WHO WAS THE BIGGEST LETDOWN?

Attached: Thanos Done Wrong.png (1116x707, 1.21M)

Ultron, I guess. At least with that film, there was an expectation that it might turn out decent.

X-Men films were *never* good.

Ultron. Again this is disappointment not who was worse. Ultron was menacing in the trailers compared to EVERYTHING DEY BUILT WILL FALL

Apocalypse. Nothing about him turned out to be interesting and his costume is lame. Ultron at least had a great introduction and dialogue when he died. Destroying Sokovia ended up being important.

AND FROM DA ASHES WE WILL BLD A BETTER ONE!

Apocalypse. Ultron was like a robot Professor Ratigan, at least fun to watch.

MCU Ultron can get it desu

Attached: tumblr_pekhloWGmi1tiokf0o1_1280.jpg (1280x1059, 360K)

Ultron

Ultron.
You'd have to be an idiot to think Jennifer Lawrence and her J-Men were going to put out anything of quality.
AoU actually had some excitement behind it.

>Destroying Sokovia ended up being important.
Did it really? It loosely lead to Civil War, but was Civil War even relevant in the end? I'll answer that question for you: it wasn't.

Ultron was nice and menacing, had a good voice, all that. He was proper, but the movie's plot didn't make use of him well.

Because of Civil War Steve couldn't even follow his promise about losing together and he and Tony barely spoke for seven years.

Fuck you, I'll answer the question just fine on my own. It was. The consequences of its events are felt in Spider-Man Homecoming, Black Panther, Infinity War, Ant-Man & the Wasp, and even Endgame.

Ultron. Apocalypse is rarely good outside of the 90s cartoon, so there wasn't a lot to expect there.

Ultron hands down.

Ultron - was always a fan growing up, my favorite thing about him was the haunting emotionless face. The MCU version was more expressive than some of the wooden actors. Still...the trailers sold me on it, very strong creepy vibe. Movie let me down big time.

Apocalypse - Never cared for him in the comics, ultimately dull after his first appearance. The movie looked like shit in the trailers, JLaw and others stealing focus... went in with poor expectations and it still couldn’t live up to it.

Apocalypse was pretty fucking great.

>No More Superpowers

>The consequences of its events are felt in Spider-Man Homecoming, Black Panther, Infinity War, Ant-Man & the Wasp, and even Endgame.
As what? A couple of throwaway lines? Sorry but you're full of shit.

>b-b-but civil war was why Thanos won
Full retard. The full force of the Avengers in the comic version of the story weren't enough to stop Thanos. Civil War didnt matter.

They had the opposite problems I think.
Ultron never felt like a threat, he just kind of slinks away to later pop up with another failure of a plan.
Smug without Menace is just weasely. He was a weasel of a villain.
Apocalypse meanwhile just evolved to meet anything the X-men could throw at him to the point there's no reasonable way for them to win without a Deus Ex Machina in the form of releasing Sansa's final form.

>The full force of the Avengers in the comic version of the story weren't enough to stop Thanos.

Irrelevant to the movie's presentation of the story.

Stop being so dismissive. Civil War introduced Spider Man and Black Panther as characters, setting up both the basis of the plot of Black Panther and the mentor relationship between Stark and Peter, that last one carrying over not just into homecoming but being the specific reason that Tony cracks time travel and the entire plot of Endgame happens.

Ignore everything else about the Avengers splitting up or Ant Man going to jail or what have you, and Civil War still has a major impact on everything that follows. To pretend otherwise is being intentionally ignorant.

>WHO WAS THE BIGGEST LETDOWN?
I mean with Steppenwolf, I didn't expect much (and was still let down), and Ares was always going to be a one-note "WAHAHAH I'M EVIL" armored goon, but I really, really hoped we'd get a decent Lutnor, and not a worse Luthor than Superman III replacement-Luthor.

Attached: Luthorberg.jpg (1400x700, 42K)

Both were super lame, but at least Ultron had a decent death scene and it wasn't "everybody punches him until he dies" like Apocalypse

The point is that a divided Avengers team wasn't necessary for the story to happen, because we alread have an instance where a united Avengers team ALSO failed.

>being the specific reason that Tony cracks time travel and the entire plot of Endgame happens.

no, Tony cracks time travel because he can't give up being a superhero, he'll keep going until he dies, that's why Pepper tells him "you can rest now"

This. Going down under the full force of Thor, Iron Man and an Infinity Stone powered Vision is actually pretty good for a non-Adamantium Ultron. And Scarlet Witch has always been his Achilles heel in any incarnation.

Man, you REALLY had to reach to ignore what the movie explicitly told you. I commend the effort, as stupid as it was.

I liked MCU Ultron, but the problem is I don't really see him as Ultron

Stark's thing wasn't necessarily "being a Superhero" it was making the world safe.
Thus the whole Ultron program so everyone including himself could retire to a sensible safe life.

>X-Men films were *never* good.

Shit tier: Last Stand, Origins, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix - 4
Alright tier: X-Men 1, X-Men 2, The Wolverine, First Class - 4
Preddy gud tier: Logan, DOFP, Deadpool, Deadpool 2 - 4

It seems to me, or at least in my opinion, the franchise has been hit and miss moreso than 'bad' or not good. If anything, if you lean the 'alright tier' more in a positive direction, its actually more good than bad. 4 films in 16 film franchise don't hinder it down. Its like how people like to shit on the MCU despite pretty much every movie being a hit outside of Iron Man 3, The Dark World and AoU. Outrage culture makes you feel the urge to be negative even when its unwarranted.

Apocalypse was such a letdown that Fox retconned his movie out of existence.

> Primitive beings

Attached: IX5UOTn.jpg (720x352, 25K)

>Swings a weapon invented by humans at least 10,000 years ago.
>extracts information by strangling people with his bare hands.
>has to chase people on foot because he owns no mode of personal transport.

Ultron was a good character, only retards think otherwise.
He might not have been a good Ultron, but he was a good Freudian pathos' ridden antagonist.

apocalypse easy. at least with ultron he had one or two decent scenes
the wolverine belongs in shit tier too

Ultron's tension-ruining quips were bad and all, but a certain feature in his design (see pic) makes up for it, so Apocalypse

Attached: thotbot.png (279x246, 150K)

A long time ago X2 was considered one of the best superhero films. We've come a long way.

At the time, there was only the four Superman movies, four Batman movies, two Blade movies, Spider-Man 1, X-Men 1, Supergirl, Spawn, and Daredevil There was a lot less competition, and about half of them were disliked, so the bar was a lot lower.

It still is.

Ultron

Let's compromise and agree it's still one of the best Wolverine movies.