Season 1: A fun slice of life action show with little sprinkles of lore occasionally

>Season 1: A fun slice of life action show with little sprinkles of lore occasionally.
>Season 2: A little bit more than season 1 had but still relatively a fun slice of life show.
>Season 3 and up : goes so far up its own ass with it stays until it’s enviable cancellation, completely forgetting what made show likable in the first place.

Every.Fucking.Time.

Attached: C0A23D53-2422-477D-AB77-1CC5E03B6056.gif (500x275, 497K)

Pony Show

Drawn Together?

What's the appeal of slice of life?

Based Tangled The Series breaking the mold. It truly is the best show on the Disney Channel.

Attached: 1560214371011.jpg (2560x1440, 1.25M)

Friendship simulator

Rick and Morty to a T

Rick and Morty is the ultimate example of a show being poisoned by its own popularity

Star Vs?

Star vs?

>WE

Adventure time

Kinda hurts.

It all depends on whether you want to just see the characters and the world put in interesting scenarios, like playing with toys in a toybox, or if you want to see a big, epic narrative unfold putting the characters and the world through a large-scale adventure. And in order to have the latter, we need the former to make the audience care enough about the characters and the world.

Personally, aside from Teen Titans, my favorite shows as a kid were Ed, Edd 'n Eddy & The Fairly OddParents. Those were slice-of-life shows but I always wanted to see the characters in a larger-scale adventure narrative. As a kid, I'd always think up ideas for the characters as super-powered heroes fighting to save the world and stuff.

I liked thinking about the Eds as being superpowered and within the context of the entire Cartoon Network Universe. Stuff like FusionFall, and Nicktoons Unite, were awesome to me because it had all my favorite characters and a big epic action-y story and stuff.

I like when these characters and the world has a clear beginning and end, with a middle part that moves the plot forward. I've grown bored of slice of life stories that have cool characters and lore but no progression. It's just stagnant, and cyclic. Like, Batman will always be Batman and Gotham will always be a mess. His life mission seems doomed. He can never succeed because Batman's story can never end. DC and Marvel needs to milk the DC and Marvel Universes and it's characters for all eternity, so the story is forever trapped stagnant in the middle part with an established beginning but no end in sight, and that kind of takes me out of it in spite of my love for these characters.

A basic, core concept of story-telling is having a beginning, middle and end. So, this sandbox format some cartoons tend to have doesn't really work, in my opinion. Your putting these characters through a bunch of smaller stories, so I feel that there should be a larger all-encompassing story throughout it all.

It was weird seeing rick going from random drunk science guy in the first season that lost things, got fucked, and made a shitload of mistakes even down to ruining his own world by his carelessness

Turning into an infallible god-like figure that is capable of doing anything he wants no matter the scale and is always right and always superior.

Hello

Attached: 1200px-The_Venture_Bros_logo.svg.png (1200x675, 116K)

I was so dead certain you were talking about Star Vs, but then after seeing Rick and Morty, Venture Brothers, Adventure Time, even gumball wasted tons of episodes venturing into the super deep lore behind characters and the world over and over again.

boondocks

is he though?

the time he fucked up earth had a lot to do with him not giving a shit and not paying attention.

wheras his most impressive feats had him incredibly focused on his work.

even in season 3 he still gets random people killed because of his drunken binges, and loses to jerry of all people.

Meanwhile ATHF had 11 series and a film and barely dropped in quality the entire time because it knew what the fuck it was doing.

VB Season 3 was pretty comfy though.

comfy easy to watch kino that doesn't require much attention paid to it to enjoy.

It was kind of losing it around the end there. When a lot of episodes were just
>Let's see what shit we can do to hurt Carl today"
without much of a punchline

Moral Orel but it keeps getting better

I didn't know the little mermaid cartoon was so controversial.