Which hero has the best rogues gallery?

Which hero has the best rogues gallery?
Hard mode: It can’t be Superman, Batman or Spider-Man.

Attached: 7D59838D-84B5-45CC-A61C-5B00339BBC04.jpg (350x488, 88K)

The X Men

the flash

The 4th best option is Flash.

Green Lantern or Fantastic Four.. I think Doom has me going with Fantastic Four though

Darkwing Duck

The Flash and a honorary mention to Wonder Woman because hers is just underutilized for the most part.

Attached: DCAU Wonder Woman Diana.jpg (800x1600, 110K)

Captain Marvel definitely.
>Mister Mind
>Black Adam
>Captain Nazi
>Dr. Sivana
>Mister Atom

What are some good GL villains? Which Lantern had the best rogues?

Moreover, when they are utilized, it’s the same villains over and over again. Hope you like Cheetah, Giganta, Circe and maybe Doctor Psycho.

It's not even about the regulars, but how poorly they're used more often than not.
>Giganta: will either be an ally or the biggest jobber ever
>Cheetah: The guilt trip
>Circe: She's bored

On the topic of Flash, it really hurts me to see how underused Villainy Inc is.
They could easily be WW’s answer to the Rogues if writers gave a shit.

in my opinion

1. Batman
2. Spider-Man
3. Superman
4. X-Men
5. Fantastic Four
6. The Flash
7. Thor
8. Green Lantern
9. Captain America
10. Daredevil

dc: flash, then captain marvel
marvel: F4, then x-men

Hulk

Dr Strange has a pretty nice rogue’s gallery

He does?

Hulk villains are underrated . He's nowhere close to "best villains" category, but his stuff is underrated

>Doctor Psycho
What was his shtick again? He hates women?

Captain America has this in the bag, his villains are all cool. Second place is definitely teen titans though

X-Men assuming we can have teams.

>Magneto (arguably THE Marvel villain)
>Mr. Sinister
>Mastermind
>Sebastian Shaw and the Hellfire Club
>Sabretooth
>Silver Samurai
>Omega Red
>Onslaught
>Stryfe

I thought that was Hector Hammond

>no mystique
>no apocalypse
>no cassandra nova
>no arcade (fuck you I love arcade)

No, he's just obsessed with Hals life.
I remember Psycho hated women or something like that.

Yeah, he’s a misogynist, to compliment his enemy being Wonder Woman.
Interestingly enough, his Golden Age origin had him pretty sympathetic.

>Interestingly enough, his Golden Age origin had him pretty sympathetic.
What was it?

He wins on the Serpent Society alone.
The MCU’s biggest mishandling of Captain America was not using the Society in any of the movies.

Was that pretty common in Golden Age Wondie stories? I vaguely remember a few characters reforming or having somewhat tragic origins.

Basically, while he was in college, all the other students for being a manlet. To make matters worse, his fiancé was in love with the school chad, who wanted Psycho gone. So the chad framed Psycho for a crime and stole his girl, leaving the manlet filled with vengeance and hatred

You’re not wrong; Paradise Island has an isle exclusively for reforming her villains while Paula von Gunther went from a Nazi baroness to WW’s friend.
Wonder Woman was actually pretty progressive in this regard.

It makes sense. Paradise Island is supposed to live up to its name and Wonder Woman's original run is very idealistic in many ways.

This, Wondie has a ton of potentially great villains that just haven't been used. Even when they DO get reimagined, people ignore them.

F4, Dick Tracy.

when has Superman ever been said to have a good rogues gallery?

Taking all the GLs as a whole they actually have a really good case for top 10 rogue's gallery. Individually is weaker of course. Hal's got Sinestro and Hammond alongside Black Hand, Star Sapphire, Krona, etc. so he's probably got the strongest gallery overall. Kyle had some fantastic villains like Parallax and Nero but also had shitters like Grayven. I want to count Major Force as a Kyle villain even though I know he isn't

What about Alan?

Teen Titans villains quickly became franchise-wide villains.

The Flash

so he's an incel manlet then

Dunno a whole lot about most of them other than Grundy, Savage, and the two villainesses he knocked up based. Even then I dunno if I like Grundy or Savage more than Sinestro or Parallax

Luthor, Bizarro and Brainiac are some of the most iconic comic book villains of all time

>Bizarro and Brainiac
>iconic

Your vision of the world doesn't necessarily match with everyone else's vision. Any Batman or Spider-Man villian is more iconic than that.
And besides all of that, OP's question had little to nothing to do with being an icon.

"Bizarro" is a term used by people who don't even know anything about Superman

Bizarro and Brainaic are literally words in our everyday lexicon

The thing with Cheetah is new and they already kinda seem like they're backing off on it. Giganta's had some showings as a straight up villain, just not in WW comics.

I think there could really be something by playing up the Rogues as a supervillain union versus Villany, Inc. as a supervillain co-op.

>Nightmare
>Silver Dagger
>Umar
>Satannish’s cult
>Xandu
>Mordo
>Dweller in the Dark
>D’yspare
>Mephisto
>Shuma-Gorath
>Dormammu
It’s not super good and some aren’t used much but most of them are very fun to read. He has plenty of nice one-off villains too

Bizarro is pretty iconic to even non-comic fans thanks to that Seinfeld episode.

Strange's biggest issue is that he's usually portrayed as significantly more powerful than any of his sorcerer enemies.

Gruewald’s Sidewinder was such a bro. Villains would join the society even if your powers had nothing to do with snakes- at all.

And the term jeep origineted from Eugene the Jeep, but i wouldn't call him "iconic".

There’s Lex, Bizarro, Zod, Braniac, Parasite, Silver Banshee, Metallo, Toyman, Prankster, Manchester Black, Mongul, and even Darkseid to an extent.
He’s not exactly jonesing for good villains to use.

user specifically asked for "good" rogue gallery

I think Superman’s rogues are pretty good.
What’s the measurement for good?

Huh. Wonder Woman comics really were ahead of their time.

I’ve seen supervillain unions but what would a supervillain co-op be like?

The same can be said for Iron Man
His rogues gallery needs a full reinvention that writers will actually stick to

It also wouldn’t hurt to give them personalities beyond “guys in armor who fight Tony”.
For example, there have been 13 Crimson Dynamos; only about half are distinct in ways beyond just armor.

Do they have anyone interesting besides Magneto and maybe the Phoenix?

These are some good ones

>Deathstroke
Okay, I will give you this one.
>Terra
Nah.
>Trigon
Does he appear on Constantine books or something?
>Dr. Light
Fuck Identity Crisis.
>Brother Blood
Nah, although he really isn't remarkable.

The thing about Iron Man villains is that they are mostly a result of the Cold War. The problem is that the USSR collapsed almost 3 decades ago.

Only like three of his villains have ties to the Soviet Union though.

On the topic of Dr. Light; he actually started out as a JL villain before settling for the Titans.
Even before Identity Crisis, he showed as part of Luthor’s Injustice Gang.

Definitely Flash
>Captain Cold
>Heat Wave
>Weather Wizard
>Captain Boomerang
>Mirror Master
>Trickster (both of them)
>Grodd
>Thinker
>Abra Kadabra
>Magenta
>Savitar (not the tv one though)
>Both Eobard and Hunter Reverse Flash
Shade is also pretty cool, but he's become more of a company wide villain

Didn’t Shade straight up reform in Starman?

Armored Adventures, for all the liberties it takes with the source material, actually did a good job of fleshing out his villains.

For DC I'd probably rank them:

Batman > The Flash > Superman >>>> Captain Marvel >>>>Wonder Woman > Aqua Man >>>>> Green Lantern

Green Lantern could probably be rated higher as his main rogue gallery is unique in personalities, but overall, they are too similar when it comes to the rings and superpowers.

Does any other DC hero really have notable recurring villains for each hero? A lot of their other villains are shared between heroes or teams.

The Legion of Doom from the latter season of JLU is explicitly a co-op based on its structure until Luthor takes charge.

F4 is the foundation for villains in Marvel

Both Batman and Spider-Man are on a different level, i don't think Superman's rogues gallery deserves to be out of the contest as OP says, even Flash has better villians than him.

>13 Crimson Dynamos
Very wrong, there are 13 Crimson Dynamos ARMORS, not 13 different people.
Also this point kind of stop being relevant when you are talking about a title that was specifically given to be a legacy, that's the crimson dynamo "gimmick", if you will.

How are they better?
That’s the question I’m asking

Not that guy, but is there an image anywhere that shows all the armors?

>even Flash has better villians than him.
>implying that any of the Rogues hold a candle to Lex Luthor alone
>fucking implying

Can’t find any of them together, just the individual armors.

>Also this point kind of stop being relevant when you are talking about a title that was specifically given to be a legacy,
And Green Lanterns are any less deserving of the title, despite them being an actual corps? Despite their most powerful tool flying off to find a suitable host, you know, as in a LEGACY?

This is why I wish Marvel would bring back stuff like Marvel Universe handbooks

Doctor Psycho is not celibate, involuntarily or otherwise

His partners don't volunteer though

Green Arrow's villains are underrated. Brick, Merlyn, Drakon, Onomatopoeia, Shado, all solid.

Don't forget Top, Gilder, T.O. Morrow and Golden Glider

The same applies to Iron Man. Iron Man is so fucking technologically advanced that him fighting Crimson Dynamo takes like 3 seconds

Doctor Psycho isn't a rapist. He's anti-sexual, though not above using it as a threat.

Yeah, that's the biggest problem with Iron Man, pretty much all of his armored enemies, and a couple of his non-armored ones, have at best one thing they can do better than Tony/that he can't do while being objectively inferior in all other aspects. Then Tony negates/makes a better version of their gimmick and they're worthless.

When did i mentioned the Green Lanterns in my post? Also, what are you even trying to imply?

Now that you mention it, you might have some furtune by checking the All-New Iron Man manual.
Probably you won't find all of them together though.

Bump