Unstoppable Wasp 09

In which our heroine gets her teeth kicked in by a spooky mannequin and Whitley continues to prove he could've written a good book if he ditched the G.I.R.L. concept at it's inception.

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-000.jpg (1987x3056, 1.49M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-001.jpg (1987x3056, 1.25M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-002.jpg (1987x3056, 1.38M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-003.jpg (1987x3056, 1.21M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-004.jpg (1987x3056, 1.38M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-005.jpg (1987x3056, 1.27M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-006.jpg (1987x3056, 1.14M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-007.jpg (1987x3056, 1.28M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-008.jpg (1987x3056, 1.34M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-009.jpg (1987x3056, 1.18M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-010.jpg (1987x3056, 1.25M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-011.jpg (1987x3056, 1.22M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-012.jpg (1987x3056, 1.42M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-013.jpg (1987x3056, 1.45M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-014.jpg (1987x3056, 1.17M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-015.jpg (1987x3056, 1.27M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-016.jpg (1987x3056, 1.16M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-017.jpg (1987x3056, 1.2M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-018.jpg (1987x3056, 1.34M)

Thanks OP. Will buy the TPB.

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-019.jpg (1987x3056, 1.23M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-021.jpg (1987x3056, 1.23M)

Everything's coming up mannequin.

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-022.jpg (1987x3056, 1.24M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-023.jpg (1987x3056, 1.53M)

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-024.jpg (1987x3056, 1.47M)

And that's all folks next issue is the last one buy the TPB if you want like honestly I just hope the next series she gets is under a different writer.

Attached: The Unstoppable Wasp 009-025.jpg (1987x3056, 992K)

>word about Pymtron is getting out
Good, good....

You’re right, the Burger King girls club ruins this book, he really should’ve just focused on Jan and Nadia doing hero shit and bonding.

Attached: 1560952259959__01.jpg (779x714, 185K)

I can see why he would do it, support characters are a dying thing in comics and trying to make them prominent is a good idea. But yeah he did the worse version of that and he probably should not have introduced them right out of the gate. If someone can tell me all there names without looking it up I would be impressed. They are all basically the same character.

They really should've all just been background wallpaper except for Priya. I don't think anyone cares about the love story of the lesbians or the whole deal of the cripple chick beyond Nadia wanting to fix her as part of the mental breakdown.

Dude this is like the worst time for lesbian romance, for one thing it seems like every big romance is lesbian for support characters, Silk, and West Coast also had it going on too, not to mention Champions trying to do it with Viv.

Attached: IMG_20190617_045512.jpg (515x515, 64K)

>Silk
Being the fan of a pop star doesn't make you gay.

>Dude this is like the worst time for lesbian romance
There's never a bad time for a lesbian romance if you know what you're doing...

Silk had a lesbian couple as her support characters when she had a solo book.

Whirlwind has always been such a creep.

that comic became so weird in the end. The Negative Zone and space dragons are just....why?

>support characters are a dying thing in comics
Where are you getting this idea from? Half of Marvel books are ensemble books where the heroes just hang out and quip with their support cast.

I honestly can't name a single one, the only ones that stand out are the cripple, the one who looks a little like the singer with he pompadour who was pretty much everywhere when the first Nadia book was coming out, and the boring assassin girl.

I think they were supposed to slowly build up to it but cancellation made the whole thing get sped up and the story finished, also I thought it was Weirdworld not Negative Zone.

Because the writer had no idea what to do, they were supposed to explain why her family vanished without killing them all but that was a piss poor way to do it. What the fuck happened to her ghost boyfriend?

Yeah but none of them have major stories about them. When I say support characters are a dying thing in comics I'm talking about relevance or attempts to make them superheroes too. New ones are often tossed aside when new writers come in anyway. While this was true even back when, now it a new character shows up they are either quippy or will become superheroes. You can't have normal people or people outside the superhero world any more.

The Nadia and Janet stuff is nice, and it's a bit of a shame that they didn't have as much time to give them as they might have.

But I also did enjoy the G.I.R.L dynamic at the lab. I feel like they should have pushed it harder in one of the two directions:

1) Push them into the background, and have their utility be based around developing technology for Nadia to take into missions. They'd be Nadia's Team Q. You'd get a fun little segment now and then with Nadia excitedly playing/misusing with some new gadget they'd developed, plus you could occasionally do a "the girls do some bonding" issue or two in to keep them relevant as characters. The focus is on Nadia, but they're still around and active.

2) Go all out and induct them directly into a Wasp-based "superhero" team as is, and include them in more action. It might be interesting to have a team of normies who are fumbling around in battle with piecemeal tech as their weapons (not like characters like Riri whose tech is polished and sophisticated). And because the comic is more light hearted than others, I think you could get away with doing something a little more fun like this.

As it stands, they're not supposed to be involved in any superhero stuff, but they're also supposed to be more important than background characters. And on the whole, most of them have just spent the last [insert number here] issues worrying about their science fair project.

yeah, main issue with them is they were introduced all at once in the begin of the previous book and didn't manage to develop organically.
in short, they feel forced.

they should have been introduced more gradually and given time to bond\develop before this volume

It doesn't help that the only one with a character arc tied to Nadia is Priya.

Yeah the gang is definitely too large at times.

Case in point the manic episode fallout from Issues 6, everyone except Priya fucked off to do their own thing after the manic episode and we got a whole issue of Nadia begging everyone to come back and be friends again and side character relationship drama.

Cut down the cast and that issue would've just been Nadia making amends while seeing her therapist and Priya revealing her new powers and maybe deciding to adopt a super identity or proclaiming she'd stay as a science supporter, instead half of issue 6 was lesbians on a date when all we needed was maybe a couple panels showing them leave for it and an ending of them telling everyone they came out of the closet to the black girls family and a big group hug happy ending thing or whatever teen girls do.

only one issue left to fix Finesse

What if instead Finesse and the Agents of AIM just become a recurring villain squad working for Monica.

I'm fine with her trying to kill Pym because she doesn't want him to kill more people as Ultron.

Or her having forgotten Hank and Monica lying to her

huh. I thought this got canceled at #8.

the bipolarity issues spiked the sale enough to get it to conclusion

>Beating the crap out of gays, cripples, and minorities saved the series
More comics should follow this example.

We need the further adventures of Nadia Pym, wife beater.

>Otherkin gone too far
nice

And Marvel doesn't.

>actually character development and issues beyond the typical girl power mantra saved the series
Fixed that you /pol/head.
Fixed

even you just mentioned how girl power mantras is fucking over the series.

Still /pol/tard will /pol/tard and Yea Forumsublr with Yea Forumsublr. /

Still this comic showed me Jeremy has talent but he needs to stop trying to do girl power and focus on other things. Either that or Ghiruru just makes comics better and I already knew that.

Based henchmen.

I imagine this could've been done a lot better if it also wasn't just girl power for the sake of girl power. Imagine if we opened up the previous book with Nadia on some kind of super science adventure and afterwards Janet comes in and introduces her to a young geniuses club that she was starting up in Hank's memory with a couple of the girls as existing members and a couple of background characters that get named then we just occasionally see doing visual gags or just filling space in the background of casual scenes to make the club feel more real and Nadia connecting with the ones that become her supporting cast over science stuff before again going off on another science adventure maybe with dragging one of them along to help build relationships.

oh no it's cute

Frankly, just having Nadia recruiting young SCIENCEtists because she believes in SCIENCE and them being mostly girls by chance and not specific design would have lessened much of the problem,.

Hell, have the girls being on a list of "Kids with Interesting Ideas" Hank made that she found

IMHO the whole first volume should have been about Nadia's Bureaucratic Adventures in getting Recognized As Hank's Daughter as running plot, building GRILS as B-plot to make the girls supporting cast and the Fight of the Month mostly related to Red Room trying to get her back

bump

I'm gonna miss cute Wasp comic!

sure, cute

bump

Giantess issue? Neat!

>Bushmaster
>Lesbian

COME ON Yea Forums, IT'S RIGHT GODDAMN THERE!

But she’s not the lesbian, the black one and red room girl who’s not Nadia are the lesbians.

bump

Attached: 54511558_1283927261758829_5287729995764829067_n.jpg (640x640, 51K)

I thought she was supposed to be a genius? Surely anyone with her powers would first shrink themselves down so the donut would be much larger? Bonus points if the donut's material stays unchanged when she regrows - all the fun of getting to binge on junk food, while the final calories stay manageable.

Isn't AIM a good organization now? Did they go evil again?
Man, I haven't been catching up in a while

nah, Marvel needs more non-superhero books. Runaways is my favorite Marvel book because it has nothing to do with superheroes. This book is the most interesting when it's dealing with mental health, family and friends

After Roberto went back to the x-ghetto and left them leaderless, they just fell back into crime.

Easy to see why it was canceled
stories for little kids
and women are not THICC enough

Listen. Take your fucking name off. And if you hate capeshit so much, don't buy capeshit. Simple as that.

oops, didn't even realize it was still on. It's not that I hate reading capeshit, I just like when there is more. DC has a lot of variety, why is Marvel so against that?

Rude!

The disabled bitch is Taina. I remember it because I thought it was funny how Nadia thought she was "broken."

The black bitch is LaShayla. I remember because she won't fucking stop taking up page-time. Fucking bullshit, she's the worst one of them all.

Goth Gwenpool is Ying, she's the only halfway-decent friend.

The Indian Hime is Priya, shes the one who stopped Nadia from killing herself, and she can control plants now apparently.

I think there's also a Mexican girl in the group, but I don't remember her name.

So what is next for nu-Wasp now that her solo run is canned? She's a proper Champion now, will that be her main haunt for a while? Is she still an Avenger, I haven't kept up with that series?

I'd like to see a nu-Wasp and Viv team-up comic.

>I'd like to see a nu-Wasp and Viv team-up comic.

Attached: bueno.jpg (540x632, 52K)

>If someone can tell me all there names without looking it up I would be impressed.
The only name I can remember is 'my girlfriend'

I like the artstyle. It's pretty. The artist shouldn't be caught up in D-list Marvel superheroes.

Nu-Wasp, Viv, Riri and Ms Marvel all share an apartment together. The ultimate team-up comic.

Is this gonna be cancelled soon?

I mean if a robot male can impregnate someone why can't a robot girl?

She doesn't even need a penor, she can just phase herself in.

Thanks for the storytime.

Already cancelled. The next issue is the last.

Bummer this got cancelled. I was kind of enjoying it.

Is Riri called Iron Maiden?

Attached: 1364234329898.jpg (500x367, 20K)

No, she's Iron Heart.

i hope nadia continues to get beaten up

Not a fan of the costume, but this villain is fantastic. Easily one of the best new additions in years.