When exactly did The Walt Disney Company lose it's "soul"?

When exactly did The Walt Disney Company lose it's "soul"?

Attached: Disney.png (246x205, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/e/their-there-theyre/
web.archive.org/web/20030915082347/http://webpages.shepherd.edu/EEHRHA01/Disney.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Disney was never good

It hasn't. The company has always put out stinkers, you just forget about them as time goes on, so you only remember the gems

They never had one.

Never

You don't dominate the box office for an entire decade by being "soulless"

Toy story 2

About the time Journey to Atlantis and Treasure Planet failed.

There movies are fucking garbage, so if they have a soul its a diluted one

>There movies are

dictionary.com/e/their-there-theyre/

>they aren't pandering to pathetic basementdwelling incel losers like me so they're bad
Don't you have anything better to do with your sad pathetic worthless life like pretend that Shazam, Godzilla, and Alita weren't massive pieces of shit that deserved to bomb?

Not an argument, retard. Disney still sucks and your inability to refute that only proves me right further.

Attached: 52C2B7DB-4649-4C21-8F88-4A9FF8E56A27.jpg (1200x1200, 702K)

>incel
Pic highly related

Also fuck off, i fucking hate signing and princess and dopey animal sidekicks, i want movies without the massive overflow of estrogen again.

Attached: 18476534-1E2B-49CD-88D2-4ECA666E5CC4.jpg (696x392, 51K)

Thank you for showing everyone you're super smart brain.

the advent of direct-to-video sequels which paved the way for theatrical release sequels. the decent came on rapidly once they knew consumers would slurp up whatever muck they poured out regardless of quality

Since its creation? Disney was always a degenerate company with a hidden agenda.

So sometime before Snow White?

Around the time Treasure Planet flopped.

When Iger came.

Not gonna lie, I've always thought that Disney Renaissance was pretty soulless. I like Pixar's stuff a lot though. The most soulful Disney stuff is 20s-early 40s.

I never liked disney, i especially hate them now because theyre spreading their tentacles buying up and homogenizing other properties into the fold of their squeeky clean kid friendly girl centric brand image. I dont want soccer moms ruining alien and planet of the apes like they raped star wars.

They have the most soul

The moment they let Jews in. Not even memeing, the moment the desires and wishes of the founder and the original staff, ranging from the mundane to the cripplingly autistic, stopped being followed is the moment it stopped being anything more than a soulless corporation.

Given the linear flow of time, the original staff had to be replaced eventually.

>Atlantis
>Treasure Planet
>Lilo & Stitch
>Rescuers
>Most of Pixar

If none of these work for ya then you should stick to your anime kiddo

This. Disney is responsible for creating a sexually hyper generation.

It never had a fucking soul. They occasionally hired artists who had souls and produced works of art, but Disney himself never had one.

The first three are some of the few disney films i actually love, i loved toy story and monsters inc growing up, and ive never seen rescuers though i might check it out later.

Attached: 291F7B72-E1BF-4C78-92F8-FE089AEBCAF4.gif (480x270, 1.79M)

Factually untrue. Walt was always interested in creating strong stories, and was the driving force behind his artists giving the very best they had.

Thats just wrong

All things die, user. Holding onto things that need to be let go only brings pain and suffering to everyone.

Faustian bargain after all the stinkers of the early 2000s

The day Roy E. Disney Retired and the company lost it's last strand of Disney DNA.

Attached: Roy E. MotherFucking Disney.jpg (1180x600, 81K)

Companies don't have souls.

Everyone needs to read this. It's long, but trust me when I say it will change your perception.

web.archive.org/web/20030915082347/http://webpages.shepherd.edu/EEHRHA01/Disney.htm

When they started hiring gingers.

The Rescuers is freaking amazing

When Walt Disney was frozen.

When they shoved Rescuers Down Under away from the public's eye

End of the eisner era

When they released The Little Mermaid

>then you should stick to your anime kiddo

There is no reason to watch Atlantis over Nadia: Secret of Blue Water.

When the Lion King came out

You know Walt had employed jews about as early as Pinocchio, right?

When you found Yea Forums and someone else told you they did.

wreck it ralph 2

correct me if I'm wrong but do male foxes have niples ?

>niples

nip·ples

I can think of a few

>Ho Ho Ho

Attached: 95901EF5-D701-4C6A-A0FC-C88B7A6DF838.png (1075x816, 251K)

The whole company was dark and satanic from the beginning. Fantasia? Literally satanic brainwashing for children.

>Yea Forums gets worse
>bitching about Disney increases
Hmm. Makes you think.

50 posts in and nobody has posted the correct answer yet? Yea Forums really is full of newfags.

The correct answer is "When Frank Wells died in that helicopter crash."

When a member of the Disney bloodline was no longer in control.

Early 2000's

Once they fucked with the Fleischer Studios.

early 00s, but regained it when Princess and the Frogs was released. and they lose it again in 2016 when they started making tons and tons of shitty live action films

When Walt died.

What does "Soul" mean.

>When Walt and both Roys died.

ftfy. At least Michael tried to hold on to the soul, no matter how much shit everybody gave him for everything done during his tenure.

The moment they stopped investing even at the risk of failing. Sometime around Home on the Range, I reckon.

Walt Disney was willing to lose money, or to make money less quickly than maximum, in order to make great things, and build the world he wanted.

Once a corporation's shares are controlled by soulless investment firms, you get no-risk projects like live-action reboots of all your cartoon back catalogue. And you invade the markets of competitors that are taking risks, like how Disney's streaming service is going to supplant Netflix.

so when you see the live-action remake of Steamboat Willie starring Nicolas Cage as Mickey, just remember this is why we won the Cold War, you ungrateful pinko.

Attached: angry-ozzie.png (220x234, 6K)

Jan 5 1993

Sjæl, Animo, Sál, Sielu, Âme, Seele, Séil, Siil, Sjel, Själ, etc.