Tintin_19_Red_Sea_Sharks03.jpg (2480x3508, 1.18M)

And that's fine. Herge's sensibilities changed with time.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84081436/#84081436

Attached: superdupont the revival.jpg (1439x1920, 452K)

Attached: Tintin_19_Red_Sea_Sharks04.jpg (2480x3508, 1.15M)

Attached: Tintin_19_Red_Sea_Sharks05.jpg (2480x3508, 1.16M)

Tintin bringing the truth bombs about modern slavery in Arabia

it's pretty tame compared to real Congo.

You would never be able to get away with this today, even though it's still the truth even in Europe.

I'm not talking about the conditions in Congo, more the portrayal of the Congolese.

>book 4 never

dude. Check out those sapologues fags.

I had the last 12 stories of this series as a kid, it was way cooler than any Marvel or DC superhero book back then.
Fucking Evronians.

Why not be more concerned with real issues, like This shit actually still happens, black people aren't actually portrayed as red lipped monkeys anymore.

Dude, where did you get the impression that I'm trying to detract from real issues?

All I'm saying is that the portrayal of the Congolese is racist. I'm not even criticising Hergé for it considering the time he wrote the books and his intentions were good but you can still be prejudiced against a group, even if positively.

zippyshare blocks access to most of Europe, better to use mega.
>>www14.zippyshare.com/v/83784831/file.html
>www47.zippyshare.com/v/96943985/file.html
techworm.net/2019/06/zippyshare-403-forbidden.html

How dare you insult our valuable ally in our soon-to-be-war against Iran and Islamic fundamentalism.

>why don't people start with the first page when they post that one?
Who knows? Anyway here's the full story from the beginning.

Attached: petit_spirou_1.jpg (1280x1892, 608K)

I own it too, and I'm not white.

It's just interesting to keep a piece of history, no matter how politically incorrect it is.

Attached: petit_spirou_2.jpg (1280x1892, 636K)

Racism or not, most tribes weren't smart people and many were easily influenced and childlike in their head. You can say they were conditioned like that, sure, but it's still how it was. No noble savages bullshit.

Goddamn I wish I had had a childhood friend.

Attached: petit_spirou_3.jpg (1280x1892, 595K)

As I said, I don't want it censored and I'm not white either but it's definitely a product of it's time.

Well, that and EU being a much bigger market for comics. Franco-Belgian region is called the 2nd most comic-crazy countries in the world for a good reason. Stuff like Donald Duck comics in Europe are many times bigger a market than all US superhero comics put together.

Its like comparing a niche community with mainstream fame and audience, its not exactly a fair comparison. In France and Belgium comics are mainstream media.

>petit_spirou_2.j
>Get ready to board her!
Just noticed that.

Attached: petit_spirou_4.jpg (1280x1892, 586K)

>pop
Imagine being Spirou inside that wreck when she's facing away from you to pick up her bikini bottom.

Attached: petit_spirou_5.jpg (1280x1892, 492K)

Older women are scary things, aren't they Little Spirou?

Attached: petit_spirou_6.jpg (1280x1892, 625K)

I had a neighbour behind our house like this. A tomboy girl two years older, who used to join war games of our group of boys. She had to move with her family to the other side of town. Last time I saw her was when I was 12 in the towns local artificial pond and I remember having a bit of a crush on her since she had grown up and developed quite a lot. Slightly older teen girl in soaked and transparent swimming suit, you get the idea. Nowadays she's a fairly standard bloated but kind and caring mother figure with a family of 3 kids. In a way I'm glad she never hooked up me after that last summer because I was too young, her current life seems much happier and more stable than mine.

To Herge's credit, he was very earnest about extending his understanding of the world. Be it on the subject of stereotypes between two nations, or hypotheses on how space travel would work. Not enough folks have that kind enthusiasm for learning.

>les monts de la lune Mourtilleuse
>les deuse collines Mandarine
>la foret magique
under the Moon hills, naturally
pic related of Spirou at another age always looks deliberately suggestive to me

Attached: Spirou Le Journal Dun Ingenu Chapitre 1-page-029.jpg (3553x5000, 2.47M)

Don't you have a MAGA rally to attend?

I'm just sad he never finished his last Tintin story. My brother is a big enough of a fan to still have bought the unfinished version of Alph-Art and that just makes me more upset he died.
Rest in peace you Belgian fool.

>that squirrel
I see what you did there.

>Mourtilleuse
I can't read >les monts la lune merveilleuse
> -> the mountains of the wonderful moon
pic related another petit spirou while I'm here
>that last panel

Attached: petitspirou_1522972536012.jpg (1280x1892, 386K)

So she doesn't shave?

I might just get this and improve my french

dozen of great Little Spirou stuff
every fucking thread it's that one that gets posted
again and again and again
can't you guys save it into your fap folder once for all?

Attached: Le-Petit-Spirou_Le-dentier.jpg (500x634, 118K)

I for one have saved it but it's too wholesome and heartwarming to fap to.

Because like the french you think with your dick and nothing else

I mean, they have plenty of ways to dock in Mecca without handing the coke over to the traffickers, no?
Or is the entire arab world their enemy?

Arabs have been selling niggers for hundreds of years longer than anyone else and they don't intend on stopping. They do it to this day.

Yes but people don't understand context or nuance anymore. The internet has turned us all into dumb cunts.

Was the comic's style too hard to animate? The eyes are way too different.

It's just a cartoony reaction shot. Their eyes embiggen for wilder expressions like in the book.

Attached: wendy_0.jpg (580x420, 78K)

I lived it, it was comfy because it was rural not because of communism, all it did was enforce nepotism and make you steal everything you could.

?

?

Spirou and Fantasio have a squirrel called Spip (I think?) who acts as comic relief during their adventures. It's an in-joke.

As in everythread, please remember that only the top of the crop crosses the ocean and the internets
Don't forget that 70% of european comics are shitty jokes BD about firefighter, garbageman, teachers, shit like "reddit post : the BD" or "that comedy you saw last summer : the BD of the movie" etc...

Attached: policiers01.jpg (400x550, 46K)

>specifically for road rules?? All semester long??
They have this in America, user.

You get a pretty healthy discount on your insurance if you pass it so it's always full up ( people who wouldn't otherwise end up in Summer School take it there if they can't get in during the regular year ).

>jokes BD about firefighter, garbageman, teachers
might not be terribly deep humor, but for the audience it works. there's literally one for everyone. "Les sisters" is literally in that category, and people love it.

it's not a semester full of just that, it also teaches a bit about civic duty and all, voting, drugs dangers, and the like. Road rules are not just for cars though, kids love to bike and play in the street too. and teens tends to want a motorbike so better safe than sorry

here's a less posted story
>squirrel
any relation to Willy?

Attached: 012.jpg (1920x2846, 950K)

Yes, Red Hood is the good guy. He mostly fights nazi leftovers and soviets baddies.

Attached: Captain Berlin #9.jpg (416x600, 110K)

Attached: 013.jpg (1920x2846, 913K)

That's probably the same squirrel. Didn't know they lived to be so old.

Is this an official translation?
Because this joke was about the girl thinking he wants to show his penis. Maybe in english this works only this way?
Or his english name is Willy?

user "willy" means penis.

Git fucked ye bampot

I live in rural Britain and I know of a single family who goes to church. There is no bible-thumping whatsoever, hasn't been since before WWII. A lot of Americanism has come into our culture but it's in no way dominant compaired to either our own culture or influence from Europe, former colonies etc.

> Mourtilleuse
if think its "Merveilleuse"

>official translation
it's a fan translation, here's the original, where "p'tit trilili" must be a euphemism for penis. In older Spriou, his pet squirrel is "Spip", close to "pipe" which means blowjob. Also his girlfriend Suzette might be chosen because it's close to la zézette, slang for vagina

Attached: 012.jpg (1920x2846, 879K)

And it influenced Warhammer 40000 ! Also one metabaron is probably enough to deal with one of the race of wh40k

>squirrel is "Spip", close to "pipe" which means blowjob
which brings us to this user's comment: >>that squirrel
>I see what you did there.

Attached: Spirou Le Journal Dun Ingenu Chapitre 1-page-029_crop.jpg (348x973, 54K)

you just have a tortured mind here.

>talking shit about dofus

Wasn't that guy in Megas XLR

>Megas XLR
wow its kino but isnt Captain Harlock unknow in the US?

Attached: ee1.jpg (640x480, 42K)

There's always someone who knows.

I don't think this has been posted before...

standup4humanrights.org/en/highlights_37.html

Attached: IMG_4284.jpg (1920x2722, 2.46M)

>every fucking thread it's that one that gets posted
Tome & Janry have mentioned in several interviews that's everybody's favorite story by far, so no surprise there.

Most of the dofus books are fanfic tier garbage

Noone posted Spirou as Supergroom.

Attached: image.jpg (600x847, 118K)

And funny that euro capes feel much better than us capes!

Attached: image.jpg (863x1200, 325K)

Attached: image.jpg (500x711, 84K)

whens the drilling class?

>female Lucky Luck

When he is old enough for the army to meet a drillsergeant!

Because the story begins with a costume party and the female friend cosplays as Luky!

Attached: image.jpg (907x1200, 315K)

Seccotine is into cosplay, nice!

Because they tell actual stories and have original ideas instead of recycling the same loser power fantasy capeshit tropes over and over.

Attached: image.jpg (600x793, 104K)

>That costume
>Gross monsters
>Urban setting
>Laser guns
No fucking way

Attached: gantzPerfectT13.jpg (900x1280, 206K)

wait is the monster trying to eat or protect the girls?

Attached: image.jpg (302x420, 88K)

To eat. They are harmless bystanders. Would post the page where they run from it, but you can see titties!

Besides its Starros x Watchmen squid child, its evil!

Attached: image.jpg (780x530, 189K)

just put the whole thing on imgur

she has such a villainous up power

Attached: les-captainz-texier-yoann-suicide.jpg (798x325, 56K)

Wut game?

Its more black and anarchy humor, which i never saw since original authority!

Attached: image.jpg (600x781, 91K)

Attached: image.jpg (600x771, 88K)

Now I want to read these... :)

Attached: image.jpg (600x854, 315K)

Attached: image.jpg (600x854, 356K)

here is your tities
branchesculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/les-captainz-texier-yoann-p-4.jpg?w=640

>you can't show naked titties in Spirou mag anymore
sad!

> Hammam
> For cute girls
Good thing the monster didn't land on the hammam for ugly old men.

Shadowrun is still better.

is it a superhero?

Attached: album-cover-large-34435.jpg (574x800, 553K)

>Jumpkicking infront of Big Ben with her pot of tea
>Has a tartan buttflap
>Random sections of her costume cut off to show the sides of her thighs/ass and her thong
What?

Attached: hiroshiman-integrale-2.jpg (698x698, 71K)

Nothing wrong with that.

It's awkward because the comic was translated from French to Danish and then to English. It's one of Data's scanlations.

Because Barbucci is based Italian, and too good for your prude ass.

he upgaded is artstyle

Attached: b677396c7b2c13f8cd362165fd0e7cfe.jpg (473x550, 60K)

That "translation" almost turned my eyes into two blood geysers.

has someone read this? is it a good pirates comic?

Attached: 2ed64f84-10d1-4f55-a65a-6d5ae5bc070c.jpg (700x658, 109K)

Attached: 1481238833484.jpg (1301x901, 435K)

Here's the original.
What does it _really_ say?

Attached: T02 - 045 Invulnerability.jpg (1606x2195, 2.11M)

No, Ekho is not a super-hero comic.

It has occasional ravenous, horrendous monsters -- but only when they don't drink tea regularly. Otherwise, they're quite proper, formal, and civilized creatures.

It's actually pretty faithful, it's just that that user apparently doesn't know willy means penis.

>Megas
Goat has cameo'ed in Motorcity, Metalocalypse and one more show I can't remember.

freakazoid.jpg

It lists all the super attacks against which their costumes offer protection, then concludes by observing they don't work against math homework.

is this manga or BD?

Attached: 24542.jpg (863x569, 160K)

French is pretty similar to english man. I don't even speak french and I can pretty much get the jist of it.

>For us, it's easy to save the world
>With indestructible clothing
>They're immune to bullets
>immune to missiles
>immune to nuclear explosions
>immune to lasers
>and even immune to alien acid spit
>but they have one major weakness
>They have no resistance to mathematics

Not him, the meaning is pretty much there it's just more dry and awkwardly put.
It does miss the childish talk: "indétruisibles" is not a French word (should be "indestructible") but kids could totally say it wrong that way.
Also the punchline sounds worse.
All in all, pretty much what you would expect of an automatic translation.

What they're saying is obvious. It's the English itself that's shit. It's stiffer than a catholic priests dick at a choirboy camp.

Yeah to a degree, but the CCA didn't cover magazine format comics like Creepy, Mad, Cracked, etc. so I think while it may have had a general infantilizing effect on American comics, it still doesn't explain the limits of the medium in America completely.

>It's stiffer than a catholic priests dick at a choirboy camp.

Attached: smug albert.gif (480x360, 1.93M)

very good job for a non french speaker
but the funny thing is the word "indétruisible" dont existe, its like a child with poor language knowledge would say

Their ugly mishmash language infected English so badly that they're almost mutually intelligible.

but english has like 30% french and 30% latin vocabulary

the french Batman?

Attached: album-cover-large-18986.jpg (599x800, 78K)

Attached: 1480973962083.jpg (846x1113, 249K)

Attached: 1480974024742.jpg (849x1110, 279K)

Attached: 1480974093055.jpg (846x1113, 273K)

Attached: 1480974159729.jpg (850x1112, 295K)

Attached: 1480974224023.jpg (850x1112, 301K)

Does anyone have a download link for the last Lou! Book?

Attached: 1480974287198.jpg (850x1112, 280K)

Attached: 1480974350177.jpg (850x1112, 259K)

Attached: 1480974412166.jpg (850x1112, 292K)

Attached: 1480974474885.jpg (850x1112, 295K)

Well, Google made it understandable, which was the important thing.
As for the punchline, I know we (Americans) would say "mathematics" but the Brits say "maths" so that sounded like a reasonable phrase from someone European.

Google Translate relies upon the fact that we only rarely say something "original". Virtually all sentences get re-used and recombined endlessly. Their "translator" riffles through billions of texts, looking for corresponding phrases in languages A and B, and serves them up. Of course, it "understands" nothing. It just has a better memory and works faster than humans.
If I was to type "We hold these truths to be self-evident" it would come out in French as well as an effort by a fluent bi-lingual speaker-- precisely because fluent speakers have already translated it. That's why they ask for corrections and improvements.

It's all because of 1066.
Efforts by French soldiers to seduce English barmaids led to the French/German/Olde English mish-mash we speak today.
English has a much larger vocabulary and more word-choice options than other languages because it borrowed from so many places.

no feminism nor sjw telling people what they should and can´t write

Because those appeared way after the damage was done and the CCA's power was beginning to wane

>just read hentai.
why are you here then?

Counterpoint: Red One

Anyone care to take a crack at this?
From the spin-off where they really have super-powers.
And it's not just their uniforms.

Attached: 9N8Q9839pk7ow_7M3qjqIbZX8d4.jpg (643x837, 251K)

...and this following page.

Attached: 9782818933558_p_3.jpg (800x589, 124K)

I will never not be mad at Lanfeust for killing Fires of Askell

I thought it was efforts of Anglo soldiers to seduce Norman barmaids.

Some writers has started dipping into it ever so slightly though. Boucher going muh forced representation and Morvan cranking Navis muhsoggyknee bitching higher and higher every new tome for example.

Not true for 'Mad'.
It appeared immediately after the CCA came into being because the Code's language was specifically written to put EC out of business.
But it had a loophole and didn't apply to B&W magazines.

The French invaded England, not the other way around.
French (and Latin) were the 'approved' languages and only uneducated peasants used 'English'.

right now I am reading Lanfeust of Troy, Saga Valta and Thorgal and really enjoying it.
Also found an european comic artists who is doing is own Conan run.
Are there any other good fantasy european comics I should check out?

>my mom is Jewish
>I don't believe in national identity

Every time

>yellow box: far away in the Nickolcreme Galaxy, in the tiniest planete with rings.
>i dont see why i need to go to school while you go on a mission.

>not my fault if my teachers are more often sicks than yours Marine.
>but come on...school has no use for me, because i am a super heroine right?!

>oh that, your last report card proves it : Superbad at Maths, Gigamediocre in History of Planets, Superlame at Dictation, etc, etc.
>yes maybe. But i can bath in the lave without burning myself

>its up to you Marine. But more you study... and more you gain super powers.
>WHAT?

kinda

Percevan and Black Moon Chronicles.

Percevan, Adrastea, I, Dragon (by Juan Gimenez) and there's a graphic novel series about Moorcock's Elric

Attached: Percevan-001.jpg (236x398, 45K)

Also, there's Peter Madsen's Valhalla series too

>The final attack is eating and drinking things in a wrong way
Truly, the Yellow Peril warnings were true

>Thats why personally, i choosed the Vision Xray...
>yohooo...Marine...you see well now that you never listen.
>how so delicious was the PizzaGalaxia with Takass(?) of cheese and caramel.
> a stomach with legs (french expression dont know how to translate well in english)

>Well then if the power to bath in the lave satisfy you ...

>quiiiick...to the spaceship
>you wait you wait and i will be late for school to do the dragon.

i tried

Are you confused or something

Attached: 46F3F9FE-72B9-48F4-9044-380872A44E06.jpg (600x496, 104K)

Superduponts power is to be superfrench. Of course that would also amplify the weaknesses that comes with it.
Your average frog would be disgusted if they saw what Bruce does, but to Dupont it's such a heinous act it would make even Slaanesh wince. Rather than dealing with that kind of reality, his mind simply decides it's coma time.

some people said its really good

Attached: album-cover-large-38196.jpg (571x800, 592K)

Thanks!
Good enough that I catch the gist.
"Stomach with legs" is clearly "All you think about is food" or similar.

I'd post more but don't want to wear out my welcome.

dont hesitate it helps me to practice my (poor) english writing power lol

can somebody repill me on Spirou?
there seems to be a comic with him as an adult with is more action orientated and him as a child which is comedy

Originally Spirou was a mascot for the eponymous magazine and, being a rare occurence of an european publisher-owned character, has gone through a number of authors. His real breakthrough comes with Franquin's run, still considered the stuff of legends in franco-belgian circles, where Spirou becomes a Tintin-style reporter-adventurer but with a more fantastical bent (mad scientists evil and good, cryptids, secret underwater cities and a cold war superweapon) but also a south american dictatorship or weaponized mass media advertising. His successors are a bit more diversely appreciated. I like Fournier (the hippie of the bunch, with ecoterrorism, polynesia, a mafia-supported southeast asia dictatorship, a japanese magician, cider-loving aliens and the first love interest of the series), Tome & Janry (both more grounded yet more parodic with a deconstructive bent, not afraid to go experimental, significant presence of a mafia don as a villain in a version of new york that's entirely racial caricatures, also a hilarious depiction of soviet russia, a sci-fi side with time travel and robots, and more than a few curvaceous ladies.) who eventually created the little spirou spinoff. Ones I like much less are Morvan & Munuera (the first's Lanfeust's writer but a poor fit for Spirou, which he wanted to push in a mangaesque direction), Nick & Cauvin (super uninspired) and Joann & Vehlmann (the current authors, trying hard to put in all the things people loved in previous run but not pulling it off tonally).

It's also gotten a bunch of elseworlds-style one-shot stories by various authors in recent years, many of whci hare much more interesting than the current "real" run.

Art is nice, if you don't mind some WOW creeping in around the edges, but the writing is pretty meh.

Obligatory Melusine

I'm still kinda unconvinced by Clarke's solo run in recent years but I've gotta say the payoff in the final page of the latest book was worth it.

Attached: 3159240 - Clarke Melusine Melusine_Anoukian Spirou_Magazine.jpg (1000x1422, 120K)

Nah, basically an isekai about the author's self insert and a hot bland chic landing in some whacky parallel universe.

Nice art, but shit writing.

interesting. I always wanted a more Tintin story that features supernatural or scifi elements so I am probably going to check it out. thanks user

since we are posting european comcis I can also recommend the mercenary series.
if anybody else got something that he wants to share please do so

Attached: mecenary.jpg (1280x1740, 299K)

no it´s way to original for that.
the most fun comes from looking at what weird creature or fantastical city they are meeting next

is percevan really long series?
and what is I? as in who wrote it so that I can google it better

Super hero comics, thats why

both of these, with CCA the big comic companies in the US leaned super hard on super heroes comics, which in the long run just gave writers really bad story telling habits, it's no suprise that most of the best super comic works are made by Europeans.

But these bad story telling habits has come back to bite super hero comics in the ass, doesn't help that they're basically bad soap opreas.

I really enjoy european comic threads.
I hope storytimes of them make a return. some kind anons used to do it every now and then around 2016

Where do people find Little Spirou comics? I've been searching for an hour online and found only 4 volumes in english.

Attached: Little_Spirou_-_v13_-_009.jpg (1200x1595, 457K)

>what is it?
Percevan is a wandering knight who keeps running afoul of wizards or corrupt nobles, and not unusually also in the aid of maidens.
>is percevan really long series?
Not really, currently there are 16 issues, and most of it can already be found in collected volumes, it's drawn by Philippe Luguy, and written by Jean Léturgie and Xavier Fauche
Also, you can just google Legends of Percevan and look for the cbr's

Attached: zeNVUWw.jpg (1686x2382, 1.88M)

try in kaskus

And which book is the "latest"?

Attached: Melusine 09.28.jpg (1395x1920, 793K)

thanks friend

OK, two more

Attached: 9782818933848_p_5.jpg (800x1086, 232K)

The energy blasts aren't a super power. Wendy is carrying an atomic laser.
Of course, Maureen/Marinne wants one too but there are VERY good reasons no one trusts her with it.

Attached: 9782818933848_p_6.jpg (800x1086, 244K)

27, "La guerre sans magie"

this is actually really really cute

divine cybermancy?

Was the other witch's death canon?

>Thats it, here we are!!
>This, forest Salsade and Demons...
>...Blondinette (blonde little girl), in all is length the forest, you must go through(he talks like Yoda but i cant find a rhyme with forest). Without yelling a single time.

>Oh yeah?! even if i get lost?
>Yes! This echelon(? no idea maybe "call it") "Trial of courage".

>I thought i just needed to go to a jewelry store to get this laser bracelet.
>Lets go...if my sister did it, it means its easy peasy!

storytime?

What do you mean? It's always been, form the moment it occurred.

Asking because I haven't read that one or pretty much most since I can't read french, only read the ones that were translated, so I don't know how the series has "progressed" since Clarke took over

>Han! My gosh (not exactly that but its nearly the same meaning), it come out from nowhere.

>What is she doing???

>Allo Kyo... So... what are you on now?

>So..."You can say to my burden of sister to stop relaxing.

>Kyonnobbu sorry big sista, but little sista failed.

>What?!

>Yes, she, thi...
>"failed" means "flopped"?!
>Because its not me that yelled, its was them!!!

>allo, big sista...me mistaken...level 3 successful, we go to level 4 now.

it was a bit harder too much casual french in it

Have a spaghetti Western.

Attached: 1.jpg (1049x1470, 447K)

Attached: 2.jpg (1049x1418, 390K)

Attached: 3.jpg (1045x1449, 481K)

Attached: 4.jpg (1049x1445, 431K)

mama insult is too strong

not mama!

Definitely! And the artist explained why he did it.

Attached: Why Cancrelune had to die.gif (776x683, 154K)

Thanks again.
I'm fluent in English and several computer programming languages, but never had success with "foreign" tongues.

like they said "practice makes perfect" if you need to use a 2nd language (work, games, books or friends) its more easy

Darn! I've no scans (translated or not) past 24.
Anyone have links?

I'm sure.
I have a friend who squeezed "No one is here to take your call. Please leave a message" in 6 or 7 languages into 30 seconds.
For some people it's easier than for others. :(

just search for melusine in desuarchive and you'll get all the scans you want

Not a single western artist will accept the sweatshop tier work that is behind a manga.

they dont have a choice the comic book market is nearly dead and manga is blooming

Even the mom is hot!

>it come out from nowhere.
I would say "they're coming out from everywhere" or just "they're everywhere", she's overrun not surprised.
> So... (the alien one)
Maybe "Well..." but I'm nitpicking.

>Hating on Mignola.

Personally, I disagree with that pic, but nonetheless hate Mignola for how he (mis)handled Hellboy in Hell and it's conclusion

Attached: literallymern.jpg (500x276, 20K)

c'est la vie

I don't hate him for it but I believe there was so much more potential to Hellboy in Hell and kinda wished he would have gone with his first idea and do more stuff in there. I mean I still like Hellboy in Hell but I feel like it could have been longer.

Basically, yeah

What's the manga above a picture of Berserk and next to Prison School? The one with the kids swimming and the whale?

>The one with the kids swimming and the whale?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Sea_(manga)

Thank you based weeb

Anytime

Attached: 1548112547547.png (480x360, 152K)

>Europe Comics will never translate the rest of this series
Sad!

Attached: 477588._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1729, 614K)

>they'll never translate the rest of this series either
Sadder!

Attached: 574478._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1757, 283K)

>nope
Saddest!

Attached: 71gLxjpedKL.jpg (1127x1640, 137K)

Anyone knows if they finished Lou! Already?
If they did Anyone have any translate scans?

I really liked Yoko Tsuno when I was young. I might buy all the old books one day. Just search for some pictures. This is so SciFi with Megastructures, blue-skinned Subterrans, etc.

I also enjoyed a lot of Spirou and Fantasio and LMAO about Gaston. Currently I'm coming back into comics, because I'm watching Ethan Van Scivers channel on Youtube.

Attached: 9782800109718-es.jpg (364x500, 75K)

adieu.

short storytime at nice thread, I guess for more story based comics see