Guardians of the galaxy #6

Time to end this little arc

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-000.jpg (1988x3056, 2.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/1136263929808732162
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-001.jpg (1988x3056, 971K)

get down! Dick's got a gun

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.55M)

right in the butt

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.67M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1.58M)

Ah man, Proxy deserves better than being smoked by fake Phyla

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.84M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.74M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.58M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.66M)

No this nigga did not use the "your no better than them argument". Among other things Gamora has confirmation that this happening and isn't killing random people like they planned

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.67M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.25M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.29M)

Oh no He's retarded

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.68M)

For some reason I thought that hallway they went down was much bigger

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.41M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.44M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.71M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.65M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.55M)

Well that was pretty easy

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.85M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.4M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1.63M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-023.jpg (1988x3056, 1.66M)

Here's your guardians bro

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-024.jpg (1988x3056, 1.33M)

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-025.jpg (1988x3056, 1.31M)

All of this was fucking awful except this page here could be interesting if it wasn't going to be written by Aaron
No one with a brain should pay to read this garbage.

Attached: Guardians of the Galaxy 006-026.jpg (1988x3056, 1.01M)

Then nothing of a New Thanos, right?

Welp :/

Yeah, Thanos, Hela, the Black Order and everyone else all just got sucked into a black hole.

But please, right after you said that go back blowing Snyder's cock, pig.

Marquez came up a bit short resorting to a stupid mortal kombat kick for Nebula.

His late writing sucks too and you're a faggot for trying to start company wars

This needed an epilogue badly.

this is a good time to change writers.

Isn't "you boys" trope usually reserved for the flirty character? Phyla's in a committed relationship and a lesbian.

Isn't Nebula like a wanted mass-murdering super-villain who recently led an army of zombie gods against the universe? Why are they just letting her walk away?

Well this was a whole lot of nothing, how long until the eventual Knull arc?

...so uh, what happened to all the people in Knowhere?

I expected nothing and I still get disappointed.
So damn cliched.
That's it? Black hole? OK then.

Since the next issue is the "Death of Rocket" arc, I bet Knull is involved because why not.

Dead, thanks for nothing guardians.

Church of truth found most of them and abducted them.

Hela probably killed them when the first hijacked the place.

How long until we get the real Phyla and Heater back?

Didn't 616 Heather get killed off screen?

Yes.

Doubtful it'll happen at this point, Duggan made those two on the concept that Heather was dead off-panel (even though she should be able to respawn) and that 616-Phyla wasn't going to come back from the dead.
Nice headcanon you guys have there, it would be nice if this was on the page though, since at no point it was shown what happened when the head first appeared at Sanctuary.
Doubtful it was the Church of Truth by the way.

Maybe she’s from a universe where she’s actually bi.

Hahaha. Okay, that is fucking awesome.

>real Phyla
never. Vells don't come back to life.
>Heather
I herd she died off screen but I haven't seen a page confirming it. But it seems marvel is fine with using the alt in her place because iirc she got to have a moment with drax in Infinity wars as if they were actually related.

>Doubtful it'll happen at this point, Duggan made those two on the concept that Heather was dead off-panel (even though she should be able to respawn) and that 616-Phyla wasn't going to come back from the dead.
It's not like any writers care for continuity and if you have to write alt versions, you could as well resurrect them right away.

>Nice headcanon you guys have there
It was in the annual that came out earlier this month

For what it's worth, this legit feels like DnA-era Star-Lord right here, and it feels good.

I know what you mean, but those were captured by the Church of Truth after those people were sucked into the black hole, at no point we see what happened to those in Knowhere, which at the point was captured by Hela. We effectively don't know what happened to all its inhabitants, but I don't think they actually thought that out before coming out with the idea.
>It's not like any writers care for continuity
Ewing does, and actually Duggan mostly does, I just don't think he actually cared about bringin Heather back so he simply said "she's dead so we're bringing new versions". Call it "running out of time so we're not bothering with a resurrection arc".
Yeah, too bad it was ruined with "if you kill him, you're just like him!"

Why is nova packing a gun?

The annual only covered the people sucked in the black hole at the meeting. Knowhere being taken over by Hela was separate.

Rip knowhere
Good to know they are all chill with all those unrelated people dying

He hasn't thrown a single graviton blast or anything like since he showed up so I don't think he can do anything else. Now this could either because Cates doesn't know about his other abilities and assumed that human rocket stuff meant he can only fly fast. Or since they are playing the Rich works with those rent-a-cop Novas that he has the powers they do and iirc they all use guns. He might be injured I guess but does that really mess up the helmet? Or it could just be for the sake of the plot.

Wait, so are Richard and Gamora no longer a thing? Kinda ballsy to say that feet away from him

I would have no problem with this team if the book was actually written well, though I was hoping Darkhawk would be a member too.

Like is Hella still alive? And what of "Special" Thanos?

Technically that was sort of one-sided on Gamora's part (she chased after him in Infinity Countdown #4, while he mostly didn't care), but they definitely had more going on than Peter and her. I just can't see that as anything but synergy, because back in Duggan's GOTG, all they did was share a kiss, and as far as I'm aware, comic Star-Lord isn't supposed to be a hormonal teenager.
>though I was hoping Darkhawk would be a member too.
At this point I'm glad he isn't, just like Richard won't be. I really am glad Ewing seems to have plans for Nova and Quasar, so having Darkhawk show up in there would be nice: twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/1136263929808732162
Though it won't be anytime soon considering both Darkhawk and Quasar were trapped by the Church of Truth, so maybe it's after that arc.

Darkhawk doesn’t deserve that shit, especially not now when he’s a kid inside of a robot suit for some reason.

Did the black order just dip after Proxima got blasted? Because they’re kind of gone, you don’t even see their silhouettes among the ones getting sucked into the black hole.

I didn't realize it until this chapter but alt Phla hasn't had her sword for this entire run. Despite having one in all of her appearances before now and the sword being a big thing for the original Phyla. Between that and her look in general she is kind of just blue Carol.

Comic book rules, you ignore all past crimes for one full day if the villain helps you save the world/universe.

How do you think Joker got away after Metal?

Holy shit, shut the fuck up.

The Batmobile lost its wheel?

Gamora is for WARLOCK ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peter is for Rocket only

He's a kid again?

Bill needs two cups?

He's an honorary Asgardian, they drink hard.

My guess is Cates and the artist don't know how he works and assume he's like the rest of the new Novas.
He's also just a background character in this and got like 4 lines of dialogue across all the issues he was in

So Thanos is,my coming back.

Isnt coming back That's what I mean.
Damn auto correct.

Well. He does have clones. Clones that are good enough to fool the Watcher into thinking that they're the real Thanos.

You'd be hard pressed to think Cates will ever reference Starlin's stuff like that. He already ruined Thanos a lot as it is.
The only guy who referenced the "Many Thanos" stuff was Ewing anyway.

S Y N E R G Y

Phyla channeling her inner Carol

Fuck this synergy shit!

I just hope that Zombie Thanos, The Black order and Hela aren't "No more" if you catch my drift

the only thing you don't walk away from in comics is slapping Janet Van Dyne

wtf did Hela really just get taken out like a punk?

Wouldn't be the first time. Remember, Thor once defeated her by ripping off her cloak and mask, revealing just how decomposed she really was.

The same Hela who arrived last issue, backstabbed Kallark and was able to make CGR submit to her for some undisclosed reason.

fukken cates, when will it end?

Whelp that was decent at best boring at worst.

When he takes over for Aaron on Thor and drops guardians.

F to Knowhere.

The black order kid of just vanish after Proxima gets blasted, everybody is just fighting outsiders afterwards.

DnA Star-Lord would have been OK with hr killing Thanos, people fucking forget that was his and Nova's end goal.

Yuck but at least this frees up Rich to get with a hot space babe or for a reunion with Nita.

Warlock doesn't want her tough.

I don't think anyone had issue with her killing thanos. It was her uncle he didn't want dead.

I haven't read the rest of this tho, so I dunno what his relevance to the plot is

He might get a book announced at Comic Con this year, but I'm not holding my breath. Either way, looks like he'll be in limbo again for a few moths

>a reunion with Nita.
Not as long as Brevoort draws breath.

Silver Surfer is doing something with Knull in the Silver Surfer: Black series, and I think someone mentioned him in a War of the Realms book, so I'd say not long with everything cooking.

what is this Phyla's abilities anyway? she doesn't have nega or quantum bands.

I'm not so sure Quill could stop a normal ghost rider

If you want to know:
Starfox is the one who retrieves his "will", reads it to all the powerhouses of the universe, then after they get ambushed in the stupidest way, he's the one who assembles the Dark Guardians who go after Gamora. He's technically the big bad all along when his consciousness was transferred to his body, then unto Thanos, so killing him was actually THE only way to stop it.
There's no reason why Star-Lord should've been opposed to this and it's honestly very poorly done and cliched. How do people still defend Cates after this page? There's also that shit with Wraith seeking after him, so soon I guess. Next issue is called "Faithless" which ties into the whole Church of Truth stuff from the Annual ("have faith", etc). I don't know if they're actually following through with the dumb "Death of Rocket" scenario though.

I don't think even Cates know, or the creative team for that ḿatter. Just look at the way the editor replies to the questions about Phyla:

She has a sword similar to the one 616 Phyla used as Quasar

Guardians are too much of a loser team for Nova

Something. Something with Wraith, maybe. Maybe show if any other hero survived the black hole.

They seemed to be okay with half the important people of space being sucked into a black hole in issue #1 and got over that really quickly too.

What a fuckign piece of shit this book really turned out to be. What was the point of announcing you're doing new Guardians if you were gonna just reunite the old ones this fast? The whole synergy ship makes no sense at all. To this very day Peter and Gamora have never ever shared anything ressembling a romantic connection. None. Zero. As a matter of fact it was well established that the love Peter felt for Gamora was family love. Getting this shit out of nowhere is so dumb and ridiculous and honestly don't know where could it even go aside from destroying the dynamic of the team. Even Gunn realized the ship had no future beyond the flirtation stage which is why they ended it in IW/EG.

Cates is a horrible writer and clearly is doing this for a paycheck since his lack of knowledge of cosmic outside movies and a few key plots is evident to the most dumb editor in Marvel. I'm amazed how they manage to shit the bed more and more with every relaunch.

90s reunion space team with Darkhawk, Nova, and Quasar?

But that was just a quantum band construct.

According, to the letters, flight, beams, super strength, cosmic awareness. Might as well not have the last one because she does fuck all with it. As for the source she did clink her writ together at one point but I have no idea what for. She was already blue when she did it and she never does it again. iirc the wrist stuff was only a thing when rick jones and captain marvel shared bodies. Personally like Rodstow said I don't think anyone knows. The artist is just going for whatever.

She has not had that sword for even one panel in this entire run. I checked

Attached: or maybe she is charging a blast.jpg (1007x1600, 638K)

>ragghh!!! no!
ruler of niffleheim, the norse goddess of death everybody!

This sword wasn't seen again, and it is a light construct for that matter, but beyond here and some covers, I don't think she's used it.
Furthermore, regarding the above linked letters, I think the most important tell that they haven't figured her out was this:
>our current Phyla is from a different universe, so who knows what kind of names she had back home!
You'd think they would know whether she was actually Quasar over there or if she was a Captain Marvel, or something else altogether.

Attached: alt-Phyla.png (824x860, 1.18M)

It was in Infinity wars and in the follow comic.It is missing the symbol like in your pic here, and Deodato couldn't find a light saber to trace so he drew a regular sword in Infinity wars. She should be a captain marvel though because the entire point of that oneshot/mini carol had was that every captain marvel got a realty gem from another universe.

Attached: Moondragon was also a telepath and not a green lantern back here.jpg (1041x1600, 605K)

According to the annual and the Surfer book, all of those guys survived but they’re scattered around and all the while the church or universal truth is using Cosmo to find them.

She's already back and his opinion stopped mattering once he denounced the 616 designation and writers kept calling the main earth 616 anyway.

I am guessing we're going to get a Avengers:No Surrender or Avengers: No Road Home type of comic with Nova, Quasar, and Cosmic Herc. I would be OK with that too.

>Nova and Gladiator getting the hell out of there

Hope they will form the Annihilators again eventually

This comic is dropping in sales so Probably next year on January or when Cates finishes his shitty obvious Knull event, but then get ready to receive Jason Aaron. Unless Ewing reaches that high status as a Marvel writer and Editors decide to give him GotG.

After all the shit Eros pulled he deserved it and I don't see Peter being opposed to her offing him because of it.

So she is basically an above average Eternal

This is like the second time he nopes his way out of that team, I honestlythink Rich likes being a solo act.

Hopefully soon, especially since Darkhawk and Nova still need to make nice after that whole shit with Rich's brother.

The handle of that sword looks like she shoved a stick between two quantum bands and formed a blade of quantum energy.

And Moondragon goes back and forth from turning into some energy dragon to summoning an actual dragon, to just conjuring illusions of dragons in people's minds. No one fucking knows what the hell is going on with her.

Why is this book so damn decompressed?

He got zombie rabies.

Just give me sex

Which book is this? Wolverine: Infinity Watch? I haven't caught up with one yet..
In fact I was gonna ask if anyone was interested in a storytime, since I could drop the issues 3-5 I haven't read yet.
It sure does. There has to be a story behind the design because she also has that belt with the star symbol in it, and going back to what Kuder did with Victorious in Fantastic Four, he conceptualized her whole design with purpose in mind.

Attached: file.png (859x794, 866K)

It's from Infinity wars: Infinity. It's the setup for Infinity watch wolverine.

Damn, I know I read it and I remember the Drax stuff in particular, but nothing else beyond that. I'm gonna have to revisit it.

They'd have to pull BRB from Quill, and I thought Ronan was dead.

Yeah I'm at a loss as to what is going on with this Heather

At one point I think she had a small pet dragon that was also her tattoo?

Who's the grey Kree between Moondragon and Nebula?

It looks like M'Nell of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard

What is "Cosmic Awareness" exactly?

>Mon-El
Ha

In simpler terms, it's an ability that connects with the entire universe at once and allows the person who possesses it to access any information about any being, planet and location within it. Sorta like a universal library, except you have to know what you're looking for, or else you'd get an information overload.

Attached: eon-3.png (638x670, 521K)

Pretty sure writers assume she really is a Moon Dragon of some kind right now.

for Heralds it's cosmic navigation. They know where in the universe they are at all times and can fly from planet to planet without any kind of map or compass.

For Captain Marvels it's more like some spiritual connection to all life in the universe. They rarely use it for much more than looking for some spiritual guidance for a problem.

for Cosmic beings and abstracts it's being all knowing omniscient intelligences that speak all languages, know the past and future, and can look into all timelines at once. Eternals have a more neutered version of this one, possibly due to having 3 dimensional corporeal brains that have to process information slowly.

Attached: like selective omnisciences.jpg (994x1500, 1.05M)

So this story went nowhere.I hope that Adam atleast has some good dialogue beetwen the Magus when they fight

Attached: adam face.jpg (178x240, 10K)

It won’t.

why do you have to be right user

Attached: adam sleeping.jpg (337x250, 23K)

Just pray Nova gets another mini this summer. Those are the only cosmic series worth reading these days

How do you feel about Tini Howard writing him in the Annual and the Thanos mini?
In my opinion the stuff in the Annual was good, but the actual mini has been pretty weak...

Attached: file.png (421x404, 328K)

Is Star-Lord still a little bitch in this run.

The bitchiest

Don´t know anything about Tini Howard but the way he wrote Adam was spot on besides the part where he didn´t tell the plants that their god wasn´t real. But I guess you could count this as some sort of character development with Adam just taking the "gods" place by protecting the people himself

Are you sure Magus is going to be involved? Cates ignores Adam in anything major were Thanos is involved. The Universal Church of Truth is going to worship Knull and he new Patriarch is going to be J'Son.

Also Knowhere just got sent to a black hole and it will reapper where Knull is and Knull with use it to make himself a giant body or whatever and it's going to be part of a new event where everyone will get shoehorned into and the only good or decent story that will come out of it will be from Ewing.

I am guessing all of this but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be real.

After the first issue he was a humongous bitch, Didn't do anything significant and he just has drama with Gamora and cries about her.

>The Universal Church of Truth is going to worship Knull and he new Patriarch is going to be J'Son.
That's my guess also, pretty much word by word. Isn't there a cult of Knull going on with Carnage from Web of Venom? I'm assuming that's where this is all spiraling from (pun intended).
I mean, there's no other reason why the Patriarch specifically asked for Quill, specially given the way he's been acting. He's completely unremarkable aside from his relationship with J'Son of Spartax so why would it be anything but him?

Lol did Gamora ever felt bad or apologize for killing him? Wasn't Peter having panic attacks every time he thought about relieving that moment?

Aaron's last Ghost Rider was pure drive-in style schlock so I'm holding out some hope

It's probably going to be a while before Moondragon and Phyla worthwhile characters if they ever become that. They got nothing to tie them to the 616, we no basically nothing about their universe or them, and they aren't the focus of the team, plus the writers can use them as fan service for phyla and moon fans.

wow...someone remembered

oh, another Anti-Thanos missile. Good thing She-Hulk didn't get in the way this time

I like the art here.
and right back to shit

Get a consistent powerlevel girl. She has jobbed all this time and now she can casually one shot Proxima?
The spell that can override his powers as a ghost rider and herald broke just because Hela fell down a hole? She wasn't even knocked out. This arc went on for six chapters yet it feels like it went turbo speed in this last one.

Attached: 1513812112455.png (552x483, 172K)

Isn’t she married to Karnilla rn? Why would she still be caring so much for someone who rejected the shit out of her? I thought Cates was the continuity god or something

So are the Knowhere Corps homeless, jobless, dead, or all three?

Attached: 10E323E0-63A0-490E-B487-1E98657FE3A9.jpg (2000x2778, 1.08M)

I swear to god, are Marvel writers ONLY allowed to use "Agh!" as an exclamation? This has been going on for years now.

*she

>I thought Cates was the continuity god or something
Who the hell told you that? He didn't know Bill used Mjolnir and either thinks Black Bolt has only one power and is trying retcon it to be so.

Well 616 moondragon is apparently dead. Cosmo got sucked into the black hole and spit out into the arms of the universal church. Maybe the rest are too.

It's a political marriage. No love involved

Cosmo has been brainwashed by the Universal Church of Truth
616 Moondragon seems to have died off panel, she's been replaced by this alternate reality version who comes with her own Phyla
Bug probably went back to the Microverse

I have no clue what happened to Mantis, not sure when we last saw her

>Nova just fucks off leaving his love interest after a heavy ordeal without even a goodbye

Fuck you Cates, and your shitty characterization.

So. Its just the DnA GotG with Best Boy Bill replacing Drax.

Should have seen that coming.

It was most likely Johnny that did that to Frank

In that case I wish Mantis, Adam and Vance were here too

And Jack Flag