I want to make my own 2D animation, but seems like traditional is kind of expensive

I want to make my own 2D animation, but seems like traditional is kind of expensive.

What are some tips and tricks 2D animations use to optimize their workflow and produce quality animations with the less effort?

Attached: 1520743017430.png (601x508, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pKmSdY56VtY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pirate Flash.

Flash if you want basic animation capabilities with a varying degree of freedom, Toonboom is a bit more expensive and more advanced if you want to chase a bear instead. Traditional is kind of dying out as Flash/TB and many other software companies are doing what traditional did and are spewing out more efficiently, and at most half the cost.

Flash animation is not real 2D animation, if you’re gonna cheat like that just stop.

>what is the 85% of the animation industry today

You said it, not me. Flash has, and will always surpass whatever traditional art has done since it's demise.

Call it cheating all you want, but if it's making Mary Sue and John Doe money at Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network without having to spend weeks on end on one episode, they'll keep on doing it; regardless of quality.

Hilda and MLP are some of the good "flash"-animated cartoons out there, and I'm saying this as someone who doesn't like the animation style in general. If it's done right, it'll be good.

Don't be so sanctimonious

>MLP

Attached: the barney fags are invading again.gif (320x240, 2.95M)

>surpass
Only if you consider soulless mas production surpassing

And yet traditionally they would be better

Don’t be so pleb

Wakfu would like a word with you.
fuck off with your elitism.

Only looks good when they switch to traditional for certain fight scenes.

>muh flash boogeyman
Jesus Christ Yea Forums nobody uses that shit anymore, you can also do tween animation with Toon Boom since that's what most people in the industry are actually using.

Learn from anime and UPA. Use visual direction to cut corners, not tweening.

>muh semantics
It’s the technical term. Toon Boom tweenshit is also referred to as Flash Animation.

>And yet traditionally they would be better
You can't really make Barney better though. It's like a singularity that taints everything around it with its shittiness.

>I want to make my own 2D animation,

What kind of style are you looking for?

Don't use traditional flash if you want to make something worthwhile, if you want a shortcut that has more options use Toonboom Harmony. Takes a bit longer to learn but Flash is pretty much a dead end at this point and its skillset wouldn't be very beneficial to someone looking to get into the industry.

Or, alternatively if you feel like the inherent restrictions in DESU are a little stifling considering its price, there are other options
>Kind of expensive.
I'm gonna go into this thinking you don't want to spend much but still don't want your product to look like Loud House, which limits the options a bit, but you might actually be in luck. While I can't call it 'robust', the Blender software has a new addon with its 2.8 beta called Grease Pencil which seems to have enough tools to get you started, and because its so fresh and new if your idea and style is any good it'll be much easier for you to standout in showcases and help build a more comprehensive reel, or alternatively if you want to remain independent the community is dedicated enough to give you a fanbase to build your brand, though I don't know if you'd want to stick with it should you actually get some funding as there are better options, just expensive ones. I looked up an example and the lighting options seem pretty robust, much better than than Toonboom's defaults. youtube.com/watch?v=pKmSdY56VtY And best part, for you, its free.

>DESU

Goddamn it I forgot that filter was there, toon boom harmony has a terrible acronym...

Isn't Hilda done on ToonBoom?

Both Hilda and MLP are done on Toomboom Harmony, so is Family Guy, Simpsons, Spongebob and others including Disney's Princess and the Frog, that's why he put it in 'Flash', they go off the same principals as Adobe Animate, usually misnomer as Flash because it used that architecture, but are their own distinct programs.

Titmouse still uses Flash.

>flash is not real 2D animation

Attached: talesof.gif (600x338, 2.71M)