Toy Story 4

Please flop
Please flop
Please flop

Attached: 1EDAE81C-3390-4C42-AB22-3558E0D9D66F.jpg (677x164, 36K)

Based on that image it already didn't flop dumb ass

It flopped in China if that's any relief
But we all knew from the beginning it wouldn't, people are consuming it without thinking about it and how poor quality it is because of name. People really are that easy to manipulate

Nigga it has to make double to not flop.

It most definitely will not flop.
Most you can hope for is for it to earn the least in the series.

how do you even waste 200 million on a full CGI movie with character models you already have saved somewhere? I guessing 90% of the budget went to voice actors

>is only 3 days on theater and already made 200M
>FLOP FLOP FLOP

It won't. It will make a billion.

Apparently, it's underperforming.

Attached: 1561330285370.jpg (640x711, 167K)

Legit one of the dumbest posts I have seen here.

Looking at the cast list I can't imagine they could have spent that much. Other than Tom Hanks and Keanu Reeves none of the actors listed are that much in demand to warrant that much money.

I mean no one's knocking down the door for Annie Potts and Tim Allen to be in their next big picture.

It's already made more than Toy Story 3 did on its first weekend... it's over user, Pixar is dead.

Screw you, OP. The Toy Story franchise is kino. I hope it makes a billion just like the third film.

>ITT: Yea Forums rocks back and forth in the basement, hopelessly praying for a major blockbuster picture to finally flop
>never happens

by when? the first or second day of release? it's already almost made the budget and it'll be out for another month at least. fucking retards I swear to god, lmfao

Animation mostly has flopped this year which is great
Disney is that harder shell to crack in getting a failure

>ITT: Yea Forums rocks back and forth in the basement, hopelessly praying for a major blockbuster picture to finally flop

Fixed that for you, because I've been noticing a steady influx of filthy Yea Forums migrants coming in with their shitposting and bait threads for the past year or so, just check for the posts that deliberately stir up company wars, sneedposting, and liberal use the word 'kino' to identify those subhumans.

It isn’t poor quality so why would it flop?

>Yea Forums blames another board for its own faggotry.
could you not

Attached: 1543350715951.jpg (872x685, 88K)

The irony of it is that despite its budget and for all its marketing Child's Play will still make back three times its budget (domestically only, even) and this will struggle to make back double its budget even worldwide. Hopefully studios will realize soon the current model isn't working.

More importantly, what will make more money? Toy Story or Frozen?

>wanting a kids movie to flop

Attached: what happened to you.jpg (387x918, 149K)

What the motherfucking assfuck are you talking about? It has to be profitable to not flop.

Frozen for sure

Based Disney doesn't flop retard

Now fuck off back to

>Company fagging
Sounds like you are Yea Forums

Go back to Yea Forums where you belong

usually people say the budget dont include the marketing cost.
and the marketing is usually the asame cost as the movie.
or something like that.

The first two weeks of a film's release are considered its most profitable. It's already made back its base budget in three days and still has eleven days to make bank. It might underperform but it's almost certainly not gonna flop.

It's a soulless sequel.

When will you fags stop using the "it's 4kidz" excuse to justify shitty animation and a industry held hostage by it

I thought that was their next movie.

Attached: Soulless.jpg (930x562, 241K)

Like pottery

I'm not saying it's good or bad, I'm just saying you're stupid to care if it makes money or not.

i think Frozen II has more hype than Toy Story 4

OH NO NO NO

Attached: MOGGED.png (95x374, 60K)

4kidz One Piece was the best version unironically. Normal One Piece tries to be goofy and edgy at the same time. The 4kidz one picks a lane and sticks to it

>t. Increasingly desperate Gen-Y doomer who is fighting against da system while buying DC movies, Hot Topic shirts and ironic R&M merchandise.

Attached: Screenshot_20190611-172353_Chrome.jpg (505x530, 74K)

oh no they only made 238 million instead of 250 million

they're gonna fucking starve

Attached: 1560226477266.gif (353x234, 2.3M)

That's garbage and a terrible way to look at budgeting

Honestly, how many ads did you see about Toy Story 4
Unlike literally any other movie, they really don't have to advertise it
All they need to do is drop a trailer and every news organization will start talking about it

>Implying he isn't right in a regard with how shitposters from /r9k/, /pol/, Yea Forums and Yea Forums come here and other places to fuck every board up.

Of course, we and the mods are also at fault for not enforcing the rules to keep shitposters away, but still, you can smell the incel-ness and stupidity when it's clear some posters are not from the respective board or site.

that's an odd screencap

almost like you're expecting everyone to be as retarded as you and not notice that you cut off the actual comparisons

Then it will. Even shit films everyone hates double their opening

Well then if that’s the case wouldn’t it be even easier to not flop? Excluding market costs is a massive burden lifted from the film’s shoulders.

>hollywood has trained people to only go to the theaters for franchise movies
>people are getting tired of franchise movies

Uh oh.

It's nice to see the same dipshits who kept saying Aladdin and Captain Marvel were flops are still trying

See you retards when Lion King and Spiderman Far From Home make a billion

The corporate side of Disney are some of the greediest assholes in the business. They probably expected this to sell gangbusters because it's fucking Toy Story. This movie was made solely to wring out any money left in the franchise, seeing it just break even is probably going to piss them off.

How the fuck are you people this goddamned stupid?

Which still wouldn’t be that bad and almost guarantee Toy Story 5.

>Of course, we and the mods are also at fault for not enforcing the rules to keep shitposters away, but still, you can smell the incel-ness and stupidity when it's clear some posters are not from the respective board or site.
It's this complete lack of self awareness that keeps Yea Forums shit. Stop blaming other boards and outside forces for this board's own shitposting and baiting.

I said shut up, crossboarder.

Attached: 9dc.jpg (400x400, 16K)

I did notice that, I just assumed you would focus on the relevant info and not be an autist.

Spiderman won't make a billion, that franchise isn't what it used to be.
You can say it'll make Captain Marvel money, but Captain Marvel was carried hard by being sandwiched between Avengers films.

>It's this complete lack of self awareness that keeps Yea Forums shit.

It's the lack of enforcement of board rules and crossboarding shitposters such as yourself, actually.

>Stop blaming other boards and outside forces for this board's own shitposting and baiting.

You lot stick out like a sore thumb given how your habits outlined in are so prominent. You morons don't even bother hiding it because you ass brains actually make the same bait threads on here and in your cesspool at, or around, the same time, using the same fucking headline and same fucking picture.

You would have said the same if Into the Spiderverse was made by WDAS

>people are getting tired of franchise movie
We can only hope.

Spiderverse made less that 500 million tho and I honestly think that film's growing popularity will also overshadow Far from Home.

It has to make a gazillion dollars otherwise it's a flop.

you're delusional man, most movies released this year outside of Marvel capeshit has been underperforming. the investors are happy with TS4 getting that much money.

because Spiderverse is an animated non-Disney movie, not because people are tired with Spiderman in general.

>modern disney
>minus any and all originality or creativity
>sequelmania runnin wild
>braindead worshipping masses with gaping mouths eagerly accepting any and all shit flavors
Ain't happening, chief. Maybe in another 30 years when they're through with Toy Story 11.

If it's a movie Yea Forums doesn't like it needs at least 10x the budget not to flop.
Other Yea Forums flops include Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Avengers Endgame.

Well keep dreaming. That will never happen.

They only gained 38 dollars

Nigga its a disney movie
A toy story movie on top of it
Shit is gonna make hella bread

It’s not going to reach past a billion.
Screen cap this

Kek

I think animators in the commentary for Toy Story 2 or 3 or else in that Pixar documentary they made said that they don't actually reuse models in Pixar movies that much even though that was supposed to be a significant part of why it would be appealing to develop computer animation rather than doing solely hand drawn animation. LIke they said it was supposed to be like a 'digital backlot' but they said that they mostly just reused models for like stationary cars on streets and stuff on the walls of Andy's room and maybe background characters.

I'm not sure how accurate the statement is. Maybe they'll change in the future though because I've seen some people claim that one of the new characters in Frozen 2 reuses Moana's model. Although those are Disney and not Pixar.

Toy Story 4 has already made more than Shazam domestically.

I believe in the Monster's Inc commentary they mentioned that the original plan was to save all the assets and re-use them in other movies to cut down production costs but they didn't wind up doing that because 1)Animation quality goes up so much between that an asset from Toy Story or Bug's life would look primitive and out of place in Toy Story 4 or Coco and 2)the art style for the different movies is completely different. Sharing assets between Toy Story, Good Dinosaur, and Wall-E just wouldn't work because the movies look so different.

I wish disney corporation would be split already. American anti-monopoly is a fucking joke.

Phenomenal post

>Hmm, I guess all those ~thousands of hours rendering on high end computers ~hundreds of times to redo and repolish brand new scenes for story telling purposes totally cost peanuts to do, it has to be all on the VAs as to way the price is so high...

Attached: 1504981150792.png (290x290, 125K)

You think the single best company for cgi would recycle character models?

As we all know, 3d models are just like real actors, only they don't need to get paid.
You just tell them to do stuff, and they act on their own, walking around in their little 3d houses, building new sets from spare pixels if need be.

>>Yea Forums blames another board for its own faggotry.
Yea Forumsfaggot here, don't. Crossboarders do, and has, crossboarded just to kill the state of other boards. Yea Forums as of the death of Dumblr, has become BETTER than Yea Forums Twitter is THEIR new Tumblr, because Tumblrinas went to Twitter. They went from cartoon social drama to video game social drama. These faggots attack the most vulnerable of places, and Yea Forums controls both. They had for years, first for Yea Forums, then to Yea Forums.

Bruh you’re fucking midget ass beat the fuck outta you bruh you fucking dumbass nigga

I think it´s more a problem with their overall projection.
let´s say they originally estimated making 250 in the first week and 90m in the second.
now if they are 22m off already in the first week then the second week might fall out shorter then planed as well. same for the 3rd week and 4th, etc.
stack that up all together and you can come of 100m short or more then originally planned which is going to make the stock owners angry since you promised them those extra 100m

no kid fucking cares about toy story these days.
they weren´t even alive when the 2nd movie came out.
it´s just boomer parents going in for nostalgia and taking their kids with them

most kids weren´t even alive when the 3rd movie came out

Bro. It havent even start showing everywere

>Kids aren’t interested in kids movie

Budget doesn't include
>marketing (usually as high if not higher than production costs)
>distribution
>theater costs

No, it wouldn't. Just why do you care about how it's doing it anyway? If it would have been major flop, they would do another stupid remake or reboot.

Just chill and find more entertaining topics to think about.

Be sarcastic all you want, but it really is about 50% of the budget for the VAs.

he formula for determining whether a movie is a success is:

>1.15(budget+marketing).

Marketing isn't generally made public, but most of the time it's around the same as the production budget.

The extra 15% is because that's the basic RoI. If a studio can't deliver 15% profit I might as well just invest in some nice safe stocks.

>it is another "asshurt WB fag showing to the world how pathetic his kind is" episode

Really makes you think.

it´s not just because of marketing cost. theatre cut (especially for movies released in china) also plays a big role why movies don´t break even by covering the production budget alone

Right, but the threshold for profit is usually 2-2.5x the reported budget

>Anyone who likes WB is a faggot!
If you only like mainstream shit then you should retreat back into your mousehole, shill.

No it hasn't. It will, but what led you to make such an odd comparison?

>but most of the time it's around the same as the production budget.
You know the marketing budget for Infinity War was 150mil? That's way less than production. A studio doesn't usually pay for all it's own marketing either but has partners. Going back to Infinity War, Coca Cola provided 40mil for marketing.

Attached: 1541366419517.jpg (314x295, 24K)

How does that mousecock taste like?

he is a mouseshill

You mean Toy Story 4 making that much in 3 days while Secret Life of Pets 2 needed 17?

THIS IS HOW THE AMERICAN ANIMATION INDUSTRY DIES!

like the best of candy
thanks for asking

Attached: Sugarfina-Candy-Mickey-Mouse-Buttons-Cube-Gift-Box-225-root-R2806_R2806_1470_1.jpg_Source_Image.jpg (1024x1024, 71K)

I don't understand why TS4 cost so much when SLOPS2 was made for 80mil. I guess Tom Hanks just commands that sort of pay

it went through production hell for a while. Lasseter and many other writers left the production, so it was rewritten from scratch several times. the film was announced and began production back in 2014 yet Tom Hanks finished his recordings in January 2019. the original story wasn't even a continuation from TS3, so the movie had changed a lot from what Lasseter and others envisioned.

also the details for the character models are insane, just take a look at that cat, it definitely took a lot of rendering power to achieve that

>I don't understand why TS4 cost so much when SLOPS2 was made for 80mil.

1st off, illumination is notorious for it's cost cutting. They reuse assets like no one else does. Characters, rigs, models if it isn't an original character it's based on a pre-existing creation. That's why the background characters for despicable me look interchangeable with those of the lorax or even the Grinch.

2nd, and this is the big one, Pixar is notorious for being the one animation company on the face of planet Earth that does not do any compositing whatsoever. Every last image you see in a Pixar movie is rendered entirely at once, this is hella time-consuming and expensive. While most studios will render out effects or background elements independently to speed up render times Pixar says fuck it and renders everything at once for the sake of consistency.

Yes, I only watch the finest of independent, avant-garde cinema from noted art house Warner Brothers.

Holy cope

Ye

Eat a dick, Yea Forums. We’ve been dealing with your casual ass bullshit for a while now.

That's still irrelevant in the long run because it'll still likely make it's money back easily.
Hell even movies that ARE flops make their money back eventually. The Street Fighter movie gets like $1mil in profits every time it gets played on tv.

Dude I've seen theaters with fucking toy stands to sell all the Toy Story toys for like $40 for a Operation game.
They're gonna make at least a billion by all their Toy Story related stuff before 4th of July.

Nah

>made 200M
that's gross, not profits. they barely scrap a third or half of that depending on the country where it's from. Sometime less.

Best fucking post ITT.

>think of the children! thos poor hardworking megacorpo billionaires will be SAAAAADDD!

Disney would never let it flop, even if their loyal base of suburban soccer moms didn't take their kids to see it Disney would just buy out theater space until it turned a respectable profit, like they do with everything they own

How many of these threads have you made, you obsessed twat? Maybe go to KiwiFarms if you're this autistic over a fucking movie.

the movie '8' would like to talk to you

Bitch, you're not some anti-capitalist anarchist warrior. You're a dweeb who's seething over a children's movie. Quit pretending you're sticking it to the man by crying about Toy Story.

Imagine shilling a mega corporation's product for free

>telling spergs to calm down is shilling for corporations
you need help

yea but it's only been 3 days. also it's still the Top 4 best film opening this year, and guess what? all 4 films were Disney so nobody is unhappy with this except Yea Forumsntrarians

Attached: Capture+_2019-05-26-18-19-49-1.png (212x211, 87K)

It's not actually on principle, I believe there are hidden cases here and there where they did re-use models and I believe they wanted to re-use Toy Story 1 models for 2, but Toy Story 2 got deleted like fucking twice or something.

I hope they at least pay you minimum wage

>Yea Forums
You can say it all you want but only Yea Forums is retarded enough to be this obsessed and wrong about Box Office

Why do you want it to flop?

BECUZ DIDNEY BAD!!!!

doesnt change the fact chinks hated it and they lost the market.

Toy Story never had a market in China. One to three were never released theatrically there, of course chinks don't care about 4. It's like suddenly a Chinese studio decided to release Ching Chong Beautiful 4 worldwide.

Says who?

The threshold for profit is making more money than it cost to produce. As with anything else.

Exactly.

It's really easy not to flop. People just like to throw that word around to create buzz, and not Buzz Lightyear.

Nor does the box office include
>merchandising
>promotional tie-ins
>sponsorship deals

Rice

Yea Forums is wrong about literally everything. Every prediction they make ends up blowing up in their faces, and they rage and seethe and go full denial mode every time because they don't want to admit they're wrong. Yea Forums is so wrong they could say it's a sunny day outside and goddamn clouds would roll in.

Here we see them wrong about yet another mediocre Disney movie, because it's already made more than either Dark Phoenix or Secret Life of Pets 2. And it'll keep making more money, for weeks.

>, because it's already made more than either Dark Phoenix or Secret Life of Pets 2.
Even Yea Forums knew Dark Phoenix was doomed. I'm just glad it's collapse means Shazam wont be the worst performing capeshit of the year

>200 million
holy shit I never realized cartoons cost that much to make.

China doesn't care about shit that's almost wholly derived from western nostalgiafaggotry like Toy Story and Star Wars.

Pays better than Dreamworks is paying you to anti-shill.

They don't have to. Secret Life of Pets 2 only cost 80mil, Lego 2 100mil and HTTYD3 130mil

the technical aspect probably only cost like 40-50 millions, the problems is the execs, the voice, and other secondary costs

>the technical aspect probably only cost like 40-50 millions

What kind of statement is that? Amount of work and time spent increases the cost. Every other animated movie also has execs and celeb voice actors.

>best opening weekend of any Toy Story movie
>4th best opening of any animated movie, ever
>Guise, I hope it flops!

Attached: intredasting.jpg (685x567, 53K)

What “making more money” and “cost to produce” don’t mean what you think they do here. Reported budget is just production budget, and doesn’t account for marketing costs. And the box office numbers don’t represent how much money the studio gets back, just how much was spent at theaters, the theaters themselves take a cut of ticket sales. That’s why they always talk about a movie’s “break even point” above the production budget.

>>best opening weekend of any Toy Story movie
Kinda, but not really. I know Inflation has become a meme because of Endgame and Avatar fags screaming at each other but it is real. We should go by tickets sold .
I think the illusion that this is under performing has come from it not hitting Disney's own estimate

>I'm just glad it's collapse means Shazam wont be the worst performing capeshit of the year
user, Legendary AF Hellboy had that covered.
>International Gross: n/a

Attached: Hellboyasfuck.jpg (753x383, 46K)

I don't really consider Hellboy capeshit . If we go by stuff based on comics then Shazam also has MiB beat. But fuck me Hellboy really failed hard

It's easy to miss your estimates when you are constantly trying to bat at "highest grossing X of all time". Toy Story 4 won't be seen as a failure by Disney. Incredibles 2 had the advantage of being:
A sequel to Pixar's best movie
and
the hottest genre of movies in the last 10 years
I'd have been stunned if a cartoon about a cowboy toy got anywhere close to Incredibles 2.

Yes, they do.
A film is profitable when it makes more money then the cost of the set, the cast, the crew, the location, etc

What the fuck are you talking about?