Was he really that bad?

Was he really that bad?

Attached: FA26D874-237D-4733-AB7F-0F8D0B9F4873.jpg (225x225, 7K)

What the fuck is the deal with those fucking eyebrows!?

They're sharks.

Korra was a much worse person and asami was infinitely less interesting

It's a real thing

Attached: netflix-presents-thelegendofkorra.jpg (780x439, 80K)

>Not the most powerful bender on the team, but easily the most competent person on the Krew.
>holds a good, steady job and is rising through the ranks pretty quickly.
>badass detective
>Loyal to the point of self-sacrifice
>Pretty selfless dude, all things considered.
>rides a mean motorcycle.
>extremely handsome and athletic
The worst you can say about him is he had a confusing love life back when he was 18, which is normal for someone of that age, attractiveness, and level of competence, and is only a problem if you're a mouth-breathing shipper.

So no, he's actually one of the less shit characters in LoK, now that I'm thinking about it.

He got the aang treatment were shippers demonized him, which is ironic because he was made to pander to zutara shippers

He’s only truly insufferable during Book 1, where yeah, he’s as bad as everyone says he is.
Books 2-4 he’s probably the most tolerable member of Korra’s Klan.

The most offensive thing about his character was that he was made to homage a dead guy and then thrown away by mid season 2

I have forgotten 90% of korra, what made him bad in season 1? All I remember are the two(2) fucking love triangles, but korra was also the cause for that shit too

I didn't need to be reminded of that.

Attached: IrohCrying.png (1080x608, 81K)

Korra would have been infinitely better if the show was instead mako and bolin becoming detectives and having buddy cop adventures in republic city with korra being a side character

Nothing. He’s probably mad over OMG MAKO STOLE BOLINS GIRL but Mako was inoffensive in season 1.

I don't know what he did, but every girl he dated went lesbian afterwards.

Bolin not getting with korra was the best thing that ever happened to him though, he got to have threesomes with freaky ice twins and then settle down with a turbo cutie earthslut

I know but they’re still mad about that.

Is it because bolin was the sokka of the group? And honestly that was korra being a cunt and using him, but shippers seem to forget that part

No they just like Bolin too much and think Makos some cliche guy who gets the girls so they think Bolin should’ve banged her.

Not bad just kind of boring because he's forced to play second fiddle all the time.

Nah, Mako’s pretty shitty to Asami more than anything (which, in hindsight looks like he’s neglecting a piece of cardboard but there was a CHANCE that Asami would become an actual character at the time).
Basically, he’s committed to a relationship with Asami at that point and she’s going through a lot of bad shit, her Dad was exposed as a terrorist and attacked her, she’s now effectively homeless and isolated, yadda yadda, and all Mako does the whole time is whine about MUH KORRA, to the point where he literally pushes Asami put the way so that he can princess carry Korra when they rescue her from being kidnapped.

There’s probably more shit too but my brain has wiped a lot of LoK from memory to cope. After Book 1, Mako’s not to bad but he’s a shitty character in those early episodes and the show tries to play it off as him being romantic.

Why shippers are a so big deal in these shows?
Why shippers exist in the first place?

Romance is incredibly popular, so people like to have it in other media as well

Shippers I can handle, they're something that's going to happen no matter what. The trouble is when creators listen to shippers, that's when things end belly-up.

Oh, and shippers who stalk actors under the conviction that they, like their characters, must be in some sort of relationship. They're fucking creeps.

He was bland and with a shitty personality.

Based Mako couldn't stop thinking of Korra's fat tits

His story arc with that earth Prince was more entertaining that anything the other main characters were doing in The last book

That’s asami

I hated how they just shoved him off with an obnoxious side character just to focus on muh trauma, which was just as annoying.

There was even a scene where Korra, of all people, told him he should spend more time with his actual girlfriend.

If asami was removed completely from the story nothing would be lost

He was bland but he wasn’t shitty.

True enough. He was better in the last season than in the first.

He was a whiny little bitch who treated people like shit and generally just acted as if he thought he was better than everyone else.

Keeping Asami on the show for 4 seasons without ever giving her any sort of narrative investment is one of the most baffling things I’ve ever seen a show do.
Their intentions were good, in wanting to develop her beyond being a cliche Equalist turncoat, but they just never did, for four years.

Were we watching the same show?

When they revealed that korra had only talked to asami after season 3 I’d wondered why? They barely interacted and she was better friends with bolin than asami. Then at the very end I thought she was just going on an adventure with a friend, asami was so boring I didn’t even pick up on romantic vibes at all

I don't know. Was yours the worst show that you have ever watched and are you still mad about it? If not, we might have been watching different shows.