Did this moment cement Iron Man as the most popular superhero of all time around the world?

Did this moment cement Iron Man as the most popular superhero of all time around the world?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 49K)

No, the "I Am Iron Man" of the first movie did.

Most popular is still superman

Give me a call when audiences actually cry over Superman's death. Actually, I'll make it even easier for you, give me a call when a Superman movie grosses $1b.

Attached: UltimateLameAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif (800x352, 2.4M)

He's behind Batman and Spiderman since the 2000s. Yes he's still the main name of the genre because of his historical importance for the pop culture and the USA, but it's a new world now, Gramps. Superman is like all the important cultural stuff in a museum that new generations are too busy to see

He’s definitely in the top 5, but, Iron Man, Batman, Spiderman and Wolverine overshadow hom

It's still Spider-man

>He's behind Batman and Spiderman since the 2000s
He was behind them even before that, and also behind Hulk now, and X-Men in the 90s, people also always forget Spawn who was more popular and outselling everyone for a time in the 90s as well
I mean let's be honest, the last time Superman was actually relevant was when they "killed" him and that was just to stop his nose diving popularity at the time
>b-but muh Lois and Clark show

Why were they trying to send Thanos back in time, wouldn't that fuck over the timeline he was from?

why do people on Yea Forums pretend it isn't Batman?

Cool it there, Batman

Give it a few years, no one will remember him or any of the Avengers except for Spiderman. There's a reason why they were at the lowest tier of superhero rankings.

Iron Man is objectively shit. His books for the most part range from mediocre to shit, and frankly most readers only care for him when he's borderline evil. The concept sells more than the character.

As for casuals, they'll like pretty much anything if you package it right. Hell they'd probably take to Blue Beetle real easy.

Attached: Iron Man Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes.png (930x1600, 618K)

nope

Well known maybe, but not popular.

people don't care about Iron Man, they care about the mcu because it's a cultural phenomenon. they can make memes and people know what they're talking about.

The only way to gauge Iron Man's true popularity is to see how he's received while being played by a different actor. Right now it's hard to separate RDJ from Tony Stark. Is Iron Man truly like Batman? Like James Bond? Where any actor can come into the role and interest will be the same?

Time will tell.

No when Spider-Man and Batman exist

The only people who care about superman and batman are literal boomers, or DCfags.

For everyone else, it's usually split between the Avengers or Spiderman

Nobody was trying to do this lol

>superhero
>killing the villain

didnt sit well with me desu

He isn't internationally

>As for casuals, they'll like pretty much anything if you package it right. Hell they'd probably take to Blue Beetle real easy.

i can see spider-man fans going to jaime reyes and iron man fans going to ted kord

he's not even relevant to young people any more

Iron Man will be remembered like Luke Skywalker.

Smallville was huge. I know Yea Forums likes to pretend Supes isn’t relevant anymore outside of “Le comfy” but Supes has had successful adaptions outside of comics. Just not at the movies recently.

Spider-Man if we're talking most liked.
Superman if we're talking most well known.

Most popular imo is 1- Batman 2- Spider-Man 3- iron man currently

Plus Smallville's been getting a lot of press in the last few months :^)

Bruh it's THANOS.

I can understand this argument for any villain that isn't named after the Greek word for death.

>As for casuals, they'll like pretty much anything if you package it right

The same can be said of any group though. Comicfags will eat up litetally anything an artist they like works on. Moviefags will sing the praises of anything with a particilar actor in it. I can go on.

Casuals at least have the benefit of only noticing things designed to appeal to them, rather than latching on to every single thing that comes out like some "hardcore" types do

LMAO

Iron Man is popular because of the RDJ portrayal. Now that it-s over the character will go back to being shit, most likely.
It-s still a long ways to go in front of a character like Batman or Spider-Man.

Rdjs portrayal wasn't that good, hardly definitive. It was in fact bad since like Iron Man 2

Iron Man as a character is cooler a better than RDJs effete bratty ass

Iron Man doesn't have no kill policy, it's not like when Batman or Superman killing people, or even Raimi Spider-Man just letting them die.

>Rdjs portrayal wasn't that good, hardly definitive. It was in fact bad since like Iron Man 2
I can safely say you represent a minority opinion.

Movies wise, probably. Comics wise, not really.

Attached: 42119895538c8a4053d8689b849950d3.gif (700x373, 3.77M)

When will you DCucks learn

Marvel's characters=new hotness
DC's big characters=old and busted overpowered dinosaurs from a bygone era that should be put out to pasture

Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman are cultural icons in North America up there with Santa, Jesus and Dracula. People might not know much about them, but they'll know who they are. Their movies and comics will generally make some money, but that doesn't mean they have a good chance of being universally praised or even well liked.

Dracula is a great example comparison, movies with him don't make lots of money just because people know who the character is. There's a difference between saying everybody knows who it is, and everybody cares, and people who defend Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman seem to often confuse the two.

The big DC characters almost all come from a time when people didn't care about making good characters just beings with powers, origins, and costumes that seemed neato. Stan Lee came along with Marvel comics and was able to learn from their past mistakes and make better characters that can be better adapted for tv and movies and be able to more easily create good stories, comics, movies, and tv shows.

DC characters are only better known in the West due to having a head start. Marvel characters have been fundamentally constructed to be more amenable to being a part of great storytelling.

Luckily, many DC characters will enter the public domain in the coming couple decades so Marvel can adapt the characters and make some good comics and movies.