Mechanical or biological?

mechanical or biological?

Attached: spiderman.webm (720x406, 2.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RH2dv6icmiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mechanical. His real power is his mind and his heart.

the mechanical web-shooter only makes sense if peter is a super genius...biological for your standard iq level

Biological has always been cooler.

I don't think he got those from the spider.

Mechanical. I like the idea that he doesn't actually have "spider powers", he's just got low level ESP and massive strength/durability/intelligence, and he just went with the spider theme because he thought it was cool/because of his origin, and built some gadgets around it, like the web slingers and sticky gloves.

Mechanical.
Peter's a smart guy why not use that brain of his?

Definitely biological

>doesn't actually have "spider powers"
>sticky gloves.
Should someone tell him?

Biological was retarded (why would natural webbing come out of his hands instead of a hole above his ass) but works for the weird tone of the Raimi films

I don't want to say the Raimi Spider-Man movies have anything over the source material, but you'd kind of expect web spinners to come with the package of spider powers, wouldn't you?

I thought we were talking hypotheticals here, m8. Calm down.

Biological. Mechanical is just for plot contrivance
>oh no I'm out of web fluid darn

Why would being bit by a radioactive spider give you powers?

That’s a “role with it” aspect.

No I think his real power is being able to do whatever a spider can. He isn't called intellect man

Not from the hands

Mechanical web shooters, because it displays Peter's genius in action. Bonus points if he's using them for mundane things like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=RH2dv6icmiQ

If you REALLY want to go down that road, there's really no reason to think a spider's proportional strength would be an intangible power a human would just receive. But let's not.

It DOESNT FUCKING MATTER.
Holy shit, if anyone on Yea Forums argues about this shit they are autistic. Ya know why?
Because not even the WRITERS give a shit, as far as your concerned, Spider-Man has biological webs that can shoot infinitely until the writers remember he has mechanical shooters and force him to run out for drama sake.
Shit's dumb and has always been dumb, and arguing about something even the writers forget about is even worse.

Again, not like Spiderman is remotely realistic. I don't see 8 arms or massive fangs either

I mean, that did happen.

Attached: 1554868187038.jpg (1080x1349, 394K)

Yikes

Mechanical. Peter is a science boy.
>But muh literal spider powers
Biological is lame. So is extra arms.

Biological webshooters come from a generation who were not allowed to have home economics or wood shop class. We're talking about the pre-autism generation who had a slight inclination that they were suppose to stay stupid from the secrets of the world. Picture some super popular yet supposedly occult image here.

Mechanical, but he has to fill it with web fluid that he produces biologically.

Attached: awkwardauntmaydisplay.jpg (619x450, 71K)

And it was a bad thing.

>STOP DISCUSSING THINGS
You could just sit the conversation out.

I've always like mechanical because it shows how much the whole Spider-Man identity is his.
Like, anyone could have gotten bit by the spider, but only Peter could have made the web-fluid.

NO! I need everyone to stop talking about this! There is a hard limit to how much something can be brought up and I've decided Yea Forums has surpassed the quota for this. My judgment is FINAL.

I liked the 90's cartoon of handling it. I don't know how the comics and other materials did it, but being an endgame mutation as a result of his spider bite was a neat idea.

You okay man? End your next post with a vowel if you're in danger

Welp, I guess the thread is over.

Attached: 1539312371929.jpg (500x500, 51K)

That's a cool take on it

I like how Spiderman is a good mix of the two. I prefer him with mechanical webshooters to coincide his other spider powers.

Comics pretty much does the same thing. In What If the Avengers lost the Evolutionary War, when all the mutants got their abilities reinforced, Spider-Man grew a bunch of extra arms as a result.

Well said. His spider themed powers are wall crawling, super strength and spider sense. People say those aren't spidery enough, but then he made a spider costume and swings around on spider web he created because he knows he got bitten by a spider. That's good for me and lets Peter display his intelligence and creativity.

>He isn't called intellect man
Because a super hero can only have one talent, and it has to be a direct result of their being chosen to have the aforementioned thematic super power. They can't stand out in way outside of that. Boring.

I prefer him the way Stanley made him. webshooters

I'm okae

Attached: aa.jpg (700x508, 52K)

Mind-Man, Mind-Man, does whatever a Mind does!

Organic, since it would be ilogical for the symbiote to be able to mimic something mechanic.

They can but it's pretty stupid to say his intellect is his real power. It's good attribute but it wouldn't to shit for him if he wasn't fucking Spiderman

fpbp

He produces organic webbing but needs a machine to harness it effectively.

Peter being a secret super genius who is still somehow too stupid to get his family out of poverty is terrible writing, and if I had to choose between his intelligence and his being constantly low on cash, I think it's obvious which is more central to the character. Organic webshooters.

It mimics his suit.
It mimics clothes and creates things wholesale from images in the host's mind.
It's dumb that it wouldn't mimick webshooters especially when it does so in the simplest way possible...it shoots a strand of itself far away.

Both are fine, the organic webs never bothered me much.
My Dad really fucking hated them though, he was disappointed by Spider-Man 2 as he thought Peter losing his abilities was gonna be the push he needed to build the webshooters.

>Secret
Nah he's openly pretty smart.
The idea he can't find a useful way to harness his gifts for his personal life despite trying is pretty fucking in line for Pete.
He might be a Chemical genius but that doesn't mean he knows everything, I mean the kid's business sense was pretty much "please please please fucking hire, I can kick everyone' s ass, give me a paycheck, PLEASE!" A couple of short-sighted buisnessmen telling him "I don't see any use for this temporary miracle adhesive" could take the wind out of his sails while he goes hunting for other avenues of pay. I mean it's not like he had a father figure to tell him how to properly get a job or sell anything.

Having the webshooters be something mechanical that literally anyone else could use takes the cool factor out of Spiderman. Biological for sure.

The gymnastics you describe are just wildly inelegant. They're clumsy and they piss me off every time a writer has to sidetrack to explain why each new invention can't be patented and sold. It works much better when he's just normal smart guy and not a prodigy.

Nah, cool gadgets are cool.

What's so inelegant about a kid not knowing the ins and outs of business?

>mechanical or biological?
Psionic you fuckers

Attached: JC.jpg (400x607, 112K)

Why would being bitten by a radioactive spider give you 20/20 vision?
Why would being bitten by a radioactive spider give your skin little hairs to cling to surfaces with? Why would that hair be able to support your body weight + a ton of extra weight? Why would these tiny invisible hairs work through clothing and shoes?
Why would being bitten by a radioactive spider give you precog abilities?
Why would being bitten by a radioactive spider give you better strength and agility?

Who gives a fuck? If a reboot says something does X, then you just shrug and deal with it, even if it offends you. As long as it's not extra stupid and/or as long as they're consistent about it, then it is a non-issue.

People caring about the "realism" of biological webbing in fucking Spiderman is so weird.

I personally hated that he had shooters embedded in his wrists because how do they fit? Every time they draw his arms, it was always as if there was nothing there but he inserts capsules bigger than magnets that are longer than his wrist into his wrist and nobody noticed that there is something bulging out of his arms. Kid me used to think he just carved out a hole of flesh in both arms and let it heal over with the gap to make room for the shooters.

The fluid has to be something his body makes, whether you add mechanical shooters or not.

>fits in a wrist sized cartridge
>deploys hundreds of feet of material instantly
>tensile strength that can hold up a truck
>degrades in a matter of hours without leaving webs all over NYC

If it could be mass manufactured, every single
fire department,
police department,
military force,
forestry service,
& wealthy bondage enthusiast
would pay out the nose for something like that.

I loved how in the 90s cartoon multiverse arc, one of the Peters used his web and gadget inventions to become the Tony Stark of his universe, complete with Parker Industries.

Attached: parpcorm.gif (255x209, 691K)

mechanical
bio doesnt make any sense if placed on the wrist.

Magical

Yeah, if it's biological then it needs to come from his ass or no deal.

Because it's a comic book

If it's mechanical what the fuck is the point of him getting bite by that spider do?

Super strength? Precognition? Wall-crawling?

Based and purepilled

So he gets bit by the spider and gets every ability a spider has besides the most important part that makes a spider a spider? Why wouldnt he just get the full package?

That's basically how the Spider-Man manga treats the powers
Yu isn't even having adventures in the costume half the time

biological that is amplified with tech

Mechanical allows for more creative writing.

Its a comic. People don't actually get super powers. Realism isn't important. He gets bit by a spider and gets powers that have no relation to spiders.

I'm all for biological too but
> Why wouldnt he just get the full package?
that's kind of the point of him making the part he's missing.

Mix them, he can shoot bio web from hands but it less versatile then he created webshooter with formula based on his own web

Trips of truth. How can he even call himself Spider-Man if his anus doesn't have spinnerettes?

Spiders don't have precognition as far as I know.

bio. Spider-man is really just Captain America but with webs instead of a shield

Should he also be able to lay eggs?

Peter Parker shouldn't have bones. He should move by pushing fluid into his limbs. Also Batman should have biological echolocation. He's not called Gadgetrichman.

Fuck Raimi and his body horror groupies. Mechanical was and is fine, fits with the character's science geek background and ingenuity.

Whynotboth.gif

>Can produce web biologically/naturally BUT
>Needs a mechanical device to properly use the web/shoot it out

Spidey is far stronger than cap

THE ONLY TIME
peter should have bio webs is when he is Man Spider. thats it.