Last time I was following Green Lantern was when Guy was leading the Red Lantern corp...

Last time I was following Green Lantern was when Guy was leading the Red Lantern corp. What are all these guys up to lately?

Attached: green_lantern_corps__earth_27__by_phil_cho_dbfyiku-fullview.jpg (1024x469, 105K)

Eh, not much. John’s on the Justice League doing with Snyder, Jessica’s chilling in space on a Darkseid thing. Hal’s doing regular space cop stuff with Morrison . The others are doing their shit as usual.

>A Green Lantern but he has a GUN
simply genius

>Jessica’s chilling in space on a Darkseid thing.
I thought that said chilling on darkseid's thing

It's cause his ring is shitty so when it fails he uses the gun makes sense when you run out of charge

Guy went Green again and had a kino friendship with Arkillo, Hal is doing solo investigations, John is on the League, Jess is lezzing out with Starfire in space, Kyle is on Titans, and Simon doesn't exist anymore

Ship
Morrison mentioned Baz I think

I mean, its pretty based. Heroes are constantly getting depowered or nullified or whatever. Or running out of lantern juice. Its nice to have a contingency plan.

Attached: simon-baz-shoots-sinestro-with-a-gun-4.jpg (620x953, 203K)

I don't think anyone knows what happened to Simon after his and Jess's book ended.

Better than a bomb

A GL was supposed to die in HIC, so this probably was going to be him

Attached: GL.png (647x1000, 1.57M)

Hal is having solo adventures, John is on the JL, Jessica is in JL Odyssey, Kyle was in Titans but that got canned, Guy and Simon are nowhere

Did King ever say who it was? I didn't see any lantern getting killed by Wally in the splash page

>Did King ever say who it was?
Nope it was never brought up again, best to just assume it was a random nobody wearing a GL t-shirt

Maybe Kyle? King’s done work with him before, seems like something he’d do.

King isn't going to kill Kyle, who would he speak terrible Spanish through?

Im surprised he didn't have Jess speak any

The status quo when i stopped reading was:
John in charge of the lanterns
Guy and Kyle back in green and being stationary on Mogo
Hal being back as a regular lantern and basically doing what the fuck he wants
Simon and Jess being the lanterns of earth

And that's about it, since then there has been a new lantern from Bendis i heard, and i don't really know whats everyone's whereabouts right now, i doubt the likes of Kyle, Guy and John even got used since Venditti's GLC.

She’s not technically a Lantern. She’s a kid who hacked a Power Battery

I could have sworn that this is where they were going with the character

>Simon Baz gets the ring after Hal and Sinestro give the ring conflicting instructions to find a ringbearer like themselves
>The ring compromises and chooses a recipient like Abin Sur, because it turns out Abin Sur shared many of both Hal and Sinestro's qualities
>The ring finds Baz becuase, just like Abin Sur was too afriad to rely on his ring and used a spaceship to compensate, Baz doesn't want to rely on the ring, and carries a gun just in case

But as far as I know, they never made any Simon Baz/Abin Sur connection explicit.

What drives me nuts though is how asshurt Batman was over this. Fuck the pointy eared bastard, god forbid a space cop carries a sidearm. Oh what, that doesn't count but the entire GCPD does? He really is a fucking spoiled baby wanting everything his way

I blame the writer there, I thought that was pretty fucking stupid myself.

Simon and Jess became actually decent and interesting characters courtesy of Dogfucker.

Read Hal Jordan and the GLC 2016-2018 if you want some prime Guy.

Dogfucker?

If they had, it would have ended with Simon dead. Abin is a cautionary tale, willpower is belief, expecting your ring to fail CAUSES it to fail.

Sam Humphries once wrote an indy book about bestiality, so Yea Forums calls him Dogfucker.

That has never happened (at least not that I recall). He used the gun, but alongside his ring, which was stupid as the ring is way more powerful. But the gun wasnt used when the ring failed. The ring did fail on him majorly when Cyborg Superman/Hank Henshaw hacked the entire GL ring network. By this time, Simon had given up on carrying the gun and trusted his ring enough. Stupidly, the writer didnt have him devovle back into not trusting the ring and carrying a gun again. It could have been something neat and he could have had paranoid delusions of the ring failing on him, but nope, he was just like "Zero of the rings work? No big fucking deal. I definitely shouldnt go back to carrying any sort of backup for this EXACT SCENARIO."

One of the covers had Killowag dead, even though its clear that the style of the dead GL's suit is shown in the pages as having Guy's vest. It was a different page than

that cover was a reference to Emerald Twilight when Hal killed Kilowog, not something that happened in HiC

Nobody has any clue what the hell Simon is doing

bangin bitches in his space house

What would a gun do against Cyborg fucking Superman?

Either way, my point was that it wasn't Kilawog who died.

For some reason Batman considers himself to be every single superhero's supervisor. and that everyone should always strive for Batman's approval at all times and adhere to his specific code of conduct.

Attached: 1019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.89M)

I mean for children heroes he usually is a mentor to some degree to makes sense he acted liked one when dealing with a GL because most of the GL he works with are as smart as children

Sigh... the gun is a pretty worthless option in a lot super hero situations, but that isnt the point. The gun represents his lack of faith in his ring and it could have resulted him getting paranoid that it would fail on him, as it obviously did. It could have added something to his character. Instead he's just "uhhh I guess we can make a muslim Green Lantern? Make people think he's a terrorist!!".

That's historically Batman's problem with Hal, Guy, John, and now Simon. They don't put up with Bruce's shit

Go home and cry about your parents, Bruce

They are also smart asses, like this is the first time a new GL meets batman and immediately already is a smart ass

Attached: simon-baz-meets-the-justice-league-2[1].jpg (1366x768, 179K)

Why doesn't Jessica Cruz hate him when it seems like every GL dislikes him due to being an embodiment of fear

One Punch Guy
ONE PUCH

Jess and Kyle were more the "I'm just happy to be here!" types whenever they were on the League. They're the least confrontational of the Lanterns and that's why Batman likes them the most

Learn to spell, Bruce.

Batman played a mentor role to Jessica.

Attached: wow.jpg (1041x1600, 370K)

Honestly it's a lot to ask someone to trust some alien tech that they have no way of vouching as an absolute willpower converter. Doubting your own self is one thing, but doubting some external object just handed to you is another. Not a clear message they're teaching there.

The n key jammed on my computer my bad, still though

Attached: 1punch.jpg (1328x2048, 425K)

God, I love Jess.

Well, Jess had a threesome with Batman and Catwoman when they were still engaged, so...

Attached: Justice League v06 - The People vs. the Justice League (2018) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Justice Le (1988x3056, 1.14M)

If Hal, John, or Guy were wearing a malfunctioning ring, it wouldn't be out of character for them to make it work anyway by willing it to.

That's the whole point of the concept, to be a GL you have to be able to make things happen just by wanting it hard enough.

I love how even though Jess is afraid she's still able to talk shit at someone through the fear.

Then they should be able to do so without a ring.

Hal can.

>she's still able to talk shit at someone through the fear.
as should any GL be able to, it's nice to see how far she progressed

You implying Kyle didn't have a threesome with Batman and Wally?

Did Kyle make a construct in between the balls so they never touched

Is the Corpse still around or were they eliminated? What about the Mean Machine?

That fucking retarded.

Of course, don't want it to be gay that'd be awkward

I bet it was just a chinese knock off battery

I mean, he could. Easily even

That's even dumber

His ring was shitty and he probably would barely be able to use it, I bet batman had something in his belt to deal with him

I believe that Vothoom must have fucked with the battery or something. GL Rings and Power Battery should be one of the hardest things to hack.
This is worse than when Batman stole Hals ring.

>This is worse than when Batman stole Hals ring.
But Hal is dumb so that's okay

so when do they fuck

Jess is pure

Attached: Jammies.png (1766x576, 1.11M)

not for long

Attached: Guy_Gardner_DCUO_001.jpg (630x392, 102K)

-ly for sex

"hack" shouldn't even be a viable word. Lanterns aren't PCs running fucking software.

Can you hack a refrigerator? It's 100% a language issue, like most of the problem with Bendis' writing. If she "hotwired" a lantern I wouldn't be so platinum fucking mad.

She kissed batman I don't think she is pure

Attached: simon-baz-and-jessica-cruz-in-the-batcave-2[1].jpg (991x497, 593K)

I'm ok with people "hacking" a ring but the Central Power Battery?

Attached: 1345343235.jpg (583x638, 120K)

the smartest person in the DC universe is a 11 year old girl
YOU GOT TO DEAL WITH IT

Someone could salvage her.

I really would like to know how

>wants criminals to fear him and see him as an inhuman monster
>wtf they think I'm half animal this is ridiculous!

Nope. Child geniuses are insufferable

She willed it to work the way she wants it to, and the power battery shrugged, did a willpower check, and thought "ok kid you're good to go". She believed hard enough and it "worked".

The videos were causing regular people to go crazy and want to kill batman

Use her less often (Reserve member?)
Move away from OA Lanterns? Keep the Lantern theme but use light manipulating abilities like Halo instead?
Involve her with other geniuses in DC and slowly build her up from there.

This is my best attempt. I use the term Salvage very loosely.

It's irritating how much disrespect is flung at the GLC as a whole. They're all individuals who demonstrate immense willpower, yet whenever a medium sized cosmic threat shows up, they get slaughtered en masse and job hard like a bunch of mooks. It deflates the message behind green lanterns in general.

ya this shit does get annoying

Did they ever explain what the fuck was going on with this? I don't remember them ever mentioning it again.

Also half the green lantern's need to go, I'll let you decide who and there is a right answer.

>Did they ever explain what the fuck was going on with this? I don't remember them ever mentioning it again.
Jess tells Catwoman that she kissed Bruce and Selina doesn't give a fuck and invites her inside to watch some tv

Hal,Guy and Jess are the best ones
John is meh but he can stay
is she a cuckquean?

The implication was that they shared Bruce.

Or she is confident in herself

Attached: tumblr_inline_p7hv86pjgg1vpfb6g_1280[1].jpg (1176x731, 235K)

I just got Geoff John's green lantern volume 1, what am i in for?

Attached: 91y6Bwz9vdL.jpg (1635x2560, 803K)

a fun ride

Pretty good times

Attached: tumblr_mc0bxvYlcB1rxyld0o1_1280.jpg (1068x631, 210K)

Attached: latest[1].jpg (738x1084, 201K)

Is Ted Kord still dead?

Nope, the best green lantern saved him

Explain?

I don't have to explain, it's best friends and shit

Disgusting shitskin

What's even more retarded is that she calls herself "Teen Lantern" but is fucking 11.

>but is fucking 11.
that makes sense because she wants to seem older than she really is

And Spider-Man was 16, what’s the issue?

Who are the balloons actually for?

If I recall Jess got them cause she didnt know what to get the soon to be wife of the dude you kissed

Well they do answer to a higher authority than the crazy rich guy who thinks he is everyone's manager.

Yea but one of the requirements of being a lantern is that they have to be willful and headstrong to an insane degree that they have almost no regard for self just to make a ring work at all. I don't think Batman would ever really like most lanterns at all.

Like to think someone like Brainiac or any of the other super evolved intellects would have accomplished it first.

Henshaw only knew how to do it after being in charge of production of yellow rings on Qward

Neat

Are you that braindead you can't see the difference between someone randomly getting bit by a radioactive spider vs a super special donut steel OC 11 year old from a third world country hacking into a cosmic force?

He’s not a man. He’s a 16 year old. Like how Teen Lantern is 11. Who gives a shit?

>uhhhhh ballooons!?
Haha based retard. I love her.

Well balloons and WINE, but still the same thing why the fuck do you get balloons and wine

It's a pretty big difference. An 11 year old is an actual child, a fucking 6th grader. A 16 year old is in highschool, someone in the process of becoming an adult. They have gone through or are going through puberty. They are close to making life changing decisions about their future. They can have jobs and drive a fucking car. 16 is the age of consent in most of the world.

>That has never happened (at least not that I recall
When he was trapped in that afterlife place with Sinestro, the ring was ineffective again Sinestro (since it was HIS ring).
This happened
>Green Lantern 18

Attached: Green Lantern (2011) 18-1.jpg (1920x2951, 1.87M)

Attached: Green Lantern (2011) 18-2.jpg (1920x2951, 1.5M)

Wasn't Teen Lantern a thing Gleason kept pushing for back when he was working on GLC?
But Johns kept blocking him?

Yeah, dude’s got issues

Did Guy get his revenge?

If by revenge you mean he punched Batman in the face but it wasn't a one punch knock out BTFO like he was

In Green Lantern Rebirth, Hal decked Batman with one swing and Guy got to do the "One punch!" line.

>Guy got to do the "One punch!" line.
But batman wasn't down for the count

welcome to Bendis

No, he showed back up alive again about the time Rebirth started, bit earlier maybe in Blue Beetle where he played the role as Jaime's mentor.
No explanation given, though he did have a heart condition that kept him from doing much.

You take your victories over Bruce where you can.

How often do you use the n word user?

Attached: the %22n%22 word.jpg (720x890, 58K)

Just kill her off in the next "crisis"

Even though it kind of comes out of nowhere, Bruce was the first person she bonded with when she was Power Ring.

Bump

Based Guy. Absolute GAR.

She didn't hack the central power battery, just a regular power battery.

She is a Bendis' OC, ofc it is.

could be possible. I remember in NSM there were chinese green lanterns.

Remember Jong Li? He was cool

This is how it's written most of the time and it's so irritating
Seeing Bruce get his shit kicked in feels cathartic

A Chinese knock off battery would still be fucking stupid, but better than hacking an Oan battery. But this is Bendis, so I doubt he knows anything abou NSM. Even if he did, no way would one of his precious black girl OCs be anything less than the absolute best.

How exactly did the Chinese government figure out how to make their own GLs?

The chinese lantern had little to nothing to do with the actually GLC. They figured out how to make solid light, but it requires a lot of energy to work (as seen in the Chinese Bat Training Camp). Then they found a way to make it smaller but it still had a lot of limitations, the way the chinese knock-offs are is more similar to an Iron Man than an actual Green Lantern.

Don't expect any of this to be relevant ever again though, and certainly not under Bendis. It is pretty clear that the bolivian gal hacked an actual GL power battery and she is using actual Green Lantern powers, which makes no sense since you can't hack your way into will power.

I like this, just like when they make every Robin better than Bruce in something (Dick is better acrobat, Jason a better weapon user, Tim a better detective, and Damian a better fighter) but none can cover all of Batman skill sets by their own.
And this would be a great character story since he could survive and learn from it.

Kid genius have always being a silly comic book thing.

I’ll forever miss the JLC. My soul burns at the loss of them.