Rare Lessons and Morals

What are your favourite teachings from cartoons and animated movies that aren't generic "be kind" or "don't judge book by the cover" advices?

Attached: aesop.jpg (498x657, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0wDNf7xMijA
youtu.be/ujuKNNtOwtY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

“SMOKE.”

Don't believe everything ya read

youtube.com/watch?v=0wDNf7xMijA

Attached: foxy loxy.jpg (773x578, 106K)

They house always wins!

that's not a lesson, that's a joke.

Bump

>sometimes, there might be things you’re not cut out for no matter how bad you want it or how hard you try
>college is not always necessary when building a career

Attached: 738B1054-99D5-47AA-9E6D-9CB13EE28BEF.jpg (396x585, 41K)

"Don't punch a nazi just because they're racist towards you."

"Happiness through enforced equality is no happiness at all."

"Some truths cannot be explained by science."

I like that there seems to be a growing trope of cartoon episodes that amount to the lesson “not everyone will like you and you should just accept that.” To my recollection, it’s been in the Tangled animated series, Family Guy, and I think also in the horse show that will not be named. I feel like there may be more, though.

Attached: season1lesson.png (850x480, 537K)

Maybe the basic lesson here has become a bit more common since this episode aired, but this scene still really touches me, particularly
>if you’re sad, go on and be sad

youtu.be/ujuKNNtOwtY

And, yeah, they also slipped in “beee yourself!” in there, which is very common in cartoons, but not as often applied to characters undergoing emotional funks like Lisa is in this episode.

Inside Out had "it's ok to be sad sometimes" too.

t. Nazi wannabe

Yeah, and so did the Ballad of Nessie short, which is why I think it’s catching on and becoming more popular.

Attached: 963F3DF7-E8AC-450C-9852-D92243A112A7.jpg (2016x1063, 710K)

Jokes can be vehicles by which we teach lessons.

Basically any time the protagonist does not end up with the obvious love interest character they may or may not have been pursuing. There are many ways to do this.

Attached: A1C52F03-22FD-4E77-A37C-55F5763E42D7.png (1440x900, 698K)

>image
shrek was inversion of this, lol.

There was one episode back in Recess with that one kid that refused to like T.J. no matter how hard he tried

Shrek inverted a number of things, but it still fell into the common (and not always necessarily bad) pattern of:
>protagonist works hard
>protagonist likes love interest (eventually)
>protagonist gets love interest in the end
Even if they both turned out to be “ugly.”

>friends are allowed to keep things to themselves
>but friends dont lie to each other

Attached: lesson of s2.jpg (854x480, 57K)

Hilda has the message that things don't always go your way, but you can always find good in what you get.

It's such a good message for today's entitled generation.

Attached: 1550710516249.png (405x639, 344K)

"If you're about to die from sickness anyway, might as well make yourself useful and give your meat to feed others".

Attached: leafie_bad_end.jpg (720x384, 59K)

I’m... not sure if the lesson there was intended to be taken that literally.

Killing people is okay sometimes.

Attached: 1540763308768.png (620x415, 91K)

this is true, but should not be taught by cartoons

Don't do this to me, user.

>and I think also in the horse show that will not be named.

What episode?

Yeah, it's true and should be thought by live action karate bugmen children's shows.

Attached: kid's show in Japan.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

I liked that about Shrek though. On Fiona's end the message was
>Even if you think you're unattractive there are other people who will appreciate you for what you are
I think it was pretty effective considering Fiona was actually pretty fat and weird looking as an ogre, compared to her human self

>should not be taught
if dumbass kids are learning solely from cartoons, the responsibility lies with their guardians to develop such discussion.

I can’t even remember if I’m thinking of a specific episode, it just really feels like something they would do eventually.

i stopped giving shit after third season 3 finale.

it didnt have any good life lessons

Sex appeal is all that matters when trying to get a job and the government will steal from you.

Attached: remove pajeet.png (330x310, 162K)

Anything Uncle Iroh says.

This. One of the greatest characters in fiction.

Attached: quote protect nothing.jpg (500x746, 100K)

The Trok episode of TTG is to this day the only episode about racism that makes any sense.There is no last minute change of heart.He is still an asshole at the end and everyone basically tells him to fuck off.