Why did he watch his father die? Would running out to get him really convince people he was a metahuman...

Why did he watch his father die? Would running out to get him really convince people he was a metahuman? Why would people not just lump it in with all the other supposedly superhuman feats witnessed in times of crisis like parents lifting cars? Why did Jonathan Kent vanish into the tornado dust instead of turning into a comical ragdoll flopping around from car to car with Hans Zimmer reusing some light-hearted music from Driving Miss Daisy?

Attached: whytho.png (2063x856, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

manofsteelanswers.com/did-jonathan-kent-die-for-a-dog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Batman should be raped in prison

because STOP INVINCIBLE SON

Could that happen in one of Zack's movies?

Because Zack Snyder is an insulting hack who thinks Superman has to stare at his dad dying for audiences to feel anything.

Attached: AENYkcG.gif (640x266, 3.24M)

>STOP INVINCIBLE SLUT

Pa Kent dying like a normal old man would've been nice.

Keep the Kents alive. Superman already has enough tragedy as last survivor of Krypton

If he went and saved his dad and showed everyone his powers everyone there would've freaked out. They weren't ready to see something like that, as was explicitly told like 2 seconds after.
And the whole point of Jonathan's death was that he had to teach Clark that he can't save everyone, even those closest to him sometimes.

No he doesn’t, he barely even cares about Krypton and it doesn’t affect him at all emotionally since he considers the Kents his parents.

>If he went and saved his dad and showed everyone his powers everyone there would've freaked out. They weren't ready to see something like that, as was explicitly told like 2 seconds after.

If that's what the film makers wanted they really should have made that movie, instead of one where Pa Kent died a completely preventable death. Running forward does not reveal one a an alien, nor does carrying a old man.

Because Snyder did not understand Pa Kent or the values he actually imparted on his son. Snyder wanted Pa Kent to serve as an obstacle in Clark's road to being Superman, rather than the cornerstone of everything he stands for.

Attached: Do good my invincible son.jpg (620x281, 47K)

user I don't think they would have seen it regardless. You know, FASTER THAN A SPEEDING BULLET. They would have chalked it up as a miracle or some dumb shit. Either case, it happened because the plot said so for stupid reasons

That's Pa on his deathbed, though. Beforehand hed stop Clark from using his powers.

>They would have chalked it up as a miracle or some dumb shit.
Yep and that's what happened when Clark saved the school bus

Yeah and the added bonus of the tornado is a great distraction, plus Clark using super speed to snatch his dad which no one would have saw

>think Brightburn is seriously lacking in MoS memes
>this thread made me realise that Brandon literally watched his father to death

Based Gunn

PA Kent's death should teach Clark the importance of life and that there are some people he can't save.

>Beforehand hed stop Clark from using his powers.
You do realize that Superboy was a thing, right? Pa Kent never stopped Clark from using his powers, he encouraged him. In fact, the picture you're responding to is from when Clark was still Superboy.

I think people would've noticed a sudden blur and Jonathan being in the middle of cars to right in front of them in the blink of an eye. That would be pretty damn suspicious.

TO ADVANCE THE PLOT.

NOW FUCK OFF.

That came later and was then retconned in, then retconned out for Earth-2 shenanigans.

He wouldn't have even needed to use superpowers though, maybe a little classic Clark cheating but hey Snyder doesn't know shit about that.

How would him staying alive have changed the plot in any way?

The whole reason why Pa died was because Clark needed to be somewhat resentful and distrustful of humanity, and that only happened because NOLAN was anal about Clark being a superhero as Superman without some alien invasion to fight off, otherwise he thought it was an extremely selfish move.

Clark wouldn't be resentful of humanity, and himself, for his father's death. So he'd have no reason to place his faith in Lois, then later the military, essentially bridging him to humanity and make both forces the heroes of the story, because they learned to both trust in one another so they could help save the day together.

Why would Clark hate humanity for his father being a retard? A person didn't cause the tornado.

Because Snyder wanted Clark to learn the lesson never help anyone, even if you love them and they're in danger because Superman is all about not helping people unless they worship the ground you fly over.

Because Zack Snyder is an edgy, cynical, randian shit that doesn't understand Superman.

Oh he heard it to, probably listened to him cry out in pain and watch his mangled lifeless body crack against the flying debris

>randian
Why do people keep saying this? Snyder's Superman doesn't act Randian at all.

I said Snyder is randian. Learn to read Snyderfag.

Such a dumb moment, it came out more like Pa Kent was just sick of Clark and wanted to commit suicide. Even dumber for Clark to go with him wanting to die.

to show that simply 'obeying the father' is not a good path to becoming a hero.
when it comes to rebellion, clark is all talk and no action because his father raised him to be fearful instead of proud, so when the chips are down, he listened to his dad and forever regretted it.

>hey! That kid is running abnormally fast!
>you probably just imagined it. With the tornado and adrenaline can we really trust our eyes and memory to determine if he was running really fast or abnormally fast?
>good point! Never mind
Pa died for nothing

Just realized that if those plot details from Wonder Woman 1984 turn out to be true then this scene becomes even more messed up than it already is, bravo.

The fuck? He thought it'd seem selfish if Superman was depicted as benevolent towards humans? Am I reading that right?

Attached: imuddhd0333-1030x775.jpg (1030x775, 84K)

Same reason Iron Guy's Paki buddy ran back into gunfire.
To force an "inspirational" sacrifice.

Attached: 936full-iron-man-screenshot.jpg (936x390, 179K)

Why didn't he save the dog instead of his dad? Nobody expected that his dad would get stuck but either way it'd be safer for the young able-bodied son to walk towards danger to free a dog than the old man.

I think the idea was Superman basically upsetting EVERYTHING humanity believes is selfish unless there's a damn good reason, in this case him existing being totally irrelevant since his species showed up and literally said EVERY implication his father wanted to avoid to mankind's face.
Made worse by the fact it's retroactively total bullshit since humanity is pretty okay with Superman beyond some butthurt that he didn't save the world good enough and him possibly not playing on the same rules as an accountable sovereign nation. And even worse yet, it being forced to be a part of an expanded universe that already knew about and was pretty okay with freaks of nature and literal gods that call into question humanity's place in the physical and spiritual world.

How could he? He couldn't fly yet, the tornado would have picked him up and flung him around with Jonathan.

>there are some people he can't save.
Except he could LITERALLY SAVE HIM.

Because humanity wouldn't rejoice over the fact there's a being fast enough to save a life, they'd immediately ask why he couldn't save everyone ever, or ask what the being could do for -them-. They'd never be satisfied.

I think the issue is more humanity would freak the fuck out over him existing. Pa didn't want to force Clark into revealing himself, and be the spotlight of unpleasant attention like "calling God into question" and "wanting to be taken and examined by top men"
The movie presents an interesting idea however it's not for the actual Superman.
And again, retroactively made pointless by the DCEU.

That's why you pull an All-Star Superman and have him die from natural causes instead.

Clark already revealed his power level when he saved that busload full of kids and everyone kept quiet, the same thing probably would have happened if he saved Pa. Hell, I might have even been fine with it if Pa didn't sacrifice his life to save the fucking dog.

Yinsen's sacrifice made sense though, his family was dead and he had nothing to lose but Tony.

It was just suicide, he didn't slow them down in any meaningful way. There was no reason to die other than it's the old cliche.

>"My father believed that if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me... out of fear. I let my father die because I trusted him. Because he was convinced that I had to wait. That the world was not ready. What do you think?"

That's why. Ultimately, he wanted Clark to experience life a normal person instead of growing up drunk on his superhuman powers. It made Clark Kent a man who can understand human life and taught him restraint. In fact, all of Pa Kent's actions are about teaching Clark restraint in order to see the bigger picture.

This comes to a head in BvS and is the core dilemma of that film. Clark uses his power to bail Lois out of a bad situation that she selfishly got herself into. In turn, he sparks the entire chain of events of BvS and calls into the question the morality of Superman. During the movie, while Clark is contemplating about this very question, he sees a vision of Pa Kent on a mountain top and Pa Kent recounts his story about the flood. The parable of the flood is about how seemingly good actions can lead to bad consequences and the importance of restraint.

Attached: 1545608752399.webm (1440x600, 2.76M)

That shit's real unsupermanly though.

This also offers more perspective on the situation
manofsteelanswers.com/did-jonathan-kent-die-for-a-dog/

>manofsteelanswers
Jeez, I honestly hope this movie is deemed some unappreciated gem, if only for these poor fucker's sake.

I can sympathize with him. It's frustrating to see how absolutely braindead cape moviegoers are. With a normal movie, this level of thematic content is nothing new, but for cape films it's expected for everything to be as simple as possible and outright explained multiple times with no room for analysis or interpretation. MoS/BvS biggest sin is that they expect the viewers to pay attention to the dialogue and actions of the characters, without heavy handed exposition. I can't count how many times I've discussed these films and detractors don't even know what really happened in the movie. I've had people on this board tell me that every single Clark reporter scene could be cut out in BvS and wouldn't change anything about the movie. The level of stupidity displayed is mind boggling.

>he runs in and saves his dad
>somebody will immediately report this to the FBI instead of just telling it as a story whenever they get the chance

No one would have cared enough to investigate it