Scott never told Kim he was moving to Toronto

>Scott never told Kim he was moving to Toronto

But why

Attached: 13487.jpg (671x457, 56K)

Because of complicated feelings he didn't want to deal with.

he's an airhead, he just forgot

Scott is a bit of a cunt, in case you haven't noticed.

It could really be any or all of the things the 3 anons above mentioned depending how you see it
Scott is a bit of a complicated character, but it's even more interesting how Kim can't let him go

he's a dipshit asshole
thats the whole point of his character

>he just forgot
explicitly no
This. Scott is a douchebag chad who THINKS he's a quirky unpopular nerd and literally purges his mind of events that conflict with that self-image.

Attached: 1419190745461.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

I don't remember

because Scott is a legitimately bad person.

Does he purge his mind with powerful self-hypnosis, or does he choose to keep the information from anybody he recounts his life to?

The last book made it pretty clear that he was full-on delusional about his own behavior with serious gaps in his memory

Because Scott was a cowardly manchild and the whole saga is about him being less of a complete asshole.

t. Scott

Well, yeah. Kim is an abrasive character and probably doesn't respect anybody who doesn't make her work for their approval. Scott just using her and moving on is something that makes her do the work. He's a challenge to her.

/thread

Seems to me by this definition hes some sort stupid self insert for the audience

Because he's a cowardly, self-serving asshole that deals with his problems by burying his head in the sand and have others take the heat.

Based Scott

>Scott is a douchebag chad who THINKS he's a quirky unpopular nerd and literally purges his mind of events that conflict with that self-image.
The fact that so many people don't realize this boggles me. The movie probably didn't help with that either.

Am I the only one who noticed how blatantly V6 retconned the Scott/Kim relationship?

>Prequel chapters have him fight an asshole who kidnapped Kim
>V6 reveals the evil asshole was actually a mostly innocent dork with a different look
>Except Kim has a dream where the guy looks exactly like the asshole Scott fought to save her during
>So how can Scott's vision be a lie if Kim also saw it exactly that too?
V6 felt like it wanted to string things together to an end quickly, but some holes were too obvious for me to be invested. A shame since I loved V5. Kim still best girl

Attached: ac5ce8f3c9dc928fb9fa890ddd2c574c3efb4615bf6997fad7ac5c397b064acf.jpg (560x300, 65K)

How would it go down if the Scott Pilgrim series were rewritten as a harem-ending visual novel?

because he is an asshole

Especially considering there is no way Envy wasn't hot as fuck.

It would honestly be kino t bh
Not only because of the girls but also because the whole point of SP was to show how much of a delusion POS the mc actually is and could work as a sort of deconstruction of the genre. And there'll be cool boss battles too

Attached: 1434649858335.png (654x686, 866K)

He has trouble accepting the truth, especially considering that the truth meant leaving behind his first(?) girlfriend, so telling Kim instead of someone less consequential like Lisa would've felt too real for him to work his vidya-fantasy filter over

Kim is a cuck haha

CuckQUEAN

She should just rape him
Perhaps too cuck to do so though

The movie fucked this all up by casting Michael Cera. The worst casting choice in the whole thing.

>How would it go down if the Scott Pilgrim series were rewritten as a harem-ending visual novel?
That was pretty much scott's ending in the (now impossible to get) game, he wins and pretty much every plot-relevant girl marries him.

Wasn't that the Nega-Scott ending?

nega-scott enslaved everyone.

nah, and i confused things, it was just envy, knives and kim rather than all the girls.

What was Ramona's deal anyway? I never really got her compared to Scott

Smash and dash

PAWG
she was suppose to be just like scott in a sense, you just dont notice scott has a long line of exes or that Ramona was a goof-ball until its too late

Attached: 1559175335183.jpg (3300x2360, 845K)

Ramona had her own set of issues. People usually don't wind up with seven evil exes, and given that she's the common factor between all of them, it should have been clear that she was a part of her own problems. It's also telling that on top of her not really committing well in her latest relationship, we actually see that her habit of running away extended to her past relationships.

Not gonna lie, I still wanna fuck Ramona or some equivalent to Ramona.

I think it's the hair. And the tits. And the thighs. Probably all three. She's got nice pudge around the waist too. And an ass. That makes it five. A nice prime number.

He's a dick.

scott pilgrim is the reason for his own faulta.

Completely agree. everyone else was perfect but cera is not a scott by any means.

Lisa fucked Scott behind Kim's back

The story in volume 6, and to an extent 4 and 5 is extremely perplexing, it tried to do deepest lore but fucked up as is usually the case. A lot of the plot points resolve in a way that doesn't make sense at all, and the new ones raised by these books make even less sense.

Attached: maymay.jpg (640x853, 112K)

I guess I'm an idiot because I've read all of scott pilgrim and didn't realize for a second he was supposed to be a jerk until I saw anons point it out in every SP thread

Jesus user, you're fucking dense.

I thought he was a quirky guy that had bad stuff happen to him, I don't see why I was supposed to think he was the bad guy in the series

Nigga just wanted to get his dick wet and the fucking white cucks of the internet cant fuckin cope and go to gossipin like a buncha hens lmao

Oh no, his elf is just rotten, if not more than he. Truly irl Scott Pilgrim and a reason why polyamory is a sham.

Ayyyyy! There it is

I was kind of confused about what the glow was and whether Gideon had anything to do with it. I was super confused when Ramona's head started glowing.

Short answer, yeah

How old are you?

Everyone but the main 3 are too good to be lumped into this shit

There's no specific reason at all because the comic itself is shit.
Now, post Lynette.

Attached: Lynette_ready-1-.gif (63x81, 17K)

I wish I had Lynette's arm to mount above my fireplace

As a teen i used to think scott was such a cool badass
Now i just hate him and think hes an absolute faggot for rnding up with ramona when all the other girls he had before actually loved him and were better to him than ramona ever was
Like fuck you scott you dont deserve anything

>the (now impossible to get) game
It's worth pointing out that the game isn't impossible to get anymore. People kept saying it was hard to find, so for a while I didn't bother trying, but it's actually really easy. You can get the PSN version from PSNDL and it plays perfectly in RPCS3. I can't remember how I got the game out of trial mode, but I figured it out by Googling, so you can too.

Attached: file.png (1282x752, 43K)

Except Egoraptor, cause fuck him

Okay, neat. I'll look for it later.

>fuck you scott you dont deserve anything
That's exactly why the author decided to pair him with Ramona. Pairing him with either Kim, Knives or Lisa would be a condemnation for them

He shouldnt have been paired out with anybody and instead decide on the way of bettering himself as a person

Just me but i like that shit more than the boring ending we got

Didn't she end up with peppermint patty?

i think that aws the point, both ramona and scott were assholes, big part of the comics was them growing up to be semi responsible adults.

I still have it on ps3 can redownload it whenever i want so its still on their servers just unbuyable is all

Also the game kinda sucks in hindsight only good things about it are paul robertson working on the graphics

And the music by anamanaguchi

No.

It's not just Robertson, the whole Skullgirls graphics gang was on this.

I will never have a girlfriend
I cannot stand, or understand Yea Forums material like this
please, help me.

have sex

You can feel the fatigue Bryan was feeling, yeah. He was either getting jittery at wrapping the story up, or didn't know how. Endings are hard to get right, but with how much the story had established by the end of volume 5, I don't think Scott spending time pussyfooting about for half of V6 was the right move. There just wasn't time for it. At that point, you've placed your dynamite. Now light the fuse and run away

Attached: 5e67c356f6f4def7b3b3257054a2284ad01c21a3570dae3e69784b29dd8e1a26.jpg (597x800, 73K)

because hes a fucked up autist trash panda

A proud one

Ramona is a pretty clear foil to Scott
Scott runs from his problems mentally, forgetting or reframing events to maintain his self-image of a put-upon nerd and not an asshole
Ramona runs from her problems physically, fleeing to some new situation every time thing become too difficult for her to handle

She rejected him in my canon ending.

Attached: DXoKlFXW4AE_gZE.jpg (1200x779, 108K)

This. Scott is a pretty lousy person. He's not malicious though, just weak.

>The movie fucked this all up by casting Michael Cera.
It was a bad choice, but at the same time they needed someone with name value since tge brand was not widely known. Cera is your go-to for quirky nerd at the time so it makes sense. I do think Cera did a good job with the material and put in an excellent performance. He threw himself into the part and looked like he had a blast. Him not being right for the part is outside of his control.

>Cera is your go-to for quirky nerd at the time so it makes sense
But that's the problem: Scott isn't a quirky nerd.
The movie Scott has pretty much nothing to do with the comic Scott.

Compleyely different genre and scope, but I look at it similarly to Ledger's Joker; Not at all the character from the comics, but an enjoyable take nonetheless.

>Scott isn't a quirky nerd
His obsession with 90s games says otherwise.

>an enjoyable take
This. They are different versions of the same core concept.

I just read all 6 in one day two days ago.
HOLY SHIT SCOTT IS UNBELIEVABLE
Btw he did it because of
and a bit of Not his fault if he is a bit stupid. He tried.

you're absolutely right

>I never really got her compared to Scott
>Is a bit of a goofball like guess who
>While she has seven exes, Scott has three (unofficially four with the blondie of which I don't recall the name rn)
>Breaking hearts is their routine
>They both love to run away from their problems, ESPECIALLY SCOTT
I think you can easily see they were made for each other now.

Also, I still don't get what the fuck is the glow? Was it a fourth wall ref--OH WAIT it's related to that weird Subspace lookalike where Scott winds up dead?

This is the comedy police, that joke is so sad you have to pay bills now

Based

He didn't try though. That's kinda the whole point. Anything that involved difficult feelings, he'd try to avoid. That's why he didn't tell Kim he was moving, that's why he took his sweet time breaking it off with Knives even though he was fully cheating on her by that point, and that's why he had no introspective ability until the end when his life basically fell apart.
He doesn't try, not until his back is completely against the wall anyway.

Don't follow the comic that closely, but isn't he an immature dope?

Yes, but the story at first sorta plays it up as being endearing only to show later that he's really kind of a douchebag.

I think a lot of people choose to ignore because they fundamentally idolize Scott in some form. If not Scott himself, at least the life he leads.

It’s probably nostalgia, mixed with genuine feelings for Scott.

It would definitely mark a character regression for the other female characters, particularly Knives and Kim.

I disagree. Cera did a perfectly fine job. My biggest issue with the film probably came down to the lack of depth that characters were allowed to explore, but in fairness the film was mostly based in the first and second book, before the other characters were explored deeper.

I'm of the mind that Cera did a good job, but he just isn't Scott. He just wasn't the right choice. Scott is loud and extroverted, and I just can't see Cera quite filling that role. For the movie itself, he did a fine job, but if they were going to make a more faithful adaptation, he'd be a bad choice for Scott.

>Y-You're not mad at me right Kim? I swear there was nothing between us

Attached: Lisa.png (1280x1822, 359K)

I think that Kim would be good for Knives and Knives would be good for Kim. It’s a shame they didn’t get more character interaction outside of Book 4.

>The movie Scott has pretty much nothing to do with the comic Scott.
The movie, the game, and the comic are all separate continuities that respect the conceits of each particular medium by changing characters and the narrative to fit. I wish they'd kept the Knives ending as the movie's canon one so that this would have been more explicit.

Yeah, the movie was clearly written around the knives ending. It would have been better to go with that since Scott and Ramona didn't have much chemistry in the movie and that was almost the point.

Kim: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Going off what other anons are saying: Scott is a natural nerd, but he intentionally tries to play up the role.
Trying to isolate himself (including in his parent's basement) to play games, pretending his life is some video game scenario. It's like he wants to be as awkward as he can, and that leads to him doing pretty shitty things due to his lack of responsibility. At some point it's more of a mental issue

user we said we'd never speak of it again

I don't feel like he was trying to live the role of an idealized quirky nerd guy. He's just a dumbass that embodies the trope but ALSO he's an asshole that can't handle his personal relationships maturely and responsibly. I just never got the feeling or saw any hints that he was trying to embody a persona. If anything he spent most of the series not being self-aware enough to project an image onto himself.

It's like the episode of fish sticks in South Park, with Cartman recounting how he came up with the joke, Scott lies to himself until he actually believes his own lies as the thruth

To be fair we only see Kim behave like that after Scott behaves like an asshole to her, in the flashbacks she looked like a cute girl so is not far fetched to think that Scott broke that poor girls heart so Hard that se became bitter.. I think lots of us can relate to that

Yeah as much as I hate comic Scott, movie Scott should have ended with Knives, the Ramona ending didn't make sense.

25 but I have no social life and never had a gf

please
how do I get a committed relationship
I don't want women to be strange to me anymore.

>stops talking to her for a month

Because Scott is a horrible person, if you sit down and analyze almost all the characters are horrible persons.

someone get these two some coochie

Attached: tumblr_mgotuybLPe1rn1n9xo7_1280.png (1173x662, 542K)

Ending with her or not, Scott actually putting effort into trying to patch up/make amends over what he did to her instead of just having her go through a weird phase before accepting she dodged a bullet there was great.

He also decided to have a nap afterwards.
Nega-Scott was the true Chad.

Attached: 19A1F4D5-ED32-4F55-AEAC-B0FD5B89BE90.jpg (1983x1092, 1.66M)

Yeah, it was necessitated by the movie's format. Unlike in the comics, where Scott could just avoid her and basically forget about her for months, the fact that the movie takes place over the course of only a few days makes it so that all of his misdeeds are fresh and in his face (and so is Knives). So he basically has to do something.

The thought they put into each incarnation was great.

Makes sense. Its really nice how each incarnation is its own spin of the story indeed.

>t. normie

Kim is literally a beta orbiter nice-girl

Have sex

You first, Kim

It's funny how every line of this post is wrong.