bean mouth

cute.

bottom right's style is called cute

youtu.be/EioTwSMS0-k

Man, this doesn't look so bad anymore

Attached: gravity.jpg (1280x861, 285K)

garbage

La CalArtchura....

The general aspect between those four characters? Spoon face I guess.

>OP's pic
neo-Calarts
>Villainous, Hazbin Hotel, Long Gone Gulch
post-Calarts

We are never going to ditch that term are we?

Round Soft Safe

brown people

Budget-friendly

Yeah that's what I meant, though now that I think about it these shows' styles feel the most similar to me

Attached: _.jpg (727x777, 79K)

Marketable. Say what you want but it's this art style that kids like according to sales figures.

Looks like those cheep Indian youtube scams.

I mean it's kinda CalArts but not too much. I think i will call this the Roundhead.

Really? V&V has bigger faces and more exaggerated body proportions in general whereas the girls in Amphibia are pretty lanky, especially with their limbs. It reminds me of Pepper Ann.

Correct.

Spoonface or Spoonhead

Shitty.

Everyone's using the same chinese animation sweatshop.

I call it the shape-tool.

I like this term better than Cal-arts, it is a lot more flexible and can be both used in a neutral and derogatory fashion.

I call Gravity Falls, Star Vs., and Steven Universe beanface.
So something like your pic related would be post- or nubeanface.

Although is a pretty damn accurate way of putting it.

You know how you're supposed to use simple shapes to block out the character before you draw it in? This current trend in cartoon characters looks to me like the artists just learned to draw simple shapes and sketched facial features and cloths on the shapes themself.

And then whoever animates it has never touched a pencil and uses the shape tool to block out the characters.

Only when it stops being ubiquitous in the industry.

at least this one has clear visible thought put into the anatomy/placing of features
it feels like cartoons are increasingly straying from having even a basic idea of characters in a 3d plane and are just slapping features on without much attention to cartoon anatomy/construction
i hope this makes sense

Creators cut corners everywhere to squeeze into shrinking budgets now that animation is so commonplace. Cheap, easily available (and profitable) shovelmation made quality control a waste of time.
I also think that since people often enjoy their media on mobile devices there's less of a need for rich details. They would make the action less clear to see anyway. How many times have you seen a misleading thumbnail of a complex image in comparison to a simple vector drawing?

While not shown in OP, bean mouth + gumdrop teeth is beyond insufferable.

Boring.

Cartoon.

The only problem with this is that there's so many cartoons that are budget-friendly, from now to back in the 50s
A little too broad for what OP is going for