Why isn't there an animated movie about DC's Multiverse yet? And I mean a Theatrical one

Why isn't there an animated movie about DC's Multiverse yet? And I mean a Theatrical one.

Attached: Multiversity_Map_2400_53ee6b4c22d9a9.11031355.jpg (2400x1880, 901K)

There could be one soon. Spider-Verse was successful enough. Just do Multiversity or something

They ought to start with a Sandman movie. It was extremely popular back in the day, so it'd be a perfect hopping on point for the masses.

I WANT THIS BUT I DONT WANT THIS
its gonna be so hard to pull a sandman movie off
id say a tv show would be better but ive watched lucifer and i fucking hate it

Attached: corinthiansmile.png (545x561, 567K)

I guess this earth floats outside.

Attached: Dark-Knights-Rising-The-Wild-Hunt-1-Spoilers-DC-Comics-Dark-Nights-Metal-20-e1518638837157.jpg (1833x1810, 688K)

>They ought to start with a Sandman movie
As much as I would like this, there is absolutely no way they wouldn't mess it up.

Because we don't deserve one.

So where is Moore, Morrison, and Kirby? Are they outer rings around all the white? Does that mean Bendis is now a "god" too in DC?

They've tried it repeatedly since 2000 or so and it's never gotten off the ground.

They gotta do if as some "prestige" TV shit, like on HBO or Netflix or something. If it's just on network TV like Fox or NBC, they'll bastardize it until it fits the "crime drama with a funny twist" formula, and make it "Bones" with a fantasy character.

Live action not animation.

I'm aware, that's what they've been trying. It's been in development hell for decades as a live action project, with JGL being attached to the last attempt. Apparently one of the scripts was so bad Gaiman trashed it as the worst thing he'd ever read.

JGL would've been a bad choice for dream anyway. Maybe Daniel Hall but not Morpheus. The only for sure casting choice I know would be Stephen Dillane as Destiny of the Endless. You would know him as Stannis Baratheon.

normies wouldn't even be able to handle mysticism in Thor and Thanos
no way would they understand DC's Multiverse

>Why isn't there an animated movie about DC's Multiverse yet?
Same reason why no one followed through with Multiversity #3 or Thunderworld #2 or even a Multiversity line using the series spine.

Gaiman has a show he's writing now and it's being made a big deal cause Christian soccer moms are protesting it, so he might gain enough clout to finally get a servicable live action Sandman project off the ground.

ADAPT KINGDOM COME GODDAMN IT

Fuck off dude, we want a multiversal movie. Not an elseworld that's just as bleak if not bleaker than MoS/BvS

...In the toilet, hopefully.

What?

I just wanna see KC Green Lantern and Flash in action. They were the coolest

Gaiman has never lost clout, as far as literary fame goes he's probably only below the biggest hitters of popcorn literature like Tom Clancy and Stephen King.

because the people only want Batman, even when they say they would rather have a multiversity book.

because normies will be like
>hurr durr DC copying spiderverse

But normies know about DC having a complex multiverse, don't they? Plenty of DC show have referenced it, even the CW shows are exploring it.

theatrical animation is dead. animation doesn't let hollywood show off epic hyperrealistic graphics

>But normies know about DC having a complex multiverse, don't they?
God no, see the way normies work is that because spider-verse is more popular then that means they're the ones who came up with it.

normies knew of justice league too

Creators are the Source, as well as anything else in reality that influences the fiction