"MMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHH"

"MMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHH"

Attached: download (29).jpg (210x240, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/puppets are /co//
youtu.be/qUryY7oN7kg
youtube.com/watch?v=zSV42j8lccg
youtube.com/watch?v=b2LL1Vbhbq8
youtube.com/watch?v=VoSn-XNDNjE
saturdaymorningmedia.com/shows/utp/
youtube.com/watch?v=1muOeJ4fBps
youtube.com/watch?v=vQc_VXADFUI
youtube.com/watch?v=LhPhF_4g6Hw
deadline.com/2017/07/cheryl-henson-statement-steve-whitmire-fired-kermit-the-frog-muppets-studio-1202130984/
youtube.com/watch?v=sUUtK9FFIt4
youtube.com/watch?v=VlrhxgKIOrA
youtube.com/watch?v=p_6YBJqIv1Q
darkcrystal.com/encyclopedia.php
youtube.com/watch?v=wV6m9NlsOJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=SIx3_XizoyY
imgur.com/gallery/39Nnm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not really Yea Forums unless we are just talking about the comics.

But fuck rules.

What are the chances we’ll see the crystal first break in the new series?

I think we should start settling thread disputes on Yea Forums with trial by stone.

How old is too old to watch this movie?

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/puppets are /co//

It's kind of like lotr but muppets.

Never. You can certainly be too young though, those freaky motherfuckers will give kids nightmares.
Plus, with the new series coming out soon, it's a great time to revisit it.

>How old is too old to watch this movie?
you're on a board about comics and cartoons. nothing posted on here is meant for people older than 14

Attached: 1536343529711.png (1092x1037, 65K)

You do know where you are, right?

I didn't even know the original cut had the Skeksis speaking their own language.

youtu.be/qUryY7oN7kg

Attached: tumblr_my7kpizjId1qcpijho2_250.gif (245x213, 1.84M)

How long was the distance between Great Cunjuctions? Every 1kyears? 10k?
I need to rewatch the movie.

ALSO anyone else get the board game? I just need 3 friends to play with now.

This is easily the most straight faced and serious of Jim Henson works.
If you're fine with fantasy stories of "here's the name of this thing hope you caught it cause now we'll act like it's commonly known" you'll enjoy it.

I tried watching this movie for the first time recently and honestly couldn't even finish. What's the appeal? Without the puppet gimmick it's just a middling fantasy movie.
And those two elf things are the most off-putting protagonists I've seen. God they're creepy.

I HATE YOUR WHIMPER

Although I love the vulture guys. The movie should've just been about them.

If a Mystic fucked his respective Skeksis, would he feel his own hole get penetrated by his own penis? An ouroburos of penetrations?

Unless its a flashback, we won't. The Jim Henson Company has been careful to ensure that all Dark Crystal spinoff material maintains a consistent continuity.

Im still waiting for my podcasts board since its not Yea Forums and not Yea Forums

No such thing. I made sure my toddlers were old enough to remember it to be properly traumatized. 4 1/2 - 5 minimum so the impactful stuff really sticks.

Attached: Podling-in-Dark-Crystal.jpg (1400x700, 57K)

Yes.

I learned that in the latest Defunctland. I love that the executives rightly panicked and demanded they be dubbed. Having untranslated babble was a hilariously bad idea.

Labyrinth is legit better, for me i love the skesis as characters and the visuals of everything else but yeah the gelflings were boring.

>What's the appeal?
Stranger Things (a.k.a. let's teach zoomers 80's: the show) made it popular again and all that netflix sequel/prequel shit.

Legit no such thing as too old. When this came out in theaters for the anniversary there were only a half dozen people in the theater, but we all were laughing

>Jim just wanted to prove to people that you could make a serious fantasy film with puppets.
>No one believed this until Farscape got popular
It fucking hurts.

I kinda dig it

I still consider it his magnum opus because fuck me do the Skeksis still give me the creeps with how fucking real they act and appear.

Attached: 1500942395728.jpg (500x598, 82K)

>Calling Dark Crystal his magnum opus
>When The Cube exists
Philistine.

Attached: The_Cube.jpg (300x450, 18K)

Dude, I worship Jim's ambition and even I know that NOBODY takes puppets seriously nor will they likely ever. I mean it is great that DC2 tried to stay true to source, but all that does is improve the reception of the nostagliafags and does nothing for normies.

Attached: 9192.jpg (478x500, 104K)

Yeah, but no puppets or muppets of any kind unless you want to count the Cube's doors.

No they are to separate beings, neither one knows what their respective other knows until death
Unless the mystics feel their guilt and the disgusting food the Skesksis were eating, because they didnt really show any of that

Pretty sure puppets are Yea Forums

Never. I loved this as a kid and just had a friend in her 40's sit through it, at first she was all "puppets, wtf" but then was later crying at the end and all. Still totally holds up.

Yeah, but nobody ever said "magnum opus pertaining to puppets", did they?

youtube.com/watch?v=zSV42j8lccg

the new prequel show looks so good

I can't wait to watch them genocide all the hideous gelflings

I hope that sick four armed skeksis gets good screen time

I
AM
EM PER ROOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: Absolutely BRRRT.gif (659x609, 1.63M)

I hope the entire series is exclusively skeksis, it's obviously all we came for

>BY THE LAW
>HE MUST PAY
Thought they were ripping him apart until you see it was just his clothes

>the skeksis will never tear your clothes off while autistically screeching in their native language as a group
why even live

Stop motion and puppetry is borderline Yea Forums.

Both have been confirmed Yea Forums for ages now

Yeah it makes a lot of sense in retrospect because, i mean... let's face it, this movie isn't exactly challenging. it's a very basic, almost bland story
but if the whole thing was going to be in alien language, that would be the point. a nice simple story that's easy enough to follow from context. I'm glad they didn't go that route in the end, but this would have been THE movie to do that with.

>NOBODY takes puppets seriously nor will they likely ever
I knew my mom's second husband was a fucking dud when he acted like she was insane for wanting to watch the dark crystal, saying even his five year old was too old for that

Puppeteers sacrifice of personal space for the sake of art is noble.

Of the two, stop motion is much more comfortably Yea Forums.

i dream of the day when a lot more animation is done with puppet interface. 2d or 3d, i want to be grabbing the movable parts of each model with my fingers and moving it in real time, telling the computer to record it
I could have pulled that off back then. nowadays nobody wants to be around guys like me.. but they were all like me back then, man...

Hardest part to understand I think would be the Jen/[girl that I can't fucking remember the name of] dialog sequences or the scenes with them encountering the banished Chamberlain. Augra overall is pretty exposition heavy too

I don't know...
Looks like all of the puppetry is getting lost in the CGI "touch-up's" they added.

if they started off with 5 minutes of complete nonsense everyone would have shut that shit off immediately

Yeah you would definitely want more shit explained visually
and I can't imagine Jen's surprise at the girl having wings coming across without explicit translation (or her pointing at her crotch and making a little 'fig' sign with her other hand)

youtube.com/watch?v=b2LL1Vbhbq8

I'm curious to see how well Primal pulls this off.

>NOBODY takes puppets seriously nor will they likely ever.
Probably not. Brian blew his chance last year to show normalfags why puppets are so great, and make some dosh in-between, but alas he failed. I'm not even mad, maybe hand puppets are just meant to parody.
youtube.com/watch?v=VoSn-XNDNjE

>Not really Yea Forums
Puppetry IS Yea Forums That's why Sesame street is Yea Forums too.

I don't think they're really doing too many CGI touch ups, a lot of it is simply them being able to do more advanced puppetry and then remove the puppeteer in post

Recommend me some lesser known puppet related stuff. Or maybe even something new currently broadcasting.

MOLDY MILDEW DAGGLE A FRAGGLE TO DETH!

There really isn't any. It's just not a popular technique.

31 Minutos
Fabeltjeskrant

Never too old, but a lot of that is the fact that it's just weird instead of infantile or stupid. Dark Crystal is a whole bunch of cool worldbuilding wrapped around an incredibly fucking boring, practically non-present main cast.

Yea Forums approved puppets

Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Coraline
Corpse Bride
Team America
Anomalisa
Kubo and the Two Strings
Street of Crocodiles
My Life as a Courgette
Flåklypa Grand Prix
The Story of the Fox
Kuky Se Vraci
Cheburashka

>user is a doozer
LOOK AT THIS DUDE
OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1556994501299.jpg (913x1024, 84K)

Is stop motion considered slomo puppetry now?

Reminder that this guy tries his best
saturdaymorningmedia.com/shows/utp/

They're adjacent sometimes, although that list does have a lot of stop motion animation that doesn't have puppetry at all.

I thought people here liked Paranorman well enough

Yea Forums loved Paranorman, but everybody has their own tastes.

No. Puppeteering and Stop Motion are completely different animals.

>Currently broadcasting
There's... uh. There's Arlo. If you like the Youtube format of "retard makes too many videos, runs out of ideas".

Happy Time Murders was a thing but I heard it wasn't very good.

Amazing how one of the oldest arts ever is still niche as fuck. There isn't even anything that plays at like 4AM just to mess with insomniacs.

Transylvania Television which is a puppet skit show from years ago that I believe is still going.

>Puppetry IS Yea Forums
Its less because it is Yea Forums, and more because there's nowhere else to put it. /pup/ doesn't exist and I doubt it ever will.

Puppets are expensive, take lots of skill after Muppets raised the bar (and weren't really easy even before), and have poor rewards for it. It's a medium with lots of limitations and dedication.

>mfw the guy on youtube who uploaded subbed episodes of Bernd das Brot got them all taken down
should've downloaded when I had the chance

Attached: 1557472213175.jpg (680x698, 37K)

Except Thunderbolt Fantasy, which everyone ITT needs to see anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=1muOeJ4fBps

The shot of that guy crumbling was one my first childhood horrors along with monster MJ in the Thriller video.

I've never seen the movie. Are the Skeksis decayed? They look like they're falling apart. Are they zombie-bird monsters?

They should have died of old age eons ago but have extended their lives with a mix of science and magic. So now they are these withered old husks whose bodies are both far more decayed yet simultaneously far more functional than a normal elderly creature's body should be.

Stranger Things? Not the constant comics than have been coming out for 10 years??

I keep trying to convince my sisters to let me show it to my niece and nephews.
I think they'll worry the kids will turn out like me.

Yeah, this isn't driven by Netflix, this is the culmination of the Jim Henson Company's efforts to make Dark Crystal into their Star Wars since they were dumb enough to sell the Muppets to Disney, any Labyrinth follow-up will fail without David Bowie, and nobody gave a fuck about Happytime Murders or any of the other Edgy Adult Puppets stuff.

what the other user said basically. After a time they started abducting a lesser race called the gelflings to drain essence from to invigorate themselves and used the broken larger half of the eponymous Dark Crystal that created the Skeksis and their counterpart race

Eventually the gelflings went (as far as was known) extinct and the Dark Crystal itself could no longer sustain them. The movie itself ends with one of them finally kicking the bucket from sheer decrepitude

So who is going to be playing the Skeksis? The press photos have shown that the same ones will be around as well as at least two new ones who look oddly different yet not too bad looking. Mark Hamill, Andy Samberg, and Keegan Michael-Key were said at one point to be playing Skeksis. Looking up who played the original voices, it looks like
>Steve Whitmore (Scientist) was the Kermit performer who burned bridges with the Henson Company, .
>Jerry Nelson (High Priest and Emperor) was a long time Henson collaborator who passed away in 2012
>Barry Dennan (Chamberlain) passed away two years ago
>Michael Kilgarriff (General/New Emperor) is alive but hasn't done any voice acting in 5 years, so maybe he retired.
>Thick Wilson (Gormund) seems to be alive but hasn't worked since 1993, so more than likely a new voice
>John Baddely (Historian) and Charles Collingwood (Treasurer) also seem to be retired
>Brian Muehl (Ornamentalist) was another muppet performer who was around the same age as Whitmire who has since retired from televison and writes young adult novels.

So everyone is going to have a new voice actor since Billie Whitlaw, who played Aughra, died years ago and is the only other notable character from the original that will be appearing aside from the Mystics.

Oh and of course the only one I left out, Mike Quinn (Slave Master) probably isn't going to be in it, who knows, but he's still around and working and played Nien Nunb and old school Sy Snootles.

Also they got him back for the new Star Wars movies just so that he can walk around in a rubber mask.

Thoughts on the game that just showed up on Nintendo's E3 for no reason?

Looks good for a tactics game.

Be straight with me guys, how shit is the series going to be?

Attached: 1556933174670.png (578x504, 457K)

I have high hopes personally, at the very least its production looks great. My only concern is that they'll overdo the CGI.

I miss the original idea that they were going with, about how the girl from the center of the world needed to travel to the surface in order to request a shard of the dark crystal so she could relight the dying inner sun.
youtube.com/watch?v=vQc_VXADFUI
A shame that it never took off or was stuck in development hell for too long...

I'm a bit afraid that this new series is going to have the same problem that FLCL Progressive and Alternative had, and that is "Hey! Remember The Dark Crystal?"
Just a long, drawn out callback to the original film.

The future is uncertain. I had written it off as obvious garbage before the trailer came out. Now I'm kind of hopeful.
It'll be shitty enough for people here to bitch about it, but it remains to be seen if it will be legitimate trash.

They made that script into a comic book followed up by an ongoing continuing the story afterwards. It was okay.

Attached: PowerDarkCrystal_011_Main_PRESS.jpg (994x1528, 166K)

Also, "One long callback to the original" was the biggest flaw of Power in that they contrive a way to bring the Skeksis and Mystics back as a result of the fire girl taking a crystal shard.

I really hope they can avoid the prequel trap of having to show and explain every little detail from the original. I know that's wishful thinking. If they can at least avoid giving me a "Han...Solo" moment, I'll be satisfied.

With how far back they're setting it, it shouldn't be too big an issue. They also got a lot of the super explain-y type of prequel stuff out of the way with that Creation Myths comic and those novels they've been putting out over the last couple of years have all been place-setting for the Netflix show in establishing what peak Gelfling civilization was like.

Wait so Jim Henson Company doesn't own the Muppets?

Take a wild guess who bought The Muppets.

Mark Hammil as Chamberlain?

Why assume its going to be shit? Just wait for it to come out and then shit on it with the rest of the internet regardless if its good or bad.

Attached: 1547129542592.jpg (800x999, 92K)

Just rewatched this for the first time in decades. Kira is just as fuckable as I remember.

Why didn't they just use subtitles instead of dubbing it?

A Dark Crystal tactical RPG? What?

American kids hate reading things.

youtube.com/watch?v=LhPhF_4g6Hw

That looks really boring. :/

They sold the Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House to Disney back in 2005. And they gave full custody of Sesame Street to the Children's Television Workshop, which rebranded to Sesame Workshop afterwards.

they're so old they are falling apart. the leader of the group dies in the beginning and crumbles to dust instantly

The Skeksis and the Ur-Ru are both morbid in different ways, being a divided species. The Ur-Skeks were like some sort of glowing Nephilim critters and the broken crystal made the Skeksis (intelligent, technological, hierarchical and cruel) split from the Ur-Ru (handycraft, mystical, dreamy, social and kind).
The land starts to suck because the Skeksis are consuming and polluting while the Ur-Ru generally give no fucks.

>i dream of the day when a lot more animation is done with puppet interface.

They did that with Jurassic Park because CGI was new and most of the animators at the time were stop-motion people.

I think making custom puppet for every character is just impractical for effects animation, though I have seen these pose-able puppets from japan that do that.

Attached: 1429020056014.jpg (1268x707, 122K)

zoomer

They all have four arms; it's just that most of them have atrophied second sets under their clothes.

Not him but I mean, you don't?

Anytime two people are operating the same puppet one of them basically has his face smooshed into the other guy's armpit.

Yonderland was pretty great. Ended not too long ago.

I am a sucker for grid map turn based RPG ever since FFT.
If it ain't crazy expensive like over $30-40 I might.

Son?

Attached: 0371964B-9C2E-4719-8092-3C2E4ECE551A.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Who was in the wrong here?

deadline.com/2017/07/cheryl-henson-statement-steve-whitmire-fired-kermit-the-frog-muppets-studio-1202130984/

With the puppet discussion in this thread, I'd like to mention Barnaby Dixon.

youtube.com/watch?v=sUUtK9FFIt4

Currently the guy who gives me the most "Jim Henson" vibe of any living puppeteer, with his enthusiasm and charisma.

Every nine hundred and ninety-nine trine and one trine.

A trine is some sort of year equivalent for a planet with three suns.

It's a prequel, but it starts long after the crystal was broken and just before the Skeksis start to openly display their evil. At first they were just hedonists who were fun to party with, but eventually they started to age and went full asshole... except the Slavemaster, he was bad from the start (presumably the other ones covered up his behavior).

Yeah, I'm kind of glad they didn't make this into a movie, the plot made no sense given the setting (adding a fourth sun when the world is explicitly based on threes on a cosmic level, bringing back the Skeksis and UrRu when the whole point of the ending of the film was that they'd moved on) and was frankly duller than people say the original is.

The resolution of the big mystery of the crystal and the central sun both dimming is literally just that the gelflings have been dumping offerings to the crystal down the air shaft below it and clogging it up.

Then I kinda doubt we'll see the dark crystal break. Not unless we do a timeskip afterward. Otherwise 1000 years worth of plot would be quite lengthy.

Puppet animation isn't Yea Forums?

Attached: whut.gif (480x305, 1.5M)

It could start with a distant prequel scene of its own, showing how it all happened, being told as a legend to one of the main cast or something. It was barely covered in the original film but was fleshed out in the companion book.

Otherwise it could be a vision in the Crystal (or the shard, assuming part of the plot is finding the shard and its copies and getting them to Aughra), or more illustrated Words that Stay.

Yeah I suppose that would work pretty well.
Hell at least one of those is needed, since the prophecy about the gelphlings is needed to be told to the audiences and the skeksis.

Aughra died? The voice in the Tactics game trailer sounded pretty good.

They've got some good soundalikes.

Speaking of which, Frank Oz as Aughra is hilarious:

youtube.com/watch?v=VlrhxgKIOrA

When you're young you're entertained by the weird characters, when you're old you're entertained by the practical effects and symbolism.

Attached: jim-hensons-creature-shop-challenge.jpg (800x500, 111K)

Makes me think of that clip of Fozzie Bear trying out for the role of Yoda.

Is the movie on netflix too? I don't recall ever watching it as a kid and the series has piqued my interest.

Yeah, they've put it on there.

If not I'm sure there are some fresh torrents.
It had a recent Anniversary theatrical screening that promoted a new 4K restoration.
I bet it's made plenty of fresh torrents to seed. If nothing else I bet older DVDs/Blurays went to cheap pre-owned prices after 4K release.

pretty much though I still love the characters
the collapsing tower gets more impressive each time I rewatch it

Not something I ever expected to see. I think I'll wait for reviews though, never heard of those studios.

Its totes Yea Forums! Totes!

Attached: strings-brazilian-movie-poster.jpg (500x732, 87K)

>made up words
>Obtuse rituals
>Councilor still sounds like a steam leak.

Because the scene needed more parodies of the vatican.

We just don't have as big of a niche as with the east. Unless you count thunderbirds or captain scarlet, that is.

Attached: 4eb3df49ed6103c68fdb9e97222e4e96.jpg (616x900, 131K)

Mothfuckers! I was wondering why I couldnt find anymore episodes.

>yes, yes, and yes.

The skeks are extremely old and are supported by a ritual they do everyday as well as potions derived from draining other creatures.

A side point is that what rejuvinates them best is juice from a species of elves they've hunted to extinction. They are decaying because they have had to pick on a species called the podlings.

Further, according to the director the state of the skeksis is to parallel the mystics, a race tied to the skeks except they are choosing to age naturally.

Attached: [email protected] (420x420, 207K)

I hope its better than what was shown.

>>made up words
>>Obtuse rituals
Funnily enough, that was an in-universe thing too. The Ritual Master (the one with the feather on his head) would canonically just make up pointless pseudoreligious shit for them to do so he could get them to dance to his tune.

Their religious nature is interesting. Before they figured out how to extend their lives via the Crystal they tried to worship the Haakskeekah stone SkekTek the Scientist made (which is why they take their anger out on it by hitting it in contests - for "deceiving" them).

It will probably be an aberage plot with great sets. There will probably be some ultra progress stuff that will trigger people and everyone will waifu the albino cave gelf.

Or it will be average to decent and not garner any attention to anyone outside of people who were fans of the old series or into puppets. That is likely more likely.

Attached: Dark-Crystal-Age-of-Resistance.png (618x412, 310K)

The show was critically slammed so I woild say that they guys was pointing out a strong point.

Also, Trial by Stone is sort of a throwback to the shattering of the crystal in the first place.

Yes, it's nicely symbolic.

The worst thing about Power of the Dark Crystal was that the gelflings acted like idiots, but this is entirely to be expected if they're all retarded inbred descendants of Jen and Kira. If this was the best story they could come up with, no wonder Genndy Tartakovsky walked out on the project.

"Mmmmmmmmm..."

Attached: file.png (225x225, 67K)

Yeah I never understood why the Skeksis didn't just kidnap the Mystics and force them to consume life force as well. Unless the point was that the Mystics are also basically made "immortal" because the Skeks are increasing their own life span.

That or despite being the same beings, Mystics for whatever reason have longer lifespans.

Ok, I need to watch this movie.

Does Dinosaurs count? Even though its a sitcom that uses live action? Seems like a thin line.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

Suits and puppets are Yea Forums... as long as it's a western property, and mainly consists of puppetry.

This show makes me uncomfortable.

"I'm the Baby, gotta love me!"

Yeah. She was the maid from the classic Omen movie, Mrs. Baylock. She's used to playing inhuman creatures.

youtube.com/watch?v=p_6YBJqIv1Q

the shitty rapping part is really were I draw the line. The rest is okay.

Yeah, imagining the expository parts in Jim's original gibberish version is pretty nuts.

>this would have been THE movie to do that with.
Jim's closest associates sure felt differently when they sat through the early version.

I loved reading in Henson's biography about how the movie just seemed to drag on forever, and Jim was so in love with it but had to cave when absolutely everyone else told him this was a bad idea.

I remember reading that the Chamberlain was gonna be speaking English to the Gelflings in that scene. Was planned to be a deliberate twist.

>Stranger Things? Not the constant comics than have been coming out for 10 years??
There's comics ?
I'll need to look for these, I loved this film when I was little (recently got a blue ray since the vhs was so worn out).

Creation Myths is good, Power of the Dark Crystal is crap, the Tokyopop manga is middling.

There's also a Labyrinth prequel comic that makes a Jareth origin story (good) and a sequel manga from Tokyopop (crap).

They've put together a full official online encyclopedia for all the additional material when they held a contest to find a writer for a novel series that serves as a lead-in to the Netflix show, which is four books consisting of Shadows, Song, Tide, and Flames of the Dark Crystal.

darkcrystal.com/encyclopedia.php

Comic stuff includes:

>Creation Myths, graphic novel trilogy focused on Aughra, her trickster son Raunip, the UrSkeks, and the Cracking of the Crystal
>Legends of the Dark Crystal, TokyoPop manga focused around a Gelfling shepherd discovering how to kill Garthim and a canyon village taking up arms against them during raids in the area.
>Power of the Dark Crystal, the repurposed Genndy sequel script
>Beneath the Dark Crystal, immediate follow-up to Power, currently ongoing

>Creation Myths is good, Power of the Dark Crystal is crap, the Tokyopop manga is middling.
I'll have a look for those then
Is labyrinth any good ?
I've never seen it before but I keep seeing people talk about it.

Neat
thanks

Labyrinth is damn good, so long as you like Brian Froud's design work, David Bowie music, and like or at least can tolerate David Bowie's crotchbulge.

A lot of people are conviently forget that female gelphlings have wings and could communicate with animals so a new female hero doing that will be seen as Mary Sue.

What if I watch it for pure JCon?

Animal communication wasn't a girl-exclusive power. Kira learned that from the Podlings.

She was 15 at the time, but whatever floats your boat.

Attached: 8172D779-D4A6-4982-9114-961FCF0C600B.jpg (857x671, 253K)

Oh god, I've become one of those people who say technically it's okay if she's a teenager.

Attached: 1530025821988.png (1050x722, 631K)

kek

¿Y COMO ESTA EL NENE?

All my life, I've wanted to see the kira puppet nude

The mystics are tied to the skeksis. If one dies then the corresponding one dies. Also it appears the mystics can control the gartham. The skeksis can't kill them without killing themselves.

When I saw her do that I thought she was crazy.

Now Im convinced Jim Hendson must have seen lots of women who run around the woods making those noises.

tbg the new gelflings look too much plasticky

I I remember right, the Ritual Master was planning to declare himself Emperor only for the Chamberlain to beat him to the scepter and the Garthim Master to challenge him first.

After that, he decided just to wait and manipulate whoever won.

Is there a market for puppet porn? I feel like there's money being wasted for not pursuing this venue.

Power of the Dark Crystal shat all over the original movie's lore as well. Why would breaking the crystal suddenly cause the urRu and the Skeksis to return when the next Great Conjunction won't happen for 900 years? Jen looked into the shard and saw a vision of a Skeksis breaking the crystal, which meant the urRu and the Skeksis were separated before the crystal was broken, not because of it.

Attached: RCO004_1495642756.jpg (1041x1600, 215K)

They explained the Skeksis cracking the crystal in Creation Myths

The UrSkeks split when they tried using the Crystal and Conjunction to purge their dark impulses and go home, but one couldn't handle the bantz from Raunip and it fucked up the ritual, barred them from home, and split them. In the chaos a newborn Skeksis broke the Crystal

Yeah, and that meant that it's necessary for a Conjunction to happen in order to split the urSkeks; breaking the crystal has nothing to do with it.

What would have been the best way to write a sequel to Dark Crystal? Will people only be interested in it to see the Skeksis? All of the Skeksis or just some? Or just the Chamberlain? I think it would be important to bring back the urSkeks and establish them as characters before splitting them into the urRu and Skeksis, and then we'd understand the pathos of having an evil version of yourself running around, like Captain Kirk in "The Enemy Within".

Attached: James_Kirk's_evil_counterpart.jpg (1200x963, 703K)

Why didn't anyone answer my question?

I think you can take that as a no: there is no market for puppet porn. Besides, did you mean porn performed by puppets, or porn in other media of characters who were originally puppets?

It wasn't a matter of killing them. My question is more or less why the Skeksis are so fucked up and decaying, basically being life vampires to extend their life span if the mystics don't exactly seem the need to do that.

Either both races have live so long due to the efforts of the Skeksis or despite being linked, each entity has differing life spans.

I was thinking all original characters, but the latter sounds funny as hell too. Never underestimate the power of sex, because it does sell.

We're still thinking! Its a hard question! The last thing was like in the 60s.

The mystics aged more gracefully because of their less wicked ways probably, but the skeksis extending their lives certainly kept them alive as well

Puppets are Yea Forums.
youtube.com/watch?v=wV6m9NlsOJ4

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

An user of culture, I see.

Puppets are co, but are cgi puppets co?
youtube.com/watch?v=SIx3_XizoyY

I thought it was just fine living. The emporer and his mystic equivalent both got too old to live and died at the same time and one mystic had a cut on his hand appear when a skeksis was wounded. As you suggest its hard to determine if skeksis vampirism or mystic hippie living was keeping their equivalents alive.

>but are cgi puppets co?
Ironically, they're a double negative, therefore not Yea Forums in the slightest and anyone caught posting them is permabanned and publicly shamed

The book "The World of the Dark Crystal" explains that the wisest of the Mystics, urSu, decided to let go and die, taking SkekSo the Emperor with him, so that the Skeksis would be stripped of their leader and be less effective and more disorganized (and also that the Skeksis would be reduced from ten, which is an auspicious "triangular" number of potency and power, to nine, which is an "incomplete" triangle and therefore chaotic and disordered).

>My question is more or less why the Skeksis are so fucked up and decaying, basically being life vampires to extend their life span if the mystics don't exactly seem the need to do that.

The Skeksis don't have souls; the Mystics are the physical incarnation of that part of the urSkeks. Plus the Skeksis pretty much destroyed their bodies through indulging themselves; they probably would have held up better without the centuries long benders.

The lore is a little iffy on that point. IIRC the novel says they don't have souls and the urRu are the soul, the World of the Dark Crystal (which forms the basis for most of the official extended universe lore) says they're more the Yin and Yang of each other with one shared soul. The skeksis have all the vitality and will-to-action, while the urRu have all the wisdom and kindness.

Are big-headed, kinda goofy-looking puppets Yea Forums?

Attached: 7591-800x600.jpg (800x600, 102K)

I thought you were quoting something.

I don't know the game might be fine if it expands upon the lore from that age and isn't just your typical x-com clone.

Attached: 1449109870566.png (371x256, 131K)

Hard sci-fi is basically the only kind of story telling that can get away with not subtitling an alien language and that should be used sparingly because even though it could be used to great effect to make the audience feel like they are dealing with something other worldly it also can very easily alienate the audience. And if they went the other route and gave basic subtitles of what they were saying its likely they would have lost the children in the process. Henson is a mad man that should have been writing hard science fiction for adults or eventually the adults his audience that grew up watching the muppets at least.

Attached: 1425368665372.jpg (285x317, 13K)

So I have this book and it's a pretty good read. Unfortunately it's in a really shittu condition after a couple decades of moving around.

imgur.com/gallery/39Nnm

Yes Angelina Jolie in puppet form is Yea Forums. Which makes it two AJs for Yea Forums if you include the Beowulf movie.

Aughra was always the oldest creature, huh?
I wondered if the late 00s comics were just OC lore.

>Henson is a mad man that should have been writing hard science fiction for adults or eventually the adults his audience that grew up watching the muppets at least.

I disagree. Everyone else was doing hard scifi at the time, or at least as the 60s and 70s would consider hard scifi. He brought wacked out fantasy with detailed sets and pioneering practical effects and puppetry and I think that was something that wouldn't happen if he didnt do it.

It was a problem with the first one as well. iirc, they had issues with the gelfs looking like china dolls.

Attached: 8dbfbf931c9b5553ac0e97cc1ae75d1b.jpg (424x600, 31K)

¡TÚ NO MAMI!

Bumping this thread. With no survivors.

Bump since I am planning on watching the movie.

I'm really hoping this mini-series blows up. This could very well bring puppetry back to the mainstream, or at least least spark someone's interest.

Blark and son
Dabchick is good
Both can be found on YouTube.

Farscape was too good for this idiot world.

Attached: CSNOxUsXAAYZG9A.jpg (533x400, 40K)

I tried watching this movie but it sucked ass.

Attached: 1537909910928.gif (268x278, 844K)