Shazam (Film) thread

Attached: __57.jpg (600x890, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TaurooAldebaran/status/1128330901711138818
youtube.com/watch?v=RWJQR6SNMF8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How is it that the BEST DCEU is the lowest grossing DCEU Film?

because box office doesn't mean quality

Attached: Shazam! - Gather the mutts.webm (700x290, 2.97M)

6/10.

I know, it just baffles Me how despite being the best DCEU Film, it's the lowest grossing.

More like 9/10.

Shazam was a smaller film made with a smaller budget.

Because DC, WB., AT&T made the stupid descision to release it in the Spring right before Avengers: Endgame despite it being a Christmas Film.

and even smaller marketing campaign

Attached: Shazam! - Crocodile Men.webm (1280x532, 2.64M)

Attached: Christmas movie in the summer.jpg (1280x1066, 412K)

Attached: Matter-Eater Lad.jpg (1920x800, 847K)

A few reasons. First and foremost, being "sandwiched" between the MCU's best film and "required reading" film, so a lot of supposed Comic Movie fans skipped it for Captain Fungus/Captain Should have been the other vaginabled Marvel.

Being a "kid" super film means a lot of people brushed it off as just silly. Also doesn't help that Hack Snyder and Sexual Harassment Whedon really fucked DC films that came after their fuck ups by having their tones be all over the place. Plus it was low budget, so sadly didn't get much in the way of advertising. There were only two official trailers or so? One of them having a Chinese alt, so 2.5ish.

Shazam was fucking spectacular, but sadly it had too many variables working against it for it to pull Aquaman levels of shifting current. Also, why the fuck wasn't it released near Christmas again? The set up would have made it perfect for it to nail that super niche film area.

I hate I have to wait so long for a sequel.

Wonder Woman 1984 was going to be released in late November. They want more space between their superhero releases. Also, when the date was set, Endgame wasn't set yet. Then they probably thought it would be worse to release it in June for instance because there would be more competition, but turns out almost everything is flopping.

Luckily for Shazam, it's now probably the most successful WB movie of the year so far, maybe except La Llorona. That makes it look better.

What if instead of Shazam Billy had to say the N-word

>thread immediately devolves into companywars
Fuck all of you

It should have come out in Christmas time, I mean it had Santa and story about finding family and everything

5/10

>Captain Fungus/Captain Should have been the other vaginabled Marvel
Cope

Attached: smugflerken.png (102x102, 25K)

Fuck no, is correct.

5.5/10

>Being a "kid" super film means a lot of people brushed it off as just silly.

It's a fucking superhero movie, of course it's silly!!

Attached: boo.gif (350x233, 1.47M)

Carol Danvers was the worst choice for Captain Marvel and Brie Larson was the worst possible cast for said choice. Ignoring all else, even you can agree eith this. Hell, go with the delicious chocolate Captain Marvel; get the lady parts AND the "PoC" points. The better personality and less hated pushes are a good bonus too.

I said a lot of PEOPLE, as in, not comic book fans. I freaking loved the film, but I'm not gonna ignore points that had a hand in its less than revolutionary performance. God, it deserved more theatrical love though.

>That scene with upset Freddy talking about how people treat him

Attached: thatfeel.png (645x773, 7K)

Fuck Freddy. He got on his high horse not because Billy was acting like a dick, but because he couldn't live through Billy/get profit from it anymore

Because people were burned out hard over Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad, & Justice League.

user, the cast is already too old.

Let it rest. Besides, best part of almost every superhero movie is discovering superpowers, sequel wouldn't have that.

Favorite capeshit movie this year desu, I'm glad WB isn't hesitating on the sequel.

>MCU's best film

Attached: 1495766501868.jpg (439x294, 43K)

The sequel is filming next year, they're not too old

twitter.com/TaurooAldebaran/status/1128330901711138818
the credits were great, DC needs to make a Shazam book like this

I mean, you have to be retarded to believe that it made 1 billion because it had quality and not because it was close to Endgame and because she was teased at the end if Infinity War.

Heh, I remember back when these generals became unofficial fanart threads or something.

>BEST DCEU

its WW > Aquaman > Shazam > rest of DCEU

disagree, but whatever.

>The Wisdom of Nyame
>The Magic of Isis
>The Spirit of Gitche Manitou
>The Power of Gnowee
>The Health of Endovelicus
>The Strength of Rudra

Attached: The Shazam who lmaos.jpg (1200x675, 196K)

He explicitly didn't like Billy using his powers to get money.

>you will need this more than me

Attached: 54140-ch.gif (402x402, 34K)

Just watched it actually, really sad I didn't see it in theatres now.

Top ten superhero films.of all time, felt like a great 90s film with a lot of heart. Im actually super pissed it exists in the same universe as all this other shit.

Sivana could have been more sivana, but was a good villain in his own right.

Glad to see Jerry, the only good walking dead character, getting more work too.

dude, floating doors imply multiverse, pretend it's not in the snyderverse.

I mean i thought aqua mam was pretty good for what it was

Good child actors
Actually funny (for the most parts)
Felt more like Goonies than just another superhero flick
Some actual frightning moments

I liked it more than most Marvel movies and it's the only DCEU film i actually liked (sorry but Wonder Woman and Aquaman are pieces of shit). I only isn't really care for Sivana, Mark Strong felt more like Lex Luthor, but then again who could pull off an actual accurate classic short, big teeth Sivana ?
It upsets me that it didn't make the big bucks (they are still making a sequel apparenlty).

>that board scene was really violent, what were they thinking?!

youtube.com/watch?v=RWJQR6SNMF8

Attached: smug sheep.jpg (1420x1364, 341K)

The Spider-Man 2 scene is shot like fucking Evil Dead 2, no way it's ever going to be topped
In comparison the board meeting scene was very tame

indeed it was a fine film that was reasonably popular and profitable.

Now if they'd just get their heads out of their asses about their Streaming Service.

It was up against Avengers stuff and the sour track record of films

I dislike the mcu with a passion, but I'm not some retarded faggot that I get lost in this Yea Forumsmpany war shit like a toddler at Walmart. Infinity War will probably be the peak of the MCU going forward, so whether that could be seen as peaking early or cashing in after tenish years of set up is debatable, but it is definitely their peak.

> a lot of people brushed it off as just silly
This is what most people who didn't watch the movie said to me. They were like: "Well, it wasn't REALLY a superhero film, right? More like a comedy making fun of supers?"
I was surprised, this is from the same people who enjoy MCU quips.

I really liked the humour in this movie. Mainly it was a kid In adult body making mistakes a kid in adult body would do.

Same for Billy's foster family. Darla's innocence was both cute and funny.

These guys get it!

Attached: Thats+rough+_2f5a9d8eacd5b8841d2a4a39c44ddde2.jpg (152x200, 6K)

Mary Marvel is for ___

Attached: grace.jpg (510x1282, 117K)

who?

Long walks on the beach

Formerly Captain Marvel

That hurt.

hand holding

It didn't really feel like a superhero movie (in a good way). It was more like a dark 80's kids fantasy movie like the Gate or Gremlins.

Carrying across the threshold of your house as you start your new family life together.

That scene was way more emotional than anything in Endgame.

let's add insult to injury:

What is this?

probably because it's under New Line and Walter Hamada the new CEO of WB
if it was main WB and Kevin Tsujihara was still CEO they would already be panicking

Attached: Shazam! - Freddy is evil.webm (760x640, 994K)