DC has better villains, Marvel has better heroes

>DC has better villains, Marvel has better heroes
>DC is gods trying to be human, Marvel is humans trying to be gods

Is there any easier way to tell someone doesn't read comics by them parroting this kind of shit?

Attached: file.png (530x400, 560K)

>I don't read comics
That's one I hear a lot

>CW Flash is the best interpretation

>Superman is too powerful!

Yes, if they use Yea Forums

I just read a comic. (Infinity War 4)

The heroes of DC are way better people than Marvel heroes and most DC heroes are humans not gods, they are just powerful. fucking hate normies

>just watch the movies

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (600x758, 282K)

>SJWs ruined comics

obligatory
>Marvel
>heroes

Yea Forums here I just watch the movies. I grew up on manga so I can’t find it in me to enjoy western capeshit. Sorry

Attached: D39B4CC7-D3FB-4B48-A120-1F198058BA96.jpg (500x500, 24K)

>and most DC heroes are humans not gods,
Yeah this. You take away Hal's ring or Barry's super speed and they're just regular dudes. It seems like every second hero at Marvel is a super genius

>DC are idealistic pessimists, Marvel are cynical optimists

>The DC universe has always been darker than Marvel

Attached: 8ff.jpg (800x640, 185K)

>Batman/Spider-Man is relatable

>I like Batman because he's realistic

>I like Iron Man because he's realistic

>>Superman is too powerful!

that one really annoys me. you never hear anyone complain about the hulk being too strong

I discard the opinion of anyone that argues about power levels

When I hear that it's always my #1 sign that anything else the person is saying isn't worth hearing.

Well, for Spider-Man at one point that was defensible. But as time went on and more and more astonishingly beautiful girlfriends came his way, he kept squeaking by on a photographer's salary (and only giving lip service to money issues) and more and more supporting characters became heroes and villains, it became laughable.

It's a favorite of Grace "Kit Harrington should play Superman" Randolph

Attached: COdoesn'tReadComics.png (1104x676, 223K)

I mean, he wasn't a "literal who" but he was nowhere near the level of prominence he's enjoyed since.

Someone on IMDb once said that Batman is a better character because he isn't a goody two-shoes team player like The Hulk.

To this day, I still have no idea whether that person was serious or not.

the motherfucker had 2 cartoons and was gonna have a movie before the mcu. not saying he was A list but normie revisionist claiming Iron man was some d-lister are just retarded.

Superman isn't the only character who's overpowered, but the problem with him is that the entire publisher and universe move themselves backwards to wank him as the most special, important, and better than everyone else. You this on top of his MAXIMUM super-powers and the character comes off looking like a big Gary Stu.

Hulk at least is a monster and is hated by people. Superman? Everyone started to get awaed by his presence and praising his ass whenever he shows up hovering in as if he was Jesus Christ played by Keanu Reeves gitfing puppies to infant cancer patients while doing blackflips with Tony Hawk's skateboard.

I know, especially when you have some of the same idiots acting like GOTG/Star Lord were super big, normie-known names before the 2000s.

Heroes are shit. They should be giving civilians ways and powers to defend themselves. The heroes ironically have a hero complex. Remember, when everyone is special, no one is.

Beyond that, Iron Man comics sold abysmally in the 90s, which is when the Amalgam comics were put together. Just picking a month at random (January 1995), Iron Man moved 16.4k units, good enough for a whooping 84th place. Let's select another random month, August 1993, where Iron Man sold 30k units, good enough for 109th place (eek). Meanwhile Punisher had 4 ongoings.

And I wouldn't exactly use a movie that never got made as an argument. The Ant-Man movie got retrofitted into Honey I Shrunk The Kids, and no one is claiming Ant-Man was a big deal.

It's not just that it's incredibly stupid, it's also that people repeat a stupid thing they read online in an attempt to sound smart.

>August 1993, where Iron Man sold 30k units, good enough for 109th place (eek)
Now #109 is 20k and 30k would put you in 64th

I hate it when people spout that garbage to sound deep.

>Jesus Christ played by Keanu Reeves gitfing puppies to infant cancer patients while doing blackflips with Tony Hawk's skateboard.
To be fair that does sound pretty cool.

Ah, yes, let's make every civilian a martial arts expert, I can't see how that could possibly go wrong in any way!

Nah man just give everyone a suit of Armor that can shoot lasers, fly etc or do massive gene editing on civilians to make them all Superhumans. Nothing bad could happen from that.

Attached: Cap and BB Black Bolt issue #9.png (420x444, 225K)

>Bruce Wayne is the mask, Batman is the real identity
>Superman is the mask, Clark Kent is the real identity

>the fifth dimension is imagination!

I think DC is way better than marvel
But fuck me they do some dogshit terrible movies since they finished the dark knight trilogy

Cyclops wants you to have powers but fascists like Captain America don't you to have them because then you could challenge their oligarchy

Both of these takes as well as the inverse are perfectly acceptable interpretations desu famalama-dingdong

At least you're honest, unlike those Snyder apologists.

I sometimes wonder if the Nolan trilogy's biggest problem was that it was TOO good. It led to DC trying to get his input for all of their properties, including ones where his touch didn't really work (Superman, Flash), and when the MCU started really taking off, it seemed DC then decided to re-invent themselves as ''the dark company'' to piggyback off Nolan and make themselves stand out from Marvel/Disney.

I fail to see the problem with this one.

I'm in the same boat
Even if DC comics' comics are kinda shitty right now

>it seemed DC then decided to re-invent themselves as ''the dark company''
It's incredible that some suits thought "dark" is why people liked the Nolan Batman movies. Daredevil was "dark", and everyone hated it.

I used to think that was just a meme, but then I started reading those threads and was honestly kind of shocked. I mean, not even the most pretentious contrarians I went to college with see metaphors that contrived in mass media shit.

If something bad happen, other civilians have ways to stop it. We don't have to rely on heroes anymore. WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE HEROES.

Snyder's lighting choices are just unpleasant to look at, and his attempts at 'symbolism' are painful

>If something bad happen, other civilians have ways to stop it.
isn't that just war tho?

The worst part is I'm certain most of them aren't pretending

Well that's the problem. "DC" doesn't do anything. WB handles the adaptations so it's always going to be a mixed bag

If anything I should be saying sorry. I understand where you’re coming from and it’s very sad because unfortunately mangaka can’t write to save their lives.

this one is aggravating

>it’s very sad because unfortunately mangaka can’t write to save their lives.
Urasawa

>tfw the big 2 is obsessed with meta shit when I just want a simple dick tracy style series of heroes fighting badguys, no bullshit attached

Attached: 1476453290462.gif (500x383, 909K)

This is more funny because the ones that can write do it better that the professional writers condemned to write Marvel and DC fanfiction.

You've got some good jokes user. But I'm also another guy who only grew up watching the cartoons/movies but drifted more towards anime/manga. What can I say? I prefer linear, cohesive narratives with definitive endings from the mind of one visionary.

Marvel is what Superheroes could be.

DC is what Superheroes should be.

God I hate this one

Yeah. because modern comics are so fucking spectacular these days right? Thank God for Bendis.

>DC is what Superheroes should be
Not with DC's edgy writing they shouldn't

>manga
>highschool setting
>herbivorous shy type pussy protagonist
>unimaginative shounenshit superpowers
>isekai garbage
>cringe teen drama
>recurring theme of teens and kiddies = good, adults = bad
>pacifist autism

Attached: 1533159070430.gif (383x214, 497K)

I was under the impression that the Superman one was mostly true, as in he feels human an Superman is a way to inspire others. Was I mistaken?

I'm not an Yea Forumsutist but I must say, it's really ironic of you to say that ITT.
The things you just said only apply to most trashy shounen. There are many great manga for e.g. Monster.
IMO there shouldn't be a difference between comic book readers and manga readers, as manga is just a japanese comic.

This. He works better in a world where he is the only super hero.

hehe I also remembered of her when I read it.

>Marvel characters are like, totally relatable for real!!

WW, Aquaman and Shazam were at the very least alright to good :/

The movies are fine, stop beng pussies about other people enjoy thing you don\t like.

That will be true if western comics stopped being created with the same philosophy as a TV sitcom with no real end in sight.

Yeah but everything else is garbage

MoS and BvS are great.

Fuck off, Zack

Its the truth.

That one's largely true though.

The only thing irritating about it is the fact that somebody would come out with this basic bitch piece of information as if it were some deep insight about the characters.

>The Ant-Man movie got retrofitted into Honey I Shrunk The Kids
What in the what? Don't just say that casually as if its common knowledge.

this actually makes a lot of sense

Attached: dooooooooooooooom.png (437x403, 20K)

The fucked up thing is that DC ascribe to this idea, but in place of Marvel, they've their masked vigilantes. They like to portray this distance between the costumed meta-humans, who are portrayed as gods trying to retain their humanity, and the masked vigilantes, who are portrayed as humans trying to challenge the gods.

Again, you just aren't looking for them enough. Most of the Euro comics are contained in a single book. As for the US, you also have finished stories like for example Maus. And if you like the superhero genre you can just read mini/maxi series instead of normal ongoings.

I got a friend and he specifically dislikes the lack of a struggle
>physical struggle
>character struggle
basically, he dislikes Superman, Captain America, and Goku because they're both unstoppable AND perfect characters. Superman, Cap, and Goku always do what's right and are the people you look up to, and as a result don't go through character arcs on becoming better people or figuring things out. At the same time, the nature of their powers makes them invincible. There's no doubting they ever win or lose. There's no tension or drama. They simply swoop in and fix it. The only exception to this rule for him which I kind of understand is Jesus.
Honestly, I agree with him. Part of what makes storytelling so enticing and engaging is how things change in the course of the story. Change for better, change for growth, and so on. If the change becomes incredibly predictable and stale, then what's the appeal?

Attached: supes.png (437x403, 12K)

tho reading thro this thread ironically he did note that he didn't read the comics and just watched the movies....

The fact that Superman has to always be the nicest one in the room, with the narrative emphasing just how nice he really is compared to everyone else, and that Superman can never do wrong or fail, with the narrative emphasing how Superman represent hope and shit, is the biggest reason why he can come off as boring to some people.
Superman's more a morality tale than anything else. You read his stories to feel good and see an inspiring figure. Superman's like Santa Claus, in a way.

That's why i like MoS, the movie, to a degree. Because we got to see Superman being somewhat stupid and struggle a lot, with most of the things not going his way.

Then is more like European comics are their own diferent thing.

The problem was WB asked that hack snyder to make nolan movies for them.

As a veteran Tony Hawk player (on the console supreme, the OG PlayStation), I can tell you for a fact, that if Jesus Christ (as played by Keanu Reeves) were doing backflips while handing out puppies to infant cancer patients, he damn well deserves to be seen as as the Messiah.