Why didn’t he just wish for extreme magical power and freedom?

Why didn’t he just wish for extreme magical power and freedom?

Attached: F47F74CF-7AA3-4245-BEF7-434C01DE60A6.jpg (1200x650, 472K)

He didn't know about the itty bitty living space.

He already had extreme magical power. But because of his own hubris he wanted even more.

Honestly at that point nothing could have actually defeated Jafar but Jafar.

In fact he basically have the powers of a genie already without being a genie

He kinda did when he wished to be the most powerful sorcerer in the world.

Then he got greedy. It's a villain thing...

I mean, as a sorcerer you could still just sneak up and slit his throat. Or stab him in the face while he sleeps.

He took his own freedom for granted and didn’t think about defending it. It’s funny- at the start if the movie, Jafar is already the most powerful person in the kingdom. He pretty much controls the Sultan through persuasion, and when he can’t persuade he can just hypnotize to get whatever he wants. He only wants to give up the charade that the Sultan is technically a bit more powerful than him and get to rule outright, and to seize ultimate magical power, almost purely for bragging rights. He is repeatedly obsessed with power- he has no prior attraction to Jasmine but suddenly decides to try to force her to marry him in part just to prove he can do it and put her in her place because she was kinda defiant. He later tries to enslave her for the same reason. His whole character arc is always leading up to his blind power lust becoming his downfall.

He’s a good parallel to Aladdin, whose whole character arc is similarly about him not being satisfied with who he is and having to learn to accept himself and realize other people will accept him too without him having to be a phony prince or some shit.

Because that's two things and he only had one wish left.

Either didn't think about it or didn't know.

This guy gets it.

Yeah. These. It probably also ties into why Jafar didn't have any intention of rewarding Al or Gazeem (if the thief hadn't been killed) for their efforts, despite both of them being absolutely no credible threat to his power once the Lamp was firmly in his possession.

Even if Jafar had the Lamp/the wishes, with nobody to stop him, he wouldn't fucking stand for Al walking away with only a lousy bathtub full of gold and jewels, which is fucking paltry compared to what he had gotten. It was all or nothing for Jafar-- even rewarding others with shit he has no use for would go against his obsessions. he wanted to be the only guy in the room with *anything*.

Fuck, Abis Mal was right for only once in his dumb-ass life when he questioned if all the treasure Jafar was giving him would disappear once the latter was free. It absolutely wouldn't be there once Jafar had what he wanted.

because jafar was a dumbass.

The plot demanded that he turn into a retard when presented with the most transparent provocation from the protagonist.

It kinda makes you wonder, if Jafar couldn’t even be satisfied with being the world’s most powerful sorcerer, if he had actually managed to achieve becoming an all-powerful genie that was also free, would he have continued to try to somehow figure out how to get even more than that? Getting more powerful was all he ever knew how to do, he probably wouldn’t know quite what to do if he really had no further to go.

The guy can shape-shift into a giant snake the size King Kong fights. I highly doubt that slitting his throat is going to work.

Then he turns you into a chair to sit in and braap for eternity into as revenge of attempt on him.

Why did wishing to be a prince or Sultan only give them a change of clothes?

>would he have continued to try to somehow figure out how to get even more than that?
Being an ego thing, I think he'd be satisfied with just having phenomenal cosmic power, if only because as far as he knows there's nothing left to ascend to at that point. The moment he runs into a being more powerful than him (or finds that there's something even his tremendous power won't let him do) he's going to throw a fit and start scheming again.

Which kind of makes me wonder, if he'd somehow become a free genie with the same level of power, would he still be bound by the same rules the Genie was, i.e. can't make people fall in love? If he was, I think he'd be petty enough to still try to find a way to make people fall in love, even if he has no actual use for that power.

Could be, though at the end Genie assumes Aladdin's third wish would be to become a prince, again. So there's a few ways to look at this.

a. the first wish was just the trappings of princehood, such as clothes, slaves, servants, flunkies, 95 white persian monkeys, etc. but didn't actually confer any kind of princely authority or heritage, and thus a second wish would've somehow rewritten reality so that Aladdin becomes a genuine prince instead of just a guy cosplaying as one
b. He WAS a genuine prince, but Jafar was somehow able to undo that wish with his sorcery when he outs Ali Ababwa as being merely Aladdin, thus requiring the second wish to have his princehood restored

wishing to be prince retroactively made his father king of thieves.

Was it retroactive? I thought it was mentioned in the movie he somewhat recently became the king of thieves

He did not know the Genie was imprisoned and that he would end up the same way, unlike Aladdin he had not discussed freedom with the Genie.

Has anyone seen the Jafar musical? Vizier I think it's called. It's on YouTube and is supposed to be great.

Attached: die-50er-das-war-komplett-anders-100_1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 263K)

Because the genie cheated him out of his wishes.

Genie! My third wish is that you lose your powers!

Dammit Sivana!

Sounds like that story with the magic fish. Wife kept asking social upgrades (wealth ->queen ->empress) until she wanted to be greater than GOD only to lose everything.

And what of the wife who wanted to merely see a just world with life?