How would he fare in the Marvel/DC universe

How would he fare in the Marvel/DC universe

Attached: 5CF6781F-C583-484E-9934-8AB7EA8C1962.png (1175x1577, 849K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bZZcUdIdAt0
youtu.be/Ri_4dDvcZeM
canr.msu.edu/news/beyond_the_five_senses_temperature
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoception
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoreceptor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoreceptor_cell
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroreceptor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense#Other_senses
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stimulus_modality
dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/aspect
livescience.com/60752-human-senses.html
courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-biology/chapter/somatosensation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Alright, what can he do

What can he do?

He can control the 5 scenes of an opponent

senses*

He knows lots of magic, too.

pretty sure ghost rider would just burn his soul.

One of his spells: "Black Box" is essentially a large, pitch black, box of needles forming itself around the victim.

Normal soul reaper stuff makes him a problem.

Can't be perceived by anyone who can't see ghosts. Presumably has access to a little red glove that can shove your soul out of your body.

Don't forget the super speed and that he's basically a spiritual being.

Well he could just continue to make ghost rider hit tree's till he can run away.

None of what's been said so far makes him seem really that impressive, so I'm gonna go with .

He's basically just ghost mr.mind

He can kill people with just the pressure of his spirit and destroy their souls

How is this Yea Forums?

Fuck that's actually a perfect comparison

How fast is Ghost Rider?

56 mph

Crossovers were always Yea Forums

Massively Hypersonic+ to Massively FTL+

I mean at full power he was erasing a town from existence simply by being there

>Aizen, master of keikakku
The guy is ''asspull the character'' so Ambush Bug defeats him is his game.
>''Oh, so you are a shinigami? Well, I am a shinigami too''

Oops, forgot the 5 at the end.

Any Celestial would job his ass. Controls five senses and knows magic tricks, big whoop. Adam Warlock erased his evil self's entire timeline.

Attached: 1560899423934.jpg (480x480, 25K)

who cares the threads are comfy.

>not even the Almighty
c'mon son

Attached: da6uumv-e67d727a-a808-45d1-94f0-6d2e95ba3233.png (780x1000, 87K)

user, a thread every once and a while is one thing, but he won't stop, we are going to get spammed with new threads every day non stop. It's the same format every time and it rarely is even a "crossover" since the threads often abandon the Yea Forums aspect of it.

It's what happened last time till he vanished and was possibly banned.

Thought Robot defeats him.

>Extremely high level magic user
>while also having total control over other's senses
>ftl speeds in very small bursts
>general spiritual energy shit, mostly means mystic blasty powers
>Has trouble containing his power which insta kills mundane humans that are near him

But he also has the weaknesses of being a dead human spirit that cannot physically manifest on the physical plane and needs a body to inhabit. That's a real big minus that sticks him to the magic world where people are more likely capable of handling him.

Marvel he might be approaching Hell Lord levels if not for the whole being a dead human that cannot be physical thing. He seems more like a Thor villain when he is adventuring in the realms outside of Earth.

In DC he is like a magic speedster and a huge issue for magic people and demons. But he is a dead guy and has all the weaknesses of being a dead guy. Most magic people could banish him.

His power is to spend the majority of episodes he's in saying, "I knew you were gonna do that" or, "I knew you were gonna say that" every time anything happens.

Penance Stare can't work if Ghost Rider's entire world is an illusion

But Aizen only controls 5 senses.

What would Aizen do if he's stuck in another universe? Like even if he's a total asshole who compulsively treats his subordinates like trash, he still had an okay cause to rebel against because the Soul King thing was really fucked up, in a way that the cosmic bureaucracies of DC and Marvel just can't compete with, no matter what they retcon Odin into doing.

Would he still just wage a vague rebellion against whatever afterlife system is in place because that's all he knows?

I loved Bleach, but by the end of it, I hated it.

Aizen was so powerful, the only way to defeat him was not to overcome him in anyway, but for him to just never actually use his main ability on Ichigo.

The series was all hype, zero payoff. We didn't even get to see the final abilities or powers of half the main cast, we get hints that the original Gotei 13 were fucking murder monsters, but that's it; hints. The Zero Division was built up just to job. And a fake out, Ichigo breaks his bankai, has it reformed and it breaks again. Oh wait, nope! We get one page, "lol, it's fixed now!"

Ichigo's final form is just a hastily slapped together Spork version of all his powers at once too
It's a shame cause the Fullbring arc had a whole lot of actual potential but it all fell apart

He'd probably spend at least a hundred years looking into the situation first.
In Marvel he'd probably be more than happy with God's Hads-off approach to omnipotence.
In DC, he'd have a rougher ride. Shit would get very meta as he went upwards through the chain of command, each time he found who he though was in charge of realty realizing they're merely being influenced by someone higher up, going all the way up to meet the writer themselves, only to realize that his power in influenced by the readers. At which point he would try desperately to gain the reader's senses under his control by showing them his shikai, only to find that some inexplicable force was causing it to exclusively appear just off-panel.

Attached: animal-man-meets-morrison.jpg (620x939, 149K)

Keep in mind we never saw Aizen's Bankai
His shikai controls the character's realites.
His bankai controls the reader's realities

Fuck, I forget that; Complete Hypnosis was just the first stage release of his power. He also had a bankai that he never used. He deserved to lose.

Is the flash step ever stated to be ftl anywhere? Or is this the standard weeb reasoning that all run-of-the-mill anime "now I'm behind you" pseudo teleports are universally ftl?

>all run-of-the-mill anime "now I'm behind you" pseudo teleports
This reminds me of a clip or a parody clip from bleach I saw where one guy instantly "appears" behind one guy...and the other guy does the same. And they keep doing this over, and over and over again, until they're backing out of the room and across the world.

>His shikai controls the character's realities
No, it control their senses, and only five of then at that.

It's like an interpretive dance reenactment of Death Note.

Aren't there only 5 human senses?

In normal humans.

Found it.
youtube.com/watch?v=bZZcUdIdAt0

Ah, so in bleach there's several fictional senses then?

I don't know, but there's plenty in DC and Marvel.

Guys how fucked would the DC universe be if Facebook stabbed Batman and became best friends with him?

Attached: tumblr_o9xwvajNCL1rdkkjzo1_540[1].png (540x673, 73K)

Thank you, fucking brilliant.

I'm actually surprised they were self aware enough to put this in bleach.

Along with the traditional 5 senses, humans also have an inherent sense of time, sense of self and body position, sense of temperature, balance, photosensitivity and a ton of other sense modality

Aizen seemed to be able to control those too, though

Temperature is touch.
Balance and body position are the same sense.
Photo-sensitivity is, depending on the light, either touch or sight.
...But I get what you're getting at.

Humans are able to tell the difference between a hot liquid being poured and a cold liquid being poured without touching either.

[Citation Needed]

You don't get to see his power often, and nothing in the few times you saw it suggested it did. In fact, we did see that the Hypnosis came be overcome by studying it (as in the case of Aizen's false corpse) suggesting that it fails to cover all senses.

That actually sounds pretty compelling

I mean, it's really unclear when exactly Aizen made the switcharoo with Momo, especially since we heard Aizen's internal monologue, and we have no idea what Momo herself was experiencing.

Like my personal theory is that Aizen's bankai outright allows him to possess people, and he was using Momo as a puppet for that fight but I don't think the text supports it.

When were you under the impression
that you were under the impression?

Aizen's power set, for reference:
Unique abilities:
-Complete Hypnosis: Semi-permanent illusions that are almost indistinguishable from the real thing. Requires the target[s] to have eyesight and witness his ability's release to be affected. Illusions can be identified as "off" by people given enough time to study them.
-Genius: Chess master/Tactician type
-Inventor: Limited ability, good at using stuff others made in new ways but that's it

General abilities:
-Powerful magic user: Energy blasts, shields, traps, shields, etc...
-Speedster: Instant travel within some arbitrary distance (

I don't want to turn this into a power level thread. What about what he would do?
In Bleach, his purpose was to kill the soul king so the world would be free of yada, yada yada.
In the dc universe, I think his objetive would be shifted to kill the endless, which is apparently possible, he would only need to stop the avatar reincarnation to end them, HOWEVER, I doubt he can kill best girl

Attached: queenbitch.png (485x405, 399K)

Lucifer said he could """"kill"""" death and that was the only time death acknowledge a threat.
Could Aizen defeat Lucifer?

Attached: ad.jpg (1241x1920, 512K)

You do not need to touch a liquid to feel the heat (or lack there of) coming off it.

You can do the same thing when those liquids are being poured on video, user.

Why don't you just google something before you open your stupid, fucking mouth?

>You can do the same thing when those liquids are being poured on video, user.
If one is steaming and the other is not.
You're using your eyes then, sight.

Nope, even the blind can do it. Try again you, fucking mistake.

The only information transmitted to the sense from a video is visual and sound.

>Nope, even the blind can do it.
An interesting opinion. I disagree.

So if I recorded the sound of a liquid being poured, you'd be able to tell me if it was hot or cold, correct?

youtu.be/Ri_4dDvcZeM

>"just using your sense of hearing"
30 second sin.
Not sense of temperature (which is not a sense.)

seconds in*
Pardon.

canr.msu.edu/news/beyond_the_five_senses_temperature

>"You Can Hear The Difference Between Hot and Cold Water"
You don't even need to click the link to know that you're using the sense of hearing to determine the difference. Not a sense that's separate from sight, sound, or touch.

>canr.msu.edu/news/beyond_the_five_senses_temperature
Explicitly mentions feel (touch) and using the five senses to make an observation of temperature to make estimations of temperature.

Not the existence of a sense separate from them.
That's not to say there aren't more than 5 senses. Just "temperature" isn't one of them. We gauge temperature from either feeling (touch) with our skin, or from other senses. It's not a sense unto itself.

It also explicitly mentions temperature as a sense. Literally the first sentence. One that we can determine using sight, sound and touch.

I mean you do know that our sense of taste also takes a major bit of it's data from our sense of smell? That doesn't mean that taste isn't a sense.

>I mean you do know that our sense of taste also takes a major bit of it's data from our sense of smell?
Major, but not entirely. Your sense of smell can influence your sense of taste. But you can taste without it. Holding your breathe, plugging your nose, etc does not stop you from being able to taste something. People with anosmia can taste.
Temperature is gained solely through touch (and evidently hearing.)

Sense of time and position/balance are separate from the 5 senses completely. Temperature is not.

Sorry, mate. I've provided outside evidence and you're just here insisting with zero backup. You're. Wrong. Goodbye.

The information you provided does not support the claims you are making.

You made a claim and a gave a link and
The link doesn't prove you right. it proves you wrong and you gave up trying to prove yourself by just calling that user wrong

>"nuh uh!" the post
if we're lucky, this user left and took his stupidity with him

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoception

he loses to a bunch of the heavy hitters because he has no defense against mindhax and getting punched in the face really hard by someone like the thing or hulk
he was able to manipulate yhwach's perception of time when they met each other during the final arc

This would be relevant if we were talking about snakes or invertebrates like mosquitos.
But in humans, it's still touch.

Wrong again and yet another article proving it. Humans have sense receptors specifically for temperature

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoreceptor

The anime was always pretty self-aware

If a different receptor means a different sense, then night vision and color are different senses.

The only difference between night vision and full vision is the amount of photons reaching the various cones in our eyes. It has nothing to do with the way we process information and everything to do with the way the information is provided to us.

But you're telling me I showed you that human beings have a type of sensory input specifically for temperature and nothing else and you still do not believe that we have a sense of temperature?

Night Vision and Color Vision use the exact same receptor; the photo-receptor.

Rods and cones are different; each responds to different types of light.

That said, we can certainly name another example:
These are four entirely different receptors:
Merkel’s disk respond to light touch
Meissner’s corpuscles respond to low-frequency vibrations and fine touch
Ruffini endings respond to skin stretch
--Pacinian corpuscles respond to deep pressure and high-frequency vibration.

Touch in and of itself is made up of four different receptors found in different parts of the skin.
If temperature is a new sense, then touch is four senses.

Rods respond to low light and do NOT mediate color.
Cones are active at high light levels and are responsible for color.
They are not the same cell.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoreceptor_cell

I never said they were the same cell, I said they were the same receptor. I said that in direct reply to this statement,
>"If a different receptor means a different sense, then night vision and color are different senses."
Which is inherently false, because again, they're the same type of receptor.

Fair enough.
Baroreceptors are a different receptor, are they are separate sense?
How about Magnetoreceptors, Electromagnetic radiation receptors, and electroreceptors?
Are those each their own sense?
Are infrared and ultraviolet receptors different senses? Radiation coming from different places on the light spectrum?
How about Hydroreceptors? Is humidity its own sense?

All those senses exist is various animals and plants, yes.

So your blood pressure is a sense, then?

It's regulated by a sense

It's its own receptor.

Chemoreceptors are a sensory receptor as well.
Is your blood PH a sense?

[Citation Needed]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroreceptor

Yeah, thanks. It's exactly what I said;
Baroreceptors (or archaically, pressoreceptors) are sensors located in the carotid sinus(at the bifurcation of external and internal carotids) and in the aortic arch. They sense the blood pressure and relay the information to the brain, so that a proper blood pressure can be maintained.

The chair could probably challenge people like Darkseid for dominion over local areas, but only the couch would be a threat to the cosmic order.

Chemoreceptors are a completely separate sensory receptor from Thermoreceptors, mechanoreceptors or photoreceptors.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense#Other_senses

Wait, what was so fucked up about the soul king?

If temperature is a sense separate from touch, then the PH of your blood is as well.

Yes, Interoception

And his inability to mask or falsify his "spiritual pressure" or whatever was a plot point. One dude let Aizen stab him, so that the true presence of the magic spirit sword gave him an accurate bead on Aizen. Aizen would have been mauled if more keikaku hadn't intervened.

Again I feel the need to ask:
It's a separate/unique receptor, that makes it a new sense, yes?

"One Dude". Haha, the Captain Commander of the Gotei 13 and a fucking terror of an individual.

I already answered

So two or more receptors can be part of the same sense?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense

Take a moment and educate yourself

Answer the question.

People are leaving out that people have to see him release his sword for his power to work.

The link you provided lists temperature as a sensory modality, or aspect of a sense.

The answer (from the article I asked you to read);

"A sense is a physiological capacity of organisms that provides data for perception. The senses and their operation, classification, and theory are overlapping topics studied by a variety of fields, most notably neuroscience, cognitive psychology (or cognitive science), and philosophy of perception. The nervous system has a specific sensory nervous system, and a sense organ, or sensor, dedicated to each sense. "

Holy shit you ignorant fucker. Yes. I said that hours ago;

An aspect of a sense isn't a sense itself. It's literally a part of another sense.

>anime doctor doom

A broadly acceptable definition of a sense would be "A system that consists of a group of sensory cell types that responds to a specific physical phenomenon, and that corresponds to a particular group of regions within the brain where the signals are received and interpreted." There is no firm agreement as to the number of senses because of differing definitions of what constitutes a sense.

The senses are frequently divided into exteroceptive and interoceptive:

Exteroceptive senses are senses that perceive the body's own position, motion, and state, known as proprioceptive senses. External senses include the traditional five: sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste, as well as thermoception (temperature differences) and possibly an additional weak magnetoception (direction).[3] Proprioceptive senses include nociception (pain); equilibrioception (balance); proprioception (a sense of the position and movement of the parts of one's own body).
Interoceptive senses are senses that perceive sensations in internal organs.

we dont even know if he can fool non organics such as robots with this, like messing up all a robot's sensory abilities

Again, a group of sensory cells would be mechanoreceptors and temperoceptors.
Thermoception is an aspect (part) of touch.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stimulus_modality
"Some sensory modalities include: light, sound, temperature, taste, pressure, and smell."

I guess none of those count as real senses, according to you

Now you're just putting words in my mouth.

Ghost Rider can’t even burn the soul of a known serial killer.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. I am responding directly to these statements

If you have to say, "according to you," then you are putting words in someone's mouth. If you're responding to a statement, respond to it.

None of those statements say that those aren't real senses.
You're putting words in someone's mouth. You are inferring.

We do know that since Shimigami are invisible to anything but being with spiritual powers.

The link you provided lists temperature as a sensory modality, or aspect of a sense.

An aspect of a sense isn't a sense itself. It's literally a part of another sense.

Want to try that again?

Which of those two do you disagree with?
The first or the second?

The second, which is an extension of the first.

Sense modalities are full senses. Do you disagree with this?

>The second, which is an extension of the first.
What is the definition of aspect?

No. Answer my fucking question and knock off the semantics

This isn't semantics.
But I'll get to the point.
dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/aspect

Basically he was some nebulous demiurge figure that the Noble Families and Royal Guard of seireitei captured, tortured, mutilated, and finally imprisoned in a crystal as some kind of cosmic power grab. They did the same thing to what was left of Yhwach, and after witnessing it Yoruichi was able to sympathize with Aizen.

Sensory modalities are part of a complex stimulus.

Well Superman is totally fucked. Attempts to punch Doomsday but ultimately killed Lois once the illusion is undone. Can’t even get revenge by putting his fist into Azien since he is an unkillable immortal ghost.

Damn son that's pretty fucking hardcore. But then again it's no less expected from the folks like Old man genocide and his god forsaken bankai.

Okay and all the "traditional" senses are listed as sensory modifies, along with Thermoception.

I have a question, actually:
Do you think pressure is the entirety of touch?

Nope

Ok. Thank you for answering.
Are the listed sensory modalities the only modalities?

Nope, because I can actually fucking read and I already posted the following; "Some sensory modalities include: light, sound, temperature, taste, pressure, and smell."

Key word, first word, "SOME".

Can I please stop repeating myself and can you take a moment to arrange whatever "gotcha" you think you're building to in a concise manner?

Didn't Ichigo's father want the same to happen to Ichigo?

People would need to see him release the sword first before complete hypnosis affects them though.
But there doesnt seem to be any way to get out of it on your own power.

Does every modality always translate to the same sense?

You know what? I don't care if you're wrong. I don't care if I'm wrong. I believe Thermoception is a sense, wikipedia backs me up, you've provided zero sources to a single claim. I'm done

>I believe Thermoception is a sense
The disagreement isn't that you can't feel temperature. The disagreement is that you feel it's separate from touch. I don't.

> I don't care if you're wrong.
Immediately after this you said:
>you've provided zero sources to a single claim.
Aside from whether or not I have (and arguing that at this point is going to bring us back in circles) asserting someone is wrong is outright caring they're wrong.
Saying someone has zero sources is asserting they're wrong.

Okay. Then I assert that you're wrong. I just don't care to defend my position to a person who cannot defend their own

>cannot defend their own
I emphatically can and have, if you were paying attention.

Not with sources

Only because he's immune to magic.

This is the only argument I can recall where agreeing with someone would make that same person accuse me of being stupid.

Since when were you under the impression he's not?

This entire argument is the only argument, I should say.

livescience.com/60752-human-senses.html
Is that a satisfactory source?

You're asking me if a newsblog run by the same people as "Newsarama" is a good enough source?

At least I provided a Michigan State University edu link.

Somatosensory Receptors are the receptors that work together to make the sense of touch - that's right, right?

Let me restate that so as to conserve time:
Somatosensory receptors are the receptors that are a part of touch.
Therefore, receptors that are somatosensory receptors are part of touch.

A fun little info graphic I pulled from a University of Glasgow article;

Attached: 24841601.jpg (362x1110, 91K)

courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-biology/chapter/somatosensation/
"There are various types of tactile mechanoreceptors that work together to signal and process “touch.”