Why couldn't Wanda be the new face of the MCU if we're choosing a woman? She solo Thanos for fucks sake...

Why couldn't Wanda be the new face of the MCU if we're choosing a woman? She solo Thanos for fucks sake. What does Brie bring that she doesn't? It's not like Captain Marvel was an A list hero.

Attached: drfg.jpg (960x764, 68K)

Captain Marvel brings cosmic adventures.
What does Wanda bring, besides MuhVision? She doesn't even have Mount Wundagore/Ch'ton/Magneto story potential in the MCU.

UMMM... Captain Marvel has the Carol Corps to back her up
Wanda LITERALLY destroyed the lifes of the Avengers

Because captain feminist pushes the agenda that people like brie and by extension her fuckbuddy fiege want to push. It will blow up in their fucking faces and will mostly likely be responsible for the MCUs decline, other then the infinity saga ending of course.

A NOT mutant getting the spotlight with all the license bullshittery?

Because Carol is a better character with more, and better, stories.

Because Brie is perfection, Wanda not, it's easy

Because Wanda wasn’t ever a proper character, she sorta just existed to push Stark into a doomsday prep frenzy and fuck Vision.

Scarlet Witch is set up to go full blown villain.

Because fuck muties but fuck captain marvel too

Too beautiful and too sexy to please feminists, so they went with Captain No-ass-nor-tits instead

Wanda brings a character i actually want to win and be empowered.

Disney didn't push Wanda as the female face of the MCU because of the legal battle with Fox over her and Pietro.

Because the entire plot was leading up to a Captain Marvel saving the three male leads of the franchise.
Scarlet Witch has already shown to be superior to them in combat but wasn't done late enough to do the whole "this woman is superior to the three male leads".
She was also part of the "build" to get Captain Marvel cheered so she was considered an after thought

>Why couldn't Wanda be the new face of the MCU if we're choosing a woman?
Because she is too good looking and have boobs and an ass, thus she attracts the 'male gaze' which is 'problematic'.

Good one.

Because Larson is Feigies waifu. He's the one that pushed for her and Captain Marvel. There is no good reason not to make Wanda the female lead of Phase 4, and yet here we are.

Based. Should've pushed Kamala

Because Capatain Marvel is called Captain Marvel. As in, commanding officer of Marvel, as in leader of Marvel, as in Marvel the comic book people, as in Marvel the movie people. She's the Captain of Marvel. Captain Marvel.

You just like the actress that plays Wanda because she is prettier, has a better body, seems likable and fun, is a better actress and doesn't self righteously spout her views whenever she can.

You're biased, user, and it shows.

Attached: 3f4defa4d6284e5681dc7113c5dea70d..jpg (640x464, 18K)

She doesn't have the name of the company in her name.

But Chthon is implied to be in WandaVision by the leaks (which have since been confirmed to be correct about the Loki and Falcon and Bucky series, as Vision is said to be possessed by an evil spirit that came from Wanda.

IMHO Chthon possesses Vision when Wanda isn't around (because she can sense his presence) and stokes up fear in the locals.

Based Agatha Harkness showing up will make this Kino.

If we don't get Mount Wundagore, Chthon, Whisper Hill, and New Salem I'll be disappointed.

Attached: 1461571991826.jpg (692x1133, 85K)

Agatha teaching her and her fighting Chthon would be kino.

Also because the character has been sidelined from comics for nearly 20 years.

Imagine her tight leather pants straddling his skintight costume hahaha.

none of them are A list heroes.

Attached: ulj6s1jfl5v01.jpg (2436x2436, 194K)

Captain Marvel isn't the new face of the MCU, it's Spider-Man. Captain Marvel is filling the Thor role going forward.

when's she gonna get fat drunk and unstable?

>What does Brie bring that she doesn't?
Brei is an AMERICAN hero (military) on top of being an American super hero. Wanda is some filthy mutie immigrant

Attached: 1518242075663.jpg (1200x1200, 127K)

Future movies. I don't know much about storytelling, but I know enough to know that the next logical story beat for Captain Marvel is for her to be knocked down a peg or two. Right now she's cocky, brash, feels like she's unbeatable. When you want a character like that to develop, you kick them around in their next installment.

Really? She has so many stories that they had to not only steal an avengers story, but completely rewrite her origin for her movie

damn Elisabeth Olson really owns that 'girl from next door' vibe

because Captain Marvel is a lot more standard, she's just a juiced up Captain America. Scarlet Witch is more...esoteric? i.e. Wizards usually aren't the main character unless the whole verse is about wizards.

She was unfortunately introduced as one of 3 new heroes in an overcrowded movie and is underdeveloped as a result. Her movie origin, with Loki's staff or whatever, is also a bit convoluted and dumb.

It's actually Brie who has that. It's all of what her charm is about, but she chose to hide it post-CM for reasons unknown.

>has a better body
Only thing you posted that was true, and she barely edges her out in that.

>When you want a character like that to develop, you kick them around in their next installment.
But they don't want a character like that to develop, or suffer, or be threatened at all, that would ruin the power fantasy where she's just better than everyone.

No she's not, Endgame finished with her accepting what had happened.

Attached: 1522436845585.jpg (1400x1000, 788K)

Imagine her smiling like this for you

Attached: r9cJpVB.jpg (1200x1633, 606K)

Hmmm...

Attached: images (62).jpg (250x201, 4K)

At this point it seems unlikely for one of Thanos' dead henchmen to be connected to Chthon even if they did name him 'The Other'. Did he even appear with Thanos' army in Endgame?

reminder if Wanda had stayed with Vision and safeguarded him while the gem was being removed like she had been told to do instead of running off to fight the snap never would of occured

Thanos already has the Time Stone before he gets to Earth. Whatever the Avengers do with Vision or the Mind Stone, Thanos can use the Time Stone to get it. We're supposed to take Strange's word that the snap happening, Iron Man, Black Widow and Vision dying were all necessary as the only way to stop Thanos.

Wanda should have used both hands to fight Thanos, pull the Infinity Stones out of the gauntlet so he can't use them, then attack, and get Vision to fire the Mind Stone beam at him. Even if they didn't manage to kill him it would hold him up until Thor got there.

>Did he even appear with Thanos' army in Endgame?
As I remember, he did not. Aside from the implications of his name and his role in creating the twins, he seemed to mostly just exist as Thanos' go-between for his allies outside of his officially loyal "children".

Attached: 1555034963154.gif (245x315, 734K)

if she didn't jump down there than the Wakanda army would've been fucked by those CGI spiky death ball things

Attached: 13876070.jpg (640x342, 40K)

Wanda basically had to. You see her look out at the battlefield, visibly conflicted about whether to help, or stay with the others.

That was the reason Proxima Midnight deployed the saws, indeed the true purpose of the attack on Wakanda was to draw Wanda away from Vision.

The adorableness is off the charts.

> Rubbing her fingers.

The fact that you said Brie shows your bias dipshit

Reminder than when Thanos showed up he could have undone the gems destruction either way because he had the time stone you absolute fucking braindead moron.

Go play in fucking traffic.

we already have thor, GotG, Nova Corp.

>It's not like Captain Marvel was an A list hero.

Thanos was originally the arch enemy of Mar Vell. Carol should've definitely had more airtime.

I feel like shipping PeterxWanda now

Wanda was going to fight Thanos until Vision talked her into killing him.

An interesting thing to note is Vision was quite against her using her powers, wanting her to stay out of things in Civil War and wanted her to have a normal life ("What if I missed all the trains?"), but then after the attack in Edinburgh he urges her to embrace her power. ("I can't." "You can.")

In Endgame she willingly embraces her power as she rises into the air and attacks Thanos. She's no longer reluctant, no longer indecisive.

Because so many MCU characters quip, Wanda is one of the few characters who truly contrasts with Spidey.

X men.

Attached: 3A750F89-9629-4B39-BAC6-C771AB31BA57.gif (230x227, 3.14M)

Marvel comics and the Marvel movies are different entities. The movies seem perfectly willing to kick their heroes into the ground so they can stand up as better people than they were before.

She doesn't even

Attached: 1557258272817.gif (268x400, 1.71M)

>It's not like Captain Marvel was an A list hero.
Neither was Wanda.

The Mar Vell who was retconned into an old woman?

Attached: AE8232DA-1297-4E87-96BC-434AD2A483BF.png (548x428, 131K)

Not based on her solo movie or her endgame appearance, but maybe captain marvel 2 will be different. Ill catch it on disney plus if the user reviews are good.

Her solo movie was all about setting up this incredibly minor nothing character as someone to cheer for. Even in Endgame Thanos manhandled her a little when he used the gems. I'm willing to bet that Captain Marvel 2 is going to knock her down a peg

>SEETHING
$1,128,007,244

Attached: 1560631146794.png (578x661, 411K)

Wanda by herself potentially brings...

Locations:
Mount Wundagore
Whisper Hill
New Salem
Flickering Realms

Villains:
Chthon
Set
Lore
Master Pandemonium

Concepts:
Chaos Magic
Multiversal Sight (in some stories, able to see what other Wandas in other timelines see)

Attached: 1530694273227 (1).jpg (672x900, 36K)

I dont see it. Optics looks bad. Shes had 2 movies and all her struggles were minor failures in flash backs.
Shes superman level power without any of the humble. A flying brick thats just all the cocky and compassion.
Maybe theyll let her character develop into something compelling, but Im upset that Thanos could solo the Hulk, easily, and 1v3 cap/thor/iron man, but she smiled off his headbutt. I get scarlet witch wrecking his shit, shes a glass cannon, but Carol is just a little to cocky to be boring, shes actually annoying when on screen. Her 3 best moments
>When she screamed back at a skrull
>When she got power stoned
>When Rocket made fun of her hair
I dont think thats what marvel was going for.
I saw the movie day one, packed theatre, waaay to much cheering, especially at the end...and dead silence when she flew through Thanos’ ship. Maybe its just my local theater..or that one showing, or more then half of every message board and forum ive seen her brought up in, or everyone at my office.
Maybe.

>>I dont see it. Optics looks bad. Shes had 2 movies and all her struggles were minor failures in flash backs.
>Shes superman level power without any of the humble. A flying brick thats just all the cocky and compassion.
t. didn't watch the movies

>Brie
>charm
That's a good one. At most I'd hate-fuck her as CM, and that's after she gets the dumb haircut.
He's not wrong though.

Attached: 1495400380584.jpg (1087x1086, 344K)

Nah he is, Brie is the best and so is Carol. Only smelly incels disagree.

>Spider-Man
That’s somehow worse.

Bad thread OP

Attached: 1425318271435.png (400x600, 306K)

>someone thinks differently about a celeb than me, better call them an incel
2/10 see me after class.

Wanda's power is connected to her emotions. She was powerful when fighting Thanos but that power was hate borne of pain and heartbreak. It was earned painfully. She goes to a very dark emotinal place.
It's no coincidence that Thor and Scarlet Witch, two of the most powerful Avengers, are also the two who have suffered the most personal grief and loss. When a character is powerful, focusing on their vulnerability makes them relatable and makes you root for them.

Carol is powerful right off the bat, there's no effort required to attain full power, no cost to it.
Her origin movie should have focused more on her personal insecurities and made her realization of the imperial actions of the Kree more sobering.

She breezes through everything and is just powerful for the sake of being powerful.

Watch out for that Kree Strap-on .

"I kind of want to play with Spider-Man, right? He's cute," Olsen joked. "And he's really funny. I think Holland's killing it and he's so, so fun."

Could it be....?

Attached: wea.jpg (1079x1047, 134K)

Attached: svg.jpg (720x710, 61K)

I ain't seething about shit. I liked her solo movie, and I think she was used just the right amount in Endgame. But before this movie, Carol was a nobody. Even the massive push in the comics for the past fucking decade didn't do much, as her series time and time again have tanked in sales and have had to be relaunched. The movie is the first time she's been handled well in the last decade besides that super brief Alien-inspired run that got dropped halfway in for Civil War 2.

Attached: wfre.png (1017x1017, 2.42M)

Why did Fiege push Brie over Olsen?

I know he's a hack but I never thought he'd think so little of eclipsing Olsen's character

>granny face

Attached: haha.jpg (1280x1280, 150K)

Reminder that Captain Marvel has a long standing cinematic history.

Attached: Captain Marvel screencaps-01444.jpg (1792x1080, 402K)

It's mutual.
Holland called Olsen "super hot" and "a really nice person".

Don't be so mean about Tom.

what the fuck am I looking at here

Olsen has alot of critical acclaim (but no Oscar noms), with Marcy May Martha Marlene, Wind River, Ingrid Goes West, Sorry for Your Loss, but none of those were box office hits or big audience draws. Olsen hasn't made a film outside the MCU since 2017.

Larson on the other hand has an Oscar and already had some box office success with Kong Skull Island.

On the other hand, the Disney Plus series means we might at last get some real Wanda lore which, in lieu of a solo movie, we aren't going to get in the movies.

Thor is in the GotG now and Nova Corp was annihilated by Thanos on Xandar before Infinity War. So really only have one of those, not three.

>Captain Marvel brings cosmic adventures.
In the comics they do everything they can to keep her grounded so she can 'lead' and be the face of the earth heroes. Even though she belongs in space. I imagine the movies are going to try the same thing.

Exactly. Why would we not capitalize on two cosmic marvel groups being advertised together to bring in the cosmic marvel adventures instead of having to split story opportunities between two different franchises?

spidershota? I think it was about scarlet hag

i dont know, wanda is cute, she earns it the spot then some feminist bitch rolls around and takes her spot.

>cosmic adventures
GoG did that

Don't lie, you only want Wanda to be MCU's new face because you like looking at Elizabeth Olsen.So do I.

Attached: siriusxm_portrait.jpg (2000x3000, 3.18M)

Who says Captain Marvel was going to be the sole face of the MCU? It’ll be a Big Three thing again with her, BP, and Spiderman.

Because the universe is fucking huge and potential is fucking huge. Why the fuck would they group every single cosmic-faring hero together and just do one story at a time? That's stupid. Kind of defeats the purpose of introducing more cosmic characters.

Wanda has to be set up for tragedy for the best story of a future phase.

Magneto
X-Men
Mutants

He's straight?

Even if X-Men come to MCU eventually, none of that is gonna be tied to Wanda, since they've already established her backstory as parents dying in a bombing. And she's not mutant her powers came from the scepter/Mind stone.

Attached: 1557037738151.png (391x494, 326K)

>brie
>charm
Yes? Watch any random interview excluding the ones with the controversy.

Those are things that a whole bunch of other characters such as Storm, Wolverine, Xavier, Beast, Cyclops, etc could easily bring.

What Wanda brings, as a character, is dark fairy tale via her struggle with Chthon and origin in Wundagore, Eastern European mysticism, and it's meshing with sci-fi in her relationship with Vision.

Her face acting is unironically Elder God Tier.

I still can't accept that this is the same person