Why did so many people want an Azula redemption arc?

Why did so many people want an Azula redemption arc?
It was pretty clear she’s was fucking insane.

Attached: F8F31843-D2B1-4A3D-B3F4-0AA98779C86C.png (510x340, 277K)

Yeah this. Fuck Azula. Fucking bitch. Hope she dies in a fire (lol).

You know how women always want the bad boy so they can live out the "my love can heal him" fantasy?

That works with the genders flipped too.

She’s a 14 year old girl with mental issues whose own uncle didn’t even believe in her.

Because the best story arc of that series was Zuko's redemption art and they want something similar in premise an in quality. Plus, Zuko and Azula's interactions were entertaining and any possible redemption arc would probably involve more character development between those two.

Honestly, the insanity felt like a hint at redemption arc. It seemed like she was not pure evil but just had deep emotional problems.

I've seen threads where anons take some "what mental illness do you have" personality test. You'd think the autism spectrum would turn up as the most common result but it's actually sociopathy.

On some level, Yea Forums relates to Azula and wants to think there's hope for them.

because how else would Sokka take her to go see the cherry blossoms

Attached: hiby_mz3gglraoF1skjbkno1_500.jpg (500x623, 75K)

I think in this story Sokka ends with resurected Yue.

Kys Sokkafag

shes 14???

Embarassing that people read this

Dude, she’s two years younger than Zuko. He’s only 16.

wth, the art is heavily mismatched...

Maybe because she kills people for shits and giggles.

Weird, right?
Name 12

yeah but she makes my peepee feel funny

Are people no longer familiar with How I Became Yours?

I feel old.

Attached: wanananana.jpg (800x997, 127K)

I am still, though I never read all of Jackie Diaz's epic yarn.

Azula deserved to be healed by her brother’s D
Also it would mean we get more Avatar: The Last Airbender which would have been good when it was still good

>not knowing about Jackie Diaz' magnum opus

Attached: How_I_became_yours_pg__182_by_water.jpg (641x799, 83K)

Lordy that was just a ride from start to finish.

Attached: 1503590957798.gif (538x369, 1.05M)

Ehasz's Twitter thread about her possible redemption arc was interesting. I was especially intrigued by his assertion that redeemed Azula would overshare constantly and be extremely awkward. Essentially, the version of Azula we got at the party in "The Beach" is what redeemed Azula would have been like.

They really knew how to draw the signs of a crazy woman. The lines on her face, the eyes, the way her nose scrunches.
Why the fuck is total psycho so hot? It...gets me in a lot of trouble bros.

I've read it, and its the worst thing I've read since Sonic and the Search for Love

Eternal reminder that Zucest is canon

Attached: CA6D976F-E355-43E5-89F8-0DFF8768D561.jpg (600x628, 74K)

pp hard

The show was pretty nuanced in its portrayal of its characters as products of their environments and not simply defining them as good or evil.

Azula was an important character, but she never really got an exploration of why she is the way she is besides "sometimes bitches be crazy."

Naturally, people want to explore that.

Eternal reminder 4ET love route is canon

Except the part where “Zuko” disappears at the end

Becuase she is hot

What the fuck am I reading user

she is zucest so popular

Attached: 1541155054881.png (1280x1280, 935K)

Because she was a younger girl hated by her mother and uncle, and groomed to be a tyrant by her father. She was mentally unwell and abused.
Zuko at least had some people that cared about him. All she had were two yes-men in Ty Lee and Mai who let her go off the rails then betrayed her.

Because of this.

Attached: pAtj0.gif (250x188, 813K)

Zuko's the best character in the show precisely because he had to go so far to become who he is in the end and Azula has an even worse starting point than him. It's fun to watch a character rise up and overcome there flaws to find happiness.

Because she was a cool character and she didn't really have a chance.

Remember Zuko would have been fucked up like her had he not been sent away.

This.
This, too. Azula is the quintessential Yea Forums shitposter.

She was given explicitly sociopathic traits in flashbacks to her childhood, and it was outright stated that Ozai played favorites. Azula has a pretty solid explanation of why everything happened as it did.

I don't want a redemption arc for her. I want someone teaching her to just stop acting retarded and acknowledge to herself what she actually wants to have. It doesn't matter if she becomes even more evil in the end as long as she would act according to her own desires without self-delusions.

Because she makes my pp hard and I wanna save her with it.

Most people are terrible and have some subconscious understanding of this but can't stop themselves. They self insert as Azula, as powerful, hot and intelligent people who can be made better, who can be better if you just give them a chance.

dang, they really lucked out ending it at 3 seasons because that just sounds and feels so wrong. much prefer azula's last moment to be chained to a sewer trying to escape blowing blue fire in vain while crying because she finally lost and didnt get her way, like a spoiled little 5 year old

She literally becomes a real life shit poster by fucking with her brother in the comics.

She literally starts her own troll group. I'm not making this up.

It's sad what happens to her.

I bet she trolls her brother by sneaking into his room and sucking his cock while he sleeps too

god i wish that would happen to me

Attached: 2.jpg (1117x680, 101K)

Attached: 1.jpg (768x339, 60K)

She uses the cum to right “get trolled nerd” in cumstains on his bed

Attached: 3.jpg (502x362, 35K)

Zuko was opposed to his father's strategy that was essential using soldier as canon fodder for a diversion.
Dont delude yourself into thinking Azula would have had the same reaction as her brother in that situation.
Hell, when Zuko's face was burned by his father, she was extreme happy and enjoying the show.
Ahe was batshit insane from the start, while Zuko always had some good in him

because she's hot. No one wants ugly people to be redeemed.

I don't know, I thought that was kinda fun? Don't get me wrong, the Scooby Doo plot in Smoke and Shadow is fucking retarded, but it was nice seeing Azula with some color in her cheeks. Especially after The Search, where she was either crying or screeching about how Ursa did 7-Eleven and it was a nine-to-five job.

It is a normie thing. They fell in love with a character then want to change everything about her to fit to their bland tastes. Sure mellowing her a bit wouldn't hurt but the majority of the people imagine she should turn into some submissive housewife who happily services your cock 24/7. The thing Azula needed is fair treatment instead of stomping her into the ground in a few episodes.

She is strong, beautiful, smart and ruthless. Everything a good leader needs to have. Does she have mental issues? Sure, who doesn't? If you truly love her you would support her all the way to the end.

Attached: I see the way you look at me. It disgusts you, doesn't it You can't stand it. But you' (743x1074, 248K)

Funny because that could mean a lot of different things.

>Does she have mental issues? Sure, who doesn't?
I don't.

Because crazies are kinda hot, until you make the mistake of sticking your dick in them.

Azula
>prodigy since she was born
>tirelessly trains for all her life
>probably the second strongest firebender on the world
>on the day of OP
>does lightning effortlessly even when she is pushed to her limits

VS

Zuko
>shitter
>guess he trains some but fails every time
>just learned to deal with lightning

Katara
>self taught
>brings water to a firestorm fight

Azula should've won.

Zuko is 90% good, 10% evil thanks to the influence of his parents. Azula its the other way around. Zuko overcomes his mental problems while Azula who at first seems like the more down to earth from the two, eventually goes insane with her inner turmoil. People just wanted her to have the same kind redemption or even anti-villain half redemption since Zuko got one.

Because yandere is hot

She's sexy and crazy. I didn't want a redemption arc, I want her in my bed.

>Zuko was opposed to his father's strategy that was essential using soldier as canon fodder for a diversion.
No the reason for that shit show was because he challenged an old man to a public beating and or death match and surrendered like a bitch when it look like he would be facing someone who might actually be able to fight back.
Sure Azula would have probably been able to keep her emotions in check and not start a fight in the war room.

You want a redemption scene? I'll give ya a redemption scene
>Zuko shows up for the Agni Kai with Azula in the end
>Azula, from the top of the short staircase separating the courtyard from the palace behind her, lightens up
>"I didn't think you would actually show up, dear brother. Or have you come here to formally submit to me?"
>Zuko doesn't say anything, he just looks up to Azula, a sad expression on his face
>As Azula gets into position for firebending, Zuko keeps walking towards Azula
>Azula is amused
>What are you doing, Zuzu? Your firebending has such a short reach now?
>Zuko ignores her, and keeps closing the distance between them, reaching the base of the staircase
>Azula, now mildly annoyed, decides to give him a warning shot, and directs a lightning to end right besides her brother
>The prince effortlessly redirects the lightning away from their "arena", still inceding up the stair steps
>Azula is visibly confused by how Zuko's acting, and takes a moment to notice Zuko is only a few yards away from her now
>As she gets into position for another strike, Zuko finally closes the distance and stands right in front of Azula, his chest a few inches away from Azula's fingers, looking Azula in the eye with the same sad expression as when he showed up.
>Azula, visibly confused, hesitates for a moment
>Wha- what's wrong, Zuzu? Decided to finally get by my side, as it was meant to be?
>Zuko reaches out and grasps Azula's hand, gently, yet his sister's hand still gives way, and manages to cup hers into his.
>Azula doesnt break her form in the rest of her body, but just couldn't help her hand from giving way. Her brother's hand was strangely warm, and she felt a shiver going up her arm as soon as their hands touched.

>Zuko takes his time contemplating her sister's face from above, before moving in closer to her, bending down her protruted arm as he keeps her hand in his, and reaching around with his other arm around her.
>"When did Zuzu get so tall" is all Azula can think, as he moves in closer to her, her arm surrendering to her brother's will like a mannequin's limb, her hand still sending warm shivers up to her chest
>She can't help but also lower her other arm and break position when she feels her brother's arm go around her, as if to better accommodate him. His light, yet ample touch on her back sends another pulse of jitter all over her torso, while her shock over her own body's reaction keeps her stunned for a while. She doesn't react at all while her brother pulls her closer into that weird, one sided embrace
>It isn't until Zuzu' other hand leaves hers, and places itself on the back of her head, that she snaps back into her senses
>"Where in Sozin's name do you think you're touching me, dear brother? We might be royals, but at least wait until we are into our rooms" she rebukes him, with a melliflous tone she had already used more than once with him. Yet, her attempts to disentangle herself from her brother's gentle embrace is fruitless, and she gets more and more restless as her sibling's warmth radiates even more into her from every spot of her body in contact with his, and scared that her body is reacting this way. "Come on, Zuzu. Leave me so that we can start our duel"
>"I'm sorry". A broken voice is all that leaves Zuko's mouth. "About everything. About dad. About mom." He pulls Azula even closer into the hug, sliding her lighting arm between his right arm and his body, bringing her head close to his chest.
>"...mom" this last word echoes into Azula's mind longer than the others. In a few moments, Azula's fear is repaced by anger, by wrath, by tear-filled fury

She's only strong on one axis, namely brute force. She's just beautiful, that I won't argue. She's cunning, but she's not very smart. She's definitely ruthless, to a fault. You left out her charisma, which she has in spades while things are going her way (which is all most leaders need).

Her mental issues may or may not have exploded the way they did if shit hadn't gone down the way they did, but I think it's pretty inarguable that she was one serious trauma away from going to pieces in a truly violent way. She could've led a small group of bandits, or been a pointless figurehead. No one in their right mind would let her do anything else.

>"WHAT DO I CARE ABOUT MOM? WHAT DO I CARE ABOUT ANYONE? EVERYONE LEFT ME ALONE AND I DON'T CARE BECAUSE I DON'T NEED ANYONE'S HELP! I CAN MANAGE ON MY OWN". As she screams, her sight clouded by tears, she wiggles about in her brother's arms, using all of her strenght and all of her dexterity to get out of that warm prison, but to no avail. His arms were keeping her safely still. "Was my brother always this strong?"
>Even as close to her as he was, Zuko almost doesn't recognize Azula's almost whispered, hiccups-broken words, as she weakly tries to move around in his light embrace. Managing to make sense out of them, he says
>"I'm here, Azula. For you. With you, until the end. I won't leave you alone." He says, while stroking one hand along her hair, and the other caressing her back. Holding her, he kneels down, also forcing his sister's knees to bend down and pulling her to almost sit into his lap
>Azula doesn't talk anymore, she isn't sure she even talked in the first place before, but now only sobs are escaping her mouth. She wouldn't exactly know what to say anyway, she just wants to stop crying. A true Queen of the Fire Nation doesn't cry, lest her subject would lose all respect for her. That's what her father always said to her. Maybe staying hidden between those strong arms is gonna protect her from the sight of her father for a while, and she manages to mumble out "please don't leave" -"I won't" - before going back to confused sobs.
>She doesn't know how much time has passed, but she slowly calms down. Her whimpers and sobs turn into relaxed sighs, her uncontrollable sadness and anger into a peaceful sense of safety and protection, her fear of her body's reaction to Zuzu's touch gives way to the fear that this feeling might end when the hug is broken.

>She doesn't know exactly when, but her head has nuzzled between her dear brother's chin and his chest, her arms have reached around Zuko's back, she too wanting to grasp her only remaining family as much as she could.
>All of the rest of the world didn't matter to her anymore. The war, the fire nation, the avatar, their father and the duty he had left to her. The only important thing was Zuzu's tight embrace and his caresses
>With each stroke of Zuzu's hand on her back, or through her scalp, the shivers going down her spine feel stronger and lasting longer, and she unconsciously asks for more by practically purring while in his lap
>As her brother's hand brushes for one last time on her lower back, and the other hand reaches the base of her scalp, she feels another, stronger shivering sensation through her whole body;
>"Zuzu" she only makes it in time to murmur, and finally slips into slumber, her mind filled with Zuko, her heart with peace, lighter than it ever was

Attached: azula reformed.jpg (900x1200, 310K)

>wanananana

Attached: 1531074722981.jpg (1920x1080, 249K)

Because mental illness can be treated and isn't an inherently bad thing

Nigger have you even watched the show? Zuko didn't challenge no one to Agni Kai, Ozai demanded it.

Ok but do they fuck

Zuko
>Limitless determination
>Endless training to get to the level he needs
>Will do ANYTHING to get an advantage
>Understands the concepts of firebending and lightningbending
>Trained with fucking dragons in the birthplace of firebending

Attached: zuko_dragon_dance.gif (400x300, 1.68M)

No. Zuko kills her with lightning while she's defenseless in his arms.
THEN they fuck

No I don’t like that

People often say that unlike the anime that inspired it, Avatar handles the way it's characters get more powerful in a more nuanced manner, but fuck me if this learn one true secret technique shit isn't the most anime thing ever.

>it's
Fuck, I'm retarded.

Azula slurps my cock like a noodle

Attached: AF7AA731-A34F-4941-A3C4-E11E84AD23B2.gif (595x450, 1.68M)

Because she had some unexpected humanity to her in the last few episodes, that people would have liked to see more of get explored through a redemption arc.

Attached: 1356240797050.jpg (200x200, 11K)