Who is the most nerfed Marvel character? I can't decide between Thor and Strange

Who is the most nerfed Marvel character? I can't decide between Thor and Strange

Attached: Mjolnir-Can-Open-Wormholes-to-Other-Dimensions.jpg (1840x1130, 1.79M)

Namor

Modern Marvel characters have actually been buffed up to near pre-Crisis DC levels but in exchange for a weakness to political correctness.

I would say Odin since he not only god beat by Thor without Mjolnir but also took an L from some random Dark Elfs. Black Bolt is also another one I put in the Nerf party since Modern Marvel writes seem to just think he has one power (and that power is now gone)

Attached: Blackbolt in space.jpg (440x640, 68K)

Bullshit. Even Jane Thor was weaker than pre 90s Thor

Attached: namor btfo.jpg (700x669, 294K)

ghost rider?

Is current Strange really that nerfed though?

Attached: CD0C5B79-67D8-4CE0-8759-003B5A767503.jpg (867x1334, 461K)

Mainly what I was referring to, yes.

Right, his power level seems pretty close to classic levels in Waid’s run

Thor. Before he could go up against Celestials, now he’s still pretty powerful but a far cry from his old self

>Namor
Fucker got buffed

Attached: EA526D94-BD82-4101-AC2C-6DF089428745.jpg (1600x1230, 865K)

More like Nightmare has been nerfed into a comedy jobber.

suits him just fine

Yes. Also nearly all of the old cosmic, demonic, and eldritch beings. They now usually go and job to whatever new big bad comes around to show how big its dick is. They're practically useless at this point

This happens almost every event, even back in the old days

Nigga got beaten by Dyspare, wouldn't say he's nerfed by much

You'd think by now they stop. You see these beings get their butts handed so much that you wonder why some comics make a big deal when they get their shit pushed in.

One of the reason why I hate Ewing and Cates.

It works to as an easy way establish the new big bad's power level, but it's still a big deal when Wanda fucks up Chthon because Wanda isn't previously established as being obviously stronger

She had beaten him several times in the past right? Or was that recent thing?

The fuck? Hating Cates is one thing, but Ewing? The fuck outta here for comparing him with that other hack. Cates is the one who made Thanos beat the Living Tribunal without explanation and who made a character like Cosmic Ghost Rider.

Odin and Hela have been nerfed even more than Thor, a fragment of Odin's soul created by Hela was a universal threat once upon a time.

Attached: RCO005.jpg (1061x1500, 568K)

>Cates is the one who made Thanos beat the Living Tribunal without explanation
Hey hey hey, don't forget Starlin

Fuck Ewing and oversized head and his cosmic shit.

Didn't Ewing have LT job to master order and lord chaos?

So you hate cosmic Marvel in principle then? You're a brainlet.
Even Starlin explained how it happened and made Thanos irrevocably is own foil (even as time passes). Cates completely misunderstood the character Ava made it so only he would lose to another version of himself.
Technically at that point they were equals because the multiverse was in flux. It's not that they beat TLT anyway, they replaced it by creating another hierarchy.

>Technically at that point they were equals because the multiverse was in flux. It's not that they beat TLT anyway, they replaced it by creating another hierarchy.
Ewing hierarchy that exacerbates a existing problem.

>So you hate cosmic Marvel in principle then? You're a brainlet
You elevate him to that level? You people need to wipe his dick cheese off your mouth's

And what is the "existing problem"?
All he did was create another"villain" by fusing Chaos & Order with the In-Betweener temporarily, to create Logos (who also has a very explicit role in philosophical terms).

Nah, he always had limited power when he didn't have complete or at least partial control over those in his realm, or when people aren't nightmar-ing right. Makes sense that as Strange gets more experienced. he is less able to handle him

??? That's cosmic Marvel by definition. What the fuck?

Attached: The Sentry.jpg (810x405, 83K)

Penance :Stare is always a letdown lately

Dr Strange isn't nerfed as much as he just loses his magic over and over again in almost every story of the last 6-7 years.

Thor is not alone there, all gods are nerfed down to somewhat strong guys that can at times do some magic. Odin is getting his ass kicked and needing Iron Man armor to be effective in fights. When in the 60s through 80s he was a cosmic force that could control reality on a whim. Thor without mjolnir is just a bumbling strong guy that gets limbs hacked off. And nearly everyone else is just a guy with a sword.

I really hate how much Marvel has nerfed everything in general to be more like the MCU. Thor in the current comics can’t even survive being inside the sun for some reason, despite multiple comics where he’s shown punching people inside fucking stars. I was surprised how Ultron, Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock survived a planet exploding in their faces during that whole Infinity Countdown shit. I thought they would’ve been nerfed, too.

Like it or not, THIS is how you nerf a character properly.

Attached: thor nerf.jpg (600x916, 115K)

Surfer was defeated by Ultron in that too

Good, he's a shit character

Black Bolt not only voice department but the number of abilities as well. He is lucky to shoot beams in modern comics back in the day he could pretty much pull a new ability out of his ass twice a day.

Attached: begone oxygen.jpg (1000x1518, 376K)

some of them were weird

Attached: hypno bolt.jpg (1094x1600, 905K)

Matter manipulation suffered the most

Attached: creating matter.jpg (1029x529, 384K)

You could argue manipulating matter and energy was a better power than the voice.

Attached: anti matter.jpg (1019x1519, 993K)

It was all related to his control over electrons. Which was basically his version of power cosmic and meant he can manipulate reality in whatever way he wanted.

These days he sometimes is not even a flying brick. He just has a sonic scream.

>basically his version of power cosmic and meant he can manipulate reality in whatever way he wanted.
This

Attached: lifeforce.jpg (988x1500, 1.55M)

Odin used to do abstract-level stuff in comparison to his present version who can't even lift Mjolnir.

So buffed to his WW2 levels?

Again, this is Cates' fault, both Ewing and Ahmed remembered and used his powers at their full extent even. You guys keep talking about how they're "nerfed" but never mention explicitly since when they've been like that nor who started it. IT WAS CATES.

But he literally just achieved peak performance

Ewing nerfed POD very hard
>took down a team of Avengers including Thor and Hyperion
>jobs to Quake and to the Maker

Hellion got nerfed to
>Got from high level tk, very powerful and precise, to only able to do some "pew pew pew" useless attacks

If we're talking nerves from the past, the biggest one is probably David Hasseloff who has gone from TOAO level to Galactus level to being owned by Thanos

>TOAO
I mean TOAA, The One Above All

When was the last time Thor used the God-Blast?

Ewing didn't do all the much with Black Bolt, he only wrote him in prime and Judgement day. As for the nerf Black Bolt forgot matter manipulation after Jenkins inhumans ended. Then his voice went from rarely used to happened in every story. Only D&A remember energy manipulation for the Vulcan fight. The nerf just got worse when he came back from the fault. Hickman spammed his voice but at least he weakened in story. Soule spammed his voice even harder but unlike Hickman he didn't give a reason for people to survive it. Black Bolt also got beat up or captured constantly and those two loses to Emma frost. Cates is the worst offender but he isn't the first, Ahmed was just a failed attempt at turning the ship around.

>Ahmed was just a failed attempt at turning the ship around.
The fuck, he wasn't. What a ridiculous statement that tells me you didn't even read the series. He's the one who treated him the better after Soule's runs.

Who the fuck are POD and David Hasselhoff? Mind writing your post again without codenames and winks this time?

That is exactly my implication user. He tried to correct how people were writing Black Bolt only for the next writer(cates) to ignore everything he did both in terms of abilities and his character.

Then that's on Cates, why even claim Ahmed was a failure? That's what I'm criticizing, it's not his fault Cates doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

POD is the one eyed robot Hickman made. I think David hasselhoff is suppose to be the original beyonder

Attached: too hot.jpg (602x925, 249K)

It's called "Pod" then, not POD for one thing. And the Beyonder wasn't really "nerfed" as much as it was turned into something much more powerful, part of a whole race outside the multiverse.