Alpha Flight

Get hype! Marvel finally caved in and gave the canucks a one-shot:

>This September, the Marvel Universe's most captivating Canadian crew comes back in ALPHA FLIGHT: TRUE NORTH #1!
>And—brace yourselves, committed connoisseurs of the Commonwealth—the entire creative team is composed of cunning and cuddly Canucks! Written by clever creatives Jim Zub, Jed MacKay, and Ed Brisson, the comic has art crafted by co-conspirators Max Dunbar, Djibril Morissette-Phan, and Scott Hepburn with a kinetic cover by compatriot Nick Bradshaw!

>So... Grab your hat and come travel light because adventure lies just around the bend! Featuring three brand-new tales no one has ever told before, ALPHA FLIGHT: TRUE NORTH #1 sees Canada's greatest creators unearth the secret history of squad stalwarts Puck, Snow-bird, Talisman, Northstar, Marrina, Guardian, and Vindicator!

>"To celebrate the Toronto Raptors winning the NBA Championship," notes comical comic editor Chris Robinson (sadly, not Canadian), "we’re bringing back the greatest of the Great White North, Canada’s premiere super-team Alpha Flight! And we’ve assembled a super-team of Canadian talent behind the scenes for extra authenticity. Trust me, these guys are going deep into the Deparment H files to tie-up those loose Alpha Flight story threads that have been keeping you all up at night. You wanted dip with the chips? Here it is!"
Canada had to win at basketball in order to get this book...

Attached: D9ct5pIXkAAcnia.jpg:orig.jpg (675x1024, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JimZub/status/1141432927907135489
twitter.com/JimZub/status/1141467190945886208?s=19
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also, Zub puts it out there that if the sales are good enough, it might get an ongoing:
twitter.com/JimZub/status/1141432927907135489

Zub knows how to write teams, and he wrote the Alpha Flight in Champions already. I'm looking forward to this.
Pity it is a one-shot, but the writer isn't exactly a best-seller author.

Noice

I'm not particularly inclined to like Zub, but is right. Might actually put it on my pull list.

Thats awesome. Ive always liked Alpha Flight.

I'm reading through the original Byrne run right now. It's kind of meh but I'm hyped for the Bill Mantlo/Jim Lee issues afterwards.

I'll buy this oneshot 100% eh

I've been wanting to read Byrne's run, I've had my sights set on this omnibus for a while and I might pull the trigger soon.

Attached: file.png (663x579, 335K)

Northstar and Aurora are the only characters I recognize from actual Marvel comics.
Also, a focus on canuck creators but no Chip Zdarsky?

I always liked Alpha Flight for their native spiritual stories. Something I feel doesn't get explored enough.

So are they still working for carol?

Attached: CM3Cover.jpg (900x1366, 182K)

>one shot
>Brisson

Carol helped assemble Gamma Flight in Ewing's Immortal Hulk, but that's only Puck and Sasquatch, the others weren't around.

Attached: file.png (589x935, 986K)

An alpha flight comic that’s not tied to Carol Danvers, in this day and age, it must be a miracle.

I want to find whoever ok’d the decision to turn alpha flight into Carol’s sidekicks and write them a strongly worded letter.

What kind of strong words?

The kind that will need a thesaurus.

Cool I love dinosaurs

Good, Moon Girl is on call.

So if zub writing this does it mean snowguard will appear isn't she a alpha flight fangirl

Attached: DvRmCfqUwAA8Jd6.jpg (960x1200, 208K)

A cameo is pretty much guaranteed at this point. The question would be if they grant her honorific membership in the team.

>if the sales are good enough, it might get an ongoing
>if the sales are good enough
Alpha Flight's sales have NEVER been anywhere near "good enough." MarLEL shouldn't even bother with AF beyond the one-shot. Leave them at peace in limbo.

twitter.com/JimZub/status/1141467190945886208?s=19

You sound fun.
Oh well, there's that too. I like that he isn't forcing it.

Attached: Alpha Flight Classic v3-071.jpg (795x1222, 441K)

>You sound fun.
And you sound willingly blind.

I can smell your pig scent from there.

So what, you want AF to get another title that's gonna get cancelled at around 12 issues? Fuck that. Let them make cameos or guest appearances in other titles, but don't give them another addition to the failure list.

It's not gonna fail though, Canadians are really motivated this year, and I've seen people already working towards buying this issue when it comes out. It might be a smash hit.

>Canadians are really motivated this year
Well then, publish the thing in Canada only, because absolutely NOBODY in the US gives a fucking rat's ass about Canuck superheroes that aren't Logan.

So much bile. I recommend some syrup.

How about poutine? Always been curious about the stuff.

>Classic costumes
Nice

Didn't Zub do that AF series several years ago? That was pretty good as I recall

Attached: 6ae2f8d105110255a91ae3bfd0c080dc.png (382x580, 651K)

Of course I know Jim Lee is unavailable, but I would have liked him on a story with Jeffries, Persuasion, Manikin, Goblyn and Laura