CHILD'S PLAY REMAKE SPOILERS

CHILD'S PLAY REMAKE SPOILERS

>At the Kaslan Industries "Buddi" assembly line in Vietnam, a male employee is chastised by his supervisor for insufficient work. In response, the employee uses a computer at his workstation to tamper with the doll he is assembling, disabling all of the safety features. As this particular Buddi is packed alongside others in preparation for international delivery, the employee commits suicide.
>In Chicago, Illinois, Zed-Mart clerk Karen Barclay and her 13 year-old hearing-impaired son Andy are settling into their new apartment, where Karen encourages Andy to make new friends as she works to prepare for his 14th birthday.
>In an attempt to cheer Andy up and make up for the unease caused by the move, as well as the presence of her new boyfriend Shane, Karen bribes one of her work colleagues in order to procure a defective Buddi doll and presents the toy to Andy as an early birthday gift. Once Andy activates the doll, it names itself Chucky and becomes very attached to Andy. As the two bond, Chucky helps Andy befriend two other children in the building - a girl named Falyn and a boy named Pugg - and even frightens Shane on Andy's request.
>However, Chucky begins to display violent tendencies. He strangles the Barclays' pet cat after it scratches Andy, and as Andy and his friends gleefully watch a movie one night, Chucky starts mimicking the violence on the screen, approaching the trio with a kitchen knife before Andy disarms him.

Attached: Child's_Play_(2019_film).jpg (220x326, 24K)

>Andy arrives home the next day to find that his cat is dead, and Chucky admits to murdering it so that it wouldn't hurt him anymore. Further antics cause Karen to lock Chucky in a cupboard despite Andy's pleas, but he escapes and further terrorizes Shane, which leads to Shane confronting Andy.
>After overhearing Andy's pleas for Shane to disappear, Chucky follows him home. While Shane is outside taking down Christmas lights, Chucky frightens Shane, causing him to fall off the ladder and break both legs, activates a tiller which runs into his head and delivers his skinned face as a gift, to Andy's horror.
>While Police detective Mike Norris and his partner Willis begin an investigation, Andy, Falyn and Pugg decide to disable Chucky and dispose of him in the garbage. Building voyeur and electrician Gabe intercepts the doll and takes him to the building's basement to prepare him for online sale.
>Now fully repaired, Chucky demonstrates his ability to remotely interface with other Kaslan products and torments Gabe before mutilating him with a table saw. After making his way back to ground level, Chucky ends up in the possession of Mike's son Omar and ultimately proceeds to kill Omar's grandmother Doreen by causing the Kaslan Car she is travelling in to crash, before stabbing her in the chest.

Attached: Childs-Play-Remake-Poster-Toy-Story-4-Parody.jpg (798x420, 19K)

>Mike, believing Andy to be the killer, trails the boy to Zed-Mart and apprehends him just as Chucky takes control of the store and starts wreaking havoc, attacking employees and patrons alike with drones and other hacked toys before triggering the building's lockdown sequence. Mike is wounded amid the chaos, and Andy and his friends manage to reach the exit, only for Andy to be lured back in when Chucky reveals that he is holding Karen hostage with plans to kill her. Andy manages to free his mother while under attack from Chucky, before overpowering and defeating the doll with help from Karen and Mike.
>While paramedics tend to Karen and Mike, Andy and the rest of his friends smash Chucky’s lifeless body in a nearby alleyway. In the aftermath of Chucky's killing spree, Kaslan Industries CEO Henry Kaslan provides a disclaimer regarding Chucky's programming, and as more Buddi dolls are shown being recalled and placed into storage, one starts malfunctioning inside its box.

Attached: Childs-Play-Remake-Release-Date-2019-Poster.jpg (798x420, 37K)

Andy noooo please.
We're friends to the end, remember?

The gore sounds cool but the lack of a supernatural angle maybe not so much

This IS the end, Jew

It doesn't. Without it, Chucky is basically Ultron now.

You already lost me with that overreaction opening.

This sounds pretty cool actually

>disabling the safety features makes the dolls literally self-aware
>apparently they knew this was a thing since they had the features at all
>they created learning self-aware AI and used it in a fucking doll

Attached: 1535633113159.png (500x495, 248K)

>suits making terrible decisions over toy making regardless of what the creators say/do
I'm sorry but that actually sounds canon to me

Attached: 64242244_10220010541719367_3897972138706993152_n.jpg (363x263, 39K)

The main issue is that they using such an advance thing for a fucking toy instead of like making killer military robots or something

If this movie was about like a ball joint doll it'd be fuckin yandere kino

Attached: miku.jpg (494x636, 38K)

Hey, you sure this is Yea Forums and not Yea Forums?

Attached: C072D503-F3E0-4C60-ACB5-B32E098D49AF.jpg (600x3595, 603K)

Does it have any lewd in it?

It's a similar plot to Toy Soldiers, except that much of the AI code was accidentally copied from a military server (somehow) and it only made it into a small batch of toys. It also helps that the film doesn't take itself seriously at all.

Assuming the summary is accurate, I thought the twist was that a "super hacker" was going to be blamed for all this and the protagonists would waste much of the plot trying to find him. They finally find (or kill) someone involved in Chucky's revival but they realize too late that Chucky was actually alive all along. Maybe the other guy "unlocked" some kind of safety mechanism or something hand wave-y like that.

It's basically the "Joker loves Batman" angle but played with Chucky and Andy instead.

>Yup, here's your problem. Someone set this thing to evil

> Toy Soldiers

Small Soldiers. Been too long.

I’m not going to call the original any less ridiculous but this version is just a mad AI. Why even have the doll at all?

How did they botch the look of the doll that badly? That should've been priority number 1.

but does he do the Chucky war scream?

How much did this whole thing cost? Curious how much it needs to make not to bomb.

So is Chucky actually possessed by that disgruntled Vietnamese worker? Is this film going to comment on the shitty conditions that companies subject their employees in third-world countries to? in order to pump out as many products as cheaply as possible? Could be interesting if that's the implication.
Kek

Attached: DecisiveElatedEasternnewt-size_restricted.gif (498x280, 3.89M)

Actually I think this was made specifically to bomb. Studios will often pump money into a film they know will do bad for tax reasons. Though normally this happens with January release movies so this might not be the case

It's a puppet so I think it counts

Unless it makes 500 times its budget it's a flop, at least that what Yea Forums tells me.
Also Avatar is the only movie to ever make money.

Even Grown Ups 2?

That movie should get a remake.

As much as I'd love to see it come back in terms of popularity, I'm worried that a remake would be some ridiculously edgy take on the military industrial complex instead of a comedy that just makes fun of the military industrial complex.

While I do get the point you’re trying to make, Joker and Batman are a bad example and doesn’t really make sense.

Yep, here's the problem. Ya got this thing set to "Evil".

No hes not possessed at all. They could always retcon it but if they wanted to do that it would have been that way from this movie.

The smart toy gimmick actually is really interesting and could have worked as a new original film with someone just hacking smart appliances and devices to fuck with people and kill them. The doll being the front for this and how he gets eyes around the entire house.

Or just having another sequel where they are re releasing the buddy dolls with smart features and chucky puts himself in one of the new bodies.

This is 0.00% Yea Forums related. Did you get lost from Yea Forums?

That's bad enough to be true
Fuck this movie, original premise was way funner

gay I was hoping this would turn out to be some real post-humanism cyberpunk shit

A nice twist would have been adult Andy controlling the doll via remote

Well in that it was that the dude making them went behind his partners back and got processors from a defunct "Smart Missile" program.

Chips that had learning capabilities. Which works a bit better than "I removed the safeties and now its sentient"

It's because Mark Hamill is the voice of Chucky in this one.

>Chucky
Um, you mean Chinky?

Curse and cult were pretty decent.

Why not just continue with those movies?

Also seen it, Plaza was underused, Kids were decent, and not many kills but all of them were fun

Mark Hamill nailed it as Chucky, but i can understand why fun of the original can be unhappy with it (no voodoo killer, Chucky curses a lot less and it takes time for him to go full psycho)

I love horror but why is this being posted here?
I know we get a lot of Yea Forums spam but this isn't ACTUALLY Yea Forums.

Also I don't wanna get spoilered but just please let me know Is it ACTUALLY a remake or will OG Chucky show up to tie this to the original ongoing movie series making this the 8th continued installment on a technical level

They are, with the original cast and everything. No idea what this idiocy is all about

Wtf kinda faggot ass 14 year-old boy wants a Cabbage Patch Doll/Furby hybrid for his birthday?

Maybe they found the chips for cheap in the company inventory.

Attached: 268x0w.jpg (268x402, 46K)

Remake 100%, I even stayed after credits to make sure

movie isn't bad at all, but it was kinda dissapointing

>Well heres the problem somebody flipped the switch from good to evil.
I guess the simpsons really have done it all.

>21st
OH DAMN IT CAME OUT TODAY?
Man! They have really dumped the horror in the middle of summertime this year.

I wonder if it's because IT did well during summertime or if everyone just wants digital/Blu-ray release during actual Halloween time.