What am i in for?

what am i in for?

Attached: Backup-Watchmen-1.jpg (976x1520, 320K)

based

Ligma

a brilliant character study but a boring story.

I's one of those stories that gets better with each reading.
The story is great, but I was really impressed with the pacing of the story and the use of the 9 panel grid.

My favourite part’s just trying to spot all the little details. Every newspaper headline, every piece of graffiti, there’s always another bit of symbolism weaved into the art.

Probably Moore's best work.

Worth reading just for how influential it turned out to be.

And as pointed out, there's an insane level of care put into layout, backgrounds etc.

this. i always find myself rereading certain issues, particularity issues 4 and 6

for me, the best comics ever written are JLA 14 and watchmen #4
doomsday clock #10 and Watchmen #4 are really great comics and reading them after each other is a top tier experience

Attached: watchmen 4.jpg (1073x1650, 397K)

i remember dave gibbons gave an interview abut how the script would be like 1 page about 1 panel.

id love to go back to 1986-1987 and read watchmen then. im sure back then it was a seismic shift in comics

I could never decide if Fearful Symmetry being mirrored forwards and backwards was clever layout or a bit too “cute” for its own good.

>Probably Moore's best work.
I say it's his second greatest, but still top 10 of all time material.

whats his first?

A solidly-executed but massively overrated comic that the industry has been learning all the wrong lessons from for the last 30+ years.

>massively overrated
Name 20 better.

Incal
Metabarons
Dark Knight Returns
Batman Year One
Hellboy
Corto Maltese
Airtight Garage
Nikopol Trilogy
Blueberry
Akira
Domu
Tintin
Asterix
Berserk
Vagabond
Monster
Billy Bat
All-Star Superman
A Contract With God
Judge Dredd

Not one of these is better, though a few are as good. I love Otomo, but your manga selection is absolutely inferior to even your average "best comics" list.

Yeah, Watchmen is probably the best comic you could ever read multiple times. The 12 issues makes it easy to digest in one sitting and the pages are absolutely chock full of details relevant to the story, both obvious and subtle. I find something knew every time I read it and it's always an absolute delight that I can still find new things after a decade of pouring over every page through multiple readings.

>Incal
>Metabarons
Jodoroswky is fun to read but the actual writing is pretty lackluster. I still enjoy it but to call it one of the best of all time is just ludicrous.

And fuck Billy Bat/Monster, the only Urasawa work that doesn't completely shit the bed at the final act is Pluto.

Warning you ahead of time: Watchmen's an INSANELY dense story. There's stuff going on on a whole TON of levels, be they narrative, character, thematic, or meta. Every single panel and sentence has a purpose and nothing is there for no reason or is wasted. Its one of the most amazingly well structured stories I've ever read in my life. And every moment tends to have like 4 or 5 different layers of meaning, beyond the surface-level. It richly rewards multiple rereadings. Cause you're ALWAYS gonna notice new shit you never noticed the last time around.
I've known people, myself included, who still pick up on new wrinkles in the characters and the story even more than a decade+ later.

Attached: 1555836083137.jpg (540x537, 58K)

Whos is Steve Jobs?

The most underrated overrated story of all time

What would you say are some of the worst lessons that have been taken from it?

Why does Jon seem so much more human here than in the movie? I've always felt like he's more submissive than the all powerful god that people makes him out to be.

What did Dan ever see in Laurie? In the comics it always feels like she wants to get smashed really bad.

unironically the best comicbook ever

A big clock

Manhattan was too distant and emotionless so she became attracted to his opposite. She could also relate to Dan since they were both superheroes that got a thrill from superhero-ing.

>Watchmen #4
Based. It took me rereading it to realize it, but even compared to the rest of the work it stands alone. Even more impressive is that it's basically a 30 page monologue.

Attached: who makes the world.jpg (736x1148, 229K)

A key thing to understand about Jon's character is that his disconnect from humanity is as much imagined by him and put on him by other people as it is really existing. He was a very submissive, passive person as a human, and he is a very submissive, passive person as Manhattan. The only difference is that he uses his powers as an excuse for the latter.

She was hot and in the same line of work. I'm only half kidding. They are also the two most "human" heroes, both got into the hero business because they looked up to someone (Laurie claims to have been pushed into it, and there's some truth to that, but when you see her less disillusioned younger self she seems to want to be a hero more, plus the ending) and both are normal people trying to make sense of an increasingly crazy, cruel world around them.

Not him, but many of us were exhausted by deconstruction trends in cape comics.

They tore down plenty but never added anything back.

Jerusalem

Ligma balls.

Attached: file.png (632x326, 521K)