Superhero vs Wuxia

Which one is better?

Attached: Superman vs. Goku.jpg (3464x2450, 792K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/TheMetropolitanMan
youtube.com/watch?v=K5MhoddkVpI&list=PLF6bMpb7g7_SgqrpGgayoir37PyYqczom&index=114
pastebin.com/sd5emHuR
pastebin.com/VhGih3TB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Superhero because that has aliens

Both are good for different reasons.

They both have different pros and reasons why people like them.

A better debate would be talking about Superhero vs Xianxia.

>Xianxia
what is that?

Bump

Attached: 1558653006283.jpg (1024x1545, 753K)

Imagine Wuxia, but all the powerlevels are dialed up to eleven, and instead of people being fairly decent, pretty much everyone is a power-hungry mass-rapist asshole. Then crank the powerlevels and rape even higher and higher whenever people start thinking it isn't crazy enough.

Any good examples of Xianxia?

Desolate Era and Emperor's Domination are pretty good examples of what you can expect from Xianxia. Just a bit of fair warning here: characters will hit multiversal levels of power and beyond at some point or another. This ascendance may or may not involve copious amounts of rape.

Those are shit
Most of em are edgy repetitive garbage, few are written well.

You're not exactly wrong, but he wanted examples, and I gave them to him. You offered nothing.

The one's i liked suffer the longer they went on. I don't want to give him false hope.
Emperor's domination isn't bad in the beginning in fact it was pretty good but the longer it went on the worse it got and the worse it got the more i wanted it to end. Unfortunately the majority of them then to be that way. Or go too much into details about inconsistent power level.

Where does the "edgy repetitive garbage" rank up compared to the "edgy repetitive garbage" of the west?

Superhero. Mostly because their feats don't rely so much on hierarchy and scaling and more on actually doing shit.

Take Masadaverse for instance. It starts as a universe with a throne that'll let you control reality if you possess it. Each person that holds the throne recreates reality based on their Law. The 4th one's Law was that every time he was brought close to defeat he created a time loop because he only wanted to die by his waifu's hands (it's a light novel). When his waifu takes the Throne, she creates a universe of competing "Laws" where people with a high enough power level control portions of reality. Like you got one reality that's just ancient Japan.

This is often wanked to make characters "multiversal" when they're all fighting over what would be classed as a single universe with a single throne in other settings. In fact, its SO wanked that googling Shinzaverse/Masadaverse will get you a dozen vs battle sites before any ACTUAL wiki.

In the Masadaverse, as in many wuxia works, power is all about hierarchy, position, and relations. If your power level is higher than another, you win. You get to take the Throne and use it to impose your Law. Reality is very formalized and ritualized. You have the Throne, and then you have a dozen lesser positions based on power level.

It's not like that in superheroes. In DC for instance, power is a matter of being WHAT YOU ARE, not WHERE YOU ARE. The Endless are powerful because that is what they are. The Monitors are powerful because to them all the layers of the multiverse are a microbe. And anyone can beat anyone in the right situation. Superman can punch out the guy that hammers out the multiverse(multiversi?). Batman can beat the Bat-Demon of the Dark Multiverse. Specter and Dr. Fate are on the same team as Wildcat.

Superhero: Anyone can beat anyone, power is what you are as an individual

Wuxia: Power levels. Power is based on a hierarchical relation.

Didn't you get pointedly corrected in that Xeelee thread when you said these exact things?

Wuxia is the Chinese mystic martial arts genre like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, right?
What are some good Wuxia things?

>Mostly because their feats don't rely so much on hierarchy and scaling and more on actually doing shit
Nah
The only difference is that superheroes don't take the time to analyze exactly what happens

Basically every hero has exhibited the strength to end essentially all conflicts, but then the writers change and even if something happened 5 years ago that would solve the conflict you have to reset and do whatever the western equivalent of a training or tournament arc is
It's basically bleach, but we're all used to it because it keeps happening

Everyone knows and treats heroes as if they are as powerful as their most powerful form, except whatever the current continuation is

>Pointedly corrected
That's a funny way to say "danced around your questions".

Have you come up with a sub-throne "universe" that's larger than a fucking island?

DC multiverse (and Marvel's for that matter) isn't just alternate timelines. Each universe has their own alternate timelines.

Get over it. Hadou Gods are universe level and that's okay. I'm sure there's more to like about their story than wanked power levels.

>First 12 results on google are vs battle shit for Shinzaverse
>First reply is fanboy defending his franchise

This brings up another point. Holy FUCK are wuxia fans obsessed with fighting and power levels. Maybe this has something to do with the hierarchy thing? You don't see people hype up Superman because he's the biggest and the strongest but that's EXACTLY what wuxia fags do.

I know this is bait, but Goku isn't self righteous, he's a meditator and a naive/hungry goober

Attached: slide_20.jpg (960x720, 114K)

Were there even alternate timelines past Happy Snake's Marie fun cruise?

Yeah, you're that exact same retard. I believe it was already explained to you that scales in Shinza mean jackshit.

>You don't see people hype up Superman because he's the biggest and the strongest but that's EXACTLY what wuxia fags do.
Come on, don't lie. I see faggots hypying Superman precisely because of that. In fact, 60% of Superman fans are his fans for that reason alone, and i'm being generous with the number here.

>pointedly corrected
Were you the retard saying a guy with a taco level of 1 could BTFO anything and everything because tacos are the best every and nothing can match it because nothing can match and it they're the best ever?

Mercurius just changed the universe into a full multiverse and turned the Throne into some *thing* that defies understanding. Any other God could've done that at any point. They just didn't care.

I see you're the same dumbass infantilizing terms you don't understand like a child slinging shit.

>Full multiverse
Alternate timelines of a single universe don't make a multiverse.

Ha. No. All the MCs are Vindictive, evil, rapists.

When people recommend good Superman stories, they don't recommend Scott Snyder. They recommend For All Seasons.

They aren't alternate timelines though. KKK literally proves that the entire thing is a multiverse.

You spent almost an entire thread bitching because you've somehow got Shinza mixed up with Umineko.

But I mean did we see any alternate timelines past Dis Irae? That's as far as I've gotten.

Hard to say, The high's always come crashing down and the low's never seem to reach a high. If you're going to read one just stop when it gets boring. Once it gets boring it will never improve ever.
Condor Heroes is decent, if only because it solidified the wuxia genre. Of course it all feels generic to me but thats not far as it was the first of its kind.

>Literally proves
And how?

Please don't say because MUH WILLS. It's absolutely pathetic to call a "universe" the size of Japan a universe. That's like saying Green Lantern rings count as a universe each.

Is there a map of the Shinzaverse like there's a map of DC? How do they compare in organizational structure?

KKK basically goes into more detail regarding what a God's Law subsuming another means. A bunch of guys from the old multiverse find themselves there and theyre spezking Old Japanese, but it comes off as absolute gibberish because the concept is nonexistent with the new Law.

This retard , fails to understand this however.

I heard Hajun used the powers of the older Hadou Gods. So does that mean the older world's still "exist" in some capacity beneath whatever is on the throne?

Due to the fact that the cosmology is whatever the reigning God wants it to be, it's impossible to really tell the structure of Shinza between each if them.

For instance, if Reinhard achieved dominance, literally nothing beyond his completely deathless Valhalla would exist. Same for Ren, except time would cease.

Attached: Masadaverse.png (699x441, 574K)

Since they're fighting over a single universe yes, the scale ultimatley do matter.

The organizational structure of the Dreaming is whatever Dream wants it to be. You can still map it.

The Throne keeps a record of every single Law to have ever achieved dominance within it. Hajun, and later his twin brother/sister Hirume, could use all the previous Laws because of that, but not to their full extent because they conflict with their own.

Not a single universe, and scales don't matter.

Wuxia/Xianxia regularly has the following plot
>Main character has “no talent”
>Either had godly talent, or finds a magical cultivation method that is godly
>Main antagonist rapes/kills people the main character cares about
>MC gets revenge by slaughtering literally everybody they care about

You can't map shit in Shinza because nothing stays at all consistent from Law to Law. It's like the multiverse-wide retcons in DC, except the environment and characters and concepts completely change with each individual God. You can't 'map' it because depending on the God, the map might cease to be, or even the concept of maps.

Like I said in the last thread, it call comes down to how you compare how each setting organizes and categories things.

The terms on vs battle wiki aren't used by anyone outside vs battle wiki. No one uses outerverse or omniverse or metaverse. DC calls several multiverses stacked on top of each other a single multiverse and Masadaverse uses terms like Craving, Will, Shinza, etc.

Like a thought experiment here. "DC-ify" Shinzaverse and what would you get? An orrery of different worlds with the throne as the sphere of the gods? Each craving being a world and the throne being limbo? Monitor Sphere? The Source?

"Shinza-fy" DC and what do you get? Monitor-Mind as the Throne? The Throne as Dream's Library? Hadou Gods as Monitors? Endless? Thought-Robots?

The two settings aren't meant to interface and so you have to invent an entire lexicon of terms to try and slot their characters and concepts into different "scales." It's possible to argue that EITHER setting has higher scales and more powerful characters.

>Multiverse-wide retcons
They haven't been full-on retecons since about Convergence. Hypertime means that all interactions of the multiverse exists as alternate macro-timelines piled atop each other with the metaverse as its focal point (Last Doomsday Clock issue).

I don't think anyone's mapped how the metaverse interacts with hypertime, but you COULD.

This is true, but you're really making it too complicated.

The simple matter is "universe" doesn't mean the same thing across all settings and that's where 99 percent of the problems come in when you do vs battles for god-level characters.

You could map the Metaverse to Hypertime and both to the Bleed. No doubt about that. But the problem with trying to map Shinza is that it's impossible. Genuinely completely impossible. The only constant between Laws is the Throne, and even that can end up destroyed if a God gets pissy enough.

>Being this new to the internet
These terms started back on vbulliten forums, hell all of these terms got started there.

And they should have stayed there.

You know something that's always bothered me about multi-omni-outer-hyper-metaverse shenanigans?

They assume that like, a guy that blows up a universe can't beat up a guy that blows up a multiverse and so on. But why? If you can blow up one infinity can't you blow up all the other levels of infinity to?

why do they always get depicted fighting they would make an awesome bro teamup if anything?

But don't the previous worlds still exist kindof? Couldn't you just map it all like that?

So in simpler terms, what works in one universe wouldn't work (or at least not in the same way) in another universe. For example, if Goku was in the Marvel universe, he could still use "Ki" but he wouldn't be as OP as he is in his "home universe"?

Attached: 1558993491860.jpg (1200x928, 257K)

Only the Laws remain in the Throne. Once a new God consumes the old one, all the things that originated from them are destroyed as the new Law becomes dominant.

Powerman

If only life were that simple.

Attached: main-qimg-9bf50895dd6fa52aded5096c49d2fc35.jpg (602x821, 177K)

Oh no. You don't get off that easy Shinzafag.

You know exactly where Shinzaverse would fall on the DC map and its in the orrery. B-BUT MUH CRAVINGS big fucking deal. Each orrery world has reality manipulators that can do the exact same shit.

Pretty much.

If anything in the orrery's worlds could do shit as casual as Hadou Atziluth, shit like Barbatos, the Forger, and even Perpetua would literally be no problem.

But doesn't it? Even if just a little? Isn't that why Mercurius can fry gods with a super-supernova but not a generic energy blast?

Isn't Atziluth limited in some way by whatever your craving is?

Give me some feats and don't link to vs battle wiki.

God's can do anything at any scale they care to. Mercurius COULD hit people with generic energy blasts, but he's inherently an overachiever and goes big with everything. Meanwhile, Reinhard is rolling around with WWII era weaponry that can stop multiverse-busting attacks.

It's limited only in the sense that you can't outright contradict your Law/Craving. And that basically applies to cases where you try to cheat your Law or use another one instead.

>Xeelee, Downstreamer, DC chads
>"I can create as many universes as I want!"

>The Hadou Virgins
>"Now that I've reached Azitluth, I can rewrite reality...if I beat up these other guys..."

ENTER CHADREN

Attached: 1548796723364.jpg (859x1153, 85K)

There's no real 'fighting' in the traditional sense between Atziluth. You win or lose depending how high your Taikyoku is.

Mercurius outright devoured Satanael upon his birth simply because he was stronger than him, from what I recall. His Law then supplanted and subsumed the loser.

Satanael was weak shit in general. His best attack was what, making a star? That's weak as fuck to Mercurius making universe-eating black holes.

He had a Taikyoku of 80, but he seemed generally complacent and lax compared to other Gods. He was like Mithra, but without the power to back up his laziness.

Mercurius was probably the most powerful Hadou God based solely on skill. Other gods might have more raw power, but he actually knew what to do with it.

His skill is probably why he reigned as Throne God up until he decided to form an Apoptosis to kill himself with.

Attached: r5dw6pjffwr11.jpg (620x576, 108K)

Bump.

Attached: Multiversity_Map_2400_53ee6b4c22d9a9.11031355.jpg (2400x1880, 901K)

How would a Saiyan's powers function if you put them in the DC universe?

Attached: 1558667053897.jpg (2016x1512, 549K)

Attached: 1558671696295.jpg (2031x1400, 533K)

>Scott Snyder trolls by making an Earth-Dis Irae based on JSA with Johnny Thunder on the throne.
He does know his anime even if he is firmly team DC in vs battles...

Not likely.

Same way that Superman's powers function when he was in Marvel. If it ain't a special snowflake power source that ties to its universe (aka Speedforce) than it can be use in another universe.

He says this, but last issue we got a Father-Son Superman punch...

>Goku is a farmer
>Clark was raised by farmers

Why are we even arguing about who would win in a fight when we should be arguing about who could grow the better turnips? My money’s on Goku, he actually has a talent for farming in Super and seems to have the time to win prizes for it between training somehow whereas Clark’s been kind of preoccupied with his big city reporter job to stay in practice. Also the whole Justice League thing, that too.

>in the traditional sense
Except you know, when somebody gets cancer and you have a big ole slugout as with Merc and Reinhard

Which pretty much happens all the time to enable plots.

>zapped by one park ranging boi
Don’t make me get El Hermano to put you in your place FUCKren

O U T
B Y
T H E
R O O T S

Between the Forger punch and APEX Lex we are basically in powerlevel already anyway. Imagine if the Perpetua crisis is solved by everyone pilling into the Thought Robot somehow, and the setting turns into Demonbane

>Except you know, when somebody gets cancer and you have a big ole slugout as with Merc and Reinhard
The only one with cancer there was Mercurius. And that's only because he wanted said cancer to kill him.

No. Obviously they will defeat Perpetua with the power of multiversal friendship.

Has any writer ever tried creating a story based on superheroes + wuxia?

I know people hate the ranking system used in OPM, but some much shit are S-class threats, that people like Batman should not stand a chance and get blitzed. Batman is C-class at best. When people Superman and Doomsday fight, humans like Batman shouldn't even be able to perceive them fighting, just rubble and shock waves everywhere.

Iron Fist, Luthor Strode? I would love a Karate Kid book like this.

Its hilarious and ridiculous when a normal human get punch by a Superman class villain and all it does is knock them back. But when a Superman class hero get punch by a Superman class villain it will draw blood.

Yeah that’s what I meant he wanted punchy fight fight so he got cancer nazi boi

What if the robot turns out to be made of friendship tho

Not really. The closest I can think of are legacy pulp figures like Lady Shiva but these days they aren’t really main plot material. New Super-Man lifts concepts in wuxia, but isn’t really that kind of genre.

You’re not wrong but DC starts losing money if Batman is allowed to not look cool

For the same reason I don’t think Lex should realistically be able to do so much without getting arrested legitimately, Clark could just x-ray/super hear all his schemes going on and anonymously tip off the League or in his official capacity as Superman come down on them before they even start

how do I into wuxia?

You dumbass, people don't rec all-star because that's the one where superman is strongest, do shonenefags really think like this?

Dynasty Warriors. Pursue Lu Bu.

if you say wuxia to talk about dragon ball or fucking visual novels that obsess over power levels you should be crucified

Typically the TSR is powered by the idea that Superman can save the day. Therefore, it stands to reason it could become even more powerful when powered by the idea that "we can do anything if we work together!" or something schmaltzy like that.

Thought Robots that will GATTAI?

Attached: 5ab.png (720x480, 518K)

Fuck powerlevels and vs battles. Country bumpkins unite!

Attached: Superman X Goku.png (1262x668, 99K)

Attached: 1552112709672.png (600x800, 54K)

based

I love this kind of shit. Do you have any more where people try to come up with some sort of scientific take on whatever powers superheroes have?

Go to /m/ and ask them for the Kamen Rider and Ultraman breakdown pics. There are many books on this.

Enter Suppaman

Attached: 629824_1.jpg (630x630, 95K)

Goku because he actually isn't a Mary Sue. Superman is nothing but plot armor and circle jerk writers. He's the biggest Mary Sue of all.

I thought Satanael died to some kind of time warp that left the throne vacant and allowed for Happy Snake's time shenanigans?

Shinzaverse is a bitch to get into because only Dies Irae is translated.

Hadou Gods are powerful, but overrated. You need to be on the throne and emmanate to affect the entire universe with your will, and your emmanation isn't something you choose, its your hearts desire. Ren's powers were ice and time control and his world would be one where everyone was frozen but him and Marie, and he couldn't change that. Reinhard's powers were based on his yellow nazi boi soul army and his world would have been one of endless nazi boi soul army war. The only acception is the record of the powers of previous Hadou Gods the throne keeps, but only the good-girls seem able to access them. Mercurius couldn't because his world had timeline anomalies and shit.

Taikyoku wasn't even a thing until KKK.

Reinhard and Ren still opened up a spacewarp when they fought. I agree people wank Shinza too much, but it's not like they aren't still gods. I'd give Ren/Reinhard good odds to beat Jiren/Beerus.

Go read the Metropolitan Man

>the Metropolitan Man
>A fanfic
Kill yourself

Attached: Dissapointed Specter.jpg_large.jpg (376x823, 73K)

It's actually good.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/TheMetropolitanMan
>All that shit
No serioulsy, kill yourself.

>linking to tv tropes
Form your own opinion

Is the plot summary wrong?
Because if its not and its literally just Injustice but with Kal-L you should really, really kill yourself for having such shit taste.

Not that user, but Metropolitan Man is at least worth a try. Superman isn't a jackass like he was in Injustice, but he might kill a guy who keeps escaping the law like the Joker. He's golden age Superman who would destroy a shitty neighborhood so it could be rebuilt better.

Bump

Attached: 9a6.jpg (600x1139, 79K)

Been going through Dis Irae looking up feats. Can someone tell me when Kraft did the Grand Cross and the Elementary Particle attack?

Found out that Mercurius and Reinhard had their big showdown in the singularity and not the universe, so it sort of brings a lot of their feats into question since its in the singularity. Like, how many stars did Mercurius use for his supernova and dark matter fusion attack? How many stars are in the Throne universe?

Using this as my source by the way.
youtube.com/watch?v=K5MhoddkVpI&list=PLF6bMpb7g7_SgqrpGgayoir37PyYqczom&index=114

It took place in the singularity, but its clear that its at least comparable to the universe outside, or that the universe and the throne universe are merging in that instance. It's mentioned that some alien planets surely died during Mercurius' attacks.

>Mercurius controls all the stars in the universe
>Reinhardt struggles with a single supernova
>Reinhardt doesn't controls stars, just super versions of his nazi crew
>Instead of just shooting supernovas at Reinhardt until he dies Mercurius condenses all the stars to form dark matter (?) in an attack that kills both of them.

This is why weeb characters lose. They're really, really bad at fighting smart.

Hal vs (Insert Hadou God here) would end exactly like it did against Alien X and cause just as much salt.

Attached: Green Scissors.png (267x189, 8K)

>Like, how many stars did Mercurius use for his supernova and dark matter fusion attack?
Sequere Naturam is him condensing thousands upon thousands of stars into a single supernova capable of atomizing other Gods. Dura Lex Sed Lex is him creating a GreatcAttractor to draw everything into singularity, and Discs Linens is him condensing every star in the multiverse into a blackhole.

Reinhard struggled with Naturam because it wasn't a single supernova. It was more like thousands of them fused into a whole.

Still, Mercurius would have won and won easy if he just spammed Naturam instead of go for the suicide move.

>Discs Linens
Is that what happened? It's pretty vague. It says that he condenses all the stars in the universe, dark matter fusion, and then a big white explosion and Mercurius is floating in space dying with the throne in pieces and stars in the background until Marie comes to him.

I mean it could be a giga-black hole but when I first read it I thought he channeled power from all the stars into a big blast of anti-matter.

It's mentioned that he can control all the stars in the universe "in the palm of his hand" so it doesn't matter where he fought, he controls all stars.

>Comets
>A supernova
>The Great Attractor
>Condensing all stars in the universe
Well that fucking escalated

>multiverse
Does Dis Irae mention a multiverse at all? Skimming through it, it seems they just call it the cosmos or the universe.

>Is that what happened? It's pretty vague. It says that he condenses all the stars in the universe, dark matter fusion, and then a big white explosion and Mercurius is floating in space dying with the throne in pieces and stars in the background until Marie comes to him.
Disce Libens is kind of hard to wrap ones head around, but the jist is he causes all stars in existence, all of it, to immediately erupt into blackholes. As for the Throne, we don't actually see what the space the Throne is in actually looks like. It's established pretty early on that its incomprehensible to non-Gods.

Also, Mercurius wanted to die. Reinhard is his Apoptosis, essentially his cancer cell formed from his desire for death. Reinhard had the Longinus specifically because Mercurius wanted something capable of killing a God like him.

It does. The translation doesn't mention it at times, but Mercurius specifically created an entire multiverse with his Law.

>Hal fights Reinhard
>Gets instantly oneshot by Longinuslanze Testament and forever joins his Legion
GG.

>Erupt into blackholes
So it either
--turns all stars into black holes.
--makes a universe sized black hole.
--draws power from all stars shrinking/dimming them to shoot a fuckton of antimatter.

I guess "big fucking universe attack" will have to do.

>The Throne
I sort of thought it was that gold nebula looking stuff in the picture of Mercurius and his giant snake and what's left over after he becomes a torso.

>Mercurius wanted something capable of killing a god
But doesn't Reinhard utterly fail? Mercurius is floating through space asking him to kill him after Disce Libens and Reinhard is already annihilated. It took Marie to finish the job.

Can I get a source?

Based

>Implying Hal won't "I don't care what kind of spear you have" and shank him with the anti-Monitor Vampire stake.

>I sort of thought it was that gold nebula looking stuff in the picture of Mercurius and his giant snake and what's left over after he becomes a torso.
The Throne is the golden thing the Snake sits on most of the time. It used to be just a tool until Mercurius decided to turn it into an abstract aberration.

> doesn't Reinhard utterly fail? Mercurius is floating through space asking him to kill him after Disce Libens and Reinhard is already annihilated. It took Marie to finish the job.
Reinhard wasn't dead far as I can tell. But even if he was, he'd accomplished his goal and purpose. Mercurius always wanted to die in Marie's hands. Ren and Reinhard only existed to facilitate that.

And then Marie spares him instead later.

Hal isn't an immortal or really anything capable of dodging or negating Longinuslanze. He has stupid powerful feats, but the Spear exists only to kill Gods with no chance of missing or being overturned.

His only chance is if he fought Reinhard at Briah instead of Atziluth, and even that would require him to blitz him before he can launch the spear.

How do you know chi wouldn't make him even MORE powerful in DC or Marvel?

Also, here's the source for Mercurius' multiversal shenanigans. The translation is from KKK, but it elaborates on what Mercurius did to existence during his time as Throne God.

pastebin.com/sd5emHuR
pastebin.com/VhGih3TB

>DBZ
>Wuxia
Hahahaha no

Hal doesn’t need to be Immortal. Being immortal means shit to him.

>fan translations
I don't know bro. I remember old fan translations before the official one was kickstarted mentioned multiverse this and multiverse that but we never got a single multiverse mention in Dies Irae. Is it just talking about his time loops?

>He isn't immortal
Ask the space smurfs how many fucks Hal Jordan gives about immortality.

>Giant golden sword (spear)
>Supposed to be an instant kill no-save attack
>Doesn't kill Ren
>Doesn't kill Mercurius

Its a bigger nothing burger than the gae bolg from Fates.

He does need to somehow overturn the Spear though, and to do that before it gets launched. Because once Longinuslanze gets going, it genuinely can't be stopped.

In the original Japanese, both KKK and Dies Irae are referring to crazy infinite shenanigans. Translations for Dies Irae just used 'Universe' and 'Cosmos' as shorthand, because the actual terms being used are otherwise difficult to parse.

So how IS the KKK multiverse? What's its Earth-2?

Ren and Mercurius both have means that enable them to not really survive the Spear, but to otherwise stall it from ever reaching them. Ren particularly.

>They just use universe and cosmos for shorthand
That sounds like a big cop-out. The concept of universe vs multiverse can't be that hard to communicate across cultures.

The KKK multiverse is under a new Law around then, so we know little about it. We do know that some people from the previous multiverse show up and start talking nonsense to people because the concept they're talking with doesn't exist anymore.

Well okay what's the closest universe they have to the main universe then?

It's either that or the translators were just lazy and couldn't be bothered. 50/50 either way.

Don't know. All the shenanigans are going down with the Gods and their various extensions, and they don't really care for going multiverse traveling.

But when was there another universe in Dies Irae? I think I would have remembered if dudes from another universe showed up to fight LOD.

Hal can also pull off time stops like Ren.

The translations from KKK are from Mercurius' tenure as Throne God, so there were definitely other universes. Nobody actually came from those to fight, but at that point, they'd be less than useless anyway.

What Ren does isn't a timestop. Ren is The Moment. His Law basically removes time and all associated concepts from it. There's no individuality, no movement, no division. Everything everywhere just gets locked into a single perfect moment. Forever.

It's why Ren states that he can never achieve dominance. Because his Law is a literal eternal hell where only he can exist.

Come on. You can't tell me Reinhard-2 wouldn't have helped put things in his favor. Ren was debating whether or not to sacrifice Isaac to give Reinhard a little boost.

Well he and Marie. But timestop is exactly what he does without the throne. Did it on the Einherjar Commanders and did it a little to Reinhard and his yellow nazi army, particularly in the anime. He doesn't Thus Spake the universe without the throne.

There's only one Reinhard, just like there's only one of every God. Multiverses originate from them, not the other way around.

Besides, if Mercury Snake could create multiple Apoptosis, he'd have probably done so.

But isn't there atleast one other timeline where KKK never happens and Hajun gets merced by Merc?

Without the Throne, yes. It's 'just' timestop. But his Law proper is erasing time as a concept in the same way that Reinhard erases death. The Throne would just give him that little boost he needs to declare There Is Only I upon all things.

>Blows up the universe
>Dies
LEAVE SNAKE MAN TO ME

Attached: Prime Time.jpg (1280x1920, 488K)

I don't think so. And what happened with Hajun was a really specific instance that nobody was prepared or had been planning for. Sure, Marie might've eventually lost the Throne, but they had no idea it would be anytime soon or by anything like Hajun.

Merc wouldn't go looking for a threat he has no idea about.

Attached: ReinhardDI.png (700x1052, 1.3M)

Ren--Everything is frozen but me and my waifu
Reinhard--Eternal Blitzkrief
Merc--I just want my waifu to kill me

Why the fuck was Merc's Law so hand's off compared to the rest?

Because Snake just wanted to die in his waifu's arms. It wasn't all that intrusive bryond him creating neverending time loops to ensure that this specific event happened. And strictly speaking, you could argue that both Ren and Reinhard are extensions of his Law to finally get Marie to kill him.

He wasn't even aware of his Law for awhile, wasn't it? It sort of just...was.

His Law just kind of happened, and that makes sense when you consider Mercurius wasn't ever human or mortal. He's a godly paradox, a snake eating its own tail. He's never actually experienced what it is to truly be something that can live or die.