I've been reading comics for over twenty years and I have no idea what Dr. Dooms powers are

I've been reading comics for over twenty years and I have no idea what Dr. Dooms powers are

Attached: 81z3igQNqDL._SY679_.jpg (509x679, 36K)

and you're hoping for Yea Forums to give you an answer when they don't read comics at all?

He's the second best as everything. Reed is the smartest, he's the second smartest. Dr. Strange is the most magic, Doom is the second most magic. Tony is the most technically proficient, Doom is the second most technically proficient. Thing is, the heroes are all of those things individually. Doom is all of those things put together.

Inb4 Tommy

Attached: (tommy).png (654x347, 465K)

Doom has no innate powers, other than an extraordinary intellect and possibly the strongest will on Earth.

Through training and study he made himself a brilliant scientist as well as wizard, expert strategist and tactician.
He has the acquired ability to transfer his consciousness permanently into another person, even against their will.
He's also a lethal martial artist, although this seldom comes into play; suffice to say that if you peel his armor from him, you may be in for a nasty surprise.

>Nasty surprise
His face?

He's Doom, duh.

Tony grudgingly views Doom as equal and possibly superior to him when it comes to engineering. But that was a while ago.

Metal Bending. Electrical manipulation. Hyper smart. Hot in certain books.

Autism and meta popularity granting him immortality and universal success.

SCIENCE bordering on magic
Then MAGIC when science bores him
Also KUNG FU
But he's only second best at everything

Him crushing your windpipe with a single blow.

Seriously, he did it in 'Doom'. Spent most of that mini in his underpants. He's ripped as hell underneath the armor.

>Metal Bending. Electrical manipulation.

....Did you... did you really only watch...

The Romani will fuck you up if mess with them.

Remember how ultimate doom had goat legs? And then didn't. And then went to the zombie universe

The ultimate fantastic four stuff was the only time Greg land was good

>But he's only second best at everything

Honestly being second-best at everything is better than being the best at one thing.

No matter what feat he accomplishes you can say "eh, I GUESS doom can do that"

I watched the cartoons and the movie. Do you not know how boring the comics are?

So? I have been reading comics for 34 years and never read a Fantastic Four comic.

Attached: Cosecha 02.jpg (588x803, 545K)

Doom is Doom. There is no other

he knows magic and makes robots. glad to help.

Being second best at everything makes you the best at being second best. So technically, that's one thing he's actually #1 at, invalidating his position as second best at everything.

Attached: thinking cap.jpg (400x426, 176K)

He doesn't have any. He uses high technology and magic but he's really just a man.

Magic is a power

RICHAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS

His power is literally "Fuck you, I'm Doom".

>themanyfacesofbengrimm.jpg
>momit'ssobig.jpg
>achillesrichardsinhis tent.jpg

I miss when Doom was a 20th level Technologist and only a 1st or 2nd level Mage. That he dabbled in some magic but of no real proficiency and certainly not enough to be considered a Sorcerer Supreme candidate.

But the Doomwank had grown over time that he is as much a master of magic as of tech, and frankly thats boring. Everything hasta be Flanderized eventually...

>Magic is a power
No it's not. If any normal person can do it with enough discipline and training like Doom did, it's not a power, it's a skill. You don't say that a tenth degree black belt has martial arts "powers" but recognize they are highly skilled through practice and dedication.

Not the other guy, and not disagreeing with you, its just an incredibly pedantic point. Who gives a shit?

At some point, when you're opening portals to hell or chopping through tanks, it doesn't really matter than "anyone could learn it", when only a billion to one are capable and manage to do so.

Attached: page13 (534x800).jpg (534x800, 489K)

In a story where he fights for Sorcerer Supreme title you can see that he actually cheats a lot. He is not the second best mage because he is the second most powerful, there are people who are more powerful in magic than him, but because when he pulls his head out of his ass Doom is one of most tricky bastards to ever live.

The biggest Doom's achievement on technological front is probably Doombots. They are like the best robots in the whole comic universe. Not because they are the most powerful, but because they are actually the most human.

Doom's greatest achievement has always been his time machine.

Not if your ego as big as Doom's

Turns out he always kept the goat legs, the one with normal legs was an imposter. Kind of like Kristoff but with less brainwashing.

It was literally Sue and Johnny's mom.

Jack of all trades...

May Kirby strike you down to the deepest Hell, that you be consumed screaming by the One Below All.

Is he second best at being third best too?

He sold his soul for the ability to be as good a mage as he could have been if he had devoted all his studies to magic. Or the soul of Valeria (his old girlfriend), maybe.

Because in a world where some people are born with magic powers it makes a difference.

Was gonna bring that up. It's hard to measure his actual magic because his tech analyses magic to help, much like Iron Man with melee fighting and other stuff in some incarnations.

I legit had no clue on the martial arts. I remember him fighting T'Challa, but wasn't sure how accurate that was.

>Or the soul of Valeria (his old girlfriend), maybe.
can't we just go back to ignoring waid's run

>Doom never grew out of his chuuni phase and learned to harness its potent autism force to thwart the normies
Truly /ourguy/

It doesn't get talked about much, but Doom made tech that nullifies mutant abilities. Or at least specifically Magneto's.

That was just him being a dick. He does that a lot.

Oh yeah, if it can come from being a dick, Doom's either done it or hasn't felt like doing it yet.

When was that, Children's Crusade?

>possibly the strongest will on Earth.
Ben Grimm's will is stronger.
Which keeps the "2nd best at everything" theme.

>>I miss when Doom was a 20th level Technologist and only a 1st or 2nd level Mage.
99% of magicians in Marvel are D&D Warlocks(powers from contracts with otherwordly entities), the strongest subclassing Artificier and a very few also subclassing Wizard

Doom mainlines as Technologist\Arcanist mixing them resulting in Technogolems powered by pure magic and Heat-seeking Magic Missiles.
he also subclassed a few points in Wizard but mostly dropped it after the events of the Unthinkable campaign.

Being Sorcerer Supreme was never about being "the strongest" anyway

I agree...I liked how he minored in it which made him cool as such a heavy science guy & gave him a rare one-up on Reed. It also gave him an interesting relationship with Strange who Doom genuinely respected and since Strange's job didn't have any dominion over 'Earthly' concerns they had parallel goals and never considered the other an enemy.

Attached: Good Night.jpg (1600x1597, 438K)

this is a cool powerset.

Who even actually does the Wizard thing? Fin Fang Foom, I guess?

Small things like unaided levitation and astral projection, mostly.

99% of Magic in Marvel is asking help from otherwordly entities, using enchanted items or having non-human ancestors which means Sorcery and not Wizardry

I think the biggest example of Wizardry is Dr. Druid.

"Whatever the hell he needs his powers to be" is the answer.

Also, he fears squirrels.

Yeah, I remembered Fin Fang Foom from when he was disguised as a chinese old man. He mentions magic is too literal when he talks about " removing the webs constricting the Mandarin's mind" and they actually manifest as webs he pulls physically.

I'm guessing Wanda's kid would classify as sorcerer and she'd classify as actual witch/warlock. Also guess some Asgardians for instance actually count as using wizardry.

Still yet to be replicated by anyone else. Eat shit Reed.

Reed's dad built one first according to based Byrne

He's a Super Scientist, Engineer and Sorcerer. So think Iron Man + Doctor Strange.

Didn't the F4 actually time travel a LOT? Was it with his machine all along?

Doom's Time Platform is unique among time travel stuff because when you use the time platform you can alter the future of your current timeline. Other time travel does the thing where changing the past creates a split in the timeline, Doom's doesn't. I'm sure in Marvel's 70 year history there's been some continuity error regarding this but that's the way it's supposed to be.

Doom is evil batman + magic and politics

Wanda is actually a Warlock, she channels Cthon

Billy is either a Sorcerer(power from bloodline) or a God, though I suppose he might be one of the few Wizards out there.

Asgardians are Gods, which I guess might classify them as "Otherwordly Wizards"

strictly speaking, Doom's machine also causes a split timeline.
But unlike "normal" machines, using it automatically triggers a collapse of similar timelines, resulting in only the "altered" timeline remaining.
It's unclear if it triggers a "natural" event or just activates a TVA cleanup routine(which personally find more likely and more thematically fitting)

REMINDER THAT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ JACK KIRBY FANTASTIC FOUR YOURE A FUCKING POSER

>Yeah, I remembered Fin Fang Foom from when he was disguised as a chinese old man. He mentions magic is too literal when he talks about " removing the webs constricting the Mandarin's mind" and they actually manifest as webs he pulls physically.

No, that was Chen Hsu, another Kakaranatharan. He was the captain of the ship. Fin was the navigator.

Tony Stark also built one.