The three-volume DC Black Label comic series will retell the story of Clark Kent from his Krypton infancy to his final...

militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2019/06/17/dc-comics-frank-miller-reinvents-clark-kent-as-man-of-seal/

>The three-volume DC Black Label comic series will retell the story of Clark Kent from his Krypton infancy to his final realization as a superhero ― and the retelling now involves boot camp at Naval Recruit Training Great Lakes and Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL Training at Naval Special Warfare Command.

Attached: inthenavynow.jpg (600x763, 115K)

>Another Superman decon/retelling of being raised by the govt/military
Snore

JRJR's art actually looks passable here.

He's still raised by Martha and Jonathan. He just joins the Navy at 18

Enthusiasm gone.

It sure as hell doesn't in the first issue. Young Clark's head is a perfect circle, he hardly goes a page without someone's eyes looking like they've half popped out of their sockets, and most of the noses are more like beaks. Especially on the goth kid.

Ah, thanks

Might be an interesting take.

That could be cool, he could form a friendship with Aquaman earlier

I never imagined Clark as the soldier-type. Even if it is the Navy, that sort of discipline and experience seems contradictory to his down home feel. It might work for Superman though.

Frank's take is all Superman, though.

>I never imagined Clark as the soldier-type.

Why, because he's a hick from Kansas? Down home feel? Come on, bro. A lot of people like Clark would enlist just to get out and do something that they think "matters." Take off your rose tinted character fag glasses and admit it, it's entirely plausible in an alternative setting Clark would think going to serve his country could be a good way to use his powers.

>alternative setting Clark
I thought it might've been some kind of soft reboot thing. I guess if it's an alternative setting Clark then it could work. Would he really go off and be a reporter after that though? Why not just stay and fight aliens for Uncle Sam?

will he have confirmed Gorilla Warfare training with 300 broken necks

Are you blind?

Attached: kid pretends to be blind and is outrage that you would call him out on it.jpg (311x363, 106K)

>Would he really go off and be a reporter after that though?

Gee, I dunno, disillusionment due to the non-existing accountability of the military-industrial complex? Wanting to make the powers that be take responsibility?

It's Frank Miller Superman, the same Superman of The Dark Knight Returns. So, yes, this makes perfect sense.

Military cover-ups preventing his comrades getting recognition/compensation? As a soldier they can bury him as a nutjob loner but as a respected journalist, he'll have an audience.

Good inker and colorist go a long way. There's actual line variance and weight to the art, faces are still not his strong point, but it's certainly well above what he normally puts out.

>Why not just stay and fight aliens for Uncle Sam?
Because he wouldn't, 90% of his career would be spent vacuuming parking lots while the other 9.9% would be getting drunk off hand sanitizer and jerking it to the picture of that one dudes girlfriend, you know, that one retard who actually decided to pass around a photo of his girlfriend and expected to ever see it again.

Wow, military worship in a medium for young people. I see US culture is starting to mobilize opinion like they did with Iraq.

Attached: D9EgO_5WwAAuVtM.jpg (1200x952, 81K)

Or the military is doing atrocities and nobody is held accountable. Or if there's an attempt of that, higher ups just give them a mulligan and they walk away with no jail time. Just like in real life, where we have soldiers blatantly murder civilians, i.e. commit war crimes, and the president of all people wants to just pardon them before there's even been a trial and a conviction, just so he could get some good PR out of it for his base.

He's 17 or 18 here. Most people at that age haven't fully developed yet. It'll be shown as just a phase in his life.

Nice. Superman was always a fucking stooge and a weapon of the system. The defender of a nasty status quo.

Superman in the comic have super-intelect and can remember his life back on Krypton. He sees Pa and Ma as literal monkeys.

Is he still an invincible alien? Because the only part of basic which should bother him is the harsh language.

>where we have soldiers blatantly murder civilians
Literally every soldier does that.
The ones being mentioned right now are the ones that their fellow soldiers turned in. You know how much it takes for people you've served with to go to someone and say "this fucker needs to be locked up", not to mention that person actually listening?
These guys must have been vivisecting children or something really huge.

Just read the first issue. It’s good. Mostly him dealing with bullies picking on his friends to get to him and Clark meeting Lana. Ends with him leaving to join the Navy to be continued in the next issue.

Well it isn't the stupidest retelling. I'm guessing Miller's going broke and needs to pull a Michael Bay and milk the military teat.

It is probably going to be relegated to only the second issue. He is still going to end up going to Metropolis and the Planet.

The military mostly consist of people from those "down home feel" regions to begin with.

I'm taking this tale as "what if Clark couldn't afford college thanks to boomers."

Attached: 1481409642755.jpg (400x400, 108K)

>implying a man who fights for Truth, Justice and the American Way won't join the military
It's about fucking time honestly

the military is filled with Southerners and poor minorities
one very interesting nothing is that while the numbers of white guys and minorities would be rough equally in all other branches Infantry is always 90% white guys

That isn’t the reason. They saved the money and Martha wanted him to go, but Clark said he first wanted to see the world because he’s been on Smallville, Kansas all of his life and he wants to learn about his powers and said that they should keep the money.

Too late, Marvel had been doing it for years already.