At what point capeshit costumes stop being fun and become ridiculous? What are some costumes you personally find silly?

At what point capeshit costumes stop being fun and become ridiculous? What are some costumes you personally find silly?

Attached: Sunfire_GF.png (426x974, 429K)

When they're poorly designed

His costume would look better if it covered his neck and mouth too.

I don't fault older costumes for being bad because they're usually a product of their time, but some costumes just suck.

Attached: file.jpg (442x715, 127K)

I want to note that there is always that one artist that makes bad costume work, but a good costume should work with the majority of artists, even bad ones

Attached: 4d8391676d3f24134da1ce1f353d51f7--graphic-novel-marvel-universe.jpg (180x525, 25K)

How can you call yourself a master of fire if your face isn't constantly burning?

Attached: 4354525.jpg (535x594, 47K)

I always wanted a Hank Hill version of Endeavor.
>"I'm the clean burning hero I tell ya what"

I always felt like Sunfire's was a cool mixture of toku hero and masked wrestler.

>"That boy Todoroki ain't right I tell ya want"

people actually think this looks cool?

Attached: FantasticFour_humantorch.jpg (1200x680, 129K)

The skirt makes it look like a blatant Green Arrow knockoff and the jacket is just laughable. Horrible design. Love the 90s one the most for him

>people actually think this looks cool?
I think its pretty hot to be honest

Not Sunfire, he only had pretty rad costumes.

>At what point capeshit costumes stop being fun and become ridiculous?
Never you fucking casual, get out.

The only superhero I just plain think looks like shit is Firestorm. Just.. Firestorm.

>shitting on Sunfire

Fuck you round-eye

Attached: wonder-woman-thor-invisible-woman.jpg (1400x700, 181K)

This costume is amazing tf?

Step up your game

Attached: 16C428F1-B4AE-4931-8EDC-2F1AC0EAE2F9.png (250x379, 207K)

>a fucking dress

Attached: let it be known that Maximus is pleased.jpg (1061x1500, 1.5M)

He did downgrade the helmet later on

Attached: max1.jpg (1600x2345, 937K)

Toshinori, you giblet head!

Attached: tumblr_inline_of9j7huBxi1qlnf7w_500.png (500x285, 138K)

Hue

I have a feeling his mask was supposed to resemble a samurai mask but looks more like a butterfly
I like this though

bump

Firestorm does look bad. A lot of Golden Age heroes too.

Not just any dress, a peek-a-boo minidress.

Firestorm is from the late 70's. Also I always felt he looked like a Marvel hero.

but that was good

Maximus' costumes in Kirby's FF were intentionally crazy and ostentatious to fit his personality, the false king wearing elaborate costumes he thinks befit his position. The more restrained costumes of modern times were a mistake.

This design is actually pretty good though, it's just anime as fuck

I't weird he has had tons of costumes over the years and somehow the one from the secret invasion mini sticks like glue

Attached: maximus kirby.png (1206x1087, 3.05M)

He gave that costume to Kate Bishop

Attached: p%20%20%20%20100%20dpi623.jpg (602x938, 276K)

Wolverine's winged ear things.
In a fight, those would be as much a tactical disadvantage as pony tails FFS.

But what if your whole body was on fire.

Attached: inferno.jpg (791x1200, 427K)

I love Dr.Alchemy original costume. The one when he called himself Mr.Element. It was silly yes but the cool kind (in my taste) because im the kind of user that loves weirdness.

Attached: mr-element.jpg (580x600, 42K)

This is especially shit because classic hawkeye is based

Hot=/=good.

>ridiculous
>stops being fun
Motherfucker, capeshit is fun because it IS ridiculous.

>capeshit
Please fuck off back to Yea Forums and stay gone.

The 90s resulted in a lot of ridiculous outfits meant to look cool, but the 00s is when they tried to make them all look tacticool and get rid of anything that looked too flamboyant or ridiculous.

Tbh Piper kinda represents the change pretty well despite having minimal costume changes.
Intro (1960s) to COIE (1985) he wore a tunic that looked like a minidress with tights.
Late 80s he was given thigh highs, an open shirt that still was supposed to be a tunic, but added the cloak.
He actually stopped appearing in that for a few years in Waid’s run and appeared in civvies since he doesn’t have a secret identity and helped Wally that way.
Then late 90s hit and got pants, silver shin guards, and silver shoulder pads.
Then in 00s Kolins straight up said he thought Piper looked ridiculous and didn’t like him because of that, so Johns redesigned him to look cooler, hence the black/dark green body suit, weird harness, and ratty cloak.

Attached: 3B27F2EC-02DA-473B-ACFF-5BCB07E013A7.jpg (800x600, 138K)

He oriental and their shit is usually garish. looks right to me

>capeshit
>comics and cartoons
Your hatred amuses me.

Daredevil's OG yellow costume was stylish as hell, though obviously extremely dated.

Attached: Daredevil-Yellow-int.jpg (1280x958, 671K)

Piper during the Messner-Loeb late 80s era genuinely reminds me of Link for Legend of Zelda.
Anyway, they should use him more. Last I recall seeing him he was just some therapist in a few panels.

>despite having minimal costume changes.
sorry meant DUE to minimal costume changes. Pretty much got a new one every major era.

His 2011-2019 outfit doesn't really encapsulate this eras' outfit changes though, since it's still a proper superhero outfit instead of civvies and a jacket and is still very simple rather than being hideously overdesigned and having Jim Lee armor lines everywhere.

And yeah he's very underused. Flash focusing more and more on speedster/speedforce shit forced all the non-speedster supporting characters into a small corner, he wasn't Barry's reformed friend (Heatwave was), and he isn't a proper Rogue anymore, so there's only a limited time where he can show up. I'm also convinced that editorial got kinda embarrassed at people hating Countdown so they stopped paying attention to all those characters when Final Crisis was over.

Attached: being better with ladies than a gay man.jpg (500x265, 53K)

>cool mask
>red costume with flames because he has fire powers
>rising sun because he really loves his country
Aside from the darker red trunks I honestly don't see what's so bad about it

A dragon, user.

When they're not designed by Kirby, Ditko or Cockrum.

That's because he is one of the few who doesn't follow the "broad shoulder, strong jaw, extremely muscular body" he sticks out of that reason.

What, you don't want to see this baby on the silver screen?

Attached: 1559593515108.jpg (600x850, 209K)

There needs to be more man cleavage

Attached: discowing.png (137x183, 31K)

it should be exposing his ass

A cursory gander through my folders has revealed that I am currently lacking in impractical or skimpy male hero outfits that isn't outright promotional. This is a disgrace. Please help, Yea Forums.

Attached: 1556247046593.jpg (982x1920, 565K)

also he doesn't have a symbol in the center of his body

Well since I already mentioned Piper here's his tiddies from the late 80s.

Attached: piper says tiddies out.jpg (431x479, 101K)

They should've used the left one in Metal.

Attached: nw.jpg (1200x960, 168K)

Attached: ''Black_Condor_001.jpg (1102x1187, 332K)

Oh my, yes.

Attached: ohyes.png (592x644, 128K)

I'm pretty sure that one on the left has already made it into a Final Fantasy game somewhere.

Attached: cosmicboy.jpg (425x645, 95K)

wait, his boots are on fire too?

any costume with speedos is stupid

Bad color theory, overdesigned, doesn't tell much about the character's personality or powers.

Tacti cool is kinda lame