I think one of the worst parts about captain marvel is that she could've been a really great character if not bogged...

I think one of the worst parts about captain marvel is that she could've been a really great character if not bogged down by the political BS.

Attached: abc.jpg (1200x680, 164K)

Unreservedly agreed.

Even then, CM is just really bland. There's just nothing interesting about her.

She is a great character. Only incels think otherwise.

She was only ever fun as a drunk fuckup

Out of curiosity, what SPECIFICALLY are we talking about here?

Like what’s an absolute, DEFINITIVE list of things she is politically tied to? And I mean the movie- no one cares about comics when talking about the MCU, come on now. To be real here.

Same with Mar-Vel. The captain marvel line has always been trash

Well personally I find it pretty insulting to Widow, Scarlet Witch, and Wasp to prop Carol up over them for the sake of “girl power”. What, they don’t count now?

Carol is way better than all of those combined though.

Attached: qt.gif (268x268, 2.61M)

Nah because the 'political bs' bits is almost entirely made up by angry incels

I think if they would make her more anti hero then her bad acting would work better.

lies.
she just shows up and ignores and acts like she is the leader. Wanda is better than her.

>brie
>bad acting
Just say you're a butthurt incel user, it's obvious

Attached: 1470432977438.gif (245x245, 1.43M)

This. That shit was barely in the movie anyway and quite frankly, a lot has been misconstrued to make her look worse than she is, like the whole "Oh look her motivation to be a hero was that people were mean to her when she was little!" when the flashback sequences were created by the Supreme Intelligence to say she was weak and helpless without her, even though, when she remembered right, she always went back up and stood out for herself every time, so she didn't need something or someone as a crutch to be strong. Too bad people can't read into context.

Dude you gotta fucking start ignoring these shitty posts, that's someone trying to get you to reply and you went and did it. Fuck right off.

>caring about disneyshit

>a lot has been misconstrued

Oh yeah? Then what WAS her motivation to be a hero?

See what I mean? I explained part of it right there, and you STILL couldn't read the whole post. Unbelievable.

the mcrib was back

>Dude you gotta fucking start ignoring these shitty posts, that's someone trying to get you to reply and you went and did it. Fuck right off.
i do it for the nookie
Nah toe fungus isnt that good

its pretty bad

The political BS is the only reason she exists in the first place.

Disagree. But you do you.

>what WAS her motivation to be a hero?

Is she a hero? I only see her turning against the people who abused her and kill many of them.
Okay, she helps the Skrulls, but she owes them SOMETHING. She killed a bunch of them, too.

And what does it cost her to help them? She is never in danger, she is fucking unstoppable.

Is it even possible to be a hero when you can't be hurt?

...If we call the equality of the sexes a political issue then yes. Personally I think that's probably not fair.

>She killed a bunch of them, too.
i think she just killed one.

>STILL seething
$1,128,019,561

Attached: slorp.jpg (414x490, 22K)

So it’s not really a character arc if she’s just going back to who she was prior to amnesia and didn’t really change after the entire experience save for new powers

yes like the shit she went through as a kid didnt happen to boys.
The only thing they were legitimate about was serving the airforce

You didn't explain shit. Her getting back up after boys were mean to her isn't motivation to be a hero. Not needing an emotional crutch is not motivation to be a hero. I want you to explain, in detail, what her motivation to be a hero is.

Who did she kill? Minn-Erva died while flying at Rambeau.

The fuck?

>Her getting back up after boys were mean to her isn't motivation to be a hero.
Well good thing I just said that wasn't it. Fuck you though.

didnt she kill the one on the train she fought?

The movie was alright but I think it would've been nice if Biel was casted

>Her getting back up after boys were mean to her isn't motivation to be a hero.
Except it is
Trash taste

>wanting a kid killer as a hero
yikes

Attached: briefu.png (625x519, 320K)

No they escaped

I’m sorry did you have something to add or do you not have an argument? Because how does Carol’s character change after the entire Skrull experience? Because she was always a bull-headed driven woman, which neither powers nor the time on the Kree home world changed that. Moreover, she doesn’t even control her emotions either considering she still gets pissed off and does whatever she wants. It all amounts to a pretty boring character

She doesn't have one because women are naturally good.

Wut

>political BS
oh god

Biel is pro-measles

ok so she is anit injections. Ok so she is retarded.

Right, so you don't actually have any idea what her motivation to be a hero was. That's what I thought.

Her suits sucks too
Exaggeratedly covered
She should be proud to show the muscles

Tell why she's a good character

Attached: 1491962080947.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

Shut the fuck up kekistani

>GUYS THERE ARE WOMEN IN MY COMIC BOOK MOVIE I CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE SHOVING POLITICS DOWN MY THROAT

>her bad acting

When you think of great acting you think of Brando, De Niro, Christian Bale Tom Hanks
Then when Brie Larson comes in you imagine
Wow she will stay in great shaoe and will make Gal Gadot travel to the moon with so much shame
But in reality she was mocked all over the world because of thinness and lack of ass
A shame for all actresses who fight for equal pay work

Attached: OBQFIsn.jpg (1080x810, 68K)

Just me or Captain Marvel need some adjustments?
Her suit did not work out.
Comics do not sell.
She does not have charisma and sex appeal.

Or rather, if anyone else BUT Brie Larson was picked, it wouldn't have been as hated. IT'd still be dull though because well...for some reason, Marvel can't seem to make even the MALE Captain Marvel that much better either. It's ironic really. Almost every hero in Marvel Comic's name is well known and liked EXCEPT for the one named after the company itself.

Yeah no tho. People are allowed to have opinions about the acting talents of Brie Larson that are contrary to gushing praise. I too think she's untalented.

I think the wordt part is she stole a much better characters name

You're dumb and wrong.

Attached: DqUEKh-XcAAKrVn.jpg (736x920, 107K)

How much better would this board be if using the word "incel" resulted in autoban?
Just curious.

>You're dumb and wrong.
But you haven't said why. I suspect it's not really Brie Larson that you admire but instead it stems from the fiction of Carol Danvers as a cult of personality and all that entails. Can you express what it is that you think makes Brie Larson a good actress above others?

Well you have to go chip her political bullshit out of her first book because it's always been there.

Was never gonna happen, Carol was a messy character and that's why she was funnier and more human as Ms Marvel, they tried to make her so perfect after taking the Captain role, she lost half of the personality features that made her interesting

Carol was never meant to be in the spotlight, she wasn't Steve Rogers, may as well write a new character if you need a female Marr Vell, but turning her into one was the wrong strategy

Would it actually get rid of the incels though? The source of this board's problem?

The shit Bale does to his body is fucking ridiculous.

the political bs saved her from obscurity. before that she was that chick who gave birth to her own rapist because claremont has a carrot for a brain.

they'd use different words. like how bean milk became onion milk.

She was barely in endgame and was honestly just a detriment

She blew up at least one of their ships and a whole bunch of fighters.

Yes, I am seething about that. If I see a movie I perceive to be bad make a shitton of money for reasons that are vague at best, I get angry.

>like the shit she went through as a kid didnt happen to boys.

Oh god that was such crap.

You know what they should have done? Make her gay and reveal it halfway through. Changes everything up nicely.

...I hate you for making me play devil's advocate.
It wouldn't make sense for a uniform.
Carol's original outfit was complete bullshit.

Monica?

About 30% better.

Playing devil's advocate again: One of two cool moments with Carol was when they went "Something entering the upper atmosphere". That was pretty cool.

The sexes are inherently unequal though

there'll just be a new word.

i wouldn't say she needed saving. she was already a well known fapbait.

Should they have equal legal rights?

They should actually lean into the political BS. Based on how autistic politics gets with celebrities imagine the drama it would be about superheroes. Just always have a stream of criticism in the media about her not being feminist enough/being too feminist/supporting someone who doesn't support israel/being US military/not saying anything about immigration/saying the wrong thing about trannies, ect, ect to show the stress of being a powerful public figure and how she can barely handle it but keeps doing it anyway. And of course dealing with how her actual politics in the comics is closer to fascism than anything lmao. It'd be realistic and free marketing from the drama.

No. I firmly believe in traditional patriarchal institutions.

>All this drama and butthurt without end

Can we bring back Red-Eyed /ss/ Captain Marvel now and take this thread in a more fun direction?

Attached: Captain Marvel Red Eyes2.png (896x791, 827K)

Then you are a fool.

Can someone (not me) change the siren to "ARA ARA ARA ARA"?

>All of civilization, not just the west not just the east but every successful civilization in history is wrong
Ok soiboi

Attached: Captain Marvel Red Eyes.png (1950x1500, 3.84M)

eh, I am ok with the suit, not Brie tho. fuck that spoiled bitch

Either that or BillyCarol
or both

Attached: 1524883183470.gif (514x529, 3.28M)

Yeah but that cool moment only serves to show how broken she is and how it overshadows EVERY Avenger. Christ Thanos needed the power stone to KO her. A better script would have had Wanda destroy the ship

to make charisma you have to make her relatable to a wider audience. To do that you would have to pull back the feminist rhetoric, thats just making her relatable through comics. I wont be watching the next CM movie.

>Ctrl f
>have sex
>0 results
Wait so this isn't a Yea Forums bait thead?

Attached: 1551138902673.png (843x376, 281K)

Genis-Vel is literally one of the most based Marvel characters, my man

>You know what they should have done? Make her gay and reveal it halfway through. Changes everything up nicely.
being gay wouldnt fix it. Focusing on the unfair treatment of women in the airforce would have been far more believable and relatable.

Both. Red-eyed Carol and Billy Carol are from different timelines, and they hit it off quite well.

She literally have no weakness in the movies

Can we make this a Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire thread instead?

no I wanna fix Carol. I mean if women want a female equivalent to superman than by all means but at least superman is a nice guy to everyone.

>make her relatable to a wider audience
She is one of the highest grossing mcu films of all time incel. Have sex.

Wonder Woman exists. Carol is unnecessary.

only because she was before endgame.

fuck that, carol was born to murder.
why would she? hulk and carol shouldn't lose to any villain in the mcu other than thanos

Except for getting surprised by the power-stone move (which in fairness I would not have seen coming either). She's clearly coasts on brute strength as opposed to any kind of finesse.

What kind of Star Sapphire thread? Normal Star Sapphires or the hypno cult ones from /aco/, lol?

your seething cope is yikes cringe, dilate to have sex tranny

Well ignoring the Prof Hulk bullshit (damn hand wave resolution), Hulk has a mental handicap and can revert to Banner if his radiation is drained. Carol has.....nothing

A better script would've had Hulk do it. As much as I like the Russos they seriously did Hulk dirty.

>Carol has.....nothing
weak to espers
weak to reality warpers
weak to energy manipulation

>Yikes
Women are not allowed on Yea Forums

>She could've been a really great character if she had good writers
ftfy

For once I'm actually agreeing with this opinion.
You're dead on.
She is 100% bogged down with writers trying, and failing, to make her some important feminist icon. She has no flaws, no interesting character traits, and nothing she does gets her in any trouble with the people around her.
She's literally a mary sue, one of the few female characters that straight up deserves that title, anyone saying otherwise is a shill.

Attached: D9OTwb3WkAA_tkY.jpg (1024x674, 55K)

>For once I'm actually agreeing with this opinion.
>You're dead on.
>She is 100% bogged down with writers trying, and failing, to make her some important feminist icon. She has no flaws, no interesting character traits, and nothing she does gets her in any trouble with the people around her.
>She's literally a mary sue, one of the few female characters that straight up deserves that title, anyone saying otherwise is a shill.

Attached: Wonder Woman 5.jpg (634x427, 57K)

Stop posting that face, it's cursed.

Uh, Wonder Woman had clear flaws. She was hopelessly naive.

Wrong. She's the best.

Attached: D6wzoxeU0AApEVD.jpg (1672x2048, 278K)

Sure. You have a Wonder Woman level hero but make it a point to tell everyone she's only a hero for women.

Casuals and secondaries get the rope.

I don't read ww.
I did however read several captain marvel runs at the behest of some carol shills a while back, I found that her stories are very "girl power" and generally mediocre.
I'm not even talking just captain marvel, ms.marvel was no better.
She's either cheesecake trash or "girl power" trash.
Take your pic.
The movie was just another marvel movie I didn't like much, nothing particularly bad, and I think Brie did fine.

>hopelessly naive
She was actually proven utterly correct.
All she had to do was go stab the God of War a few times and it ended the conflict.
It was actually Trevor who was hopelessly foolish. Diana was simply too pure for the world.
Zack Snyder was the only one trying to make her less than perfect. Jenkin's Diana is perfect to the point of retconning her history in BvS/JL.

I don't believe you believe that.

Dumbass, I straight up went out of my way to read her runs to see if the hype was legit, it wasn't.
Carol is a lame character.

Not only that but the actress states that she hates straight white men and wishes they would be sent to concentration camps. It is a weird time we.live in.

That movie was a mess, incels hyped it beyond what it deserves.

Incels like women now? Terms are getting more and more confusing

You lying incels are fucking idiots.
Do you just let youtubers think for you at every turn?
Look up what she said, and listen to it without your youtube daddies whispering in your ear, she didn't say anything near that.

Not really, my man.

Lies on the internet, etc. You're just Yea Forumsposting here because Brie Larson triggered the shit out of you.

Nope. She is a flying brick with a fucked up original and multiple mind wipes who happens to be a cunt. Carol isn't even allowed to be hot anymore and is lucky when she isn't drawn to look like a man. Mediocrity is the best she can hope for and even that is a stretch considering the baggage she has accrued.

Yeah seriously. She's way too overpowered and her cockiness about it doesn't help either. It's like marvel was trying to make an extremely unlikeable character.

Here come the Disney shills. She flat out sad she wishes the Holocaust would happen again except this time with white men. She laughed. LAUGHED when a little bit asked for her autograph and told him that she will make sure to come piss on his grave since women live longer than men.

>political

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Incels hate any woman they view as an enemy or doesn't conform to their weird incel views.
It's the reason the manbaby brigade is hyping battle angel despite the fact the dumb fucks have never mentioned it previously.

Hey, fuckwit, I'm the one defending Brie, I think these idiots are lying about her and trying to make her out to be something she clearly isn't.
She's a fine actress, I didn't enjoy the movie much but it wasn't her fault.
I just didn't like the way they handled it.

Yeah but when do incels defend women?

I'm sorry but her character just wasn't likeable. Political bs aside, her attitude just sucks. I'm sorry the rest of the avengers don't all have magical plot armor that can just make up powers and strengths as they go, but to come along and be all "you didn't beat Thanos because you didn't have me" - fuck you.

There's being cocky and funny at the same time, and then there's just being a dick for no reason. Compare her attitude to Tony. Who do you like more?

I mean, they pretty clearly were.
Back in the day you weren't expected to like her the way you like other characters, she was a violent sadistic drunk who hurt her own teammates do to incompetence.
She was never the clean cut likable hero type.

I'm 100% sure you're joking/trolling now.

When it's a shield to hide behind.
They're weirdos, not completely brain dead.

>angry incels

Incels-White Knights are the ones defending this badly written film

The outrage is hilarious. Actual comic fans know the MCU is mediocre at best with some good points, yet a Hollywood B-lister on a project few people actually care about throws out some snark and now you have youtube channels with dozens of angry videos. It actually managed to overshadow neckbeards griping about Black Panther. Incredible.

After being outright tricked by said God Of War as to who he actually was.

He just made the mistake of revealing his identity.

>Oh look her motivation to be a hero was that people were mean to her when she was little!"

That was the whole thing. Like one of those Girl power episodes that cartoons had in the 90’s

>After being outright tricked by said God Of War as to who he actually was.
Yeah, who would have believed that a genocidal general with super-strength willing to kill both sides MIGHT be Ares in disguise? So fucking naive!!!

Except it wasn't.
Not really. And no, it's not that they do'nt count. CM was effectively the first MCU movie with a solo female lead. Even in Wasp, Ant-man i still the actual lead.

Carolbots mad

The world is changing, old one.

Yeah, changing into something worse.

If they had turned Carol into Captain Marvel before the MCU and before Tumblr pandering became a widespread thing, she probably might have actually worked.

Attached: captain marvel4.jpg (1200x1822, 259K)

>not bogged down by the political BS.
She was created to be a loud and proud feminist.
Your negative reactions are the reason she exists.

Attached: Marvel by teoft.jpg (900x1160, 184K)

It would, but making her gay would compound that AND suggest a life-long struggle over 'being different'.

Brian Reed.

It might be changing into a place where 'being human' is no longer a desirable qualification.

She was literally made as a fuck you to straight white males. She doesn't care about your whiny man baby tears, she would like nothing more than to see you in a mass grave.

Nah. She was made as fapbait. First as the eye candy for Mar-Vell and then as a way to secure the Ms. Marvel trademark.

>into something worse.
Maybe for you. Things are looking up fo me .
>she would like nothing more than to see you in a mass grave.
Sensationally wrong.
I disagree.

Attached: CapM and WonderW.jpg (564x564, 83K)

She was pretty obviously fapbait, I doubt you've read it if you disagree.

>I doubt you've read it if you disagree.
I've read most of her comics, I still disagree.

>Sensationally wrong
In no way is this wrong. She prays for genoicide against the "cumskin breeders" every morning when she wakes up and every night before she goes to bed.

I unironically believe that if a little white boy got knocked down during one of her fights, she would curb stomp his head into the pavement and laugh and call it collateral damage.

>incels still seething
$1,128,019,561

Attached: D86hxpTWsAAVtci.jpg (841x1042, 217K)

I find the old comics more compelling than this movie.

>Calls others who dislike a character incel
>Claim she's a good character

You're part of the problem why Carol is recieving hate...

Or it could be her wanting to genocide us.

You need to see a psychiatrist, buddy.

>It would, but making her gay would compound that AND suggest a life-long struggle over 'being different'.
eh maybe you re right

Comics have always been "political". Always. Period. Full stop. What you dislike are "politics" you *disagree* with. Read different comics, then. If you can't find any, fucking make some and shut the hell up.

Examine what you just posted critically, user.

Unironically this. Even her first iteration as Ms.Marvel AND choosing the leotard as her costume were feminist moves.

McRib's back?!!?

Oh, look, it's this guy again.

How could her original version have been a feminist statement if it was written by a MAN?!

Answer me that! If you can, which I very much doubt!

because there are men that want to elevate women to an equal ground? that's how women managed to vote after all.

Still a shit movie

Have you seen her comics?

>well known as nothing but fapbait
that's much worse

>I think one of the worst parts about captain marvel is that she could've been a really great character if not bogged down by the political BS.
That has literally never been true and never will be. There have been 3 distinct Carol interpretations at this point and all of them are boring.

Yeah. Bunch of buzz words like mansplaining, patriarchy, cisshit and cumskin.

It was fine. Better than Endgame

Best actress under 40 in the biz imo. Also not as big of a cunt as I thought, surprisingly.

C'mon user we know you are a shill.

>Another Genis fan in the wild

It's bullshit that he basically got replaced by Sentry.

They're both pancakes, but I'll still take larson. And Gadot's range is generally pretty bad, although she did a good enough job as Wonder Woman imo.

Attached: 1554658171968.jpg (600x600, 77K)

You don't think this costume was fapbait?

Attached: ms-marvel-costume-featured.jpg (1400x700, 210K)

I disliked both because feminazi but WW at least could act decently. Brie has no emotion, did someone not tell her she was not the Terminator?

People who like Captain MarLEL are immune to reason and logic

>shill
I'd expect that on Yea Forums but here too?
How can you call her an objectively bad actress if you've seen movies like Short Term 12, Room or even Unicorn Store?
I'll admit she was underwhelming/uninspired in Captain Marvel, but she definitely has range, and this is coming from someone who takes acting classes himself.
Most logical explanation to me is that you can't separate the person from the actor, hence you wouldn't like seeing her either way, no matter her performance.

Her acting choices, the direction she was given, and everything else is a mystery to me, so I couldn't even speculate. Maybe they wanted a more reserved, less emotive character in Carol?
The differences between WW and Carol are pretty vast to begin with. But in terms of acting range, I simply can't give Gal a win over Brie, because movies are kind of my thing, and I can tell how each would fare in overall talent.
Gal's a nice girl, but I don't think I'll see anything noteworthy from her anytime soon.

you are wrong carol fag get a rope no one likes you not even your family

Spot on. People here are always triggered and can't separate performance from personal beliefs.

she is bad and stupid just like you are stupid and pathetic you Incel loser she wont fuck you

>your opinion is wrong because I want it to be
Nah. If you can't judge individual things in an unbiased unemotional manner you can't really contribute anything to the conversation.

you are in fact wrong you have nothing to contribute to humanity let alone this kill yourself you lost i won

>insert more angry buzzowords
There wasn't anything to "win" dipshit. But by all means, I forfeit. Just don't kill yourself.

you lost the second you defend brie you have no human value kill yourself or seething more till you pop you subhuman carrolfaggot stay mad i won

Attached: 1560631146794.png (578x661, 411K)

You fool, the drama is what's killing media.

Attached: 453454534534.png (914x1208, 131K)

so you lost got it bye loser now you and the what 1 other carol fag left her? can go back your cuck shed and cry

There is one more. But I prowl the threads and the shitposts at night, watching through the darkness, forever in darkness. A guardian carolfag.

Attached: 231c97b10b1aa2f556804b7629304e661b36036f_hq.jpg (683x1024, 115K)

Based Carol corp stomper has appeared in the thread

The movie and character themselves in the movie literally have no "sjw-feminist" politics. At all. It was all online marketing and the feminist and anti-feminist using this movie to push their agendas.
The most hilarious part of this movie was when the politics it did include were about the refugee crisis and war propaganda, shit that literally no one talked about because they were so tunnel vision on trying to twist this movie about being about GUUURRRLL POWER.

What baffles me is the fucking energy and time wasted on what turned out to be a pretty decent and okay Marvel movie.
No matter which side of the fence you fall on, you can't argue your time isn't better spent elsewhere.
Jesus Christ.