Martian Manhunter

Discuss all Martian Manhunter related things.

Attached: MM.png (250x352, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Martian-Manhunter-1988
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Martian-Manhunter-American-Secrets
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Martian-Manhunter-1998
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Martian-Manhunter-2006
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Martian-Manhunter-2015
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Martian-Manhunter-2019
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AUUUUUUUUUGHHH IT’S TOO PAINFUL

Megan a cute replacement

Been reading the Showcase reprints. It's interesting, because he doesn't really function as a superhero in them. He simply remains in his John Jones form and uses his powers secretly, not turning back into his Martian form to fight crime or anything (whole stories go by where we don't even see him in Martian form, or only symbolically). He also isn't known to the public.

It may not be ''good'', but it's very unique.

Vision.

>Hmmm, what have we here...

Attached: 29d17b5ccb1666e09a605d4a8c5d5df1.jpg (852x480, 54K)

I recently read thru the Ostander tun and it was fucking great. I'm not sure if any of his other runs are as good as that one but I'll be rereading that one every few years I think

>RRRRRAAAAAAHHHGGGG

Attached: Screenshot_20190617-142127.png (1920x1080, 1.46M)

>unnnnggghhhh...

Attached: Screenshot_20190617-142313.png (1920x1080, 1.11M)

What would happen if he and Professor X tried to read each others mind?

This page will never be explained

Attached: Manhuntin'.jpg (1650x1271, 1.2M)

It ended very badly it's explained right there.

So is he just gonna keep this lil green winged nigga?

Attached: Shayne.png (602x1664, 1.42M)

He's more suited to Sci-Fi and Pulp stories, just tone his powers down a bit

Don't mind me. I'm just going to leave this here.

Attached: A plate of Chocos.jpg (750x500, 93K)

Attached: Martian-Manhunter-Chocos.jpg (1400x700, 174K)

This.

There was a flashback backstory in one of the issues of new 52 JLA that show him mentally collecting all data possible on the League.

Whaddya think of the Riley Rossmo MM mini?

Could I get some recommendations on this guy? Always been into aliens as a kid and I remember liking him on JL andJLU

He's overpowered and boring and the LOL CHOCO COOKIE MEME is shit. The character is garbage.

based

You could read his current run. I heard they brought back the Yellow Martians.
Him and Jarro should be a member of YJ. It could be fun.

FIRE!

Attached: tt.jpg (474x255, 8K)

itt: virgins

I never got his weakness to fire. Is it because of Trauma or Guardian reconditioning?

Can't be trauma, white martians have it too

there's no fire in mars

Ok.
Also how many types of Martian are there? I remember there were Yellow, Green, White and Red Martians (Did they take this from Burroughs John Carter?). How does Perpetua fit into Martian lore now?

The most underrated Black superhero.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Martian-Manhunter-1988
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Martian-Manhunter-American-Secrets
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Martian-Manhunter-1998
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Martian-Manhunter-2006
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Martian-Manhunter-2015
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Martian-Manhunter-2019

Which is what they should be doing with him, rather than what they've been doing - which is why those do not sell or go anywhere

>Manhunter
>Straight

How did they develop if they couldn't stand near fire? How did they forge? Did they do some Wraithbone shit like the Eldar from 40K?

They have psychic powers, they just used those to make their shit instead of fire I assume

Attached: D'kay D'razz.jpg (903x1375, 1.01M)

I always liked MM for essentially being the archetype of the "solo" hero who doesn't have his own solo book but thrives purely as a team hero, even though he inevitably gains his own themes, stories, villains, supporting cast, etc. but always with the team he's in as his main focus. It makes it that much more interesting when he gets his own miniseries, for better or for worse.

>needs Wonder Woman's help with milkshakes

Pre-Crisis, the chemical reaction of flame in Earth's atmosphere weakened martians and sapped their powers. There was also a comet that came by once a year whose radiation would remove martian powers and temporarily fix them in the form they were in. Letting J'onn be human for a day and enjoy fire.

Post-Crisis, J'onn is the last martian. Any contact he had with his home planet or people was considered a grief stricken delusion. The weakness to fire was now J'onn's personal trauma at watching his people/family burn to death.

JLA and the Hyperclan. White Martians are back and they too have the weakness to fire. Weakness is now a racial martian thing where their shapeshifting psychic minds can't handle viewing flame and they start to lose control of themselves. Plus J'onn still has his trauma for double trouble.

Fernus and the Burning Martian (I am not a fan of this addition), Now Martians used to love fire intimately and were all one species of gigantic space jerks. The Guardians split them, and placed the psychic weakness of fire into the species so the Burning Martians would never return and start breeding with fire. J'onn would overcome some of his trauma and racial weakness, and only be affected by flames of psychic significance like those set by an arsonist or flames of war.

Bonus shenanigans,
Midsummer's Nightmare - extra-dimensional horrors invaded ancient Mars. Their only weakness: heat and burning them out. Which is when/why the Martians permanently altered themselves to have heat vision, to push the invasion back and fight it should it ever return. Which it did, on Earth. Also J'onn fell in love and that woman immediately died.

Attached: Detective 232_The Dog With a Martian Master.jpg (789x1134, 237K)

You guys think MM has a restraining order from the Oreo company?

He loved them so much he devoured the concept of Oreos itself. Oreos retroactively ceased to exist in the universe, replaced by the generic brand Chocos.

>*steals oreos*

Attached: booster and beetle.gif (445x331, 21K)

Attached: Jonn vs Indigo.webm (640x360, 2.91M)

Attached: Jonn vs red Kd supergirl.webm (640x360, 2.92M)

A lot of screaming

Attached: 1536375639098.jpg (970x545, 183K)

>a little asshole as a child
>betrays his race to Darkseid
>mind-rapes J'onn's wife, hoping to find the Anti-Life Equation in her mind
>kills his own mother when she tries to stop him from mind-raping
>kills THE ENTIRE MARTIAN RACE because they stole his telepathy to stop all that mind-rape
>comes to Earth just to fuck with J'onn
>kills one of J'onn's ladyfriends, just to frame J'onn for the crime
>tortures Jemm, Son of Saturn, so that he can frame J'onn for it
>goes Josef Mengele on a bunch of innocent people so that he can frame J'onn for it
Ma'alefa'ak is the petty dickhead that Thawne and Manta could only dream of being.

Attached: Ma'alefa'ak.jpg (690x937, 172K)

Hawkfag reporting! Fuck J'onn and fuck Kendra

Attached: Justice-League-Annual-The-Kiss (1).jpg (768x588, 100K)

I want him to mindrape my depression away

Yeah they appeared cause Orlando loves his REALLY Deep Cuts.

It depends on the writer really, for a good while in the 2000s it was mostly the truma thing but nowadays it seems to be physical again and even then again it depended.

Was it Morrison or Kelly who came up with the "it's really psychological" thing? Cause if it was Morrison that makes Morrison killing him off in Final Crisis by.. stabbing him and lighting him on fire amusing.

Im amazed at the fact that J'onn having a half Hawkperson kid from an alternate demension/possible future who survived it's destruction is a thing now. Watch as he has crazy hybrid powers or something. Anyway J'onn is now along with all the JL O7 other than Hal a guy with TWO younger counterparts.

The post Rebirth Martian Continuity really needs some clearing up, like Is J'onn a JL founder again? When did he leave to investigate the stuff he was in metal and how long as he gone? What the actual fuck is his current origin? And then M'gann was reintroduced as a character who apparently had just been around too, when did she first appear on Earth? And what the hell is her relation with J'onn, like she's his protege I get that part and obviously she's a White Martian but she constantly calls him Uncle but apparently she was raised by the Martian Keep on Thanagar?

Yeah it's rather amazing just what fucking level of dickitude this guy reaches.

I was hoping something along these lines would be the first reply. Thank you user.

Yeah, he has no standards at all. I guess it comes with having your mind and soul literally torn apart.

I also think it's interesting how ambiguous his backstory is. Did he intentionally contact Darkseid and the New Gods so they could ravage Mars, or was he genuinely trying to help the Martians contact their Gods? Did Darkseid actually torture and brainwash him, or did he join Darkseid willingly? It's neat to think about.

Attached: Ma'alefa'ak2.jpg (346x470, 78K)

Satan is pleased with this thread.

His Empathy is equal to his fashion sense.. which is to say non-existent.

I wish his fragments would return every once in a while. I like arab jewelthief jonnfu

Attached: Ma'alefa'ak.png (369x362, 124K)

but why? Was it because he was part of Stormwatch?

When Batman does it, no one ever kicks him off the league.

Real men wear speedos, user.

I kinda wish they hadn't had Hambly voice him in JL: Doom. Not because I dislike Hambly, he's great as J'onn, but I think that his calm voice doesn't suit a maniac like Ma'alefa'ak.

Attached: Ma'alefa'ak3.jpg (400x567, 50K)

Bump

Has he appeared in anything lately?

He shows up in the 2015 series, but as basically a different character. He's been mentioned in the newest series, but hasn't appeared yet I don't think.

Other than JL: Doom, Ma'alefa'ak's mostly been forgotten, unfortunately. It's too bad, because he's basically J'onn's one standout Rogue, other than Despero.

What about Kanto?

I never thought of Kanto as one of J'onn's baddies. He's shown up in the new Mister Miracle stuff though.

>the new Mister Miracle
I don't like King but Kanto destroying MM in a fight was great.

The Jobber of Darkseids Elite vs the Jobber of the JL!

>The Jobber of Darkseids Elite
That's not Kalibak.

AAAAAARGH SAVE ME SUPERMAN

Kalibak is designed to be a giant loser.

I hope he gets a chance to shine in a live action movie and he isn't replaced with a literal taxi.

Attached: Cyborg Vs. Martian.jpg (2518x1024, 202K)

I hate that this is true.
Martian Manhunter mindwiped the entire White Martian army + Adding distinct personalities to them but still somehow gets BTFO Multiple times.

This pic is true
Get rid of Cyborg he will never be an A lister anyway

J'onn had a pretty great lineup of villains during the Ostrander run.

Martian Manhunter is ridiculous in terms of all the bullshit he can do, which is why he jobs so hard (not being Superman is another reason)

fpbp

Attached: 1445695675422.jpg (600x602, 32K)

Poor baby

Brutal.

Agreed, Bette Noir and Cabal were pretty cool.

Try reading Ostrander's run. J'onn was a fucking beast in it, and everyone he's up against is crazy OP as well.

Attached: oreo.png (1598x8354, 3.07M)

I liked the relationship he had with MAx and rest of JLI

To think about it, Max is pretty good counterpart for MM

Attached: max.jpg (448x488, 51K)

someone post Jonn and Myrna's sex scene

>read the latest run
>J'onn is investigating MYSTEEEERIOUS MURDEEEEERS
>the culprit is YET ANOTHER EVIL MARTIAN
Fuck me, what a letdown. It's not even Ma'alefa'ak.

Remember when he was Bloodwynd?

He used to be Bloodwynd.

"I am the last of my people.. expect for all those other guys who happen to be evil"

Attached: 7A8BC0F3-24EC-4B6E-B3AC-99D7BD27526C.jpg (482x988, 86K)

Seriously how many evil Martians has J'onn thought.

why does he dress like a stripper

Who is this?

I've always wondered this too lmao

"I am the last non-asshole of my species."

Would you hide your rippling Martian physique and massive dong?

REV UP THOSE DRAWFAGS

At least half the number of evil speedsters Flash has fought.

mods please don't ban me

Attached: martian sex.jpg (1988x3056, 1.23M)

Is the new comic good

it's pretty good yeah.

Martian Sex is weird.

JL: Year One had him collect info on all the League. Also, Batman was absolutely kicked off the team for collecting info. Read Tower of Babel.

Sooo.. J'onn and Kendra are actually a thing now... apparently? the last JL issue certainly made it seem that way.. Im just.. confused.