I think we can all agree that cape movies should all be animated. Theres much more soul and less celeb wankery

I think we can all agree that cape movies should all be animated. Theres much more soul and less celeb wankery.

Attached: miles.jpg (1381x2048, 740K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhlZ-cPO0Xw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And they can wear the masks most of the time.

You don't like it when a superhero takes off their mask and mugs for screentime at the expense of their identity?

Celebrities should be banned. Once you're rich and famous it should be illegal to hire you again until you're poor and forgotten again

even if the superhero wore a mask for most of the time there would still be celeb wankery

>all this talk about how the movie is a game-changer and seems like live-action
>is still a PG rated movie aimed at children

how does it being aimed at kids change anything about it being amazing?

Yes, and?

It was a good movie. Goddamit, I know you like being contrarians but we can at least aknowledge that.

>slap the rating "PG" with a "13" label
>it's still marketed to kids
your point?

All movies are aimed at children.

they aren't mutually exclusive. are you retarded?

It's definitely the best super hero film I've seen in ages, and the visuals were second to none. I think some of my expectations for the story may have gotten a little over-hyped after all the universal praise though.

It's not bad, but I might have been more interested in the multiverse aspect of the plot if I read more comics and knew any of the characters besides Peter going in. As is I think half of the main characters were there just for the running joke of their different genres.

Attached: 0249c9_6882859.jpg (1807x2048, 536K)

there should have been more exploration of that aspect to be honest. I would have loved to see many more spidermen or atleast other characters counter parts.

Attached: 1513974826059.jpg (346x364, 37K)

The film was lacking in the story department, as the other Spideys didn't really get any development. But I can overlook that as it still fits into the motif of "anyone can be Spider-Man/a hero, no matter the size, shape, gender, whatever, etc." Even with the narrative flaws, it's still a 10/10 and one of the best movies by sheer virtue of being the the most genuinely cool thing to come out of America in the past half decade.

Really? I don't keep up with comics and the only one I'd never heard of before this movie was Peni Parker. I remember seeing Spider-Ham comics when I was a kid, Noir from Shattered Dimensions and his comics, and I heard about Spider-Gwen from Yea Forums.

I watched the old cartoon, played the games, and watched the movies, but never really saw anything of the alternate comic version Spideys.

Honestly I didn't even know the multiverse was going to be a part of the story going in blind, and thought that Miles and Gwen were just going to be proteges of an older and jaded Peter.

>and seems like live-action
Literally fucking what? Who the fuck said that? Who the fuck WANTS that? Who the fuck even fucking THINKS Spider-Verse looks like live action? SV's style works especially BECAUSE it's not afraid to be cartoonish and comicbook-like instead of aiming for some uncanny valley shit. I've heard a lot of praise for this movie but never once have I heard "it's good because it seems like live-action" (and if anyone actually ever said that, they're a fucking blind idiot and anything they say should be disregarded)

The entire original Twilight Zone is pretty family-friendly as far as language and content goes. And it's three thousand times better than the reboot show which has characters going, "So you want some pussy, huh?".

Fuck off if you think something not having blood and cursing makes it worse in quality, fucking edgelord.

The worst offender is how all the helmets and mask in the MCU have been replaced with nanomachines, son for more face time. Hemsworth couldn't even keep the eyepatch on for more than a total of thirty minutes of screen time. Animation offers a wide variety of things to do, I just wish it was more popular in the west.

Attached: 1552797130618.jpg (2048x2048, 506K)

At least Spiderverse did well. I love Studio Laika, but they're always doomed to bomb if anything vaguely related to Disney is released within the same six months.

I'm surprised it won an Oscar. Gives me hope for more quality animation

Attached: 1551751405265.jpg (1235x2048, 683K)

I have been thinking this since day fucking one

>we will never get the animated mcu or dcu like we deserve

Attached: 1524439300707.jpg (1280x709, 58K)

Props for the best villain theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhlZ-cPO0Xw

bamp

Attached: 1513456442969.jpg (1024x758, 91K)

There's an animated DCU in the movies

Attached: bub.jpg (1920x796, 1.4M)

>The Greats
Spider-Man 1&2
Into The Spider-Verse

>Meh
Spider-Man 3

>The trash
Homecoming
Far From Home
Amazing 1 & 2

No. The only reason this stuff is currently popular is because it’s live

Superheroes work best when animated. They're fantastical & out there. They shouldn't be grounded in reality.

Attached: verse.jpg (1920x1080, 503K)

You are right about "the popular" bit.
Yet in terms of kino quality, Spiderverse has the right energy the entirety that MCU lacks. Pandering to normies was never a good idea.

I guess, but that doesn’t make the MCU bad

It's mediocre but yes, capeshit should be animated. I don't they will do it just by looking at the box office. This didn't even beat Ant-Man.

Just because it has universal appeal doesn't mean it's only for kids. Hell, two major characters get brutally murdered on screen.

I remade that pic to be less cancer

Attached: Chadverse.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

All entertainment should be animated

not even in a cartoony way. A character was just straight up shot with a gun.

What about the ones who don’t wear masks?

And Spider-Man gets pummeled to death and Kingpin explicitly tries to do the same thing to Miles.

The movie has guns and death, it really didn't need to be more violent, this shitty trend that cape movies should all be like the Dark Knight Trilogy needs to die.

except literally every actor is a celebrity

what's your point exactly ?

there's the lionsgate animated movies. too bad they didn't make more.

Attached: image.jpg (600x600, 153K)

>Studio Laika
After Hellboy flopped, someone suggested this studio should handle the next attempt and god damnit I want it

Why do people shill Laika so hard? I get that they're one of the last bastions of stop-motion animation, but their stories are lacking and their animation looks like CGI, which ultimately defeats the purpose.