Anyone remember 8House? what was the deal with that anyway...

Anyone remember 8House? what was the deal with that anyway? i remember Brandon Graham talking about some huge plans he had for it coming in hot from the Prophet hype.

He said that it was going to be some kind of imprint inside image with plenty of titles and shit but he just stopped 6 issues in, what gives?

Attached: file.png (585x900, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/ahundredyears/episode-11-heinlein-and-star-trek-with-matt-sheean
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It sold badly and all his of friends hate him now lol

>all his of friends hate him now
Damn really? i'v ebeen off the comic scene for a while and last i knew Graham was basicaly the indie messiah. Can i get a quick rundown? Please.

His open and proud fetish for trans women eventually got him labelled a creep by the trans and feminist comic community.

and then he posted a comic, proving his absolute boss level.

Attached: nope.jpg (540x655, 139K)

Was he kicked off image? i remmeber him getting somekind of editor job there.

Well, churchland was his partner/wife, and I'm pretty sure they broke up

the community turning on him happened after his major sway at Image had run its course. also
>my main work is still making comics through Image comics
as of his wordpress on april 10 of this year

Gotta love those Image books that everyone talks about as the enxt big thing... then disappear into the ether.

Attached: nonplayer-1_d5e7d70401.jpg (290x446, 75K)

SOONtm

4 years have passed, new issue should come any week now.

This shit hasn't ended yet?

it's an ongoing...and ongoing....and ongoing...and ongoing...

No

>all his of friends hate him now lol
Don't believe everything you read on Yea Forums.

He has an art show right now in Portland with Farel.

Attached: A Hundred Years.jpg (1280x915, 415K)

They are sexual partners, not friends.

They are friends. They host a podcast together. Matt Sheean (another friend who appeared in Prophet and Island) was on the latest episode.

soundcloud.com/ahundredyears/episode-11-heinlein-and-star-trek-with-matt-sheean

Don't believe everything you read on Yea Forums.

Attached: Matt Sheean.jpg (1040x1600, 757K)

>Was he kicked off image?

I don't believe so. If anything, the people that hate Brandon also have a grudge against Image for a lot of reasons.

Are you telling me all the ruckus is just from a bunch of sub indie tier literaly whos?

Hey look it's Incubus

Who with any sway hates him them? Because the fact thst his bubbling up suddendly stopped is a fact

Every ruckus will always be exaggerated on Yea Forums as bigger and more impactful than it actually is.

For anyone wondering what Brandon Graham is up to, he wrote this in April:
>my main work is still making comics through Image comics
>My main thing right now is RAIN LIKE HAMMERS, that I’m 80 something pages into– It’ll get an official release date when I’ve got 120 pages done.

And he wrote this in May:
> I’ve been leaning more towards single graphic novel stories– the thing I’m working on now might end up around 200-300 pages. (I’m on page 92 today)

So presumably we're a only few months away from the announcement of his next comic.

>Every ruckus will always be exaggerated on Yea Forums as bigger and more impactful than it actually is.

You can't blame Yea Forums for that. It's deliberately made bigger and more impactful by people on Twitter and comics journalists.

Nobody. He probably stopped putting out a shitton of comics simultaneously due to low sales (a matter of public record) and burnout (I'm just guessing). Now he's taking his time and working on OGNs instead of monthly ongoings.

I can blame Yea Forums for that. You should know better. Nobody posts Twitter screencaps on Yea Forums with good intentions, and you should have learned by now to take them all with a grain of salt.

Great, id much rather prefer this from him than just leaving an infinite trail of unfinished series behind like so many writers do.

Thanks for the info pal these are great news since i really enjoy his stuff and thought he was a goner.

He was too progressive yet not progressive enough so he got got

More like 6house then