You see, North secretly sold missiles to a harmless country called Iran who would always be a grateful ally...

You see, North secretly sold missiles to a harmless country called Iran who would always be a grateful ally. Then he gave the profits to the Contras. Genius!

Attached: big_1486010862_image.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

North was just the “Good Goy” patsy, the whole Iran-Contra fiasco was planned by Jewish neocons in the Reagan Administration, look for Michael Ledeen and Elliot Abrahams to see how Israel was the prime mover.

>>>/npr/

Hope the implication isn't that NPR is leftist or even liberal; it's not.

I didn't know that Reagan was Jewish.

>and it's another Watergate type of scandal that nobody but Beltway lawyers in smoke-filled rooms has ever cared about

But user, I don't get it.
Iran was under an official embargo for their hostile actions against the United States. They attacked and destroyed their US embassy. They were, under constitutional terms, an Enemy of the State.
And then Reagan gave them billions in weapons. That's aiding and comforting an Enemy of the State.
Why do conservatives tolerate a president that committed literal treason?

Because he made us feel proud to be American, ok? What he did or didn't do is whatever. He said the pledge, respected the flag, and gave one hell of a comfy presidential address. You had to be there.

Why didn't the Democrats just let Reagan fund the contras? The moment Bill Clinton got in office the Democrats gave him funding to arm drug cartels so it's not like it was actually about "ethics" or "morals". Could it be that the entire thing was just shitflinging by which politicians get to suck corporate teat?

It's almost like the entire thing was empire building and absolutely no one disagrees with funding militants in third world shitholes, they just disagree with who gets the profits from this. Bizarre!

I unironically want a musical edutainment show about geopolitics

Attached: bean.png (723x510, 418K)

Stop being reasonable, can't you see that OP is trying to troll by taking satire and pretending it's an actual argument?

>tfw no edgy schoolhouse rock for adults

"But the libs" doesn't make Reagan's imperialism any less bad, though.

"But the conservatives" doesn't make Bill Clinton's imperialism any less bad, though.

But this thread is not about Clinton. It feels like you're more interested in bothsidesism than you are about condemning imperialism.

>stopping the imperial machine decades into its merciless feast of the third world
I mean, if a president would have tried they'd have been a fucking hero, their brains would have painted a street or wall in very short order.

Because that will destroy US image in the americas. How you can fight commies in Colombia when you fund you right wing militia in Centroamerica?

It started long before Reagan; the Monroe Doctrine.

I don't think the image of the US can be destroyed more, especially with them funding death squads that went around raping US nuns.

Man, I sure love talking about comics and cartoons on this clearly comics and cartoon oriented board, in this comic and cartoon thread that is definitely not just political bait because mods are asleep!

Reagan was a useful idiot who believed in astrology.

Weird that this hasn't happened yet.

Nobody knows about that outside of Centroamerica. A US backed drug cartel will destroy the pro-US goverments in the region.

Unfortunately, a lot of conservatives are under the impression that if something isn't biased heavily conservative then it has to be biased in favor of liberals/leftists.

A group of them are even rewritting the Bible because they think it's biased in favor of liberals/leftists. Think about that for two seconds.

His brain was full of cum in the last moments of his life.

Then bring REAL political comics and cartoons. It's better to contain there in just one thread.

This is unironically the best thread on Yea Forums

OLLIE NORTH!
OLLIE NORTH!

He's a hero!
And a patriot!
And a novelist!
And now he's on Fox News!

>"Aw, crap, that's the end."

I said "decades into"
Nobody ever reads my posts in their entirety.

Yeah I just don’t believe you

I don’t. We haven’t had a decent leader since Coolidge.

What I get from this thread are that americans and america is very very horrible in every sense of the word.

To be fair, the bible has been rewritten countless times with liberal "translations"